• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Let's hope we get two character updates this week...Sakurai hasn't given us any new characters in two weeks.
Yep, this is the longest we've gone without some character confirmation since the Dojo started. (17 days on Monday)

Keta

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I just had a dream that I was playing my friend in Brawl. Before I was playing it, I found a holographic C. Falcon card, and everyone was trying to steal it. o.O Then the Falcon vs. Fox match started. Falcon looked badass. lol FALCON FOR TOMORROW!!!!!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
two days ago i had a dream that Stafy was confirmed.

and there was a video with the update shows Legend of Stafy 4 ad IN ENGLISH, and Sakurai was saying something along the line of "go check the game out, it just came out in english!"

.................................it was soo sweet.....

Firefalcon

Smash Cadet
Okay, I just had a dream that I was playing my friend in Brawl. Before I was playing it, I found a holographic C. Falcon card, and everyone was trying to steal it. o.O Then the Falcon vs. Fox match started. Falcon looked badass. lol FALCON FOR TOMORROW!!!!!
lol, I hope dreams can come true

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Character related: C. Falcon
How To Play: Grab the Ledge!
Item: Smart Bomb
Stage: C. Falcons stage
Music: Kirby franchise

I will hopefully guess right this time.. C. Falcon for starter!

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
There has been speculation floating around that Captain Falcon is going to be replaced by Rick Wheeler in the same fashion as Ness with Lucas. Rick Wheeler does gain the title of "Captain Falcon" though, so we'd probably still play with a Capitan Falcon with a different character design. Still, the thought of losing the original Captain Falcon is very sentimental loss.

Events could be explained F-Zero GP Legend if you care to read up on some spoilers.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
There has been speculation floating around that Captain Falcon is going to be replaced by Rick Wheeler in the same fashion as Ness with Lucas. Rick Wheeler does gain the title of "Captain Falcon" though, so we'd probably still play with a Capitan Falcon with a different character design. Still, the thought of losing the original Captain Falcon is very sentimental loss.

Events could be explained F-Zero GP Legend if you care to read up on some spoilers.
Well if you consider my quote Talendime, Rick Wheeler would be a "Newcomer" even though he'd be heavily based on a retired veteran.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Tommorrow.............NEWCOMER............................::: TOAD

just kidding

tomorrow i choose

AT:

or Game mode

or Character (possible but unlikley)

maybe a music update

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I wish i had dreams in brawl format.
This actually isn't the first time it's happened. I've had a lot of dreams about me playing Brawl. It's so **** fun every time, too!! >.< I want the game now. :( ..and who the **** is Rick Wheeler? Screw him. He will never replace Falcon. At least, not in my heart. :(

It's true, though.. The possibility of more characters that weren't amazingly popular being replaced by more recent ones is a very good possibility in my mind. I didn't like Ness that much, but I do love Falcon... I loved Marth even more, but I'm not sad to see him go for some reason. o.O Falcon has been there since the beginning, though!! It's not fair, not even for Ness. :( Look what you Lucas wanters caused!! I don't know why I've been rambling, had a lot of coffee. Playing FFR, kinda bored. Go play at FlashFlashRevolution.com everyone!!

ps I also had a dream a looong time ago, before final smashes, that I was fighting a Marth on FD as Falco, and Falco used a final smash. o.o

Falco shall return!!!

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
That's why I stated that losing Falcon would be so awkward, but it happened to Ness. I'd definately miss him the way I'm missing Ness. But anyways, Rick Wheeler is Falcon's rival and best friend who takes up the title after the tragic events of F-Zero GP Legend. I'll definately be missing the "Show ya moves" taunt.

...this is of course if Falcon really is retired.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
Omg... It makes perfect sense for Falcon to be gone then. :(
Tomorrow: Rick Wheeler.................................................................

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Really? It brings so much closure to me knowing that. :p

Anyways--
I smell a character update by this Wednesday.
WARNING! NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!
Newcomer: Rick Wheeler
Envisioned description: There has been a character named Captain Falcon that has appeared in the Super Smash Bros. series, up until now. Rick Wheeler plays much like him.

Nooooooooooooo. )=

Talendime

Smash Ace

Anyways--
Envisioned description: There has been a character named Captain Falcon that has appeared in the Super Smash Bros. series, up until now. Rick Wheeler plays much like him.

Nooooooooooooo. )=
Really? Hmmm... To me it smells more like Geno.

Strange

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Really? Hmmm... To me it smells more like Geno.

Strange
Hah, we wish. I can't wait for that day. I'm thinking that they will wait until they release SMRPG on the virtual console to unveil Geno.

But back to the Captain Falcon speculation, I don't know if you were being facetious or not, but I doubt they'll undo Samurai Goroh. The F-Zero insignia is a falcon, and I can't imagine having Samurai Goroh replacing Falcon. Rick Wheeler is the new Captain Falcon, so that would make sense why they still retain the Falcon insignia... but not Samurai Goroh.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet

Anyways--

Nooooooooooooo. )=
Hold the Phone, Rick Wheeler can't replace Captain Falcon because he started as a anime character then became a VG Character. Sakurai said in one of his journal and it mention no Anime/Manga characters are included and characters have to started on a Video Game and not a manga or Anime. So don't worry about losing Captain Falcon.

Also Captain Falcon for tonight!

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Hold the Phone, Rick Wheeler can't replace Captain Falcon because he started as a anime character then became a VG Character. Sakurai said in one of his journal and it mention no Anime/Manga characters are included and characters have to started on a Video Game and not a manga or Anime. So don't worry about losing Captain Falcon.

Also Captain Falcon for tonight!
Perhaps, but I think he was referring to characters from Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto, etcetera. F-Zero GP Legends is an anime, but is all Nintendo, so there wouldn't be that hassling to get the license to use the characters in the game.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
Perhaps, but I think he was referring to characters from Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto, etcetera. F-Zero GP Legends is an anime, but is all Nintendo, so there wouldn't be that hassling to get the license to use the characters in the game.
Nintendo Anime still counts as a anime and Rick Wheeler won't be exempt from that rule an any shape and from. Man do you want Falcon or Wheeler?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I definately want Falcon, but I'm looking at the circumstances of whats happened with Ness and Lucas and an incorporating it with Falcon. Because MOTHER 3 is like 300 years after Ness' adventure, so Ness is like, dead. Falcon is dead, so I'm just thinking that they will pass the torch over to Rick Wheeler now.

If it's Nintendo's anime, I wouldn't doubt that it's an exception to the rule. x:

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
tomorrows update will be an AT. start the day the Sakurai way. I would love to see a newcomer, even a veteran, but Think about how last weeks updates were.

somewhat unrelated: what time does sakurai update the dojo exactly?

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
Oh no. What if it's Mewtwo? Think about it. 150. Veterans Day. It could be, but I would hate it.

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
So tomorrow i am getting Super Mario Galaxy, this is related because i promised myself from that point on i will not check updates. I swear to god (but not regularly) that i am gonna go INSANEEEEEE. Well anyways Monday is gonna be the last update ever....... It better be a char., Captain Falcon will do.

Top Bottom