• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I would rank 10 of 15 because whoever got ranked would be able to say hey I'm 9th in my state right now and would want to try and climb that ladder

And if our pool is so small why not just make a ranking for everyone in the state and just feature the top however many we do for pr so others can look at it

:phone:

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
Technically, we don't know how many people will attend the next school is in session so we can't get a true average yet. Proly won't make a difference though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I suddenly have a great idea.

Rank as many people as you can clearly rank without having ties.
Then put everyone who regularly places somewhere decent in HMs.

Roller

Smash Legend
Guys, look at KY's PR. They have like their whole state on it, and my grandmother is better than half of them. One of their HM players has only had like one win against a human opponent in the past 4 months. Using the same skill standards every name that has been mentioned in this thread including Moose and Juggleguy should be on our PR.

Roller

Smash Legend
That'd be a laugh. Gio and I could beat them single handed. Gio for Mr. Eric, then I sweep up the rest.

No need to waste the rest of MI's time watching a bloodbath when they could be drinking...

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
That'd be a laugh. Gio and I could beat them single handed. Gio for Mr. Eric, then I sweep up the rest.

No need to waste the rest of MI's time watching a bloodbath when they could be drinking...
Words are only the voice of your imagination. Go the IN/KY thread and throw down the gauntlet, or do it in the SIIS thread. I really wanna see this go down.

Idk much about the KY scene, but both Judo and Kero are better players than the both of you. MI vs KY crews would suck because besides Lain none of our good players travel lmao.
Awww, you saw through my trap card.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, this game isn't dumb. :mad:

But I agree that he's doing better things.

fZk

Smash Lord
I hate this **** of hating on your own state. And I agree with WTP that the only noticeable skill gap is between Lain and the rest, the other tier of SK, L, Boxy etc. is close to the rest even though they're better players. Last time I played Boxy (TC's smash cafe) and SK (BAMF2) the sets went to game 3, last stock last hit. L ****ing owns me so I'm not going to say anything about him.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
See, if people are using "our state sucks" as an excuse, then yeah, it's a problem; but I'd rather admit that I'm bad and use that as motivation to improve, than think that I'm anywhere near an acceptable level and get complacent.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'd had some good moments, and close sets with great players and I'd rather use that to give me confidence and inspiration to actually seal the deal next time and get better rather than just say "Oh I'm bad, I need to get better". You don't need to lie to yourself to play better. You just have to be realistic with your goals and have some drive. I think the whole "we're bad" thing is lame. It might work for some people I guess. To each his own.

Plus I feel like some people just use the whole "we're bad" as an excuse or a security blanket. It's whatever though. I never would have grown so much with an attitude like that. I get down on myself when I lose some matches definitely but its just me blowing steam. I have 100% confidence in my abilities as a player. I might be able to handle someone like Shugo yet, but all in due time baby.

lain

Smash Master
Okay:

What if we run an MK banned tournament that will not count towards the PR....AND

We take Ankoku's idea and put all 8 or so debated players into a giant pool and have them battle it out for those spots. Like honestly:

WTP, Tutu, Bowyer, Tech_Chase, PzO, Gio, Oblivion, and fZk are all super close in sets and wins and losses. This would kind of solve everything.

Unorthodox? Yes. Hype worthy? **** yes.

:phone:
i 100% condone this idea

BUT NIGGS GOTTA TRY YA HEARD?

Top Bottom