• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Cless

Smash Champion
he was in one of those whatever V capcom games, I saw it on Wikipedia and also saw the intro video to the game and he was in it.(cant remember which one though) but it was a fighting game none-of-the-less.
Trigger was not in a fighting game. He was in Namco X Capcom, which is not a fighting game. It's a strategy RPG, and he is in the opening of that game.. The only Capcom vs games that have Mega Man in them are Marvel vs. Capcom. Zero is in SVC Chaos.

Sakurai just owned every powering up in SSE theory ever. No one saw this coming. I can't say that I'm disappointed.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if sticker bonuses can be turned off for multiplayer? I could see that easily becoming biased & unfair, & I'm an item & all stages supporter.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
Huh, here's an interesting stipulation presented by a friend of mine over on another forum

One can notice the two modes have slightly different looks, the placing mode lacks the bar that appears empty in the first shot, and has a "U" in the second. It could be that, in the stickerbook, that segment will say "USE ONLY: *icons*" or the like... Since Kirby's cell phone only works on Kirby franchise characters, it could be that the not huge sized Katrina only works on... the Animal Crossing character, who must exist! Then again, it says it raises MAGIC attacks... what Animal Crossing character would use magic, less magic is involved in the golden tools?
I bolded the part regarding the Animal Crosser because it coincides with our current theory.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Bravo Sakurai for a update well planned. The stickers everyone got into a fit about turnout t be some of the most integral parts of the SSE. There's too much irony in that...

@SiD - I really wanna play that game and powered up, but it just can't justify buying a brand new psp for them...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hey SiD and bksbestbwoy!

I love you guys!

Megaman 4 Brawlz!

Sorry I havn't been posting in here as often as I'd like to. You guys just know too darn much about Megaman and the Megaman series for me to even hope to keep up. The extent of my knowledge reaches the entire MMClassic series and the first few games of the MMX series. Though, this still doesn't deminish any of my support for the good ol' Blue Bomber.

Keep on keepin' on, and I'll do my own thing, too. Just remember, I've got all your backs (and more importantly, Megaman's!)

Much love,
-Dyce

SiD

Smash Master
lol, I hella bought a brand new psp because I wanted to play Mega Man.

And because the new slim silver psp is sexy. But mostly the first thing.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
With Sheik and Olimar getting confirmed in this month and with the delay till March 9th, that could only mean one thing.....

.....I smell Megaman X on the horizon...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Get a used PSP & a big memory stick, hack the PSP, pirate the games, & run them from the memory stick. Hacking makes the PSP worth owning.
same for the DS lol. im waitning on ninja gaiden.....

even if the prima list order is off, which it isnt so far, as the as the characters arent different i wont call it debunked. and if mega man is on in it, im satisfied

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Once again, I'm unsure of the dependability of IMDb. But here's an interesting little update. Leon's off their list. Geno and Ness, however, are on. If this is dependable, it means we don't have a Capcom rep yet, even for AT, which clears the way for anyone. Zero, perhaps? Phoenix? Bionic Commando?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/fullcredits#cast

If this has already been discussed in other threads, forgive me. I'm a weary traveler in search of an old friend, and this thread seemed the most likely place to find him. The others are of no consequence to me. (Until character strategies come out, of course.)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Once again, I'm unsure of the dependability of IMDb. But here's an interesting little update. Leon's off their list. Geno and Ness, however, are on.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/fullcredits#cast

If this has already been discussed in other threads, forgive me. I'm a weary traveler in search of an old friend, and this thread seemed the most likely place to find him. The others are of no consequence to me. (Until character strategies come out, of course.)
for video games, the dependibility of IMDb is very very low. it can be edited like Wikipedia....

MM 4 Brawl

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
same for the DS lol. im waitning on ninja gaiden.....
Well, yea, but PSP piracy requires a particular model of the handheld to be purchased with a particular version of the firmware. DS Flash carts will run on any DS model, & of course the DS' firmware never changes.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Yep, IMDb is a terrible source for games. Good effort, though. :)

Great update tonight. As has been said, no one saw this coming, and Sakurai pretty much owned all the Sticker nay-sayers with this update. Very, very nice. The Subspace Emissary looks to be a lot longer and more involving than I (and many people, I feel) thought. This game is going to be absolutely MASSIVE.

