• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
One misguided post doesn't contribute a flame no matter how small, young one, lmao. Also with everything in the serious rumor mill for Megaman/Rockman right now, '08 is looking to be a grand year.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I hope so... Mega Man in Brawl would give my life meaning. [/jk] In all seriousness, though, I will be mad if some other 3rd party gets in over him. If there's ever been a video game character that I was a serious fan of, it's Mega Man.

And "little one"... XD First time I've been called that. Then again, being over 6 feet tall doesn't mean anything on the internet. Oh, wait, you called me "young one". ...I guess I don't mind. I've always been a little kid at heart.

izzy24

Smash Ace
...Captain N? I don't remember- *memories flood back* Oh... oh.. OH! Th-th-that... that thing claimed to be Mega Man! Wait, it's staring at me! Mommy! Why won't that abomination go away? *rocks back and forth whilst sucking thumb*
lol!!! i never watched it but i found out about accidentally and though how it could help mega man into brawl since i´m a big supporter.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Megaman is in brawl.
Point blank.
I will not reveal how i know just trust me on this.
Your welcome.
You can rejoice now.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Megaman is in brawl.
Point blank.
Your welcome.
You can rejoice now.
There are three possible responses to this.

The first: FAKE. You used your instead of you're.

The second: Yay yay thank you so very much!!!!!

The third: *yawn* Old news. Everyone already knew that he was going to be in.

I'm inclined to go with the third :chuckle:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
It'd have been stupid if he wasn't in and too many hints were dropped for those with "above average intelligence" to make a decent conclusion, but thanks for the post and support.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it numerous more times, Megaman WAS Nintendo for many (myself included), and it would be hard to find someone who was a kid in the early 90's who would disagree with me. He's one of the only three video game characters that people who don't play video games know (the others being, of course, Mario and Sonic), based on a sample set of three people I know who never played video games.

In any case, as I've said, it's been disappointing twice before to not have Megaman in Smash Bros. Here's hoping three is the winning number.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
That's the best part. It's not plain as day. It's a satisfying puzzle, with all the pieces connecting and giving little more than hope.

It's plain as day to those of us who know that he's the only third party left worthy of being in Smash Bros. Brawl, the all Nintendo fighting game.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Some suggestions for a moveset:

Running + A: Slide Kick

Grab: Strike Chain

Smash Forward: Slash Claw

Smash Up: Electric Spark (upwards)

Smash Down: Triad Thunder

Neutral B: X-Buster of course (chargeable)

B + Forward:
If used on the ground: Fire Wave (short range, high damage, low knockback)
If used in air: Speed Burner (Damaging Forward Dash, good for horizontal recovery)

B + Down: Rolling Shield, blocks projectiles (only blocks them, doesn't reflect) and damages enemies that stand close to him and knocks them back
If used in air Megaman gets a lot heavier and falls to the ground faster

Kokuon

Smash Rookie
I agree, Nintendo are douchebags. Doesn't mean they can't be awesome once in a while, but yeah. B4stards sold half of the stuff that made them what they were. Also, I'm still pissed of at stickers. I like how they have a use and all, but... They're stickers. They should bring back the Pokemon snap print stations. That would kick ***.

In other news, my girlfriend is coming back from Japan sometime around March. She picked me up a Wii and I asked her to try and get her hands on a copy of Brawl. If she succeeds, I'll be sure to let you guys know what's going on. *Raises wine glass* Heres to Rockman.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
After the beating Weil nap?
no...after X's original nap. but I just gave a estimate of the naps, I didnt spend the time to count them.
Megaman is in brawl.
Point blank.
Your welcome.
You can rejoice now.
hmmm...huzah?
And you people forget one thing. Nintendo are douchebags.
some times they are, but not always.
Some suggestions for a moveset:

Running + A: Slide Kick

Grab: Strike Chain

Smash Forward: Slash Claw

Smash Up: Electric Spark (upwards)

Smash Down: Triad Thunder

Neutral B: X-Buster of course (chargeable)

B + Forward:
If used on the ground: Fire Wave (short range, high damage, low knockback)
If used in air: Speed Burner (Damaging Forward Dash, good for horizontal recovery)

B + Down: Rolling Shield, blocks projectiles (only blocks them, doesn't reflect) and damages enemies that stand close to him and knocks them back
If used in air Megaman gets a lot heavier and falls to the ground faster
the only single thing I dont like about this move set, is that you gave a mix of classic and X's moves. if you make it soley comprised of X or classic then it would work fine.
I agree, Nintendo are douchebags. Doesn't mean they can't be awesome once in a while, but yeah. B4stards sold half of the stuff that made them what they were. Also, I'm still pissed of at stickers. I like how they have a use and all, but... They're stickers. They should bring back the Pokemon snap print stations. That would kick ***.

