• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Actually, DASH enjoyed a good deal of popularity in Nihongo-land (Japan), at least, enough so that it was the main reason why we got the likes of "Misadventures of Tron Bonne", Tron Bonne and Servbot/Kobun in MvC2, Trigger and Roll in Namco X Capcom and that DASH Cell phone game in the first place.

DASH is also frequently brought up whenever Inafune or Horinouchi is contacted for interviews regarding Rockman. Next to Classic, I think DASH is probably the one series that the majority want most to see continued. And I think that says a lot to the actual popularity the series has.

So...once more...I'd have no issue with Trigger ending up being the Rockman rep for Brawl...especially if it would mean DASH 3 proper for the Wii some time later. ;)

Cless

Smash Champion
It's so popular that Capcom doesn't make anymore because it made so much money. I mean the series as a whole. It may enjoy some degree of popularity, but not enough that Capcom thinks they should continue it. Inafune definitely wants to though.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Because, with the way Capcom is promoting StarForce, if Capcom was going to use one of the newer Megaman incarnations they would go with Starforce. In other words, Starforce makes BN obsolete.

Of course, I don't believe X has a snow ball's of making the playable cut for Brawl either. He doesn't have the significance for the Megaman series as Classic Megaman.
starforce has replaced BN, IDK wether I should be happy or deppressed about it.
Ahh I thought so. Thanks. Yeah, I wouldn't mind that version either, as it seems to be a bit of a mix between Original Megaman and X, though from what i've gathered that particular series probably wouldn't be popular enough to warrant it a spot in Brawl. Then again I could be wrong, all I know is that the games aren't too popular over here...

I'm expecting if Megaman is announced that it would be original. Either that or one of the newer ones purely for marketing purposes (Which I wouldn't really like at all.) I don't mind the EXE/SF version of Megaman (They looked almost identical to me, Correct me if i'm wrong) and while the ZX games have a decent concept they just don't seem Megamanish enough for my liking...

I got to know the characters X and Zero through the X series and therefore like them a lot more. In the two ZX games, they have changed the main characters you play, and therefore I think it kinda detaches the player from the characters...

I do hope Megaman is included though, and if it is the Original version I will be able to live with it as I am still a huge fan of the franchise, my preference is X, but any Megaman will be fine.

I might get stuck into the Megaman Collection I have lying around, see if those Original games can get me a little more acquainted with the Original Megaman.
I started with classic and got stuck to X myself, for some reason I cant go back to the classics 5-7(and dont play 1-4/8 for more than one level before stopping), they just arnt that good to me(5-7 at least, 1-4/8 are ok). as for the whole legends thing, it is a some-what popular series (I might be wrong about this) but the third one wasnt made due to costs or something like that.
It's so popular that Capcom doesn't make anymore because it made so much money. I mean the series as a whole. It may enjoy some degree of popularity, but not enough that Capcom thinks they should continue it. Inafune definitely wants to though.
ya.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
The X series, in my opinion plays superior to the Classic series. It's just much more fun and fast paced.

However, I love the characters, music, and theme/feel from the Classic series much, much more.

If Megaman is in Brawl I hope it's Classic Rock.

Cless

Smash Champion
Sigma is kinda pathetic. Vile is ok. I liked him way better in Maverick Hunter X where they game him a personality. I was indifferent to him before that.

Cless

Smash Champion
how dare you insult sigma! hes a freakin beast! lol. to each his own...
Yeah, he was a beast, but after you beat him the first time, he's all like oh yeah, you can't win because I'm a virus. And then he just keeps coming back and it gets sad after a while. Besides, he couldn't hold a candle to Zero. Zero wrecked Sigma's ****.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
On the other hand, X & Zero haven't been seen since 23XX. They weren't present in ZX or ZXA, & they weren't present in any of the DASH games. They're about as dead as Rockman.EXE, presumably.
X and Zero have been seen since 23XX, in a sense -- what about Model X and Model Z? Do you discount them? Yeah, they're not the same to me either, but they aren't just random characters... they're the at least partial essences of the heroes they once were. The same goes for all the Models -- there's a reason Models H, F, L, and P show respect and reverence towards Model X in Mega Man ZX. And if I remember correctly, Model L shows a bit of attitude towards Model Z as well, which recalls Zero and Leviathan's relationship quite accurately.

How is the series dead? They haven't released a Complete Works for it yet. The Zero series is dead, & classic & X will be soon.
It's widely known that the Battle Network/EXE series is complete, done, finished, over. At the end of Mega Man Battle Network 6's credits, it says "Mega Man Battle Network -END-." (I would know, because I played through all of them.) That's about as much proof as you can get. Just as Mega Man Zero 4 was widely stated and known to be the end of the Zero series, Mega Man Battle Network 6 has been announced and understood to be the end of the BN series.

