• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Boofer

Smash Ace
Wack. Maybe C. Falcon will be revealed tomorrow night. If not then maybe we can expect two character updates next week.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
The more you crave Falcon's update, the longer you'll wait, seriously.

I predict a new character every couple of weeks, I don't see one happening every week. Weren't the last few spaced out in two week periods? I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's a thought.

And this leaves us with two (I think) two more final smashes we already know about, Ike and Zero Suit Samus.'

Boofer

Smash Ace
The more you crave Falcon's update, the longer you'll wait, seriously.

I predict a new character every couple of weeks, I don't see one happening every week. Weren't the last few spaced out in two week periods? I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's a thought.

And this leaves us with (I think) two more final smashes we already know about, Ike and Zero Suit Samus.'
I think there are as many characters as there have been weeks since the first update (if not, then I believe the difference is less than 3). Unless he's running out of characters then I'd say it's fair enough to think that we'll get one per week.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
...Waste of my time.
We know about this Final Smash...
Hmm... He should do a massive update with everything we learned from E4ALL. :/
Calm down, its not like if they come here and go to see the videos, and not everyone comes to smashboards, besides, its good to know their official name.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
usually, Sakurai reveals all the characters by the release of a Smash game

this means, he has until January 22nd to reveal all the characters

....we have 27 confirmed so far

he only has 11 weeks to reveal all the characters

he usually reveals characters once every two weeks

that leaves us with about 6 characters left...which is rather pathetic

33 characters is about the same amount as predicted in the roster picture.

due to the spaces on the screen

I'm going to be really disappointed if that's the number of characters >:

Boofer

Smash Ace

There have been 25 weeks since the updates started. How can we have 23 confirmed (i don't know what where you got the extra 4) if he only gives us a character every other week? Are you saying that he just started this trend?

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
How can we have 23 confirmed (i don't know what where you got the extra 4)
Luigi, Sheik, Ganondorf. Not 4. Sorry.

Anywho, this is how many we have confirmed. If the sides of the screen DO fill up, we have 7 characters left. If they don't, well, we only have 1 character left. However, assuming Sheik, Ganondorf, and Luigi are confirmed, chances are, the sides of the screen with the "?"s are going to fill up. Leaving us with 4 characters left. My assumptions are that they are Megaman, Krystal, Game & Watch, and someone from the Metroid series.

Widescreen TVs

Fullscreen TVs

Sucks that there won't be more characters though >:

Boofer

Smash Ace
Luigi, Sheik, Ganondorf. Not 4. Sorry.

Anywho, this is how many we have confirmed. If the sides of the screen DO fill up, we have 7 characters left. If they don't, well, we only have 1 character left. However, assuming Sheik, Ganondorf, and Luigi are confirmed, chances are, the sides of the screen with the "?"s are going to fill up. Leaving us with 4 characters left. My assumptions are that they are Megaman, Krystal, Game & Watch, and someone from the Metroid series.

Sucks that there won't be more characters though >:
Where did you get this pic from? I'm sure they can make the select screen change to fit in more characters. That might not even be the final select screen. I pray we're not only getting 33 characters.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Where did you get this pic from? I'm sure they can make the select screen change to fit in more characters. That might not even be the final select screen. I pray we're not only getting 33 characters.
Well they didn't shrink any icons in Melee. Even the demo from the conventions that had Melee had the same sized character icons as the final version. So that history will probably repeat.

And I photoshopped that.

