• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Sad to see ya go Ness, but it has to be said....

Hell ****ING YES!

MEGAMAN 4 TEH BRAWLZ!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nevermind, he is not deconfirmed. -_-

The "prophets" still stand...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

Just about every prophet has been debunked, Ness IS NOT returning!

This deconfirms NyaseNya, Chaotic Implosion and all the rest of them. This came frome the latest issue of Famitsu:

Sad it is at the cost of Ness, but Megaman wil by far cover that! :)

unfortunately, that also means rapscouter is deconfirmed ;-;

Cless

Smash Champion
Ok I think I get it. thanks for your help guys, but honestly to tell the truth, the way I imagine him playing is probably completely wrong. Now I'm thinking of him as a kinda fox moving, link special moving (besides b-up) character. Again I'm probably completely wrong and I'm quite ignorant when it comes to megaman, but I can see him being a very cool character (forward b be a random attack like Game and Watch's hammer?)
Try looking up videos of MvC to get an idea of how he might play.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Yes but it also means that we don't know if Mega Man is in or out. When there is no reason for him to be out it also means he should be in ; )

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Guys...if you haven't checked by now, go check brawlcentral again. They've been made to look like idiots, but they FINALLY have the correct translation up. There's nothing that does not confirm Ness is gone.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
Ok I think I get it. thanks for your help guys, but honestly to tell the truth, the way I imagine him playing is probably completely wrong. Now I'm thinking of him as a kinda fox moving, link special moving (besides b-up) character. Again I'm probably completely wrong and I'm quite ignorant when it comes to megaman, but I can see him being a very cool character (forward b be a random attack like Game and Watch's hammer?)
Linking this video again:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g2E3atGQi1I

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Even though Ness is gone, there is a new picture circulating the web of a Japanese newspaper stating that there are 48 characters in Brawl.

So far it is not confirmed to be true or not true, if it is true all the prophets are still deconfirmed, because no one has guessed a roster size of 48 yet. Nyasenya said 35 and other people have alluded to a 42-45 roster.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Hey guys, what music should they play in the video when they announce Megaman's in Brawl? (Just to stimulate a conversation) While you're at it, pick 10 things (character or otherwise) for assist trophies from the different universes.
MM2 intro
wily-ufo thing(boss)
protoman(AT)
zero(AT)
reploid factory(stage)
tron bonne spider mech type thing(boss or AT)
Ride armor K-type(item)
energy tank(X version) or energy can(classic)(item)
sigma(boss)
Wily castle stage 2(megaman 4)
X alternate(if only alternates could still happen....)
zero theme(alternate stage music)

I see your point, but Trigger from Legends says hi.. He also brought X from Command Mission too.
QFT.
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

This deconfirms NyaseNya, Chaotic Implosion and all the rest of them. This came frome the latest issue of Famitsu:

what realy!?!?!?!? heck yes!!!!!

*does a happy dance*

Even though Ness is gone, there is a new picture circulating the web of a Japanese newspaper stating that there are 48 characters in Brawl.

So far it is not confirmed to be true or not true, if it is true all the prophets are still deconfirmed, because no one has guessed a roster size of 48 yet. Nyasenya said 35 and other people have alluded to a 42-45 roster.
I think I may have some info I found on another thread that could back up this number of 48.

famitsu supposedly said that SSE would take 2-5 hours to beat each run through.
it then continued to say it would take a total of 240 hours to beat 100%(excludeing difficulty changes)
so, assumeing that there are character specific endings(which seems to be the case, even though we do have teams) we then divide the single play through time by the total time it takes to beat 100%.
so 240 divided by 5=48.
48 character specific ending mean 48 characters.

but this all rides on there being character specific endings, which if this is the case, then we know that there are 48 characters. but if there arnt then this all goes up in the air.