Until the same happens with the other series, they are all still unfinished and up in the air. Inafune even admitted this himself recently, calling the Classic series "unfinished" even though it's been so long since Mega Man 8 and Rockman & Forte/Mega Man & Bass were released.

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Yeah, he was a beast, but after you beat him the first time, he's all like oh yeah, you can't win because I'm a virus. And then he just keeps coming back and it gets sad after a while. Besides, he couldn't hold a candle to Zero. Zero wrecked Sigma's ****.
... yet X is the one who finally defeats him, once and for all, while Zero's conked out in stasis somewhere. :p

Cless

Smash Champion
Leviathan wanted Zero so bad in Zero 2, unless that was a result of a crazy translation.

... yet X is the one who finally defeats him, once and for all, while Zero's conked out in stasis somewhere. :p
Don't care about that. That was a cyber elf. He didn't ravage Sigma's soul with his bare hands.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Lol masochism.
Not really... that only applies to Battle Network 4, because it awful. Otherwise, it's a very enjoyable series that's underrated by lots of Mega Man fans who flip out anytime they see a Mega Man game that isn't a platformer.

It's by no means my favorite series, but it's great and a really nice alternative Mega Man universe.

Now Star Force, on the other hand....

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
lol yeah he did break his arm off

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, the X games play way better, but the only recurring character I really like in the Xs is Zero.
the "only" one? what about X, sigma, vile, and alia?
(alia ha!)
you dont like vile or sigma??
what he said.
at least he was more competent than wily, or the wily in BN series.
isnt that always the case?
Don't care about that. That was a cyber elf. He didn't ravage Sigma's soul with his bare hands.
its kinda like saying ****. a bullet sounds the same in any language...
wrong metaphor. ummm...basicaly its still X defeating him, just on a different plane of existence. like how doctor light lived on in his capsules as data. except he can be hurt and destroyed.

Not really... that only applies to Battle Network 4, because it awful. Otherwise, it's a very enjoyable series that's underrated by lots of Mega Man fans who flip out anytime they see a Mega Man game that isn't a platformer.

It's by no means my favorite series, but it's great and a really nice alternative Mega Man universe.

Now Star Force, on the other hand....
I played BN3 and thought it was OK at best, I liked it a little, but it wasnt as enjoyable as I would want. it just couldnt hold my attention for long.

Cless

Smash Champion
the "only" one? what about X, sigma, vile, and alia?
(alia ha!)

I don't like X. He's too idealistic. Already did Sigma and Vile. The only female character I really liked was Iris. Everyone else is kinda meh. Layer was funny though.

at least he was more competent than wily, or the wily in BN series.

But Wily was comically incompetent; always apologizing after you beat him. Sigma just got sad. It's like X and Zero shouldn't have even cared anymore when he showed up. Also, Wily had a last laugh of sorts with Zero. Sigma just gets destroyed.

its kinda like saying ****. a bullet sounds the same in any language...
wrong metaphor. ummm...basicaly its still X defeating him, just on a different plane of existence. like how doctor light lived on in his capsules as data. except he can be hurt and destroyed.

X deletes him with the Mother Elf. Zero rips his arm off and almost destroys him in their first encounter.
So there you have it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think people keep under estimating how much time, work and manpower that has gone into this game. I mean, he has so many people working on this game, I mean Nintendo gave him his own freaking STUDIO to work on this game. He has had almost two years to work on this game, and even NOW he is finishing up touches. Not to mention Sakurai is TRYING to make this as fun as possible, and make the Smash world represented by as many franchises as possible. Including the Megaman universe.

So I believe it is plausible to believe we could have a mid-high 40 roster, and here is what I would like it to be:

[Mario]
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario
Geno

[Zelda]
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Gannondorf
Cel Shaded Link

[Pokemon]
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario

[Donkey Kong]
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K.Rool

[Metroid]
Samus/ZSS
Ridley
Dark Samus

[Kirby]
Kirby
Metaknight
King DDD

[Star Fox]
Fox
Falco
Krystal

[Mother]
Lucas
Ness
Claus

[F-Zero]
Capt. Falcon
Black Shadow

[Fire Emblem]
Ike
Marth
Micaiah

[Other]
Yoshi
Wario
Pikmin & Olimar
Pit
Ice Climber
Mr. Game and Watch
Animal Crossing Villager
Isaac
Takamaru
Ray 01
Sukapon

