• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

bowyer that's so PRECIOUS

also i think bowyer and i are better at certain matchups. i think falco is easy and it's one of his worst. he's still amazing at MK dittos and stuff... he ***** toon links and i get messed up by them still. i think we should be tied.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
Boxxy, no offence or anything( I know this has nothing to do with me), but is there a reason why Bowyer is giving it to you deep throat and you're taking it?
im just saying what i think is right. i would vouch for you or anyone if you were in a situation like this as well

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
yeah we should vote. I think it would be fair if everyone from MI who attended a tourney this season could vote on the matter by a certain date and that would decide whats what.

DEMOCRACY!!! FREEDOM!! USA USA USA

Rizk18

Smash Lord
One of these days im going to dbh just to get rizk, even if its out of my way. We need him at a tourney <3 it would be too entertaining
I would <3 you forever if you do. And lol, I thought you were like 16 because I thought you were Gio's younger brother xD maybe you are but yeah if you can give me a ride I would pay moola :)

Edit: <3 you Boxxy :p

YOUNG MOOLA BABBBYY <3 Lil Weezy ftw

:phone:

D

Deleted member

judge and gio are hot

lain and wtp look like pedos

tech looks like guts

my thoughts on the current pr

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I would <3 you forever if you do. And lol, I thought you were like 16 because I thought you were Gio's younger brother xD maybe you are but yeah if you can give me a ride I would pay moola :)
:phone:
nah son im 20, me and gio are only a year apart. I would always go get people who needed rides if i had my own car, but i usually have to borrow my parents. the BAMF tourneys are right by my house so I wouldnt mind driving out to pick someone up assuming im given the car.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
If we take pools into account, which we should, it's clear that in those tourneys, while I placed lower (because of harder brackets), I beat people who TC and WTP lost to, but they never beat a player I lost to.

GSS:
I beat Kappy who beat WTP.
Tech Chase didn't even make it out of pools and placed 41st but snuck into the bracket anyway.

DU:
I beat Gio
I beat Links in pools and a mm, who beat Tech Chase and Gio.
I beat Tech in a mm.

MTCSC4:
I beat Gio who beat Tech.
I beat Tech.
I beat everyone by 2 stocks.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
For the record I'm not against adding you to the PR. The list wasn't technically finished when WTP published it also. I do also think you're better than me. We do look at pools but not nearly as much as we do bracket. It didn't have a great deal of influence to do the fact that everyone below Mikey (except you) has had some absolutely ******** pools experiences throughout the season.

LOL at you bringing up a $1 DDD ditto MM as criteria though. Everything else I don't have a problem with as far as your defense.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
For the record I'm not against adding you to the PR. The list wasn't technically finished when WTP published it also. I do also think you're better than me. We do look at pools but not nearly as much as we do bracket. It didn't have a great deal of influence to do the fact that everyone below Mikey (except you) has had some absolutely ******** pools experiences throughout the season.

LOL at you bringing up a $1 DDD ditto MM as criteria though. Everything else I don't have a problem with as far as your defense.
It wasn't a $1 MM.. It was a title match. You wagered no money. Only your title as best DDD in Michigan, which I now have :troll: hehe

But really, all of my number placings weren't amazing but if you look at who I won and lost to, and my best placing, it's ample reasoning to put me on it.

...So just sort things out a little:

People who think I should be 5th/6th tied with Gio on the PR:
Lain
Gio
Tutu
Bowyer
Rabbi
Boxxy
Gifts
DRDN

People who think I should be on the PR but I don't know where:
Tech Chase

People who think I should be 3/4 HM:
Ori

People who don't think I'm good enough for the PR:
WTP
Rizk

Roller

Smash Legend
Why wouldn't him beating you in a MM in which you were using your main be a logical point for him to make? The fact he wasn't even using his main, secondary, or tertiary character only serves as more of a reason he should be above you.

If somebody beats me in an ICs ditto (aka Ori) , I count it as a loss just the same. The ditto is just another matchup against a member of the cast.

I think you should be somewhere on the list Bowyer, idk where.

