• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

shinzou

Smash Cadet
wasn't a soccerball an item in a screenshot of the training mode update... only place i've seen a soccer ball as an item (aside from sports games) are games with megaman in it.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
wasn't a soccerball an item in a screenshot of the training mode update... only place i've seen a soccer ball as an item (aside from sports games) are games with megaman in it.
I think that one's from Mario Strikers as it gets covered in flames after it gets hit I believe. Dunno where I heard this from or if it is believable though.:ohwell:

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
The Strikers ball isn't much of a soccer ball, but then again, neither is Megaman's soccer ball. I think it's just a soccer ball.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
if this 48 character roster is true, mega man is almost gauranteed to be in
I do think it's true, I heard someone from Nintendo said that there was a "huge" roster in Brawl, I doubt he would call a 35 roster "huge"

A 48 roster makes many of my hopefuls (a.k.a in my sig :p) almost shoe-in's, including Megaman.

As for what version, either Classic or X would be perfect, but I think Classic has more chances.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
My personal opinion on Megaman being in Brawl (Without taking much time to read other posts... this is my last post of the night) is that he would be a very deserving third party character to fill in the roster. However, seeing as he has been created in so many incarnations, it gets hard to choose.

The most likely? I believe his classic form, seeing as he appeared in the most titles on Nintendo systems that way, it was his first incarnation, and probably very reasonable as "mascot material". But let me break down what I think of other Megamen:

-X: I was actually able to come up with a larger number of moveset possibilities for X than for Classic, however the X series doesn't know when to die... I've been a fan for a long time, but saying that it hasn't been degrading game after game in both story and gameplay quality is unhealthy. I'm also a big fan of Vile/VAVA from this series, and I even came up with a move list for him, but the odds of that are slim to none, so I won't even open that can of worms...

-Legends: Hardly has competent Nintendo representation, although he IS possible through the existence of Megaman 64... Just like Space Harrier is possible because he appears on the Virtual Console, or like how Zerglings are possible because there was a Starcraft 64. Still, his special weapons might make for an interesting moveset... And for the record, I did think up a moveset for a Starcraft character or two, just for laughs.

-EXE: While the somewhat interesting setup of the EXE series makes for interesting move possibilities... Just no. This series almost went down the Megaman X road, but took a hint from the Zero series and ended itself before it was too late, with a very lackluster ending game I might add. Personally though, Forte/Bass would be a pretty badass playable character... I actually have a moveset idea, but to be honest a villain/hidden boss from a game without protagonist representation is unlikely, so I won't even bore you with that... But speaking of the Zero series...

-Zero: If Zero appeared, I'd love to see his character design from his namesake series. The moveset is easy enough; I already have one planned out, but I won't get into that right now. However, I'm sure there are many of you out there wondering what in the world Smash would be like with another sword-wielding fella thrown into the mix...

-ZX: I came up with a ZX character idea too, buuut... The thing is, I borrowed attacks from each Metal that you use in the game to transform, but technically the character would only appear in one way that couldn't possibly include all the weapons. I mean, its reasonable to pull crap out of hammerspace like every other Smash character, but I wanted to add the Model H jet wings... Poor jet wings. I also thought up Assist Trophy ideas for the first form of the final boss from ZX, and the second form of the final boss from ZXA... Also a character idea for Prometheus. Lets not get into that though.

Overall short answer: I'd love to see Zero series Zero, but if anyone made it in, it would probably be Classic, and I wouldn't mind one bit.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
I don't think Mega-Man's in; but I'm a betting man, so let's make this interesting. If Mega-Man is in Brawl, I will take a picture of myself naked and post a link to it here. If he isn't in, I'll be able to spare myself public humiliation, and you all won't be tempted to look at my hairy derriere. It's a win win.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
My personal opinion on Megaman being in Brawl (Without taking much time to read other posts... this is my last post of the night) is that he would be a very deserving third party character to fill in the roster. However, seeing as he has been created in so many incarnations, it gets hard to choose.

The most likely? I believe his classic form, seeing as he appeared in the most titles on Nintendo systems that way, it was his first incarnation, and probably very reasonable as "mascot material". But let me break down what I think of other Megamen:

-X: I was actually able to come up with a larger number of moveset possibilities for X than for Classic, however the X series doesn't know when to die... I've been a fan for a long time, but saying that it hasn't been degrading game after game in both story and gameplay quality is unhealthy. I'm also a big fan of Vile/VAVA from this series, and I even came up with a move list for him, but the odds of that are slim to none, so I won't even open that can of worms...