[Third party]
Sonic
Snake
Megaman
---------------
48 total

I know most people will criticize me over Paper Mario, but really think about it. He seems to be a different "Mario" much the same as WW Link and TP Link; he represents a new and popular franchise, he would have a moveset completely unique of "Mario." Not to mention to have a paper stage would be incredible.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
So there you have it.
meh, I wouldnt say he got sad as he got more determined (and insane...and confused). cause if you think about it every time he comes back, he always makes use of his defeats and becomes more powerful. so I wouldnt say "sad" is the right word. and I felt wily was kinda pathetic though, begging for forgivness after doing the things he did, but i guess he knew megaman wouldtn do anything to him at that point.
I think people keep under estimating how much time, work and manpower that has gone into this game. I mean, he has so many people working on this game, I mean Nintendo gave him his own freaking STUDIO to work on this game. He has had almost two years to work on this game, and even NOW he is finishing up touches. Not to mention Sakurai is TRYING to make this as fun as possible, and make the Smash world represented by as many franchises as possible. Including the Megaman universe.

So I believe it is plausible to believe we could have a mid-high 40 roster, and here is what I would like it to be:

I know most people will criticize me over Paper Mario, but really think about it. He seems to be a different "Mario" much the same as WW Link and TP Link; he represents a new and popular franchise, he would have a moveset completely unique of "Mario." Not to mention to have a paper stage would be incredible.
I think you should switch paper mario with bowser Jr. since he fits every role you mentioned here while being a completely seperate character (as far as being new goes, but as for the whole P.M. franchise not so much). but you know it is your roster thing to choose. everything else works out fine for me.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Besides, he couldn't hold a candle to Zero. Zero wrecked Sigma's ****.
But of course, you have to take in account, that the only way Zero stands to get that kind of power again, is when he's fully Irregular (Maverick). And when he does that, well, Mr. Zero go crazy, and he's of no use to any one, not even himself.

So, then he gets his original, Wily-given body stolen, and that's how we got Omega, after Dr. Vile toyed with it to try and use the body as a means to bring about his ideal world. According to the Radio Drama, it took both X and "Copy Zero" to take down the insane, fully-powered-up Omega in Zero's original body.

...Then following that, Zero goes off to take his lil nap, because he thinks that he can take the time get his full systems check, and just let "X handle the rest". What an ***...if he had actually stayed around, chances are, there wouldn't have been so much of a need for Copy X to have been made, and set into motion all of the bad things that happened in the Zero series. And all because Mr. Zero wanted to take a nap. The *******. :chuckle:

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, well, X had to have a nap before everything in the X series so it was Zero's turn. If he had stayed around, we would have never gotten the awesome Zero series. Besides, X didn't seem too bitter about it. It all worked out.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Yeah, well, X had to have a nap before everything in the X series so it was Zero's turn. If he had stayed around, we would have never gotten the awesome Zero series. Besides, X didn't seem too bitter about it. It all worked out.
ya, but zero then had 3-5 more naps after that, and that just wasnt fair to X. plus X got the short end of the stick out of the whole situation. the VERY short end of that stick. but then again, half the naps I am thinking of were when zero was nearly destroyed...or destroyed then rebuilt.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Would um.....X be kind of a clone of
Kirby
seeing how they both share the uncanny ablity to steal there foe's powers and make it there own?

Thought I was gonna say clone of
Samus
didn't ya? Didn't didn't didn't ya?:cool:

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Well, I liked the idea that someone presented of getting the opponent's power, and the attack being a similar power from the Megaman games: i.e.: Get Mario's power -> Flameman's attack. Or if it's X, then Flame Mammoth's attack. You get the idea.

Either way, a power based on the opponent's would be less of a clone of Kirby than Kirby's direct copy. And besides that, Megaman's fighting style would be completely different from Kirby's, aside from the ability steal.

Samus, on the other hand, might have a move or two to teach Megaman in terms of actual fighting. Or maybe not. It will all be revealed soon enough.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
I imagine that his A attacks will have a certain lacking in launch force, but he might even be a little faster to make up for it. Actually, it would be an interesting possibility to make his A attacks have some kind of projectile nature to them, like the uncharged plasma shots. After all, Snake's smashes still involve explosives and all of Sonic's attacks involve being an arrogant pain in the tuchus. (I kid. I kid because I love.)

In any case, it should be interesting, and should our boy Rock make it into the game, I vow to become good with him, no matter how nerfed he may or may not be.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well, I liked the idea that someone presented of getting the opponent's power, and the attack being a similar power from the Megaman games: i.e.: Get Mario's power -> Flameman's attack. Or if it's X, then Flame Mammoth's attack. You get the idea.

