• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

What's The Point

Smash Master
There isn't any proof, you just have a different (wrong) opinion. Mostly that you think Bowyer had harder brackets then me, but he didn't.

I count Bowyer beating Gio as points against Gio getting ranks, not points for Bowyer. There are some points for Bowyer but they aren't much.

2/3 rankers placed Bowyer last, and the last one placed me above TC.

They aren't commeting and I've said what I think.

And no one besides you cares.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Tutu what would you count your new placement as? You dropped from the Top 8 but it looks like your #6ish. Other than that I added +0s, +1s, and New to everyone here is v2.2

Also WTP I just don't feel like arguing especially on the internet lol. Why I acknowledge that Boxxy brought up a fantastic argument, in my opinion, you and Bowyer should be tied for HM #3/4 because you guys have an almost similar W/L record and you both dont really have significant wins. But thats just my stance in a few sentences.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Out of curiosity, what happened to Anther? He isn't even on the inactives list D:

What's The Point

Smash Master
I wish the issue wasn't over my placement, since frankly I think everything under Mikey is an irrelevant mishmash of skill and match ups so I don't really care where I place, but you gotta have some conviction in these things.

Well Ori, I count going from ranked to HM as a drop in placement value. Also SK was tied for 3rd last season so I think he should be plus zero, that can be open to debate though.

Also when I put you over TC I had forgotten that he beaten Akashi. I don't think either WTP or Bowyer has any clear deciding factor between them, unless you count Gio as a notable win. I guess the question really is... does beating someone who is favored to get PR'd count as a notable win?

I think it should count more than someone who isn't ranked(think beating someone in the general skill poll of Ori/Roller/DRDN), but less than someone who is(Skill Pool of like Lain/Judge/SK). So I guess I look at it like beating someone of HM ability until they actually get ranked. Maybe that's not the correct way to look at it, and I'm willing to change my mind if someone provides a compelling argument for why that shouldn't be the case. but until then... i still think Bowyer should be on the HM list, also over everyone that is currently on it.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I see it as both bowyer and gio were headed for PR and bowyer didn't let gio get above him and this is all while everyone was taking about gios current rise I think bowyers just been proving he's better but isn't getting recognition

:phone:

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Why are people who aren't in the panelists arguing with the people who are in it? Gtfo seriously, (unless Ori,Tutu,Gio,Tech are in it) what's done is done. You know what's more sad? People who aren't even on the list are arguing about other people who they think should be on it. Unless you're apart of the panelist group, just stop typing.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I dont really think michigan even should have a PR honestly. We dont have enough people actively playing, attending and money matching. We dont have enough competition. If its at the point where 'only the top 4 matters' and they are so obvious anyways, why waste the time arguing?

Bowyer and gio are beast mathematicians, they should decide the PR. USING MATH!

rizk I love you dog but i disagree with that. I think theres arguments not because bowyer is or isnt on it, but more like people are more concerned with who IS on it (I personally have no problems with this PR). I know people complain alot about how the seeding and this kind of stuff is always extremely biased, I consider this another example of people trying to point out potential bias. I dont think it comes down to whether a person should or shouldnt be on it, but if the people who decide these things are doing it with michigans best interest or themselves.

DISCLAIMER: Once again, Im fine with this PR and I <<<<3333 everyone on the panel, im just speaking on behalf of what i KNOW some people are thinking

...Especially WTP <3 <3

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why are people who aren't in the panelists arguing with the people who are in it? Gtfo seriously, (unless Ori,Tutu,Gio,Tech are in it) what's done is done. You know what's more sad? People who aren't even on the list are arguing about other people who they think should be on it. Unless you're apart of the panelist group, just stop typing.
lol, you're just pissed that multiple people think Bowyer is good. :awesome:

Anyway, I agree that arguing over who gets an HM is about as low as it gets. Instead of spending all this time discussing whether or not so-and-so win is notable, you guys should instead start winning more.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Luvu2 dawg<3 :p
Lol and I guess but all this just because Bowyer isn't on it is NOT necessary. I mean, I kinda respect Bowyer more now than I did before. You don't see him going all crazy and posting just because he isn't on it. And honestly, I think he could care less. Why are people making a huge deal about this? It's a fake imaginary list for a video game. Like honestly whoever cares that much has their own problems. Just saying.

