• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ah, yes... The Franklin Badge... yet another item where I have no idea what it was previously used for...

Until now. In Earthbound, it was used to reflect Lightning attacks by an enemy named Mr. Carpainter.

The More You Know.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
haha signs of earthbound maybe theyll be more earthbound characters other than just ness maybe even Poo now that would be awesome:psycho:

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I think we got no character update this week because we got Ike last week,so maybe we're not getting a veteran until next week. At this point Peach,Captain Falcon,and Ness are all looking likely.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that this week's updates sucked. Two items, Music, Special moves and a final smash. As long as I get one character profile a week I am happy. But I didn't get that. >:O So I am pissed. Oh well, this hints that we will get either Ness or Lucas next week.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that this week's updates sucked. Two items, Music, Special moves and a final smash. As long as I get one character profile a week I am happy. But I didn't get that. >:O So I am pissed. Oh well, this hints that we will get either Ness or Lucas next week.
Get over it; they can't all be phenomenal weeks. Just take your satiety in that you got some cool screens. (I personally thought the Kirby one today was hilarious.)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Get over it; they can't all be phenomenal weeks. Just take your satiety in that you got some cool screens. (I personally thought the Kirby one today was hilarious.)
True, but that doesn't mean that we can't ***** about it.

This week as an whole blows phenomenally.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I don't know, Sakurai will do the unexpected, and he expects us to think a character update, but I don't think there will be. He has given us special moves of Ike and Pit this week, and that may replace the character update.
Sakurai will push the character update to Thursday, because everyone will suspect a character update on Monday, through the week people will lose faith in a character update, and bam, we will have an unexpected character. :grin:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
True, but that doesn't mean that we can't ***** about it.

This week as an whole blows phenomenally.
>_<

It does not "blow phenomenally". Be careful what you say; next week could be a week of "You must recover!" Then you'll be begging for weeks like this...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Well, it sounds as though my internet will be down for quite some time at worst. This just means that I'm stuck with the public library internet (which I am utilizing at this moment) and the free wi-fi at the local coffeehouse (which I intended to visit tonight anyhow). At least I didn't miss out on Peach's update, though! Hahah kind of a convenient disappointment.

The only thing that I cared about in today's update is the fact that we saw ZSS's lasergun being used.

ZSS Special Moves for Monday, am I right?
Actually, that's old news, really. Remember the update "Fox: Special Moves"? Fox's Reflector was demonstrated reflecting ZSS's laser gun all the way back then. It is more explicitly noted this time around, though, so it's always a possibility for next week.

I think we got no character update this week because we got Ike last week,so maybe we're not getting a veteran until next week. At this point Peach,Captain Falcon,and Ness are all looking likely.
Lest we forget that Sakurai far prefers Lucas to Ness. He has stated himself that, had MOTHER 3 been released prior to the launch of either SSB or SSBM, Lucas would have replaced Ness. It's nice to finally see something related to the EB series, though. Interesting note: Peach has actually been seen in a video. Neither head nor tail has been seen of CF or Ness, on the other hand, save one item each and their respective series' icons.

All three are logical choices, and we might get more than one next week--if we're lucky. Seeing something EB-related opens up the possibility of hearing the MOTHER 3 music that Sakurai said would be in Brawl.

It's possible for next week, but this week shows that we can never quite tell what Sakurai is planning. Peach was confirmed in the video last week, which seemingly confirmed that her character update would come this week; unfortunately for Peach fans--myself included--this hope did not come to fruition.

(Really, though, it wasn't such a bum week. Sure, I didn't care much for either of the items, but I LOVED both the music and FS. Ike's Special Moves were okay, but Pit >>> Ike in my book. :grin: )

+10 points for the word "satiety". ;)

Specs

Smash Cadet
Aeris, I feel your pain...my net went out as well. As for an update, it's been a while since we've had a dud update, I'm guessing Monday holds a gameplay mechanic. Second guess goes for new stage.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
it sure was a boring week of updates, hopefully next week we'll actually get some useful info like Peach, Ridley, Cap'n Falcon and some more game modes and stages or perhaps maybe more on "this world" update

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Come ON,you guys! Whenever we get a really super good update week the next week is always kind of lame. It will hopefully pick back up next week.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Come ON,you guys! Whenever we get a really super good update week the next week is always kind of lame. It will hopefully pick back up next week.
Exactly.
What did you expect? I mean, if Sakurai gave us 4 amazing weeks in a row, then a "bad" one on week 5, everyone would be:
"OMG I HATE HIM!!! GRRRR!!!!One!!"

