• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Wayfarer

Smash Rookie
I'll be the first to predict tomorrow update correctly....

Crono revealed as a playable character! W00T! :)

{/wishful thinking}

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Pokemon Stadium or Pokemon music...maybe he might show us PT's Final Smash...but I think a stage or some music is likely...

but you will never know with Sakurai...he always dishes out the unexpected...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
It's either going to be music..

..or my grandmother will be revealed as a newcomer.

Seriously, there is no way you can tell. But due to the bombshell that was today I doubt it will be anything mind blowing.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Likelihoods for this week:
* Stage - Pokemon Stadium
* Music - Pokemon Stadium
* Item - New Pokemon (Pokeball)
* Character - PT Special Moves

Sakurai COULD make a week of it, but I doubt that he'll truly go that far. One or two of these updates is at least guaranteed to show up this week, though.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I don't see music tonight, they usually have a week or two between them, don't they? Besides, we've had two character updates this week already (yeah, it was a double update today, but still) so I think we're out of our quota for the week.

I say it's between an Assist Trophy, Stage or How To Play.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Likelihoods for this week:
* Stage - Pokemon Stadium
* Music - Pokemon Stadium
* Item - New Pokemon (Pokeball)
* Character - PT Special Moves

Sakurai COULD make a week of it, but I doubt that he'll truly go that far. One or two of these updates is at least guaranteed to show up this week, though.
it's been a trend lately. i mean we got ike then the fire emblem stage. we got kid icarus music and pit's final smash. i think you're right. i think at least a stage and quite possibly a pokeball will appear this week.

but my money's on a stage update, the pokemon stadium, cause it's been a while since we've had a stage

Star105

Smash Journeyman
im going to say.................... either a stage or a item.

Possibly a song but i doubt it

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
I think we need more time before we get another music update.
We got two items last week, so I think that's out. Pokeball Pokemon or Assist Trophies are still probable tho.
A stage is very probable. Most likely Pokemon Stadium.
How To Play is believe it or not, probable (goddammit).
A Game Mode update regarding adventure mode is also pretty probable IMO, though this is very debatable.
And since we got no character last week, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a veteran like Peach or C Falcon.

So taking all of this into mind, here are my predictions for this week:

Assist Trophy
Pokemon Stadium
Veteran
Game Mode OR How To Play

Hurray.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I don't know, Sakurai always does the unexpected of the unexpected. A Stage could happen, music, special moves, item, how to play. Even when I think I'm right, I'm two steps backward. I think Sakurai and his team, stalk this site, and base their decisions of what everyone suspects.

I see another new character tomorrow, because it wouldn't be expected.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea Sakurai is the god of mindgames...so you really cant predict what he'll do very well...

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Last time there was a Character Update on a Monday (Fox) the following Friday was another Character Update (Samus). So that, along with the fact that there was no character update last week, could mean this week is a DOUBLE CHARACTER WEEK!

I'm probably very wrong, though.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
Last time there was a Character Update on a Monday (Fox) the following Friday was another Character Update (Samus). So that, along with the fact that there was no character update last week, could mean this week is a DOUBLE CHARACTER WEEK!

I'm probably very wrong, though.
or you could be very right...knowing that sakurai likes to pull big ones on us....lol

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
The Ice Climbers are gonna get their character profile tomorrow, just so Sakurai can throw us all off.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm really feeling a second Pokemon update. Whether it's more Special Moves, a Final Smash or the Pokemon Stadium stage (this seems the most probable), I just have a good feeling.

Of course Sakurai will come up with the most unrelated update ever just to prove me wrong as he always does.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I said in another thread that I could see Pokemon Stadium updated tonight,and I still wouldn't be surprised to see it still.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I don't know, Sakurai always does the unexpected of the unexpected. A Stage could happen, music, special moves, item, how to play. Even when I think I'm right, I'm two steps backward. I think Sakurai and his team, stalk this site, and base their decisions of what everyone suspects.

I see another new character tomorrow, because it wouldn't be expected.
I still don't see Pokemon Stadium, that is too obvious, and Sakurai will do the unexpected.:mad:

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I still don't see Pokemon Stadium, that is too obvious, and Sakurai will do the unexpected.:mad:
But the thing about Sakarai is... he's does the expected when your expected the unexpected!:mad::psycho:

Lol, think of it this way:
You have a 50/50 chance of getting something right, but you always get it wrong. Does that mean that you should go for the answer you think is wrong? If you are truely unluckly, then you would never get it right, whether you thought it was wrong or not.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I am totally ****ing speachless about wtf I predict...I've joked about Ash being playable for well...6 and a half years! Then somehow they made it cooler than I ever could have hoped...wow

I will say a few things un-related to un-expectedness though.

1. Ness is my thought as next char to be updated. Then IC's
2. Pokemon stages and things are probabl...wtf? I don't know anymore?
3. Uh.....?

Ness FTW sometime in the future OH GUD!!
- rests head in hands -
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE!!!
WHAN! :cry:

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Tomorrow's update will probably be lame just, because this was the first real newcomer that isn't replacing a veteran. Come on...Ike wasn't THAT exciting, because he was basically Marth with slightly altered moves.

Talendime

Smash Ace
There hasn't been an Assist Trophy update in a while..And I imagine there are many to be put up there...

Top Bottom