I just felt like pointing this out, desimatethis idea if you want its just something to consider.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
MM2 intro
I think I may have some info I found on another thread that could back up this number of 48.

famitsu supposedly said that SSE would take 2-5 hours to beat each run through.
it then continued to say it would take a total of 240 hours to beat 100%(excludeing difficulty changes)
so, assumeing that there are character specific endings(which seems to be the case, even though we do have teams) we then divide the single play through time by the total time it takes to beat 100%.
so 240 divided by 5=48.
48 character specific ending mean 48 characters.

but this all rides on there being character specific endings, which if this is the case, then we know that there are 48 characters. but if there arnt then this all goes up in the air.

I just felt like pointing this out, desimatethis idea if you want its just something to consider.

Error, stop trying to steal my job as informant! ;)

But thanks for the read... SSE truly seems like it gonna be something to remember... (prays that if Megaman's in, we get a combination Quickman/Heatman/Airman Level for SSE)

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Wow, talk about a lot of ups and down in these last seven pages...

I got really excited when I read that Ness had been deconfirmed (I love Ness, but Nyase and Chaotic being debunked is awesome)... and then got really sad when I saw the retraction. Bummer.

Ugh. This is driving me nuts. January 31 can't come soon enough... I just want to stop wondering and going crazy and relying on every bit of "prophet" drivel that comes out. There sure seem to be a lot of signs pointing to Mega Man being in, though. :)

Megaman is in brawl.
Point blank.
I will not reveal how i know just trust me on this.
Your welcome.
You can rejoice now.
Of course there's no way I (or probably any of us) can trust you for no reason and without a source, but thanks for the confidence boost. Here's to hoping you're right. ^_^

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

SSBMasterofDisaster

Smash Rookie
When I think of nintendo I think of five franchises; Mario, Link, Metroid, Final fantasy, and Megaman. It would be a shame if Megaman didnt make the cut. Considering his substantial abilities, I think that MMX would fit the style of SSBB better than most of his other incarnations.
I agree, X is the best fit for Brawl.

SSBMasterofDisaster

Smash Rookie
Can I put in some extremely long ideas that I had written in Nintendo boards before they were dropped? Or should i make a new thread because I really want them seen?

SSBMasterofDisaster

Smash Rookie
Ha! He fits great. Look at Samus, she is all but complete robot. if Samus can fit, X can for sure. It is just a matter of third party affiliation...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
O great an N sider that just doubled posted asking to create ANOTHER thread for a character this thread is about.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Someone made an interesting discovery a few days ago on Gamefaqs. I don't know if this was posted on other threads, but I don't think it was posted here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ2-JLTET88

In this commercial for SSBB at 00:03 a sound can be heard that sounds VERY similar to Megaman's landing sound in the NES games. It may not be much, but do we honestly have anything else to discuss?
i was thinkin that same thing. i even youtube'd to find his jumping noise, its pretty similar

^^^^
Because his Nikita Launcher is already out and firing when that clip starts.

EDIT:
And anyway, I don't remember Megaman's jumping/landing sounding anything like that in any of his NES games.
it does sound like that, but i dont know if it confirms anything....

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

things are heatin up, Mega Man 4 Brawl!!

SSBMasterofDisaster

Smash Rookie
Mega Man X: All

MY MOVESET FOR MEGAMAN X:

This is a moveset for Megaman X. I know that it has been too late to suggest characters for a while. Although he has no chance of getting in unless he is already in, we don't know until the game is available. I do think people should see this moveset though because I would like to hope that I did a good job representing Megaman X, one of my most favorite characters.

Weight: Very Heavy(Humanoid)
Height: Average
Speed: Below Average
Jump Hieght: Average
Air Jump: Yes
Strength: Average
Advantage: Mobility is above average and also he can recover fast

MELEE ATTACKS:

Dash Attack: smash left or right and A. X will run forward and execute a short dash (the dash move in all of the X's(aquired in X1)). This move can stun the opponent for a brief second.

One-two bash: nuetral and A. The first A will cause X to hit an opponent with the blaster arm and the second A will cause the other arm to hit the oppontent followed by a small uppercut with the blaster arm. This won't be very damaging, but could buy time to charge the X-buster.

