• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Well, the last time it was the first of a month, we got Lucas, the time before that, we got Ike.

AND!

It's 100 days until Brawl?!?

Is what I say. No doubt about it.
Just for that I'm gonna say no way. Sakurai can NOT be predicted using logic that's actually logical. Sakurai takes logic and makes it illogical. Ergo he mindgames all of us by making us think he has a pattern and then he's like, "lol mindgamed. kthxbai noob" and shows us that we must recover.

Quit life, Sakurai patterns.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Just for that I'm gonna say no way. Sakurai can NOT be predicted using logic that's actually logical. Sakurai takes logic and makes it illogical. Ergo he mindgames all of us by making us think he has a pattern and then he's like, "lol mindgamed. kthxbai noob" and shows us that we must recover.

This post is full of win. If I didn't like my current sig so much, I'd definitely quote that ****.

Anyway. I'm predicting...Captain Falcon's left nipple tonight.

Smooth Criminal

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Why doe everyone always predict one of Captain Falcons nipples!?! It would shock them all if he arrived nippleless. :laugh:

EDIT:

I think my last post for the night, I'm off to get some sleep.

I'll probably wake up tomorrow mentally scared, after having dreamt about Captain Falcon, some nipples, and a knee.

Thanks a lot Smooth Criminal..

burrito

Smash Lord
Just for that I'm gonna say no way. Sakurai can NOT be predicted using logic that's actually logical. Sakurai takes logic and makes it illogical. Ergo he mindgames all of us by making us think he has a pattern and then he's like, "lol mindgamed. kthxbai noob" and shows us that we must recover..
I don't even think that that is good logic. It's too soon to get a character and after three new characters in a row, I think it's about time we get a veteran. What does 100 days mean? That means nothing to me. Plus, I don't think it being first of the month means anything, either. 2 characters was just a coincidence, I don't really think it's a good precedent. Those characters had other reasons to appear on that day.

I mean, don't get your hopes up.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
True, He can be predicable at times, but overall you do not know if he could throw you a curveball (i.e. Stage Editor/Creator Mode). I still guess that it would be an item...

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I don't even think that that is good logic. It's too soon to get a character and after three new characters in a row, I think it's about time we get a veteran. What does 100 days mean? That means nothing to me. Plus, I don't think it being first of the month means anything, either. 2 characters was just a coincidence, I don't really think it's a good precedent. Those characters had other reasons to appear on that day.

I mean, don't get your hopes up.
Save for the first sentence in which you say that I don't have good logic I agree 100%. I think that you think I agree with the post about there being a character because it's the first of the month. My post rebuked that whole thing so... why is my logic bad?

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
Remember remember the 5th of November, the gun powder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

Sigurd will be revealed

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Hm.

Our past first-of-the-month updates have been: Delfino Plaza, Assist Trophies, Ike, Pit's Descent, and Lucas.

I guess most of those, save Pit's Descent, could be considered great updates. However, instinct tells me that tonight is going to suck and that friday will be good. Maybe that's me being hopeful for FALCON FRIDAY?

Regardless, I've been expecting bad updates all week and it's neutralized any disappointment that I could have been getting from these updates. So I'm going to continue expecting crap and being pleased. :)

Oh, I want to see an update on Kirby's Copy ability though. I have this increasing suspicion that Kirby is going to get more than one ability through copying in Brawl.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Well, the last time it was the first of a month, we got Lucas, the time before that, we got Ike.

AND!

It's 100 days until Brawl?!?

Is what I say. No doubt about it.
Hmmmmm veryyyy interesting. I hope your right.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hm.

Our past first-of-the-month updates have been: Delfino Plaza, Assist Trophies, Ike, Pit's Descent, and Lucas.

I guess most of those, save Pit's Descent, could be considered great updates. However, instinct tells me that tonight is going to suck and that friday will be good. Maybe that's me being hopeful for FALCON FRIDAY?

Regardless, I've been expecting bad updates all week and it's neutralized any disappointment that I could have been getting from these updates. So I'm going to continue expecting crap and being pleased. :)

Oh, I want to see an update on Kirby's Copy ability though. I have this increasing suspicion that Kirby is going to get more than one ability through copying in Brawl.
1) It's about dang time we get CFalcon in here already. WTF is taking so long!?

2) It would be better if more of Kirby's moves altered when he absorbed his enemies. Like some of his more "vanilla" special attacks. I say, make his dash attack like it was in SSB64, and give it the ability to alter properties like the Melee "fireball" when he absorbs, say, Bowser. Also, it would be neat to give his standard A combo more "oomf!" when he absorbed a character like Donkey Kong or Snake (Fighter Kirby? yea, it better be), and a bit more speed when he absorbs a character like MK or Sonic.

platnum

Smash Lord

if what you say is true and sakurai makes the awsome updates on pointless nothing special days, than he CAN be predicted,infact i think the next character update will be on 11/05/07.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I swear to god he makes these updates well in advance, then just uses a RNG to choose which one is revealed. There is no pattern.

I'm a little frustrated at no Norfair update...the wording he could use for it could help confirm Ridley.

Or...deconfirm him.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I predict something big, indeed, but not a character.

It's the first day of the month. I'm betting it'll be something outstanding that we've never even thought of before.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I'm guessing a regular item soon (not AT or Pokeball). We haven't had one since the Golden Hammer, which was in the middle of September. We saw quite a few new items threw E4All, let's see their updates!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well, it's the first of the month and it's a Thursday. Character updates are usually on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

But since the pushback... nothing is definite anymore. Sakurai is in no hurry to release any information anymore.

EDIT:
And whenever the next item is released... I'm going to say it's the Smart Bomb.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well I meant in the sense that Sheik didn't return but Midna was added as a new Zelda representative.
I don't have an opinion of Midna, since I haven't played TP yet, but she is a cute lil' imp thing:chuckle:...

Don't like the idea of her on Wolf Link because he's in the game in regular form though

Black/Light

Smash Master

Actually, Sakurai does no big things for centain days. Like for his birth day he gave us SSE.

Top Bottom