• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
O_O

That is all I've got to say to this update, wow... just wow. XD

Weed

Smash Lord
*Speechless*
Gotta be F*n kidding me

..........LIKE WHAT THE **** MAN?!

(why isn't he named Red?)
WTF

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ok... I'm sorry... I screamed SO MUCH when I saw this... I feel so embarrassed now... I told my friends that this would NEVER happened... I thought it was a stupid idea for brawl, but I loved the idea... *scrubs dirt from my face*

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ok thats it, Krystal, Ridley, Sonic, Geno confirmed.

It doesn't get any lower than that, if he got in, everyone thats on the top is getting in..

Weed

Smash Lord
does anybody else think that this character is gonna suck big time?

i mean, from reading the update below the newcomer

Shuma

Smash Hero

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

That was my reaction.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
What a horrible, horrible idea. This completely breaks the boundaries of Brawl, and in this case, it's not a good change. Honestly, how is this going to even work? The Pokemon Trainer watches from the side, and you control the Pokemon?

My question is, how do you start the battle? Do you start as the trainer, and run around until you want to summon a Pokemon? How utterly useless. We can ALREADY summon Pokemon out of Pokeballs! We don't need a character to do the same exact thing! (What they SHOULD have done was give you the ability to control Pokemon that came out of the Pokeballs.)

Salaad

Smash Ace
What a horrible, horrible idea. This completely breaks the boundaries of Brawl, and in this case, it's not a good change. Honestly, how is this going to even work? The Pokemon Trainer watches from the side, and you control the Pokemon?

My question is, how do you start the battle? Do you start as the trainer, and run around until you want to summon a Pokemon? How utterly useless. We can ALREADY summon Pokemon out of Pokeballs! We don't need a character to do the same exact thing! (What they SHOULD have done was give you the ability to control Pokemon that came out of the Pokeballs.)

Yes, but now those 3 pokemon have a FULL moveset, not just one attack. It's the most ahsomest idea EVER. <3 Sakurai.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
If someone told me this yesterday that this was gonna happen I would probably have bet my life savings against it.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
we wont know if it will be bad or good till we see it in action. its a very unique idea and it could hold sum possibilities. and with a character like this in the game who knows who or what esle will be in the game, i think this update officially messed up peoples heads,

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
This idea is almost as bad as the Jump to Conclusions mat from Office Space (if you haven't seen the movie, then ignore my comment.)

This is not a good idea. This is turning into a Pokemon fighting game (and we already have that, it's Pokemon Stadium.) The Pokemon already take up a huge portion of the game, and we already have Pikachu as a fighter, and we can almost guarantee the return of Jigglypuff. Adding this feature is just too much. If they were going to add this trainer, then they should have at least gave it some personality. The way it stands now, it's just an unoriginal idea and lacks depth.

You might as well turn those three Pokemon into playable characters then, because the trainer is utterly useless by himself (and I'm not being serious. This is bad enough.)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I'd open up a thread apologizing to the "Ash" fans, but I don't wanna infraction. lol.

So I apologize to the Ash fans who wanted him in. You win. Most of us lose. lol.

Weed

Smash Lord
when i first saw it i thought ash was gonna be out there roundhouse kicking people and such...
then I was like aww...

meh

bluethree

Smash Journeyman

You obviously start as one of the three Pokemon (hopefully you can choose which one) and switch to the next by pressing down B.

I don't see why it's such a bad idea.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Why are people so nit picky about characters in Brawl? It's not like it's gonna affect you. If you don't play as that character, ignore it. It's a game that everyone plays, not just you.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I'm not done ranting.

Not only is it a bad idea, but it's extremely unbalanced. You have three characters for the price of one, in which all of them have different strengths. I'm sure Charizard or whatever is a powerhouse, and that turtle is probably fast. When you choose a character, you choose a character and get strengths and weaknesses. This way, you're giving a person the advantage by having so many different strengths at your disposal.

I just don't think it's a balanced character. (And you're right, I'm never using this character, and this character will never see the light of day in my fights.)

SlayerOfMe

Smash Ace
I'm not done ranting.

Not only is it a bad idea, but it's extremely unbalanced. You have three characters for the price of one, in which all of them have different strengths. I'm sure Charizard or whatever is a powerhouse, and that turtle is probably fast. When you choose a character, you choose a character and gets strengths and weaknesses. This way, you're giving a person the advantage by having so many different strengths at your disposal.

I just don't think it's a balanced character.
They all share the same damage meter, so they don’t recover from damage during Pokémon Change. But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it’s not so good for the Pokémon.

If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you’ll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs.

Top Bottom