• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I thought Nya was broken on the ridiculous theory that Tom Nook was a playable clone of Samus.
13. NyaseNya
A while back, we all thought NyaseNya was a fake, since she said there would not be another delay. Well, we might have been wrong. Thanx to Zoo-bellocks for finding some of her posts.

Here's a summary of what she said:
-Roster: 35 Characters (Disagrees with UltimateX64, One_Step87)
-Character: Sonic (10/7/2007) (Predicted exact day Sonic would arrive on DOJO)
-Character: Ness (Disagrees with UltimateX64)
-Character: "Toon" Link (DBGTmax9909 refers to Wind Waker Link as Toon Link also)
-Character: Mr. Game & Watch (Assuming Icon Theory is true)
-Moveset: Pikmin & Olimar: Undetermined Special: Whip-like Move with Pikmin (12/5/2007) (DOJO updated Pikmin & Olimar's Special Moves on 1/11/2008, Whip refers to Pikmin Chain, Olimar's Up+B)
-Deconfirmation: Megaman (Agrees with ChaoticImplosion)
-Other: Brawl will be delayed in the US (12/5/2007) (DOJO tells us this 1/15/2008)
-Other: Europe will not get Brawl until April/May (FlipTroopa says Brawl will release in Europe in May, game retailers have reflected this)
-Other: Brawl will be a dual-layed disc, due to its size (Disagrees with UltimateX64)
That's all the posts that the leak thread could find.
She's been right on several occasions as of now.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
I would seriously doubt that they would upload a graphic changing all the copyright information. They've only updated it whenever something new was revealed. Besides, it couldn't look faker if there were a big clown nose on it.

As for the booklet, is that this month's Famitsu? I may have to pick up a copy....

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would seriously doubt that they would upload a graphic changing all the copyright information. They've only updated it whenever something new was revealed. Besides, it couldn't look faker if there were a big clown nose on it.

As for the booklet, is that this month's Famitsu? I may have to pick up a copy....
Yeah, I think it is a confirmed fake, I still would like all of those characters participation thoug! ^_^

And yes it is this months issue.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I just thought of something about NyaseNya saying the Brawl game is dual layered (8.5 gigabytes,) if it was dual layered and could hold so much room, why is there only 35 characters? I mean with that much room, time and manpower you would think they got more done. It does not make any sense; anyways I just thought of that and wanted to express my thoughts.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
would be cool if it really was there though, it would've been a good find

the characters thing at the bottom of dojo i mean

Cless

Smash Champion
I just thought of something about NyaseNya saying the Brawl game is dual layered (8.5 gigabytes,) if it was dual layered and could hold so much room, why is there only 35 characters? I mean with that much room, time and manpower you would think they got more done. It does not make any sense; anyways I just thought of that and wanted to express my thoughts.
I asked why the game had to be so huge before. The SSE can't possibly be that big.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
They are removing 7 characters from Melee at the WORST (clones+Ness). They have twelve newcomers so far (if you're counting Zamus), so we have at least 30 characters. Add in the SECRET newcomers, and I say that we're going to have more than just "35" characters. Adding only ten characters to the total wouldn't make sense, even with the subtraction of some vets first.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
It's not even really that, and I talked about this like a number of days ago.

But basically, the thing about that factoid that really strikes me as "O_o" is because Nya seemingly doesn't realize that, in the way that Nintendo constructed Wii optical discs, they pretty much already ARE dual-layered discs, and it's just a thing of utilizing all the space that's present.

In short, Nintendo wouldn't have to dish out a specific, special kind of Wii disc just for Smash, which is what Nya seems to be inferring with his leak. Either he just doesn't know what he's talking about (which then brings all of his credibility into question), or he's just a rat (which just as well as destroys it).

So, as far as I'm concerned, that's two major strikes against Nya, if we don't count that one instance where he swore there would not be another delay.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
They are removing 7 characters from Melee at the WORST (clones+Ness). They have twelve newcomers so far (if you're counting Zamus), so we have at least 30 characters. Add in the SECRET newcomers, and I say that we're going to have more than just "35" characters. Adding only ten characters to the total wouldn't make sense, even with the subtraction of some vets first.
That's a good point.

Also, considering that Ganondorf will absolutely NOT be cut, that might improve the numbers (since now we're down to 6 at worst.)

We've already got 25 characters (27 if you break PT into three), take into consideration that Luigi, Ganondorf, and CFalcon will be in, and if we have a guaranteed last 3rd Party guest that's 31 already. I could easily see another 8 or 9 characters in this roster.

Megaman for Brawlz!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Someone made an interesting discovery a few days ago on Gamefaqs. I don't know if this was posted on other threads, but I don't think it was posted here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ2-JLTET88

In this commercial for SSBB at 00:03 a sound can be heard that sounds VERY similar to Megaman's landing sound in the NES games. It may not be much, but do we honestly have anything else to discuss?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone made an interesting discovery a few days ago on Gamefaqs. I don't know if this was posted on other threads, but I don't think it was posted here.