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Agreed on the sticker update. Actually, I wonder how extensive the third party contributions will be for the stickers....

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I would be happy if X and Zero (not MMZ, but the actual character Zero from MMX series) would be in. But I doubt they would be.
I cant say I doubt they would be in, but I cant say I dont doubt it either.
Unfortunately, BN Mega Man has a better chance than those guys........ which is a REAL shame. X would be awesome, and so would Zero. But the original Mega Man has the greatest chance in my book >_>
BN-dead=deconfirmed=alot less likely than X.
It wouldn't have to. All they would have to do would be to have X and Zero do a "Giga Attack" together (a la, X8), and then they would switch places. Repeat process again in order to get X back.

But in any case...I'm still doubting that X would get chosen over the likes of more popular Rockmen like Classic, or even EXE.

To me, the most probable way to break down the liklihood of Rockman candidates is as follows: OG > EXE > Trigger (DASH/Legends) > X > either of the "new age" characters (ZX, ZXA, Ryuusei)

Again though, as much as I love the classic model though, part of me actually still hopes that Trigger gets in instead. If nothing else, because an appearance in Smash may be all that's necessary to FINALLY get a DASH3 approved for the Wii. :grin:
switch requires the FS? its ok with ZSS, but not X and zero. they should be able to switch without a FS. for me its C>(small margirine between classic and X) X>trigger the rest dont count.
where did the midna comparison come from?

@error- the crossover game that trigger is in is called Namco x Capcom. It is NOT a fighting game. its like a strategy rpg
hmm...IDK about that, it seems kinda like a MK game I heard of before. it played like a strategy game, but it was realy a fighting game.
Nope, I'm sorry, Zero just should not be in Brawl. I actually quite like him, but to say he should be in Brawl as a swap character is pretty absurd, he's nothing compared to Megaman, Megaman IS the series. Granted IF (and I'm not gonna bring up the 'OMG THERE'S NOT GONNA BE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER FOR EACH THIRD PARTY!!1111' arguement) there are other third party characters, eg Knuckles, then he'd be fine as a standalone character, but as a swapable character? No.
why not!? them being switchable is completely possible, I dont even understand why you think not. X and zero team, it isnt just zero you know.
Lads, why are you putting all your eggs into this basket sent by someone who claims to know someone from Prima? It's a nice list, and a very sound one, all things considered, but what if it's a fake? Or what if it's accurate in the end? There's still other sound proof that's actually proof of the Blue Bomber's existence in Brawl that doesn't involve someone who knows a shadowy someone else. I'm comfortable in knowing that Megaman has a great chance of being in Brawl, whether someone who claims to have a leak says so or not. I've been let down twice before, but hey, third time's the charm, yes?

It's at most just two weeks before we know for sure.
listen to this guy, QFT!
Trigger was not in a fighting game. He was in Namco X Capcom, which is not a fighting game. It's a strategy RPG, and he is in the opening of that game.. The only Capcom vs games that have Mega Man in them are Marvel vs. Capcom. Zero is in SVC Chaos.

Sakurai just owned every powering up in SSE theory ever. No one saw this coming. I can't say that I'm disappointed.
stickers FTW.
With Sheik and Olimar getting confirmed in this month and with the delay till March 9th, that could only mean one thing.....

.....I smell Megaman X on the horizon...
I like your sense of smell. but I am still not happy about shiek.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Rockman.EXE, firstly, isn't necessarily dead, as Star Star introduced time travel to that Rockman universe. This means both the Rockman & Rockman.EXE universes have time travel in them, so no character can be ruled out by death.

On the other hand, X & Zero haven't been seen since 23XX. They weren't present in ZX or ZXA, & they weren't present in any of the DASH games. They're about as dead as Rockman.EXE, presumably.

That having been said, death means nothing. Lucario is dead, but he could very well make an appearance in Brawl. Ganon died in the first Zelda game published, but that doesn't mean that he isn't respresented further in the series, as it jumps around quite often.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Rockman.EXE, firstly, isn't necessarily dead, as Star Star introduced time travel to that Rockman universe. This means both the Rockman & Rockman.EXE universes have time travel in them, so no character can be ruled out by death.

