• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I was disappointed in lack of Guardians-type bosses in ZX (aside from Prometheus and Pandora), but was content with playing AS them (well, fusions of them and X). Though, I wish that their reincarnations were harder in ZX Advent. It's almost TOO easy to kill them. Then again, I can't get to them on Expert, so who am I to complain about it? Also, the "Chosen Ones" for Models F-H-L-P are too... what's the word? Bland. They don't have good personalities. Siarnaq has the best personality, and he doesn't even HAVE one!

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Mega Man can fight better than Samus ever could.
You are so right. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah, I was quite disappointed when I found out that they were dead in Zero 4.
Me too. :( That's one reason Zero 4, as good as it is, could never be my favorite Zero game.

And for those arguing about how Zero ripped his arm off and almost destroyed Sigma himself and OMG ZERO IS TEH AWESOME!!!11...

1. It's been said, but that was when he was closer to his original, true form. He was a Maverick. Of course he's more powerful in that form, because that's how Wily designed him -- but as someone already said, he's of no use to himself or anyone else that way.

2. X has destroyed Sigma, ON HIS OWN, at least six times (X1, X2, Xtreme 1, X3, and X5, and X6 for sure -- Xtreme 2 and X4 could have been Zero, and X7 and X8 could have been Zero or Axl [LOL]). 6 > 1. And he didn't need to be a Maverick to do it. You could make arguments for his armor upgrades, sure, but the point remains is that it's still him -- not a crazed, insane version of him. He on his own is enough to defeat Sigma.

3. It's been stated implicity in the series canon: X has limitless potential. Thus, X wins.

4. Zero says in his X6 ending that "there is a superior Hunter," referring, of course, to X. Now, we know that this ending definitely does not actually happen, but the fact that he says this means he must think that nonetheless.

Now don't get me wrong -- I love Zero and think he is a fantastic character. I think X and Zero make a perfect team, and they definitely complement each other. And it's very true that they both have internal weaknesses -- X is too trusting, Zero is too cold and unable to trust. But there's no question to me that, in the end, X is superior -- both because I'm biased (he is my favorite character ever, after all) and because of the cold, hard evidence I listed above.

But you know, what screw this whole Mega Man/X/Zero in Brawl debate... I say AXL FOR TEH BRAWL LOLZ!!!11

Okay, not really. Axl sucks. :p

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Cless

Smash Champion
I thought Zero had limitless potential too, or is his peak his crazed state? I wouldn't call it Maverick though. More like the true Zero.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I was disappointed in lack of Guardians-type bosses in ZX (aside from Prometheus and Pandora), but was content with playing AS them (well, fusions of them and X). Though, I wish that their reincarnations were harder in ZX Advent. It's almost TOO easy to kill them. Then again, I can't get to them on Expert, so who am I to complain about it? Also, the "Chosen Ones" for Models F-H-L-P are too... what's the word? Bland. They don't have good personalities. Siarnaq has the best personality, and he doesn't even HAVE one!
Agreed. The Small4 were annoying to me. At first I was like "OMG new Shintennou" but looking at it after the fact, they were just mindless puppets who had almost nothing in common with the past Guardians. They also were too watered down (with the exception of Thetis, he was nicer than Leviathan ever was, lol) for ZXA. I hope in the third one we get some more clarification and maybe a fanservicey Cyber Elf image of them (like they get the ability to project their appearance like X could in the Zero series)

Sorry i was late with the response

EDIT - Leviathan > Harpuia = Phantom > Fefnir. Reasoning? She's the first truly kickass female in the entire Megaman/Rockman world who doesn't rely on hax to fight... Wait, I just remembered Marino from Command Mission, silly me.

Zero's potential, while rivaling X's in some aspects, is only truly reached and useable when he's in a psychotic "keel teh infidellz" state of mind. It's his pure destructive force that's available in his Awakened persona and as proven by the X5 non-canon story, X's potential even surpassed that. (Go X! lol)

And new Axl is win. (Meaning X8, Command Mission, and Model A)

izzy24

Smash Ace
idk if it helps the argument or not but i saw that megaman was part of the captain n series (a nintendo show with a bunch of other nintendo characters).... wiki it for more info

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Before the Zero series started. He sacrificed himself to imprison the Dark Elf.
Technically, he didn't die until Zero 2 when a certain mass produced worker unit stabbed him in the chest while he was imprisoning said elf, but hey, all you need to know is that it happened, sadly enough.