EDIT: my post would've looked better if it was there before you posted yours Ankoku :l
I'm not pissed at all, I could care less too tbh. Would I like to be on it? Sure why not, but not if it's going to cause the drama like so.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
People have the right to argue with us if they want. This is not a dictatorship.

Also no one is debating Bowyer's skill. Just his placements vs wins and losses.

@Ankoku: I stopped caring a looooonnnnggg time ago. lol

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Lol people can argue, but in the end it only matters who's only the panelist right? Isn't that what it's for? If not then I don't see a reason to have a panelist. People should just state their opinion's, end of discussion.

Pness.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Thanks for the support Boxxy, Roller, Rabbi, and DRDN, and anyone else who posted for me.

And now for my defense..

I should be tied for 5th/6th with Gio. I'll recap my last tourneys and compare them to TC and WTP.

TCSC4: I placed 3rd and won a $5 bet against Lain that I would 2-stock everyone I played in the tournament, including pools. So meaning, I 2-stocked TC as well as Gio. I only dropped one game, and that was against Gio.

Delta Upsilon: I beat Gio in pools. I lost to Infern (who got 3rd) and to Quivo, who has a good TL. TC placed higher than me because he only beat a random noob who goes by Moose in bracket. TC then lost to Links, who I beat in a $5 mm and beat in pools. Links also beat Gio in pools. WTP only placed higher because of an easier bracket as well because I would have beaten Kas as well.

I also beat TC in a DDD title match here. aka: DDD ditto match. If he wins then I give him $1. If I win then I get to say that I have the better DDD... So I can officially say my DDD is better than his and I never play that character.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302619

GSS: I lost to DLA and Duck. Gio did beat DLA, but DLA beat Tutu who beat TC and WTP. TC and WTP had much easier brackets than I did. I would have beaten everyone they beat. It's a joke to say you are better because you had the easier bracket. Further, losing to Duck is respectable. He has a good falco, my weakness O.o
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299954

Also in rebuttal to one of WTP's comment's... It's a joke that WTP thinks Gio's losses to me hurt his placement.

So it's clear that I'm better than the HM's and I should be listed as a tie with my bro Giodude. You can keep your HM list the same, just have a 6 person list.

And if there is still any question, I want a 2:1 odds, $20 mm against anyone on the current HM list who thinks they're better than me (aka you win, you get my $20, I win, I get your $10).

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It makes sense for people to debate the contents of a power ranking even if they aren't on it. Just because they aren't on it doesn't mean that they aren't related to it. What these guys do is a tough job representing the belief of player ranking in our state both to the people in it and anyone who cares about it (inside MI or not). If people believe that it's inaccurate, that affects MI's image to everyone. Alternatively, if someone wants a power ranking, they probably only want one that is accurate and if they believe that there is an issue, they are more than entitled to bring it up; this will both give a more accurate power ranking and help them to believe that they are more likely to get on the PR (or other state's PRs) due to fair wins. Alternatively, it's also entirely reasonable for people not on the PR to wish someone were included because they have a favorable matchup against that person moreso than other PR members (thus giving them a better chance to make it onto their PR).

That being said, I think that these guys did a commendable job at making this list and mad props to Ori for the image, and I approve of the FMA theme.

I'll take that MM, not out of "No way dude theres no way you're better than I am' feelings or anything like that. I've already posted than you should be above all 3 of the current HM's currently you are a better player than I am and would most likely lose the set 0-2... but he next MI tournament is in 2weeks, and by then I'll be good enough to win.

**** that 2:1 odds BS though. $10 1:1 odds.

@oro-Yo didn't I lose game 1 to you? **** Marth yo.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
My bracket at GSS was filles with characters I'm not good against/ddidnt know how to play. I lost 2-1 to Red Ryu's Lucario and 2-0 to Tech's D3. But that in the past so w/e.

Also Bowyee ty for the peops that image took me hours to make ;)

What's The Point

Smash Master
As a side note, I think Bowyer is better than Gio and below. Just not by results.

My stance is still the same, but if the rest want to re-vote they can. What-ifs and "I woulda beaten" aren't very valid arguments to me.

If there is some outcry about the PR then clearly the panelist messed up, so yes people can state their opinions.

Top Bottom