Either way, a power based on the opponent's would be less of a clone of Kirby than Kirby's direct copy. And besides that, Megaman's fighting style would be completely different from Kirby's, aside from the ability steal.

Samus, on the other hand, might have a move or two to teach Megaman in terms of actual fighting. Or maybe not. It will all be revealed soon enough.
Hey, with imput like this you'll become a respectable member around here bro. :smoke:

Cless

Smash Champion
You can't nerf something that's never existed before. Mega Man is super strong though. It wouldn't make sense for him to have no power in his attacks.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, I was one of the ones who forwarded that idea. I still think it'd be good and make Megs less Kirby-ish.

I also think that Eddy should be an item/assist trophy. He'd come out and give a character a random healing item.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Looks like I'm gonna pull an Error Alt right now, lol:chuckle:

X and Zero have been seen since 23XX, in a sense -- what about Model X and Model Z? Do you discount them? Yeah, they're not the same to me either, but they aren't just random characters... they're the at least partial essences of the heroes they once were. The same goes for all the Models -- there's a reason Models H, F, L, and P show respect and reverence towards Model X in Mega Man ZX. And if I remember correctly, Model L shows a bit of attitude towards Model Z as well, which recalls Zero and Leviathan's relationship quite accurately.
I kinda do discount the ZX series in terms of hero material... I loved the characters all when they were living and not add ons so that n00bs in their universe could achieve "teh ulteemate evolushon". The games are great for what the are, but at the end of the day when you don't have a body to call your own it's kinda a bittersweet situation.

It's widely known that the Battle Network/EXE series is complete, done, finished, over. At the end of Mega Man Battle Network 6's credits, it says "Mega Man Battle Network -END-." (I would know, because I played through all of them.) That's about as much proof as you can get. Just as Mega Man Zero 4 was widely stated and known to be the end of the Zero series, Mega Man Battle Network 6 has been announced and understood to be the end of the BN series.

Until the same happens with the other series, they are all still unfinished and up in the air. Inafune even admitted this himself recently, calling the Classic series "unfinished" even though it's been so long since Mega Man 8 and Rockman & Forte/Mega Man & Bass were released.

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!
What's funny about this is that technically, even the Zero series isn't finished as it has never been solidly stated that Zero 4 is the end. We all know it is however due to the presence of Mega Man ZX And a falling space station does tend to kill occupants on it as per X5:laugh:

And thank God that Classic is getting some well deserved attention again! Mega Man 4 Brawl!

About time X got his series headlining role back! If anyone told me that Zero wound up ending the Maverick Wars and destroying the virus, as much as I may like him, the Zero series would officially have to end with X ****ing up Omega and Weil with a Shining Finger or pimpslap.:chuckle: (Plus X is marginally more my favorite character than Zero in the X series anyway)

Leviathan wanted Zero so bad in Zero 2, unless that was a result of a crazy translation.
Nope, translation's right, she wanted to jump his bone for a while, lmao. Zero's dumb as hell though to not notice.. or did he?...

I would give you a medal for that roster, but again, there's one really big WTF character that's missing as unlikely as he'd be in that game. (Mike Jones from Startropics anyone? *is shot*)

But of course, you have to take in account, that the only way Zero stands to get that kind of power again, is when he's fully Irregular (Maverick). And when he does that, well, Mr. Zero go crazy, and he's of no use to any one, not even himself.

So, then he gets his original, Wily-given body stolen, and that's how we got Omega, after Dr. Vile toyed with it to try and use the body as a means to bring about his ideal world. According to the Radio Drama, it took both X and "Copy Zero" to take down the insane, fully-powered-up Omega in Zero's original body.

...Then following that, Zero goes off to take his lil nap, because he thinks that he can take the time get his full systems check, and just let "X handle the rest". What an ***...if he had actually stayed around, chances are, there wouldn't have been so much of a need for Copy X to have been made, and set into motion all of the bad things that happened in the Zero series. And all because Mr. Zero wanted to take a nap. The *******. :chuckle:
The funniest part about all of this is there's a debate over whether or not Omega was completely Awakened Zero's persona. Meaning for all we know, the Elf Wars and Omega's pwnage was at 50% as compared to X5's Awakened Zero and his omnipotence. Could you even imagine how ****ed up the world would be if Omega was that instead?

Mega Man can fight better than Samus ever could.
Someone give this man Legends 3 for this post!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I only wish if the final boss wasn't so **** easy... And I miss the Guardians!

Top Bottom