X-Kick: Lightly press left or right and A. X will perform a mid-height kick on the opponent.

Fly Exterminator (Joke) ha! Buster Evasion: Lightly press up and A. X will swing his buster arm above his head to knock away any aerial trouble.

Floor kick: Lightly press down and then A. X will perform a normal ground kick.

SMASH ATTACKS:

Double X: Smash up and A. X will pull both arms over his head and start charging the attack will result in one arm going straight over his head followed by the next. This will cause two hit combo.

Stun Swipe: Smash forward and A Result: X will pull back his buster arm and charge. When released the buster arm will come swinging up almost like an upper cut and if it makes contact, it will send the opponent backwards and off balance.

Low Spin: Smash down and A. X will hold both arms out at about 45 degree angles and his whole torso will rotate a half of a turn. If this attack makes contact, it will knock the opponent off there feet on either side.

AERIAL ATTACKS:

Buster Smash: A and forward in the air. X will swing his buster over his head following through in a forward direction. The victim of this attack (if air born) will be knocked to the ground (meteor).

Spike Up: A and Up in the air. X will thrust with the non-buster arm upward.

Reverse Metal: A and backward in the air. X will thrust his elbow backward to deal a weak but stunning blow.

X Crush: A and down while in the air. X will kick both legs down upon the opponent and it will bury the opponent in the ground for a brief second. (don't say that this is unfair because DK got away with it)

SPECIAL ATTACKS:

Charge Buster: Neutral B (hold or fire consective pellets (five per screen)). X can charge the buster while moving and he has the normal three levels of energy blasts pellets. Medium charge, and full charge. He may also claim the ability of an enemy KOed. And seeing that he is X and not the classic Megaman he may also get specialized (stolen abilities) with a totally different structure when fully charged. PELLETS WILL NOT STUN.

Energy Jab: B and Forward. X will stab forward with an energy sword causing minimal damage but leaving the opponent off balance.

Energy Destruction: This will build up as X is hit by projectiles only. When the charge is complete a small "ding" will sound. It will release as that on X2 causing 30% damage on every character (excluding the X who used the attack) on the field. They will not be physically hit and therefore the characters will not move while taking on damage. (If you think this is unfair, don't fire projectiles at X)Exceptions: Items

FINAL SMASH:

X will transform into Ultimate X and make charged shots rain from the sky.

TAUNT:

X will do exactly what he does after defeating a boss. He holds one arm up, faces the screen, and the gem on his head will glimmer. After being KOed his intro could also involve being beamed in like at the beginning of a stage.

SSBMasterofDisaster

Smash Rookie
As an avid gamer, I belileve that Mega Man would be the perfect offset for balancing the characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Some may argue that nothing can be done with Mega Man because in his origional games, all of his attacks are ranged. If one takes a closer look at Samus, one would also realize that she has no melee attacks in her games either. So there can be no argument about the compatibility of Mega Man or X, in Smash Bros. Brawl. I have played almost all of the the Mega Man X games (the collection and X2 original) and about half of the original Mega Man's. I realize that it may be difficult to obtain the rights from Capcom, but, if it is possible, Mega Man would be an awsome addition to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. With Mega Man one has only the sky as a limitation on moves and abilties. With X one has no existing limitaions. Here are a list of moves and abilities that I think would work well with Mega Man.

MELEE ATTACKS:

Dash attack: While dashing with a smash to the left or right, press A; the result will be a trust with his blaster arm forward, damaging and stalling an enemy for a short period of time.

Punch attack: While standing still or moving the control stick very lightly press A; the result wil be a small punch attack that will be followed by another punch attack and finally an attack that will both arms to bash the opostion, causing little damage but stalling (if combo is completed0

Kick: While pressing A and moving toward an opponent, Mega Man will perform a low-kick on the opponent

Up Kick: Pressing up lightly followed by A will cause Mega man to do a hand-stand and kick with both legs while flipping over again. This attack would be used to prevent airborn invasion.

