• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

What's The Point

Smash Master
I threw together a score tally for potential PR people since the season is essentially over if Tech does an MK banned tourney. Unless some one randomly goes OoS. Though all OoS tourneys nearby that I know of are also MK banned.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I think we have seen enough were we can do a Top 5 with 4-5 HM's

Also we need a theme, I wanna start getting images for what ever theme we agree on.

my 3 votes for themes are
- Harry Potter Characters
- Classic Disney Characters
- Anime Characters (Those selected for PR/HM select who their favorite anime character is and we use that character)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
4 or 5 HMs? I don't know if I can advocate that.

Like we have....3 stand-alone solid players for a PR and then like 6 or so solid players that all beat each other....rofl. If we do end up doing a PR its going to be crazy.

I still have not decided whether my tournament is MK banned or not but if it is it will not count towards the PR to be fair.

Tutu and Ori go to the PR group.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Lets make a PR then who gives a **** if its crazy lol.

Honestly there has been a **** ton of improvement in this state just this season and why should we belittle all the accomplishments of those players?

If we keep doing a small rankings list, even with very little change (aka Azure_Kenny), where is the improvement that the other states look at? Other states are going to look at our rankings and think; wow, no one but Kenny is getting better.

We keep telling ourselves that our state's scene isn't dead and is growing, but if we continue to keep the PR and HM to a minimum that just doesn't show growth and improvement it just looks like the same damn thing. There are new and old players taking the reins and starting to break into the top 5/7 and we should give them what they deserve for all the work they have done.

ZTD | TECHnology

Also:

We need are going to need a new 5th panelist. L_Cancel is far too inactive right now and until he starts attending (local) tournaments, we can't use his opinion. And thus applications are being accepted for a new panelist.

You need to be active (enough to be considered for the PR) as well as knowledgeable about the players in the MI scene as a whole.

You also need responsible and a positive role model of our scene whether its as a player, a TO or both. If you are interested let me know. I might send out a questionnaire or something to those who are.

fZk

Smash Lord
I think Tech's tourney should count towards the pr Mk banned or not. Let's say I feel like ****** that day and beat Lain's ICs or Sparta's Snake then those wins shouldn't count just because somebody that barely made it out of brackets couldn't use MK?

Count it, but of course, be smart about it and consider individual sets and weight them appropriately.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I have no real issue with an MK banned tourney counting as long as any wins against MK main/secondary players don't count towards the winner, and any losses an MK main/secondary gets don't count against them.

But that leaves like 5 people who can have sets that count.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just do a single HM and have everyone battle for it king-of-the-hill style.

ZTD | TECHnology

Okay:

What if we run an MK banned tournament that will not count towards the PR....AND

We take Ankoku's idea and put all 8 or so debated players into a giant pool and have them battle it out for those spots. Like honestly:

WTP, Tutu, Bowyer, Tech_Chase, PzO, Gio, Oblivion, and fZk are all super close in sets and wins and losses. This would kind of solve everything.

Unorthodox? Yes. Hype worthy? **** yes.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Hot_ArmS this tournament was going to be the tie breaker either way. The only person who is expected to not show is Oblivion because of SK being gone right now and the distance. Every other person should be able to attend. If they cant attend then we still have other results to look at but this tie breaker would help. It might not be their fault but its also not our fault either. I cant wait for 8 different people to be at the same tournament...

:phone:

Top Bottom