• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
You should probably hold off on the MK banned tourney until after this season is over. But it you don't, the pool thing for HM sounds interesting... lol

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Okay:

What if we run an MK banned tournament that will not count towards the PR....AND

We take Ankoku's idea and put all 8 or so debated players into a giant pool and have them battle it out for those spots. Like honestly:

WTP, Tutu, Bowyer, Tech_Chase, PzO, Gio, Oblivion, and fZk are all super close in sets and wins and losses. This would kind of solve everything.

Unorthodox? Yes. Hype worthy? **** yes.

:phone:
These are the people considered for pr besides lain sk and azure... I vote for a 5 person pr with no hms

And in order to get in they all have to MM me :gw:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Stop arguing about how many should be in the PR and instead work to improve and secure a spot in there yourself. Otherwise, you might as well just have a listing of every regular tournament attendant in Michigan and their overall record.

Okay:

What if we run an MK banned tournament that will not count towards the PR....AND

We take Ankoku's idea and put all 8 or so debated players into a giant pool and have them battle it out for those spots. Like honestly:

WTP, Tutu, Bowyer, Tech_Chase, PzO, Gio, Oblivion, and fZk are all super close in sets and wins and losses. This would kind of solve everything.

Unorthodox? Yes. Hype worthy? **** yes.

Did Pzo, Bowyer, and Oblivion enter two tournaments this season? I'm down for a mega pool, just because it sounds silly.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
PzO and Oblivion entered 2 tournaments while Bowyer has 3. Everyone else has been accounted for as well. The only people who entered all 5 in this group was Me and WTP.

And yeeeeaaahhh death pool!

fZk

Smash Lord
Although it sounds hype as hell I don't really agree with it as a measure for determining pr list positions as those should solely be determined by tournament performance. Then again I know this season has had some loopy results with everybody losing to everybody and no consistency in placements for positions 4-9, so this may be the only way to get a clear picture. I don't envy the panelists for this season of the pr as they will have to sort through a lot to get results and even then I fear not everybody will come away happy.

ZTD | TECHnology

I doubt we're going to satisfy everyone here with these next results. Its so crazy right now. And I see your point though. I still have a little bit before I need to make a concrete decision about my tourney and whatnot.

Or:

Let's throw some money in the giant pool idea to make it legit ;)

DRDN

Smash Master
Stop arguing about how many should be in the PR and instead work to improve and secure a spot in there yourself. Otherwise, you might as well just have a listing of every regular tournament attendant in Michigan and their overall record.
Why do you think I want to MM everyone on the list isn't it $5 that makes it count for pr?

Also just noticed my picture hasn't changed on here :(

But when I go to my name it is...

fZk

Smash Lord
I, personally, have never agreed with HM as an extension of the PR list. I always liked the idea of leaving HM for stuff like 'most improved player of the season' or other notable achievements during the season (can't think of particulars right now). Though I prefer to err on the conservative side an not go with a large list, I do believe that since a lot of players have stepped up their game this season the PR list should be extended to 6 or 7 players. Though this is a good chunk of our total smash community, I don't think that players that do attend tournaments and do well enough in them to be considered for ranking should be punished by not being included just because other people do not show up to tourneys and keep our numbers down.

ZTD | TECHnology

Well honestly, I have always liked having the idea of having an actual PR and not like a bunch of HMs. Its like we're attempting to reach some unrealistically high standard as a state that we don't have right now because of the lack of participants.

A lot of people have stepped up and proved themselves to be capable of high level play. I stepped up, fZk stepped up, PzO definitely stepped up, and there were many other solid players to begin with. But hell Rabbi and Jon are stepping, LOE1 stepped up big time! And there's plenty of others. I mean I know some of us want things to go back to the way they were 1st season but thats not happening right now. I'd like to see a Top 8 (maybe) or so with like 1 or 2 HMs or even none. I'm just tired of the mentality that only 3 of us should be ranked. I don't want more HMs than PR ranked people. Gio is ranked and he's a good player but there are SEVERAL other people AT his level here. We need to have more confidence in our state and not worry about if we "look" free because we aren't. SK, Mikey, Kenny and even Ragequaza could compete with some of the bigger regional threats. Tutu, Bowyer, WTP, myself, fZk, Oblivion, PzO and Gio (if ever learns more than 3 MUs lmao) could all "upset" people out of state and some of us have. We're solid imo. People always underestimate MI and we'll just continue to **** them for it :yeahboi:

ZTD | TECHnology

But bro you're the 2nd best Sheik and Sheik/Zelda in the Midwest and the 5th ranked Sheik in the country. :yeahboi:

And when I say that, I mean we could compete with the other MW states, PRed players. Probably not like Shugo, Kel, Y.b.M level but you know.

i think i've gotten better since the last PR but less patient. or less focused or something.

and also **** learning other matchups i wish tournaments were MK only :woman:

What's The Point

Smash Master
I know some of you people want to get better. I also happen to be living in a pretty nice house right now and am often bored. So who wants some smashfests aimed at getting better? Not just smashing, but playing then giving advice then a second math to use said advice or else we smack that person in the face. Practicing certain techniques and match ups and such. Also popcorn. But no booze, cause that's counter productive. Unless it's been a good day.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I suppose I should explain the reasoning behind my proposal...

I suggested 1 HM with everyone battling for it because it'd encourage competition among the "not-quite-theres"... Whether you chose to keep running a side tournament of "everyone eligible for that HM spot enters this 8-man pool to fight for it" or not would be up to you, but at the very least it'd make the HM label mean something other than "here's a bunch of names we want up there but probably aren't actually worth ranking." Theoretically, it'd make players improve enough to eventually fight their way into an actual PR placement.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Son of a ***** this was the wrong thread. I wanted MI thread.

But **** teaching LoL. Mostly because there is no good way to do it since they have no editing mode or anything. Only full matches.

I can teach you everything there is to know about akali.

Jungle akali, Mid lane akali, top lane akali v2, top lane akali v1, bot lane akali w/o support, and bot lane akali with support.

For all your akali needs be sure to stop at Akali Central 22

ZTD | TECHnology

Kevin, I like your idea.

Frankly, its people like us that the present leaders of MI Smash. There are many newer/less experienced faces that havent traveled or been to half as many tournaments as you, myself, Tutu and others.I mean our generation is also really hard on itself and pretty cynical but we're considered good by the others even though we dont think so half the time lmao. Point is, we should be doing that more and critiquing and and giving out specific advice. There are plenty of people with a legitimate hunger to get better at this game and prove themselves. We may not be as good as Lain, Judge, Anther etc when they were the leaders but we're good players imo. We can help other players here a lot! :D Lain is one of the few people I see trying to give specific advice to everyone. He's not the only one by any means but there's a few of us with that experience that other Smashers would give anything for. Let's start spreading it lol.

If anyone wants like in depth critique at GS2 next weekend I'll help them out. I think my knowledge of a lot of characters could benefit a lot of people at least.

DRDN

Smash Master
Maybe instead of hms we should list up and comers because people like LOE1 are coming a long way but aren't quite at HM level yet and just keep a steady top whatever

Up and comers is easier to tell also if someone was doing good and now is placing lower he can't make the list but if someones getting wins on people ranked higher then them they can make the list

ZTD | TECHnology

Or:

We can all put aside our differences and rivalries, and get drunk as **** together.

This would temporariily solve everything because no one would care about a PR at that point.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just decide the singular HM with a big pool of everyone who came, and let people challenge for it in a bo5 MM in the future, one challenge per person per tournament. Like I said, king of the hill.

ZTD | TECHnology

I do not like the idea of having a single HM. And then how many PR people? I don't overly conservative concepts nor do I like extremely liberal ones (lolpolitics). Nor do I like the idea of a potentially changing PR spot for an entire season. They need to be set in stone.

DRDN

Smash Master
I think from now on we should have a set number of PR most people use 10 which makes sense and I think we had 10 people considered don't we?

Its supposed to show our top players who are active not the ones who can go to nationals. Every time the seasons up we have to debate about a total so I think we need to standardize ourselves to avoid this problem and just remember the point of the list. To rank our players skills and get people interested in improving so they can make it on or higher on the list

ZTD | TECHnology

I don't agree.

If our average player pool is say...15 for example you would rank 10 of those people?

The reason we debate how many should be PRed is because of the fluctuating average player pool in our tournaments. It was at its highest Season 1 and at its lowest Season 2. I do think we're a bit strict but we can't really afford to have a standardized number when our player pool is constantly changing. If we had a large pool like 2009 then I'd agree but thats not the case here.

Top Bottom