On the other hand, X & Zero haven't been seen since 23XX. They weren't present in ZX or ZXA, & they weren't present in any of the DASH games. They're about as dead as Rockman.EXE, presumably.

That having been said, death means nothing. Lucario is dead, but he could very well make an appearance in Brawl. Ganon died in the first Zelda game published, but that doesn't mean that he isn't respresented further in the series, as it jumps around quite often.
you got it all wrong, the series itself is dead(as in discontinued)....but the character itself is probably dead as well.(or is IDK how the whole ordeal should be described.)

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
How is the series dead? They haven't released a Complete Works for it yet. The Zero series is dead, & classic & X will be soon.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
How is the series dead? They haven't released a Complete Works for it yet. The Zero series is dead, & classic & X will be soon.
so far I have heard that inufane has officialy announced the EXE. series as dead, unless the people in this thread have been repeatedly missinforming me.

its sad that X and classic will be dead series soon too, I hope we see at least one more remake of the X games(I.E. X1-6 in better graphics.) as for classic, he has had so many remakes, but I would like to see one more game of his.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
So much for Megaman this week. And if it wasn't for delays we'd be within 6 days of knowing the final roster once and for all. I hate delays! >_> Oh well, what's an extra week?

And Plu, by dead, we mean that .EXE has was confirmed long ago to not have any more sequels in an interview by Inafune with Lord Pheonix of Planet Megaman. E3 06 if I recall correctly.

Cless

Smash Champion
error, Namco X Capcom is most definitely a strategy rpg all the way through. The actual fights play mostly like a Tales of game, but you can't control the character. Only the sequence they do their five moves in.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Firstly, Inafune is not the beswt spokesperson on Rockman. Secondly, What does the series being finished have to do with Rockman.EXE's inclusion? It still had 15 games on Nintendo systems. That's a whole lots. I'm not saying classic didn't have more, but it's certainly more than X had.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
error, Namco X Capcom is most definitely a strategy rpg all the way through. The actual fights play mostly like a Tales of game, but you can't control the character. Only the sequence they do their five moves in.
ok, I guess that makes sense, thanks for clearing it up then.
Firstly, Inafune is not the beswt spokesperson on Rockman. Secondly, What does the series being finished have to do with Rockman.EXE's inclusion? It still had 15 games on Nintendo systems. That's a whole lots. I'm not saying classic didn't have more, but it's certainly more than X had.
hmmm...ture, and also G&W blows it out of the water too since it is a done series(I asume) and still got Rep in melee. dangit this is making my outlook for X dimmer.:(

Rayd

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i've been having a read through the thread and thought i'd register and give my opinion. i've had a lot of hope for Megaman to be included in Brawl, and lately my hopes have started to slowly die, but i've gotta say some of the things i've read so far have increased them a little more, though i'm still not totally confident.

One thing I have to say is that I would be a little disappointed if the Original Megaman was included... He seems to be the more popular choice for most people, but I really have never liked his style, I guess he reminds me too much of Astro Boy, who I hate with a passion.

Also, having grown up with the X series, i've grown more accustomed to X, and so he would be my more preferred choice for Brawl, he just seems a lot more badass, more of a fighter and therefore in my opinion a better choice. The Original just seems to me to be a little less mature (For obvious reasons I guess)

My second choice would have to be the Megaman Zero version of Zero, after the X Series, out of all of the post X games i've played, the Zero Series would have to be the best, and I liked the new Zero model as well... Zero's always been a favourite of mine, both original and MMZ versions, and while I doubt he will be included, it would be cool.

I would also love if they continued the X series... The era that the X series and MMZ series was set in was definitely my favourite and has to have one of the better and more fleshed out storylines. If they made more X games I would most definitely play them, however I don't really see it happening.

The way I see it, the X version is the real Megaman. The first Megaman game I played was the original Megaman X on the SNES, and ever since i've thought the characters X and Zero were awesome. I've tried the original Megaman games, but I guess because I started on X, it was pretty hard to take those steps back, so I never got into it.

