• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
kk lain ty for letting me know I'm starting to finish the image right now. Shoutouts to 11 hours of sleep :)

:phone:

What's The Point

Smash Master
Bowyer got outplaced by everyone else regularly. Bowyer did bad at GSS, decent at DE, then good at TCSC4. However, his only real claim to fame was beating Gio, which only matters because Gio did pretty well this season. Gio's main blemish this season was losing to Bowyer twice. Plus he's only been to two in state tournaments and one OoS, so he doesn't have many results to go off. His only good result is the most recent one which isn't really that good due to the tournaments attendants.

Edit - Basically, he did better then the HMs once, but did worse twice.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
i really don't like the idea basing it off of placing. straight up who beat who is a much better idea.

Bowyer lost to Infern/quivo, dla/duck, and judge while having the notable wins of gio (and i guess you could say) tc. only issue i see would be the loss to duck, but even then i dont see it as a big deal.

where as you, wtp, lost to kel/br, sk/sergio, kappy/tutu, wuvz and (not sure about who else at bamf 1). you beat kassandra, bye, bigdaddy, and im not sure who you beat at bamf1. i dont see any notable wins there, with some losses that make me scratch my head.

bowyer's wins are better than yours, and his losses are to better players. just because he faced them really early in bracket. he had to play some really strong players right off the start.

TC beat moose while losing to kb/links24, beat abe/ori bro/xatic while losing to gio/coco, lost to sk/tutu while beating ori bro/akashi, no idea on bamf (mofo didnt post a bracket), lost to bowyer/gio while beating ss, john and drdn. beat oblivion while losing to tutu and roller. i actually don't have a huge issue with this, but what notable wins are there? i dont see any that warrant being over bowyer, especially since he lost to him. not to mention how tc's bracket looks a lot easier than bowyers ever did, so i dont think "out placing" is justified when he had an easier time.

no problem with tutu at all. i just think bowyer should be on hm somewhere

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Just gonna speak for myself: My notable win was over Akashi who was/is #5 in IL. As far as everything else my worst loss is Roller which isn't bad (he's not a random or anything..could potentially be an HM if he didn't have to move back to NJ :( ) No one else in HMs really has any notable wins. Gio could be argued for Bowyer though. I'm up there because I've entered every tournament this season (7) and still place solidly across the board while not having any bad losses in bracket. Made money in singles also.

Oh and since Bamf's bracket wasn't posted. I beat Gifts but lost to SK and Tutu again. So only lost to PR players (the same 2 that keep beating me..lol ) with no notable wins there.

What's The Point

Smash Master
GSS, Bowyer and I both had bad losses, but I still had a bracket win.

DE, I lost to better people, and still got a bracket win.

BAMF, I only lost to people above me.

TCSC4, Bowyer beat Gio and lost to people above him.

Gio is not a notable win, he's a slight nudge and a couple winks. Bowyer's only claim to fame is that he beats Gio, which helped him at DE.

At the same tournaments I got wins while Bowyer could not.

If Bowyer had one more tournament to show that he's more TCSC4 level and not GSS level, then it would be different.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
My only problem is that bowyer's actually got some important wins, but he still doesn't make it on it. Did not know who akashi was so that clears things up. only problem with what you said was "Made money in singles also."

only time you made money was
5: Tech_Chase ($8.00)
in a 14 man tourney...

ZTD | TECHnology

It was 20 man not 14 but its still not something I'm gloating over. I'm just saying there aren't many others who made money in singles that aren't in the top 5 is all. I should have clarified that.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
I guess I just don't understand the logic that logic wtp. Just because you got a win against some one easier makes you better than the person who had a harder bracket. and how was gio not a notable win? he was unranked last season? Bowyer beat gio at the end of the season where you said gio was doing well. Gio was bound to get ranked if he kept it up. He is a threat and bowyer took him out.

Roller

Smash Legend
I actually kind of agree with Boxxy after seeing both sides points. I don't think anyone doubts Bowyer has enough skill to be on the list. And NJ/NY did retroactively change their current PR after acknowledging they made a mistake. Maybe Bowyer should be added as an additional HM if you don't want to cut WTP or w/e. Just an idea.

ZTD | TECHnology

I actually kind of agree with Boxxy after seeing both sides points. I don't think anyone doubts Bowyer has enough skill to be on the list. And NJ/NY did retroactively change their current PR after acknowledging they made a mistake. Maybe Bowyer should be added as an additional HM if you don't want to cut WTP or w/e. Just an idea.

This is what lead to 3 of the panelists arguing for most of the day lol. We were really torn on the number of ranked vs HMs players. Ori suggested Top 5/ 4 HM. I suggested Top 5/ 3 HM. Tutu suggested Top 4 / 2 HMs and WTP suggested Top 4 no HMs. Then after we came around to averaging things out (which pretty much meant my suggestion) we then had to debate about who was going to be an HM.

Top Bottom