In this commercial for SSBB at 00:03 a sound can be heard that sounds VERY similar to Megaman's landing sound in the NES games. It may not be much, but do we honestly have anything else to discuss?
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that comes from Snake's missile Launcher

Cless

Smash Champion

That was Snake shooting the Nikita missile.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Guys, please be advised that things are running rampant over at GameFAQs... There's been an influx of bad info and flame wars as of late. It got so bad that some of the mods started leaving the boards yesterday. Just a bit of friendly advice from me.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Hey guys, what music should they play in the video when they announce Megaman's in Brawl? (Just to stimulate a conversation) While you're at it, pick 10 things (character or otherwise) for assist trophies from the different universes.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Alright, disregard that. I'll admit that it's flawed, all of this waiting and waiting and prophets and more waiting and more prophets is making me nuts. *Sigh*

Cless

Smash Champion
Hey guys, what music should they play in the video when they announce Megaman's in Brawl? (Just to stimulate a conversation) While you're at it, pick 10 things (character or otherwise) for assist trophies from the different universes.
A remix of the MM2 opening theme. That's his theme music.

Umm, let's see:

Roll
Proto Man
Bass
Dr. Wily
Beat
Eddie
Auto
Zero
Vile
Sigma

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
A remix of the MM2 opening theme. That's his theme music.

Umm, let's see:

Roll
Proto Man
Bass
Dr. Wily
Beat
Eddie
Auto
Zero
Vile
Sigma
OMG! Dr. Wily as an AT would be sick, but at the same time, he's more cut out for SSE boss in my book...

As for my answers: The Rock Arrange Wily Stage 1 from MM2

and ATs

Harpuia
Leviathan
Roll
Bass & Treble (As one AT)
Protoman
Eddie
Alia (lol)
Zero (MMX Version)
Axl (lol)
Cutman (Old School, ftw!)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I still say Electrical Communication (RM8 intro) for the trailer. That or something from MM2.

Assist Trphies:
Roll
Bass
Beat
Eddie
Vile (Ride Armor)
Sigma
Zero (MMZ)
Phantom
Tron Bonne (in mech)
Servbot

Baconater

Smash Cadet
So I'll admit I'm not the biggest megaman fan, i never played any of his games. So (i'm not asking for a flame war) can someone explain to me why he should be in Brawl. I'm almost completely ignorant about him, so keep that in mind. My current thoughts on him are that if he had been in Melee he would have been a Samus Clone. It's an honest question and I don't mean to offend any megaman fans, but what would make him unique? What makes him awesome?

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm ashamed of myself now. I can't believe I forgot Legends. I got caught up putting in mostly Classic characters. Take out Wily and Auto for me and put in Tron Bonne and Juno (I think Servbots would be better with Tron Bonne and not a separate AT).

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
So I'll admit I'm not the biggest megaman fan, i never played any of his games. So (i'm not asking for a flame war) can someone explain to me why he should be in Brawl. I'm almost completely ignorant about him, so keep that in mind. My current thoughts on him are that if he had been in Melee he would have been a Samus Clone. It's an honest question and I don't mean to offend any megaman fans, but what would make him unique? What makes him awesome?
Short version: He has about 72+ different weapon, several universes of diverse and colorful characters to choose from, is linked at the foot to Nintendo historically, and has the second biggest fan-following to Sonic in America (he's number one requested in Japan as well)

Cless

Smash Champion
Also, he fights completely different from Samus. Samus is more of a stationary shooter in her games. Mega Man is a duck and roll shooter in his games.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
He has too much potential to be a Samus Clone. Then again, I suppose Ike is a Link clone just because they have swords and even similar Final Smashs.

Put simply, the reason we want...NEED Megaman in Brawl is because there's so much he can contribute to the game such as items, music, stages, and just because he would make an awesome addition with an incredible moveset brimming with nostalgia. Megaman being a playable in Brawl would be recognition from Nintendo for his part in their history. The only thing that could top Mario + Sonic + Snake is Mario + Sonic + Snake + Megaman.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
Also, he fights completely different from Samus. Samus is more of a stationary shooter in her games. Mega Man is a duck and roll shooter in his games.
Except that Samus is physically able to duck and roll, while Mega Man is not. :/

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Except that Samus is physically able to duck and roll, while Mega Man is not. :/
I see your point, but Trigger from Legends says hi.. He also brought X from Command Mission too.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

Just about every prophet has been debunked, Ness IS NOT returning!

This deconfirms NyaseNya, Chaotic Implosion and all the rest of them. This came frome the latest issue of Famitsu:

"For Super Smash Brother's Brawl we gave Lucas a new moveset based off Ness from Mother 2. Ness isn't appearing in Brawl this time but players will still see him in the background off the Onett level on occasions."

Sad it is at the cost of Ness, but Megaman wil by far cover that! :)

Baconater

Smash Cadet
Ok I think I get it. thanks for your help guys, but honestly to tell the truth, the way I imagine him playing is probably completely wrong. Now I'm thinking of him as a kinda fox moving, link special moving (besides b-up) character. Again I'm probably completely wrong and I'm quite ignorant when it comes to megaman, but I can see him being a very cool character (forward b be a random attack like Game and Watch's hammer?)

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Yes!!

O Yeah Babeh!

And he would be more like a mix between Link and Mario, except a blue shiny robot.

Top Bottom