• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Sir James

The Doctor
We won't get MegaMan tonight because that would completely ruin Capcom's countdown. But then again, what if there was more than one bombshell? Maybe Mega-Man will be announced tonight and then Capcom has a "bigger announcement" and then will probabaly restate the update: "blah blah big announcment...oh, and if you haven't heard already, Mega-Man is in Brawl!".

We'll have to wait and see. Tomorrow and Thursday are going to be quite awesome!

D

Deleted member

Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno, Geno Geno. Geno Geno! Geno Geno Geno. Geno? Geno Geno Geno Geno! Ge-no! Geno... Geno Geno Geno; Geno Geno GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

estion11

Smash Apprentice
my prediction for the capcom update is something even greater than megaman in brawl could it be a new capcom vs x, or even better a capcom vs x vs y trifecta of awesomeness. As for the dojo post .... meh probably an item or assist trophy that we already know of.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm predicting a character... Not the character that I want, as they won't be making it.:(

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I'm predicting a new character, mode, item, assist trophy, pokeball, stage, subspace, how to play, or special moves update so that I won't be wrong tonight.

Watch I be wrong.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Zomgomgomgomg

OMGOMG ciaincfubcwacawOMGOMG

IT'S MEOWTH!
...Oh, and a Wii update.
Free beer for all.

...now I'm the spammer.;)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
He is a Pokeball...

That is what I don't understand. He's in 64, not Melee...then in Brawl again as a Pokeball again. Is this a future trend for what Brawl will entail?

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai asked in the Japanese update how to say "Koban" (Gold Coin) in other languages...what is he trying to create? A multicultural Brawl experience? Hmmm?

*Meowth's attack is a pun on a Japanese proverb "Gold coins before a cat" = "Pearls before a swine"

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Rats... Meowth is not playable. I'm not a Pokemon fan at all, but if one more Pokemon character was going to be playable, I was hoping for Meowth.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Good luck to everyone going to E for All and having to use the Wiimote conrtols.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
:(
It was a pipe dream, but dammit, it was a GOOD pipe dream. Curse you Sakurai, for crushing my happiest dreams.
This does mean Lucario's chances are greatly boosted.
At least I still have Captain Olimar and Paper Mario. :)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
You know, this isn't too bad of an update. Neither are anything huge, but we got two updates, both in categories that we were vastly overdue in. And we didn't have to waste two days!

Meowth isn't too eventful. I wasn't hoping to see him as a PC, but I thought him and Team Rocket would've been a good Subspace arch. Planting subspace bombs seems like a good Team Rocket scheme, and it would've been great to hear Meowth "I'm blasting off again!" upon a star KO.

Wiimote contols look freaking brutal. But it'll probably be a useful update for those that are attending E for All shortly.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Explain how Lucario's chances are boosted. If anything, it's lowered since they mentioned Meowth's and Deoxys's popularity when they ended up being in Pokeballs -_-'.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Lucario had the best chances by far since its debut in Pkmn D/P and the anime/movie.

Meowth had a good chance immediately following Melee, and Deoxys had surpassed Meowth and was given a great chance since its debut in Pokemon R/S, but now Deoxys have been surpassed by the newer, cooler, fighting/steel Pokemon with kickass aura/sphere abilities and the brains enough to talk.

EDIT:
The Stipulations for being a Pokemon Rep in Smash:
A) Be adorable.
B) Be really cool looking.
C) Have the brain capacity to form words.
D) Both B + C

Top Bottom