• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Good point. Oh and btw. I'm predicting that Ridley will be revealed as either a boss or a playable character because of all the heat on the forums about this weak week.

M.K

Level 55
My ideal week:

Monday: You MUST Jump!
Tuesday: You MUST Punch!
Wednesday: You MUST Kick!
Thrustday: You MUST Shoot!
Friday: Oh yeah, Brawl comes out tommorow! You MUST be surprised, huh?

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I say that the next stage we get in Green Hill Zone. Sonic is the only series that doesn't have a stage on the dojo now. I also see a newcomer this week, since we haven't gotten a character profile in two weeks. Possibilities I think are Ridley or Geno (because Sakurai seems to be announcing all of the top five poll characters first). Olimar is possible too, because of Shiggy's b-day.

Timbalada

Smash Cadet
Monday- returning items part 2
Tuesday- how to play
Wensdsay- onstage appearences part 2
Thursday- Ice Climbers Final Smash
Friday- Knuckles, Funky Kong, Geno, Mallow, Booster, Pac Man, Megaman, Bomberman, Ashley, Ridely, Tom Nook, King Boo, Walugi, Tails, Banjo, Conker, Mumbo Jumbo, Wizpig, and Tingle will all be confirmed along with many others. (Captain Falcon deconfirmed)

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Your posting this on the wrong topic, this is the omfg tonight prediction thread.
I think you wanted the omfg next week prediction thread.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
I am the Walrus? >_>

I hate the idea of Ridley in the game as anything as a boss. It's my opinion. Deal with it.
I hate you!!!! Riddles is ownage!!!! Have you even played Metroid Prime and fought Meta Ridley, or Metroid Prime 3 and fought Omega Ridley? If you had, you would realize how totally AWESOME Riddles is, and how worthy he is of a Brawl spot.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I hate you!!!! Riddles is ownage!!!! Have you even played Metroid Prime and fought Meta Ridley, or Metroid Prime 3 and fought Omega Ridley? If you had, you would realize how totally AWESOME Riddles is, and how worthy he is of a Brawl spot.
I neevr played a single Metroid game and never showed any interest in the series, but just by going on info from this site, I'd say he deserves a spot. All I really know is he's the thing form the Melee opening video that samus is shooting.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Incidentally, yes. I'm a huge Metroid fan. I've played through every single one of them since the first one.

I was especially a fan of Metroid Prime through the third. And that's especially why I'd rather not see Ridley in Smash as anything other than a boss. Boss characters have a powerful aura around them that makes it so that they are impenetrable fortresses of power with which you test your skill on. That should be Ridley. If anything, you're insulting him by wanting him as just a character. It's removing his strength and bringing it down to that of a mere standardized character.

I'd rather not get in the argument on his size, because it's quite controversial, but his relevance as a boss character in Metroid is what should be revered and respected.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Boss characters have a powerful aura around them that makes it so that they are impenetrable fortresses of power with which you test your skill on. That should be Ridley. If anything, you're insulting him by wanting him as just a character. It's removing his strength and bringing it down to that of a mere standardized character.
*cough*Ganondorf*cough*Mewtwo*cough*Bowser*cough*

piclemaniscool

Smash Rookie
I think another assistant trophy

that would also be the best way 2 keep ridley in-game, but powerfull. i didnt play any metroid games far enough to ridley so i cant imagine his moves, but if nintendo keeps bringing it (he/she/donno) back, *insert gender here* must be worthy of at least an assistant trophy
that is what I think will be next

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Incidentally, yes. I'm a huge Metroid fan. I've played through every single one of them since the first one.

I was especially a fan of Metroid Prime through the third. And that's especially why I'd rather not see Ridley in Smash as anything other than a boss. Boss characters have a powerful aura around them that makes it so that they are impenetrable fortresses of power with which you test your skill on. That should be Ridley. If anything, you're insulting him by wanting him as just a character. It's removing his strength and bringing it down to that of a mere standardized character.

I'd rather not get in the argument on his size, because it's quite controversial, but his relevance as a boss character in Metroid is what should be revered and respected.

the problem with bosses is that they are ment to be defeated.Ridley may be defeated by samus many times but now his chance to destroy her will come when he is confirmed as a playable character.

Ridley 4 Tehmorrow

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ridley could easily be a playable character and in the SSE, he could easily be a boss fight.
This is exactly what I expect them to do with all the "evil" characters (Wario, Bowser, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Meta Knight(?)) and I don't see Ridley as any acception, especially since he's so wanted.

And just a thought: Why would Sakurai have Ridley's battle stage without Ridley as a hazard, or at least a cameo, in the background? They could have easily made him a boss in SSE and a hazard/cameo in Norfair. That's why I think he's a shoe-in at this point.

See you soon, Ridley!

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
I think another assistant trophy

that would also be the best way 2 keep ridley in-game, but powerfull. i didnt play any metroid games far enough to ridley so i cant imagine his moves, but if nintendo keeps bringing it (he/she/donno) back, *insert gender here* must be worthy of at least an assistant trophy
that is what I think will be next

Ridley an Assist Trophy?That would be saying Captain Falcon has new moveset.It ain't gonna happen.Sakurai has mentioned Ridley too much for him to appear as an Assist Trophy.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Okay, I know that everyone always predicts Captain Falcon, but I'm actually going for him.

Also, this is my first prediction. Wish me luck.

Zeish

Smash Rookie
Ridley for thursday, all the new characters came in thursday... tomorrow ill say... i feel like a new item

Top Bottom