Knee bash:pressing down lightly followed by A will cause Mega Man to knock legs out from under his opponent with a swipe uf his blaster arm.

SMASH ATTACKS:

Mace Strike: While pressing smash left or right combined with A, Mega Man will produce a spiked ball on a chain and swings it over his where it comes crashing to the ground in front of him(the spiked ball may variate in size depending on the length it is charged).

Triple Shot: Smash down and A to perform this attack. The result of this will be that Mega Man gets on one knee and fires rapidly consecutive, explosive shots that bombard the space in front of him. The max number of shots may be three (since that was the limit on screen in the origional game). The number of shots may also variate with the amount of charging time.

Knock Away: Smash up and A to perform this attack. The result will be that Mega Man pulls his blaster arm back to attack and as the charged attack is let go the opponent will be sent flying in the direction that Mega Man's arm hits him. The power of this attack will variate with charging but there there should be limits to how far the opponent goes to the left or right if hit at that angle (to keep the game fair).

SPECIAL ATTACKS:

Charged Blast: Pressing B will perform this attack. Mega Man should be able to move when charging this attack but it can be interrupted if he is attacked. At the strongest point of the blast, it may be held, or released at will by pressing B again. Using the classic blaster may work out great. Pellets may also be fired, five at a time, if the blaster is not charged and, instead, pressed repeatedly. May not stun with pellets.

Energy Stab: Press left or right and B. Mega Man will trust a daggar forged of energy toward his opponent. This attack will cause low damage but a stunning effect.

Energy Absorption: Down and B. This will allow Mega Man to absorb energy and add that to his charge atack (Which is limited to the charged blast maximum).

Rush to the Rescue: Rush will zoom in and take Mega Man upward. Rush will have a barrier that damages anyone in the path of the short attack.

ABILITIES:

Mega Man should also be able to change the type of charged bast he uses depending on the last character he KO'ed. For example, if Mega Man knocks out Fox, he may gain the abilty to shoot lazer beams. He cannot charge them like X However. If he KO's Bowser (assuming the controls are Melee) Mega Man should be able to use a flame thrower.

DETAILS:

A few things that would make Mega Man even cooler is his taunt and entrance. His taunt can him saying shouting "YEAH". His entrance could also be beamed in like at the beginning of a level.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
I don't see how there's any debate that classic Mega Man is the version most "fit" for Brawl. I'd almost dare to say it's the only version fit for Brawl. X would definitely be second, but even though he's my favorite Mega Man (and favorite character), I still concede that the classic Blue Bomber is really the one that should (will?) be in Brawl.

When I think Nintendo, I think Mega Man, not X. Sure, X had X1 through X3 on the Super NES -- but he had the rest of his series (more than half) on non-Nintendo consoles. Mega Man, on the other hand... all except one of his installments (1-7 and Mega Man & Bass/Rockman & Forte) were on Nintendo consoles -- not to the ENTIRE, five-game Rockman World side-series on Game Boy. When I think of gaming memories from my childhood, I think of the NES, SNES, and Genesis... and when I think of the NES, I think Mega Man and Mario before anything else.

According to this month's EGM cover story on Brawl, Sakurai means for the Smash games to be collections of Nintendo (and now, some third-party) characters, trivia, and memorabilia that celebrates classic video games and informs newer generations of the most important games and characters that came before... and in that sense especially, it was Mega Man who served as an industry mascot, and Mega Man who helped define platforming and today's video games, not X.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I don't see how there's any debate that classic Mega Man is the version most "fit" for Brawl. I'd almost dare to say it's the only version fit for Brawl. X would definitely be second, but even though he's my favorite Mega Man (and favorite character), I still concede that the classic Blue Bomber is really the one that should (will?) be in Brawl.