ZTD | TECHnology

It wasn't a $1 MM.. It was a title match. You wagered no money. Only your title as best DDD in Michigan, which I now have hehe
I ****ing hate you. lol Also if you're going to make that list don't add yourself in..lol

Okay though being serious now:

We should add Bowyer in. For several reasons:

1. You have a good argument. I won't debate it.

2. I think we did produce this list too early because we were all really frustrated /advocating ourselves to be HMs (except Tutu)

3. Mistakes happen. It's just best to learn from them and move on. I have no problem admitting I made a mistake.

We were originally debating the amount of PRed ve HMed people. We had averaged out to Top 5/ 3 HMs (as you can see). Top 6 with 3 HMs isn't too farfetched I suppose. And if two players have equal accomplishments then we should tie them like we did last season with SK and L. It DOES seem weird that we're having more people on the list total than last season when we were slower though. That's a large part of why we debating all of this. I'm...not against it anymore though given the circumstances. I'm still just not sure if Bowyer would be the top of HMs or #6 or something. Its really...unclear.

@Roller: It wasn't even technically an MM. If it was an actual one then that makes a different. I was at risk of losing a self proclaimed title. How is that considered serious. If it were like a 5 dollar MM or so that'd be completely different.

ZTD | TECHnology

On a side note: I will MM Bowyer if he wants. Its not even to prove a point. Just because, it'd be nice to just do a regular MM. I'd probably lose but I might win. I don't bet a lot of money though...I just don't like to gamble a lot. I was going to ask at TCSC4 but I knew we'd end up playing in bracket anyway since it was such a small tourney.

Oh and every single Panelist needs to go back to the PR group. We clearly are not finished.

The public has spoken.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
On a side note: I will MM Bowyer if he wants. Its not even to prove a point. Just because, it'd be nice to just do a regular MM. I'd probably lose but I might win. I don't bet a lot of money though...I just don't like to gamble a lot. I was going to ask at TCSC4 but I knew we'd end up playing in bracket anyway since it was such a small tourney.

Oh and every single Panelist needs to go back to the PR group. We clearly are not finished.

The public has spoken.
Uh I can join in the debate a little later, I just got back from my 9-2 job and now I'm about to go cut 3 lawns. I should be available by 4/4:30.

ZTD | TECHnology

NO YOU GO NOW.

lol I have to go to my second job soon so its no biggie. When it gets done its done. We just need to rediscuss stuff. Because a few things were overlooked or misunderstood and its not just about Bowyer.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
i think the PR should have a challenge system. You should be able to challenge someone on the PR for their spot <<<<3333 That would make things SO HYPE.

a dynamic PR system <---genius

ZTD | TECHnology

^ Then we just have Leaderboards like Xbox Live instead of Power Rankings..lol Though it would be fun/funny.

@Bowyer: No need thank me, we made a mistake so we gotta correct it. Otherwise it just isn't fair. Also I'm assuming you're scurred since you never addressed this:

Tech_Chase said:
;)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
haha, Tech I'd be happy to accept your money... I mean your mm challenge ;)

i think the PR should have a challenge system. You should be able to challenge someone on the PR for their spot <<<<3333 That would make things SO HYPE.
O.o I like this idea... Like maybe have it where you can challenge the person directly above you. You can only challenge the person above you once per tournament. But if you win, you move spots and can immediately challenge the next person.

That would be super hype because people would always have to be on their toes.

a dynamic PR system <---genius
Oh man, getting advanced.. In school, dynamic systems are always reserved for like PhD students and whatnot, haha

SCOTU

Smash Hero
a really sweet PR would just use like ELO or Trueskill to apply a numerical rating for each player based on tournament games and potentially "Official" MMs. The panelists would just have to approve of Tournaments and MMs and enter the data and make a list/image. It'd be much harder to make any mistake that way.

Oh man, getting advanced.. In school, dynamic systems are always reserved for like PhD students and whatnot, haha
maybe in your field of study.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
a really sweet PR would just use like ELO or Trueskill to apply a numerical rating for each player based on tournament games and potentially "Official" MMs. The panelists would just have to approve of Tournaments and MMs and enter the data and make a list/image. It'd be much harder to make any mistake that way.
I like this idea too. Especially the part about "Official" MM's. ELO just takes a while to get going but I think having MM's or maybe official PR side matches could speed the process up.