Sir James

The Doctor

I wouldn't really be disappointed with 30 or so characters, but there is still hope. We only saw a demo of the game months before its release. It is possible that the final character select screen will be much different. My guess is maybe a narrow "blade" character select box or maybe just really small boxes like from the Street Fighter games. They could easily remake the the character select screen to fit almost 50 characters.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
But we may have better quality characters and Sakurai makes character updates every week at least, if you count how the numbers are right, in addition we still have other things we do not know about to be updated although we have not had a SSE update in a while...

hyuugasteve

Smash Rookie
i doubt that they are going to keep the character select screen from the demo. They won't keep the stage select screen either. We've already had to many stages confirmed to fit on that stage select screen.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I wouldn't really be disappointed with 30 or so characters, but there is still hope. We only saw a demo of the game months before its release. It is possible that the final character select screen will be much different. My guess is maybe a narrow "blade" character select box or maybe just really small boxes like from the Street Fighter games. They could easily remake the the character select screen to fit almost 50 characters.
Well of course they could, but would they? is the question. Considering they certainly didn't for Melee. I'm going to be disappointed with only 30 or so characters, if the game has just passed its 2 year development anniversary, and we get less than 10 new roster numbers than Melee.

although we have not had a SSE update in a while...
Probably because what's said has been said and they don't want to spoil us anymore lol.

But we may have better quality characters and Sakurai makes character updates every week at least, if you count how the numbers are right, in addition we still have other things we do not know about to be updated
Well, we have about 11 weeks left. Assuming about every other week between each character reveal (Lucas to Sonic was 9 days), I'd say that's a generous about 5-7 more characters to be revealed.

i doubt that they are going to keep the character select screen from the demo.
They didn't change anything from the Melee demo to the final version screen. I know. I was there.

They won't keep the stage select screen either. We've already had to many stages confirmed to fit on that stage select screen.
Well you're right about that. Counting Norfair, we have 25, and only 24 fit on the screen. So there's a chance that all the icons in Brawl will shrink. I really hope so, because 30 characters is nowhere near enough.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Considering every character should get a stage this time around, there will be a lot more stages. Plus there might be stages w/o characters (pictochat...)

I'm sure they can change the character select screen. The one from the demo was probably like that since it would have looked awkward if it had really small icons and lots of white space.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Considering every character should get a stage this time around, there will be a lot more stages. Plus there might be stages w/o characters (pictochat...)
There's also the possibility you will navigate through stages like a page in a book. There might be an arrow at the corner of the screen to look at another page with stages, since the amount might not fit. It's a possibility.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Just because they didn't change the screen once doesn't mean they won't do it again. I'm sure the icons and such were made in such a way just for the demo. Look at the ordering of the fighters. Or, rather, the severe lack thereof. Mario and Peach are on opposite sides of the screen, and Bowser is chilling with Sonic.

Nah, that's not final, not by a longshot.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I don't believe that the character select screen size is final. I doubt Sakurai will put character boxes on the sides of the player huds, too. (He might, but I doubt it.)

I don't care what they did with the Melee demo, this is Brawl. I think they'll resize everything to fit more. 30 characters at best? Yeah, I doubt that too. They've had too much time developing the game to ONLY invent 7-8 new characters. (Look at the huge roster increase from SSB64 to Melee.)

EliteSmashArtist27

Smash Cadet
You guys are thinking about it all wtong. It's not that there are 6-7 more characters left, it's at least 6-7 more characters and going up. Salurai is to smart to overload the game with assist trophies, pokeballs, stages, events, modes and miscellaneous to only include a few characters. It's impossible. I'm pretty sure that we will have so many characters we'll start to see them more than once a week soon enough. In fact, for tomorrow, I predict wolf-link ftw

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe that the character select screen size is final. I doubt Sakurai will put character boxes on the sides of the player huds, too. (He might, but I doubt it.)

I don't care what they did with the Melee demo, this is Brawl. I think they'll resize everything to fit more. 30 characters at best? Yeah, I doubt that too. They've had too much time developing the game to ONLY invent 7-8 new characters. (Look at the huge roster increase from SSB64 to Melee.)
true but look at the clones that we got (i like the clones though)

anyways i predict tomorrow

item/assist trophy

how to play

music (hasn't had one of those in a while)

Boofer

Smash Ace

Quoted for emphasis.

Top Bottom