Guys, get over it. This week could never match last week.
And why should it? Last week was SPECIAL.
Wait a few weeks guys...give it all time. ;)

M I RITE? >_>

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
Exactly.
What did you expect? I mean, if Sakurai gave us 4 amazing weeks in a row, then a "bad" one on week 5, everyone would be:
"OMG I HATE HIM!!! GRRRR!!!!One!!"

Guys, get over it. This week could never match last week.
And why should it? Last week was SPECIAL.
Wait a few weeks guys...give it all time. ;)

M I RITE? >_>
QFT. hell yes. fo sho. and btw, BLACKADDER WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN MAN? lol you haven't been around in forever, i know someone said you had some problems with ur comp or whatever, but you were gone for like weeks man. lol but good to have you back.

Blackadder

Smash Master
QFT. hell yes. fo sho. and btw, BLACKADDER WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN MAN? lol you haven't been around in forever, i know someone said you had some problems with ur comp or whatever, but you were gone for like weeks man. lol but good to have you back.
Hee, you I had major net troubles. Pain in the arse, seriously.
And what's more, I leave for ONE week,and you have a thousand plus post count! You're worse than me!
But thanks for the warm welcome back!

Also, next week will be another "Bad" week, so hang tight people.

Blackadder

Smash Master
i don't think so. i mean, news from coro coro of a japanese release date AND brawl being online, and with the new famitsu screens, there's gotta be some big info coming up
Woah, slow down!
When was this all shown?!
Darn, I must a hell of a week!

When is the japanese date?
What the hell is famitsu?
Brawl online FTW!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Week was awesome. Franklin Badge. Best item yet. Plus Kid Icarus music (which PWNs). I loved ity. You don'y need characters and story to make a good update. These are the little things in the game., they are a bigger past then anything else.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Week was awesome. Franklin Badge. Best item yet. Plus Kid Icarus music (which PWNs). I loved ity. You don'y need characters and story to make a good update. These are the little things in the game., they are a bigger past then anything else.
Good to see someone else who can appreciate the Kid Icarus music! :grin: Skyworld Music + Pit's FS = redemption for no Peach.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Good to see someone else who can appreciate the Kid Icarus music! :grin: Skyworld Music + Pit's FS = redemption for no Peach.
The music sucked.
I dislike all the Brawl music really...it's just not catchy, and it tries to hard to be epic and dramatic. It just isn't that easy to get into for me. :(

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
I kinda thought Pit's music lacked the creativity the others had. It was just the underworld theme, the grim reaper song, and the game over music strung together and redone.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
The music sucked.
I dislike all the Brawl music really...it's just not catchy, and it tries to hard to be epic and dramatic. It just isn't that easy to get into for me. :(
I get that exact same feeling too.. Well, hopefully, when we all get Brawl, we'll get used to the music and some day start humming it non-stop. At least, that's what Melee's music did to me.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I get that exact same feeling too.. Well, hopefully, when we all get Brawl, we'll get used to the music and some day start humming it non-stop. At least, that's what Melee's music did to me.
We have much in common...sole mate. :chuckle:

But seriously, I hope you are right.
A friend of mine dislikes the tunes, and he wonders if it's just the
TEST music. Just what there tinkering with.
I hope he is right, as I just think it's all a little cheesy.
...not that Brawl isn't cheesy anyways. :p

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, hey... the only one I truly hate is Kid Icarus's music. And it isn't the whole some... it's just the end of the grim reaper's part when it sounds like banging trash cans.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman

the music isnt al that important i think it sounds just fine, and we;ll get used to it for sure after playin for days non stop it wil get engraved in are brains and itll all be good... i think haha

Top Bottom