Cless

Smash Champion
Oh, he was dead. If you saw my spirit floating around all over the place with my body somewhere else, you'd say I was dead too.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
lol I got lost in your conversations. I learned a lot though (don't worry I don't mind spoilers) since I stopped playing Megaman after X3. :ohwell:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Oh, he was dead. If you saw my spirit floating around all over the place with my body somewhere else, you'd say I was dead too.
True, but we're human. Reploids, or more specifically reploid souls, I would believe would just slide back into the body like a floppy disk and all would be well again

Kasek

Smash Ace
idk if it helps the argument or not but i saw that megaman was part of the captain n series (a nintendo show with a bunch of other nintendo characters).... wiki it for more info
...Captain N? I don't remember- *memories flood back* Oh... oh.. OH! Th-th-that... that thing claimed to be Mega Man! Wait, it's staring at me! Mommy! Why won't that abomination go away? *rocks back and forth whilst sucking thumb*

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
...Captain N? I don't remember- *memories flood back* Oh... oh.. OH! Th-th-that... that thing claimed to be Mega Man! Wait, it's staring at me! Mommy! Why won't that abomination go away? *rocks back and forth whilst sucking thumb*
Wow, and I thought rewatching the Ruby Spears cartoon was bad... Apparently this one fails harder (not like the Ruby Spears wasn't hot for its time, lol)

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
LOL. I still have nightmares about Cutman. Er, I mean Cutsman. I knew that show was garbage the first time I ever saw it, and I was five.

I still think the Prima leak is the best roster out there. I hope we get enough updates to confirm it before Brawl is released. I don't trust it just yet.

MDupont

Smash Cadet
I tI think Mega Man has a good chance of getting in. The Mega Man Universe alone serves much material for items and Assist Trophies. Imagine such Assist Trophies as Roll, Dr. Wily, Zero, Bass, Protoman etc.

I think Mega Man could use Rush on his moveset. His final smash could be some sort of combined attack with all those little robots that join him a la Mega Man 8. One concept I had in my head was that Mega Man had the ability to change colors and depending on the color, his one projectile attack would change.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
The Ruby Spears Mega Man cartoon is awesome, I don;t know what's wrong with some of you guys. It's absolutely hilarious.
I was going on the overall bad reviews people give it... I still think the Mega X set the standards for firepower and Best Dr. Wily & Vile (Vava) VAs ever in American Megaman to this day.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
The Mega-Man cartoons were the best. My bro just recently bought the DVDs :laugh:

Anyways, Megaman has the potential to be in SSB in every way possible, he has the moves, items, stages, AT capabilities. The only real thing holding him back is his 3rd party status. :dizzy:

Kasek

Smash Ace
The Mega-Man cartoons were the best. My bro just recently bought the DVDs :laugh:

Anyways, Megaman has the potential to be in SSB in every way possible, he has the moves, items, stages, AT capabilities. The only real thing holding him back is his 3rd party status. :dizzy:

If it wasn't for the 3rd party thing, he'd've probably been in SSBM, if not SSB1.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
If it wasn't for the 3rd party thing, he'd've probably been in SSBM, if not SSB1.
Let's face it Megaman = Nintendo (Just like Banjo-Kazooie used too:ohwell:). If things were different, I think we'd only see Mega Man on Nintendo consoles.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Let's face it Megaman = Nintendo (Just like Banjo-Kazooie used too:ohwell:). If things were different, I think we'd only see Mega Man on Nintendo consoles.
I believe I was HORRIFIED when I heard about Mega Man games on other systems besides Nintendo, as it would mean I would never get to play them (my family consists of Nintendo fans, with my little brother being the Halo-loving black sheep).

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I believe I was HORRIFIED when I heard about Mega Man games on other systems besides Nintendo, as it would mean I would never get to play them (my family consists of Nintendo fans, with my little brother being the Halo-loving black sheep).
The same happened to me with Rare games, and Square-Enix... but they all were being mean *** *******s about it:

"Sice N64 doesn't have a CD-ROM drive, no FF, no Megaman X4-6 until the collection, No Legends 2, etc."

And the loss of Rare made me depressed back in '02.

Joeshi

Smash Rookie
Im all for the blue bomber to hit brawl but i wouldnt mind seeing Ryu or Simon being used as the Capcom reps in Brawl. Though of all three i think Mega Man deserves it cause when you think Capcom he comes to mind.That and his franchise is well dead if not **** well close to it so Capcom should leap at the chance to throw him in there.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I can't even begin to tell you guys how awesome it was that my brother had bought a Saturn off his friend once X4 was released.

Top Bottom