• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Yay for new turnips? Peach is still better though!
But these turnips walk.

Anywho, for a character that only has a hammer, I'm glad he has a unique set of moves. However I wonder what his B move is. Probably hammer-related.

Pichu the second, anyone? :|
I believe what he means is, you can charge it up, and you can walk around with it once it's charged up (like Shadow Ball and Samus' Charge Shot), but if you use the shield it's canceled. If you charge it up too much, it'll be really powerful, but it will also hurt you.

Pichu was just useless. So I think there's a difference. Lol.

And still no regular B special... and the debate goes on.
I want them to take out Kirby's hammer if possible, because otherwise King Dedede will have a hammer attack (probably for regular B) and then Kirby will have two hammer attacks and I'll go nuts with the hammers lol.

I WANT GAMEPLAY VIDS OF HIM.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Wadle Dees and Doos! And that hammer looks POWERFUL.

Well, nice week, I'd say. Goodnight folks.

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, another dedede update. I bet his B is sucking, something like yoshi does instead of copying abilities.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Pichu the second, anyone? :|
More like Roy the second.

His down B looks pretty strong. Walking (maybe jumping?) while charging is nice... and the version of "mechanized" is way cooler than the spring-loaded thought I had earlier, lol.

Throwing Waddle dees + others is just badass.

The up B looks a tad generic at first, but I wonder what kind of uses Up B cancelling will produce.

And I doubt neutral B is a hammer move. Many of his A moves (smashes) will it involve it. Dedede is shaping up to be a very interesting character.

Anybody got a time travel machine? I don't wanna have to wait for Brawl any longer. :(

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
His neutral B will surely be the vaccuum suck. Basically like Kirby's, except no copying and spits them out a lot further. Now my question is... do you think Kirby will be able to gain abilities from the enemies Dedede throws? I'm thinking yes, since they all impart abilities that aren't currently part of his arsenal

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
The up B looks a tad generic at first, but I wonder what kind of uses Up B cancelling will produce.
I thought so too till I realized he damages people when he lands.

Anybody got a time travel machine? I don't wanna have to wait for Brawl any longer.
Me neither. Interestingly, I think Dedede will be the only heavyweight I ever use. I hated to use Bowser and DK. And their recovery Up+B's sucked.

Dedede's Up+B is rather epic.

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
His neutral B will surely be the vaccuum suck. Basically like Kirby's, except no copying and spits them out a lot further. Now my question is... do you think Kirby will be able to gain abilities from the enemies Dedede throws? I'm thinking yes, since they all impart abilities that aren't currently part of his arsenal
Hm, maybe. But the only thing that makes kirby gain a skill from the thrown items is waddle doo with the plasma beam. Gordo has never been swallowable and Waddle dee is swallowable but doesnt give u anything in the kirby series

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
I thought so too till I realized he damages people when he lands.

Me neither. Interestingly, I think Dedede will be the only heavyweight I ever use. I hated to use Bowser and DK. And their recovery Up+B's sucked.

Dedede's Up+B is rather epic.
Yeah, we've never ever seen someone go up and then down for a recovery move.

... >_>

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm, maybe. But the only thing that makes kirby gain a skill from the thrown items is waddle doo with the plasma beam. Gordo has never been swallowable and Waddle dee is swallowable but doesnt give u anything in the kirby series
Some Waddle Dees have the parasol ability (I realize the ones Dedede is throwing don't have it, but I don't think it would be too much of a stretch for him to get the ability anyway). I forgot that Gordo can't be swallowed. But again, I think it would make sense for Kirby to gain the spiny ability that way. Just an idea :)

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
Yeah, we've never ever seen someone go up and then down for a recovery move.

... >_>
I never said that. But it's better than DK or Bowser's recovery, which, doesn't really help them recover at all.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
I never said that. But it's better than DK or Bowser's recovery, which, doesn't really help them recover at all.
Yes it does, and yes you did imply that it's something extraordinary. They have good horizontal recovery, it just lacks vertical, but it still boosts them up. However, in Ike's and Dedede's case, it goes straight up and down, which is useless if you're not below the grabbing point. At least with some characters you're able to aim which direction you want to head up. Also, you do know what epic means right? It's not like we haven't seen anything like Dedede's Up-B before, and I can hardly see anything impressive, great, or extraordinary about it.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Yes, because one move makes him the equilavent of Pichu.
I meant due to the fact of inflicting damage on itself, not for outright sucking when most people play Pichu. Sorry you interpreted my post as that, but that isn't what I meant.

And yea, I guess it is more like Roy, but same concept.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
It would be like Peach pulling Mr. Saturn out of her... dress... every time. That's his Forward+B. Is it just me or is that kind of projectile spam kinda ownage on a big *** character like Dedede?

burrito

Smash Lord
The next character revealed will almost definitely be Captain Falcon. The question is, how long will we have to wait for it.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I thought the next character would be Falcon after LUCAS! I think I may have thrown the towel in after Dedede and say that Falcon's unlockable yet again.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yeah, Dedede's Down-B looks pretty awesome.

Not so sure I like the part about him being injured by his own attacks. Do we have another Pichu on the horizon?

BTW, has anyone found out if the mercy-FS is able to be turned off yet? I'm kind of eager to find out.

bored

Smash Ace
For mondays update I predict that one item that causes a Catastrophic explosion, i've seen it in a couple of videos, not sure what it's called though

bored

Smash Ace
Yeah that lol, I was right about my King Dedede prediction along with his special moves.

burrito

Smash Lord
I thought the next character would be Falcon after LUCAS! I think I may have thrown the towel in after Dedede and say that Falcon's unlockable yet again.
There still is plenty of time until Brawl comes out to reveal Falcon. They probably wanted to save him so they would have more veterans to reveal later, so don't worry. I really think we will see Falcon next.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I think they're still deciding what to do with him. He's probably really good this time over due to his above-average fastfalling, so they might be balancing some of his moves to even it out.

That's just what I think is going on. Either that or they havn't finished his FS yet or something else along those lines.

Top Bottom