When I think Nintendo, I think Mega Man, not X. Sure, X had X1 through X3 on the Super NES -- but he had the rest of his series (more than half) on non-Nintendo consoles. Mega Man, on the other hand... all except one of his installments (1-7 and Mega Man & Bass/Rockman & Forte) were on Nintendo consoles -- not to the ENTIRE, five-game Rockman World side-series on Game Boy. When I think of gaming memories from my childhood, I think of the NES, SNES, and Genesis... and when I think of the NES, I think Mega Man and Mario before anything else.

According to this month's EGM cover story on Brawl, Sakurai means for the Smash games to be collections of Nintendo (and now, some third-party) characters, trivia, and memorabilia that celebrates classic video games and informs newer generations of the most important games and characters that came before... and in that sense especially, it was Mega Man who served as an industry mascot, and Mega Man who helped define platforming and today's video games, not X.
QFT. dont get me wrong, X is sick. but classic DESERVES it more

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Classic certainly deserves it more. I think that anyone who ever played the Mega Man games for NES will think of them first when they think of good NES games. Before CAPCOM went 3rd party, Mega Man was one of Nintendo's main mascots (in the fans' eyes, anyways). And as much as we would LOVE to pretend it never happened, he DID get on Captain N... although, with his co-stars being Pit and Simon Belmont... -__-;;;;

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
No, I call shenanigans. Leviathan was the best, and Phantom was the worst. He killed himself, and that was super weak.
Nonsense!! Phantom was an honorable warrior especially when you fight him as a secret boss in Megaman Zero 3. His conversation and fight with Zero was epic.

FYI: They should make a black page of Phantom too. It should say as follows:

Phantom (Megaman Zero)

Anybody who can ride on a shuriken is a bad@$$. :smoke:

Megaman for Brawl!

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, whoa, wait, 48?
If we count the 42 in the Prima roster, then add Lucario, Ray, Takamaru, Sukapon and Midna, there is still one left, and I don't think anyone else even remotely deserves the spot (I don't think Midna does, either)
So what, another third party?

Bomberman?

EDIT: Forgot about Miachiah-however the hell you spell her name.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the kinda...sorta...off topicness but...

Does anyone know Zero's ending on SNK vs. Capcom Chaos??
It's basically like a remake of his ending in Zero 1. Zero muses about his lot in life, but quickly gets over it, returns to the mission at hand and thinks about doing more to make sure he makes the best out of the world that his bud X has entrusted him to.

Kasek said:
Classic certainly deserves it more. I think that anyone who ever played the Mega Man games for NES will think of them first when they think of good NES games. Before CAPCOM went 3rd party, Mega Man was one of Nintendo's main mascots (in the fans' eyes, anyways).
Umm...excuse me?

Capcom was ALWAYS 3rd party; it was never a second party to Nintendo, or any one else for that matter. Even back in the day with the NES, Capcom was still primarily loyal to only itself, and marketing their goods on the arcade hardware, as well as Nintendo and Sega hardware. Why else would the Genesis/MegaDrive get an awesome port of Strider the arcade game, but the Nintendo fans only got a different game (which was actually quite good) that was nowhere close?

Simply put, Capcom was just always a 3rd party entity acting in its own interests. So, like Square(soft), there was no "betrayal" involved when they later jumped to other pastures in the late 90s.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
It's basically like a remake of his ending in Zero 1. Zero muses about his lot in life, but quickly gets over it, returns to the mission at hand and thinks about doing more to make sure he makes the best out of the world that his bud X has entrusted him to.
Hey thanks bro. You're the man. Still...I find that ending to be kinda repetious seeing how it's based off of the Megaman Zero 1 ending.

Megaman 4 Brawl!

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Before CAPCOM went 3rd party, Mega Man was one of Nintendo's main mascots
Nerdly correction-> Capcom was never Nintendo 1st party.

But I completely agree with everything you say.

oufan208

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know/have that link to the nintendrone.com ssbb roster thing? Cuz i saw it like 100 pages ago but now i can't find it, thanx

Top Bottom