Anywho, thanks for letting me ramble on... Hahaha

X FOR BRAWL!!!!!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Hey guys, i've been having a read through the thread and thought i'd register and give my opinion. i've had a lot of hope for Megaman to be included in Brawl, and lately my hopes have started to slowly die, but i've gotta say some of the things i've read so far have increased them a little more, though i'm still not totally confident.

One thing I have to say is that I would be a little disappointed if the Original Megaman was included... He seems to be the more popular choice for most people, but I really have never liked his style, I guess he reminds me too much of Astro Boy, who I hate with a passion.

Also, having grown up with the X series, i've grown more accustomed to X, and so he would be my more preferred choice for Brawl, he just seems a lot more badass, more of a fighter and therefore in my opinion a better choice. The Original just seems to me to be a little less mature (For obvious reasons I guess)

My second choice would have to be the Megaman Zero version of Zero, after the X Series, out of all of the post X games i've played, the Zero Series would have to be the best, and I liked the new Zero model as well... Zero's always been a favourite of mine, both original and MMZ versions, and while I doubt he will be included, it would be cool.

I would also love if they continued the X series... The era that the X series and MMZ series was set in was definitely my favourite and has to have one of the better and more fleshed out storylines. If they made more X games I would most definitely play them, however I don't really see it happening.

The way I see it, the X version is the real Megaman. The first Megaman game I played was the original Megaman X on the SNES, and ever since i've thought the characters X and Zero were awesome. I've tried the original Megaman games, but I guess because I started on X, it was pretty hard to take those steps back, so I never got into it.

Anywho, thanks for letting me ramble on... Hahaha

X FOR BRAWL!!!!!
I feel the same way as you, but sadly, it seems classic is first in proirity. no offence to the classic guys.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Firstly, Inafune is not the beswt spokesperson on Rockman. Secondly, What does the series being finished have to do with Rockman.EXE's inclusion? It still had 15 games on Nintendo systems.
Because, with the way Capcom is promoting StarForce, if Capcom was going to use one of the newer Megaman incarnations they would go with Starforce. In other words, Starforce makes BN obsolete.

That's a whole lots. I'm not saying classic didn't have more, but it's certainly more than X had.
Of course, I don't believe X has a snow ball's of making the playable cut for Brawl either. He doesn't have the significance for the Megaman series as Classic Megaman.

Rayd

Smash Rookie
I grew up with the X series too, but I like Mega Man as a character more. Though I like Trigger the best.
I probably wouldn't mind the Trigger one either, assuming Trigger is the same as Legends, which I believe it is (Sorry, from Australia... Some of the different names confuse me... )

Rockman is like Astro Boy for a reason, you know. Astro Boy was largely the inspiration for Rockman.
And yeah, I did always think there was a reason between the similarities between Mega Man and Astro Boy, but I liked Megaman better because he wasn't a half naked robot.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I probably wouldn't mind the Trigger one either, assuming Trigger is the same as Legends, which I believe it is (Sorry, from Australia... Some of the different names confuse me... )
Trigger is indeed the same one from Legends. That's his name in English & Japanese, & is said in-game.

Rayd

Smash Rookie
Trigger is indeed the same one from Legends. That's his name in English & Japanese, & is said in-game.
Ahh I thought so. Thanks. Yeah, I wouldn't mind that version either, as it seems to be a bit of a mix between Original Megaman and X, though from what i've gathered that particular series probably wouldn't be popular enough to warrant it a spot in Brawl. Then again I could be wrong, all I know is that the games aren't too popular over here...

I'm expecting if Megaman is announced that it would be original. Either that or one of the newer ones purely for marketing purposes (Which I wouldn't really like at all.) I don't mind the EXE/SF version of Megaman (They looked almost identical to me, Correct me if i'm wrong) and while the ZX games have a decent concept they just don't seem Megamanish enough for my liking...

I got to know the characters X and Zero through the X series and therefore like them a lot more. In the two ZX games, they have changed the main characters you play, and therefore I think it kinda detaches the player from the characters...

I do hope Megaman is included though, and if it is the Original version I will be able to live with it as I am still a huge fan of the franchise, my preference is X, but any Megaman will be fine.

I might get stuck into the Megaman Collection I have lying around, see if those Original games can get me a little more acquainted with the Original Megaman.

Top Bottom