-Legends: Hardly has competent Nintendo representation, although he IS possible through the existence of Megaman 64... Just like Space Harrier is possible because he appears on the Virtual Console, or like how Zerglings are possible because there was a Starcraft 64. Still, his special weapons might make for an interesting moveset... And for the record, I did think up a moveset for a Starcraft character or two, just for laughs.

-EXE: While the somewhat interesting setup of the EXE series makes for interesting move possibilities... Just no. This series almost went down the Megaman X road, but took a hint from the Zero series and ended itself before it was too late, with a very lackluster ending game I might add. Personally though, Forte/Bass would be a pretty badass playable character... I actually have a moveset idea, but to be honest a villain/hidden boss from a game without protagonist representation is unlikely, so I won't even bore you with that... But speaking of the Zero series...

-Zero: If Zero appeared, I'd love to see his character design from his namesake series. The moveset is easy enough; I already have one planned out, but I won't get into that right now. However, I'm sure there are many of you out there wondering what in the world Smash would be like with another sword-wielding fella thrown into the mix...

-ZX: I came up with a ZX character idea too, buuut... The thing is, I borrowed attacks from each Metal that you use in the game to transform, but technically the character would only appear in one way that couldn't possibly include all the weapons. I mean, its reasonable to pull crap out of hammerspace like every other Smash character, but I wanted to add the Model H jet wings... Poor jet wings. I also thought up Assist Trophy ideas for the first form of the final boss from ZX, and the second form of the final boss from ZXA... Also a character idea for Prometheus. Lets not get into that though.

Overall short answer: I'd love to see Zero series Zero, but if anyone made it in, it would probably be Classic, and I wouldn't mind one bit.
I'll take anyone of those megaman at this point. I'm a desperate man.

Any Megaman for Brawl

spindash

Smash Ace
I don't think Mega-Man's in; but I'm a betting man, so let's make this interesting. If Mega-Man is in Brawl, I will take a picture of myself naked and post a link to it here. If he isn't in, I'll be able to spare myself public humiliation, and you all won't be tempted to look at my hairy derriere. It's a win win.

I think you can spare us if we're right or wrong in the first place. And also save yourself. Even if you're a betting man, I don't think anyone's going to take enjoyment in seeing your, "hairy derriere". :p

Nice bet though. Sounds funny. But just don't. XD

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think the delay has a LOT to do with Megaman.

No, they didn't just start on him. **** straight he's in and they're finalizing the deal.

As for the US delay, it's likely to record English voices for him. We all know Capcom is very sloppy with their voice acting, so Sakurai probably doesn't want them cocking up his voicing.

And guys, please keep your doubts out of the thread. It's tantamount to trolling.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Well, I hardly think that the delay is the result of something like voice acting... not a month's worth of delay anyway. Its more than likely hammering out bugs or the mechanics of online play; stuff that Sakurai has stated he'd be sorry if he couldn't get them into Brawl.

I think its impossible to say whether Megaman will get into Brawl. It just seems in the realm of slight possibility... And be careful, IsmaR.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
As for the US delay, it's likely to record English voices for him. We all know Capcom is very sloppy with their voice acting, so Sakurai probably doesn't want them cocking up his voicing.
Melee had both English & Japanese in both America & Japan, so I'd imagine Brawl will too.

And guys, please keep your doubts out of the thread. It's tantamount to trolling.
A difference of opinion, if presented politely, is not trolling at all. It is a necessary ingredient to a worthwhile discussion.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
A difference of opinion, if presented politely, is not trolling at all. It is a necessary ingredient to a worthwhile discussion.
True that, but either some membes are being jerky or short about their opposing views, or the ones on our side as of late are getting overly worked up about it (not pointing fingers).

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
QFT. dont get me wrong, X is sick. but classic DESERVES it more
classic does deserve more, but I still think X fits better looks wise alot more.
Internet: SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Seriously let's wait before the glorifcation/butthurt commences.
butthurt comments? was that realy nessicary?
Hopefully with Brawl coming near Mega Man or X or X/Zero will be announced.
true that.
True that, but either some membes are being jerky or short about their opposing views, or the ones on our side as of late are getting overly worked up about it (not pointing fingers).
same problem riseing as the taboo group?