In other news, my girlfriend is coming back from Japan sometime around March. She picked me up a Wii and I asked her to try and get her hands on a copy of Brawl. If she succeeds, I'll be sure to let you guys know what's going on. *Raises wine glass* Heres to Rockman.
one problem though, by the time you get that copy of brawl, we would already know the entire roster thanks to the internet.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Just a little anecdote to pass the time. I'm 23 years old, born in 1985, Year of the Nintendo. I got my first NES set when I was three (with ninety-seven of my own dollars, my dear old dad covered the rest), and Megaman when I was five. I remember wanting Megaman VERY badly (I couldn't tell you why today), and my wonderful mom took me to Toys R Us to get it for me (apparently I'd been raving for it for quite a while). We went there, and they still had slips of paper for video games back then, and there weren't any for Megaman, but the manager assured us that they had gotten the game in that very day and wrote us up a slip, MEGA MAN $30.00. Just like that (and not $29.99 as I was expecting). Anyway, I wasn't disappointed (despite not being able to beat anyone but Cutman), and loved the game and the series until the very end, when I imported Rockman & Forte. Later on, I went on to collect the full set of games.

Skipping many Megamanless years, we come to this very morning. I woke up at 3:30 AM, and my sister, aged 13 and also an insomniac, were talking at 5:30. We decided it would be fun to go to 7-Eleven to get cereal and watch the Saturday morning cartoons. Upon returning, we checked the listings, only to discover that cartoons don't start until 8:00 AM. So, having the brilliant mind that I do, I set up the old NES set. The only games I have on hand anymore are Zelda and Megaman. We've been playing Megaman 2 for an hour at this point. She had never played a Megaman game before, of course, and is having a bit of difficulty. After screaming at Bubbleman's stage ("This is the Nintendo," I told her, "the system that singlehandedly invented fifteen of our modern swear words."), I realized: here's someone who picked up a Megaman game, and she's loving/hating it. Megaman isn't just for the old school fans. Megaman is for EVERYONE.

I thought you lads might appreciate this story. She's currently hacking and sawing away at Woodman's stage, incidentally.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Have her go for Metal Man. Free E-can on the way to him, & he doesn't throw Metal Blades until you shoot. She'll learn how to make Metal Man do what she wants soon enough, & then she'll have Metal Blade, & it will be all over.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
Have her go for Metal Man. Free E-can on the way to him, & he doesn't throw Metal Blades until you shoot. She'll learn how to make Metal Man do what she wants soon enough, & then she'll have Metal Blade, & it will be all over.
Metal Blades pwn half the bosses in the game. Metal Man is easy to beat too. One could not ask for a better choice for first boss. :laugh:

Cless

Smash Champion
The game comes out March 9 (unless Brawl is an urban legend). We might already have the game by then.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well UltimateX64, another anti-Megaman prophet has bitten the dust. ^_^

Megaman is in brawl.
Point blank.
Your welcome.
You can rejoice now.
Umm thanks... O_o

I hope you are telling the truth and not just teasing us all, but thanks for the free confidence
boost anyways. :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Potentially scary news guys, look at these pictures:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/Croix28/Three.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/Croix28/Two.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/Croix28/One.jpg

I hope these are not real, if so no Megaman, but Banjo Kazooie and NECRID!

I do not know about these, something just screams fake to me about these. I hope this is not true though...

I will be so pissed if Nintendo puts Necrid over Megaman, I may just protest the game because of that.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

I do not know about these, something just screams fake to me about these. I hope this is not true though...

I will be so pissed if Nintendo puts Necrid over Megaman, I may just protest the game because of that.
it's fake.
believe me, I can tell.
I use phoshop.

and necrid over pac-man or a more well-known namco character is impossible. so yeah, it's pretty fake.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
it's fake.
believe me, I can tell.
I use phoshop.

and necrid over pac-man or a more well-known namco character is impossible. so yeah, it's pretty fake.
I figured as much. :\

None of it really made any sense, I doubt Nintendo is going to gamble with 3rd party PC's.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The guide where these screenshots were taken from only deals with the history of the revealed characters. Necrid is there because Link was in Soul Calibur 2. And Banjo is there because of Diddy Kong Racing.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet

FAKE. STRAIGHT UP

You need not worry, Shadow. Those pics are bull****.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The guide where these screenshots were taken from only deals with the history of the revealed characters. Necrid is there because Link was in Soul Calibur 2. And Banjo is there because of Diddy Kong Racing.
If this is even true, than yes you are correct. The thing that this is bad is that if it is true, which, I doubt. No Capcom, which in turns means no Megaman.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Well UltimateX64, another anti-Megaman prophet has bitten the dust. ^_^

Umm thanks... O_o

I hope you are telling the truth and not just teasing us all, but thanks for the free confidence
boost anyways. :laugh:
That's very good news. I never bought into his thoeries, I was only waiting for him to fall. It took him long enough.

Yay! ... what prediction broke his neck?
I believe the same that broke almightygoat's. Confession.

Well, that just leaves Chaotic and Nya.

domriver

Smash Lord
If this is even true, than yes you are correct. The thing that this is bad is that if it is true, which, I doubt. No Capcom, which in turns means no Megaman.
I don't think they will just put Capcom's name in there. It will be a HUGE giveaway. Capcom on the sign. OMG OMG MEGAMAN omg omg. Sakurai has done a good job on keeping the lid on the secrets.

Top Bottom