Next tournament, instead of pools and brackets, why don't we just like have the biggest round robin experience ever and stir up some PR results based on math calculations :)

maybe in your field of study.
Dude, when are you gonna learn that my field of study is the only important one??

What's The Point

Smash Master
Did Tech actually lose his pool at GSS? I assumed that second Tech was just some mistake.

Also, I beat Duck in GSS pools, who beat Bowyer.

I don't think Bowyer's wins put him above anyone else, since he's only had one good showing. I do think he's better then Tech. But Tech has more results to show us that he's consistent. And why do you consider a free ditto MM something to even mention? A Dedede ditto free MM sounds like the least serious thing you can do in this game.

I've never said the discussion is closed or anything, and have told people that they can revote and such. But my opinion is still the same. Unless Tech did loss his GSS pool, then I think Bowyer over him in HM.

ZTD | TECHnology

I thought you know this lol It was posted in the OP. I lost my pool but bought someone else's spot because we had like 5 forfeits and I thought it was dumb. I didn't actually plan on doing work there but I did once I played in bracket.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I did not know that.

Also, I would say add my June 4th tournament to this season instead of more discussions and voting. Better to have extra data. One extra tournament would probably give definitive answers.

The list wasn't technically finished when WTP published it also
It was finished.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
haha, Tech I'd be happy to accept your money... I mean your mm challenge ;)

O.o I like this idea... Like maybe have it where you can challenge the person directly above you. You can only challenge the person above you once per tournament. But if you win, you move spots and can immediately challenge the next person.

That would be super hype because people would always have to be on their toes.

word thats what I was thinking as well, I actually said that because thats how we determined who was what chair/part when I used to be a band geek and was in symphonic band. It was like a PR i guess lol. You could challenge the person in front of you but if you failed the challenge you couldnt challenge again for a certain duration of time (so like 2 tourneys in this case). At least it gives people a chance to prove themselves. Even if they lose...there will at least be some hype on the match and people would recognize someone for doing well. Not really like a leaderboard, just a way to keep things interesting (and fair...)

What's The Point

Smash Master
The challenger has nothing to lose if he loses. There is no reason not to challenge.

Just count $5+ MM. Anything below is a friendly.

I don't like the swapping places idea since being able to beat a person doesn't make you better than them if they can beat more people you cannot.

I'd be fine with some sort of point system, but it's just a hassle. But so is this.

One major issue that I have with trueskill rankings, like the one they us eon AiB, is that the more matches you play the less points you get... so like people who start off really bad and them improve have a really hard time raising their placement.

Idk Personally against a system like that I feel it promotes inactivity, so that people feel they can keep their spot.

My reference for this is the TX PR wihch, where Shadow1 PJ who has consistently been getting 4th/5th is ranked somewhere around 13th because he used to get like dead last. Whereas if a new player came in and got like 7th/5th consistently beating all the people PJ can beat but then losing or tying with PJ he'd be be higher ranked than PJ is currently.

Furthermore if someone gets like 1st place and 10 tournaments in a row... then starts getting like 5th place and below, he'll still be ranked in the top 3 because you lose less points as well the more matches you play.

Also challenging someone for a PR spot sounds like a novel idea, but just because you can beat someone, doesn't necessarily make you a better player. For instance X beats Y consistently. Y beats everyone that X losses too. Personally I say that Y is the better player in this scenario, but if we had a challenge system then X would be higher ranked than Y because he would just keep challenging him and beating him.

Wait I had forgotten TC bought his place in bracket... how is that even legal? I remember Harms did it as a joke once... but like If you didn't make it out of pools, i can't in good faith count any wins you got in bracket since you were technically eliminated.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
From what I remember, ELO/TrueSkill was supposed to increase your uncertainty if you start getting very abnormal wins or losses, solving the issue of point stagnation. It remains hard to accurately run ELO-style systems in double elimination bracket series with inconsistent attendance, though, and adds a lot more paperwork to accurately track pools results, if you want to use those.

If you want a system where you can challenge each other for spots, that's a bounty list, not a power ranking.

Top Bottom