BTW: about that nude pic comment, you might want to avoid that either way, cause we lose either way on this end.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
i was thinkin that same thing. i even youtube'd to find his jumping noise, its pretty similar
Well it's good to know I wasn't crazy and that the leader (of all people) has my back on that topic. Yeah, I compared them to and NES Megaman's sound is closer to a squeak where the sound in the trailer is closer to a beep.

The way I see it is, if there are 48 characters Megaman is almost a given. I mean let's say they cut Roy, Doc, Pichu, and ness making Melee's returners 22 (counting Shiek). Then add our 12 newcomers and you have 34 making 14 spots left for newcomers. Do we even have 14 more deserving characters? You'd have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to complete that number. And if you scrape the barrel, why not add Megaman? Some people claim it's fake and even try to to prove it, but it drastically increases Megaman chances if true.

And on the subject of Megaman versions for Brawl, I'm only hoping Classic Megaman, MAYBE X or Trigger.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I have a bias towards X in the sense that when I was growing up on the Megaman Classic, I couldn't beat them without Game Genie because I was too young. The X series was the first I could beat, and it was cooler because it was darker and had a sweet arsenal of weapons an armor. However, Zero has always been one of my favorite characters from the X series, and I love the Zero series style artwork. All in all, I can see any of the Megamen suitable on a gameplay level, but the likeliest candidates in my eyes at the moment are X, if they plan to make a big comeback with him soon, Classic, if they plan to do the same for him and also just because he's a good representation of where the series started, or the Megaman from Starforce, if they want to promote that, but I also heard that the first Starforce games sold poorly,so they might want to avoid that.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
The way I see it:

Classic - Has the best chances, hands down. He's as recognizable as Mario or Sonic, whether you're 15 or 50 years old.

X - Not so much, and additionally he had a greater presence on Sony consoles. It doesn't knock him out of the running, but then again, as I said a few pages back, X playable before Classic is like prioritizing Paper Mario over Mario.

Trigger - He WOULD fall into the same boat as X, however, he has so many likeable qualities that serve as combinations of both Classic and X, that he'd be very well acceptable as the Megaman series Brawl rep.

Zero (Zero Series) - His series being dead doesn't account for much, but putting him in feels more like a copout than anything.

ZX - Same goes for ZX, except you at least have Model X. But who would you pick? Vent, Aile, or one of the two protagonists from ZXA (I don't know their names, sorry).

EXE - His series being dead, again, doesn't count for a whole lot, but unless you wanna say EXE was in his copybot from EXE6, I don't think it'd make a whole lot of sense for him to be playable, since he's data (unless they full on go for trophy logic in SSBB). Besides, why have EXE when you can have...

Star Force - ...especially when he's got a sleeker design and (in my opinion) a better throwback to the Classic Megaman than EXE. Plus, there's the possibility of three of at least six Final Smashes, the Leo, Dragon, and Pegasus from the first set of games, or to advertise, the three from the second games (Dinosaur, Berserker [I think], and that Ninja one [again, I think]).

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i hoping for classic megaman because he deserved that spot of a brawl and i will play as him in wifi battling and so have is more chances in brawl spot we better see megaman on the dojo this week or next week because this game comes out on japan on january 31 08 and we better see megaman right on

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Trigger has NO shot, unless some new game involving him has yet to be announced & is in development. It sucks, because I love him a lot.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
Trigger has NO shot, unless some new game involving him has yet to be announced & is in development. It sucks, because I love him a lot.
Don't get me wrong, his chances are somewhere between how well a snowball would fare in Hell all the way up to extremely unlikely, but a lot of fans divided on the Classic vs. X issue would gladly welcome him with open arms.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
your words are as empty as your soul.
Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

What is a man!? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

Ahem... Sorry, shameless Castlevania plug right there. All seriousness though, the only thing I'd consider to be "well informed" is a "works for Nintendo" situation... D:

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone thought that maybe Sakurai would make a Megaman specifically for Smash? This is exactly what he's done for Sonic (looks like a cross between Classic Sonic and Adventure Sonic).

Maybe an original design thought-up by his team.

A design with the nostalgic charm of Classic with the modern look of X.

(Think the face/attitude/voice of Classic with the armor/chestplate/helmet of X)

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
I really love the way Classic looks in the manga.

It's really unlikely, but I'd love it if they went with that design.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Well imagine Mega Man looking more like his Mega Man 7 sprite (Except in 3D obviously) and with the worn look of an X wing, but still shiny.

Top Bottom