• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ninja Spike Thread (Last Update: 11/12/09) Potential PS1 Tech Discoved.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
All right, I just finished making the DS video. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg4IDel7nqk

It shows Kirby using the DS on every character in the game. I should have the NS video up sometime next week, and then a video talking about Lucario and Zero Suit Samus in relation to the tip of the edge and standing away from it.

After that, I'll make a tutorial video of the timing for the DS and NS (and the 'failed' timing, too!).

...And those diagrams and written tutorials'll come with the video so I can reference it. XD

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
I've just started using kirby so this might be old news to you guys..:

My friend started getting pissed off with kirbiciding and stage spikes and decided to take me to shadow moses, where I discovered something interesting.

It's similar to the stage spike (although not quite as useful) - back to the wall, use an up throw. Instead of the usual collision with the ground, you will collide with the top of the wall, at which point they will receive the launch from the hit. It seems to work on the same characters as the stage spike (zamus, lucario, etcetc), and can kill zamus at around 50% (haven't properly tested anyone else). It's not as auto-kill as stage spike, but still pretty **** cool when you pull it off.

(I can't make a vid from here but it's easy to do in training)
I believe this stage is almost always banned, but there must be other areas which give the same effect..

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, it's old news, and works on everyone. The reason it works is because Kirby moves backwards a tiny bit while Uthrowing (MK moves forward, which is why he can't.)
Shadow Moses is banned everywhere though.

You can do something similar on cruise though when you Uthrow after the ship crashes or right when you go back down to the ship however.

Top Bottom