• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
It's going to be Olimar. Trust me.
I'd much rather have Ridley, but I guess Olimar would be okay as long as he has interesting moves.

EDIT: Perhaps an Olimar/Whatever-that-other-guy's-name-was team, a la Ice Climbers? That might be interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
C'mon Olimer...

But then again...we are ALWAYS wrong unless someone tells us who it is before hand

Florida

イーグランツ
You guys should set your expectations low, so that when we get something good, it'll be mind-blowing.

I predict a How to Play update, "You Must Attack!".

Which equals,
  • Captain Olimar
  • Captain Olimar's Special Moves
  • Pikmin Stage
I went there.

Fernie812

Smash Cadet
With the way that things have been going, it will problably be something along the lines of:
"This is Sakurai. You suck at life. You're going to die young. Your friends and family are dead and its all your fault. Your pets are being skinned alive, your father was a hampster and your mother smelled of elderberries. I fart in your general derection. Good day, sir."
Honestly, it would be following the general formula of updates so far this week.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
OK everyone get your hopes up for Captain Olimar because we all know that when we expect one thing really really hard Sakurai gives us something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!! lol

I don't know why so many (I really don't think there should be this many) people want Olimar in. It's just Captain Olimar from Pikmin. A game with one sequel that appeared only on the GameCube and we haven't seen anything else Pikmin related since.

Megaman on the other hand...

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
Tonight's update: Idle Animations.

"Wh... what's that plumber doing? Mario sways to an unheard rhythmn!"
"Rumor has it this is Mario's idle animation! This time, everyone has a different idle animation."

...yeah, after the rest of this week, my expectations aren't too high. :p

EDIT: And worldjem7, Olimar rocks! :D Well... he'd be a unique character, I'd be really interested to see what Sakurai does for his moveset. ...but I'd prefer Megaman before him too, yeah. XD

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Tonight's update: Idle Animations.

"Wh... what's that plumber doing? Mario sways to an unheard rhythmn!"
"Rumor has it this is Mario's idle animation! This time, everyone has a different idle animation."

...yeah, after the rest of this week, my expectations aren't too high. :p

EDIT: And worldjem7, Olimar rocks! :D Well... he'd be a unique character, I'd be really interested to see what Sakurai does for his moveset. ...but I'd prefer Megaman before him too, yeah. XD
Epic update imo

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Miyamoto's birthday doesn't mean anything in relation to the Brawl daily updates. Updates do not synch unless there is a public event with new information shown.

The release of Metroid Prime 3 did not synch with a Brawl update. The release of Super Mario Galaxy did not synch with a Brawl update. Sakurai's birthday did not synch with a Brawl update.

Stop coming up with stupid ideas to get your hopes up over an amazing update that isn't very likely to happen exactly when you want it to. Trust me, getting your hopes up over the unpredictable mind of Sakurai is only setting yourself up for disappointment. Have low expectations, you'll be happier.

... except for this week, I'll admit. I have low expectations and even this week can't meet them.

Now, some number crunching facts: it's been three weeks since we've seen a character, and it's been NINE weeks since we've seen a veteran. It's just getting plain excessively overdue now. Character. Gimmie. Now. I don't even care if it's someone lame. You can't be any more lame than Lucas anyway.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Miyamoto's birthday doesn't mean anything in relation to the Brawl daily updates. Updates do not synch unless there is a public event with new information shown.

The release of Metroid Prime 3 did not synch with a Brawl update. The release of Super Mario Galaxy did not synch with a Brawl update. Sakurai's birthday did not synch with a Brawl update.

Stop coming up with stupid ideas to get your hopes up over an amazing update that isn't very likely to happen exactly when you want it to. Trust me, getting your hopes up over the unpredictable mind of Sakurai is only setting yourself up for disappointment. Have low expectations, you'll be happier.

... except for this week, I'll admit. I have low expectations and even this week can't meet them.

Now, some number crunching facts: it's been three weeks since we've seen a character, and it's been NINE weeks since we've seen a veteran. It's just getting plain excessively overdue now. Character. Gimmie. Now. I don't even care if it's someone lame. You can't be any more lame than Lucas anyway.
even Waluigi?

because I sure don't. >=(

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I predict crap update today!! I think it will be at least 2 more weeks without a new char confirmation.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Ness clone ftw. lol

Rex+

Smash Ace
I'll say that tonight is going to be a letdown update, just perfect for rounding off a horrible week.
Either that, or an EPIC update. You know how Sakurai is.

Weed

Smash Lord
Still supporting a joke even less funny than last night.

But not as funny as the handicap update xD haha.

Top Bottom