• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Well, I think Mega Man should have the spot way over Midna, even though she is a Nintendo character.
Mega Man would just have so many more moves and has been around for so long in the gaming idol world.

Tops,
Who should be in Brawl because they deserve it
Mario, Sonic, Mega Man should be the idols in this game, the characters that everyone has wanted to duke it out with for the longest time.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I would be happy if X and Zero (not MMZ, but the actual character Zero from MMX series) would be in. But I doubt they would be.
Unfortunately, BN Mega Man has a better chance than those guys........ which is a REAL shame. X would be awesome, and so would Zero. But the original Mega Man has the greatest chance in my book >_>

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Motsalogel, do you really want to bring a Midna discussion into the Mega Man thread, because I said that I like her over K. Rool???

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Um... for one, how the hell does that make any sense? That would destroy any sense of character continuity for the both of them.
It wouldn't have to. All they would have to do would be to have X and Zero do a "Giga Attack" together (a la, X8), and then they would switch places. Repeat process again in order to get X back.

But in any case...I'm still doubting that X would get chosen over the likes of more popular Rockmen like Classic, or even EXE.

To me, the most probable way to break down the liklihood of Rockman candidates is as follows: OG > EXE > Trigger (DASH/Legends) > X > either of the "new age" characters (ZX, ZXA, Ryuusei)

Again though, as much as I love the classic model though, part of me actually still hopes that Trigger gets in instead. If nothing else, because an appearance in Smash may be all that's necessary to FINALLY get a DASH3 approved for the Wii. :grin:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
where did the midna comparison come from?

@error- the crossover game that trigger is in is called Namco x Capcom. It is NOT a fighting game. its like a strategy rpg

Stryks

Smash Hero
Actually that game does have fighting type engine when they face to face, it aint like turn-based rpg, but yeah...

anyway forget the midna part, megaman is all we need!

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
yeah he would. .exe if officially dead. STARFORCE is the one with a shot. a very very very very small shot mind you
I also doubt it. Star Force Mega Man isn't the one who Sakurai wanted. He wanted classic. If Capcom would fool around and say: "You only get the copyright if you put STARFAIL MM in!" Sakurai would have just said: "Fine, screw you." But wasn't there a rumour that there were heavy negotiations with a third party or Capcom itself?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There is a good chance tommorrow may be a new character update; and from a new franchise at that. If their is a new character tommorrow, it will be someone from the F-Zero franchise, Geno, or a new franchise altogether.

That is all I know, while I do not want you guys to get your hopes up, just keep this in mind.

Card

Smash Lord
There is a good chance tommorrow may be a new character update; and from a new franchise at that. If their is a new character tommorrow, it will be someone from the F-Zero franchise, Geno, or a new franchise altogether.

That is all I know, while I do not want you guys to get your hopes up, just keep this in mind.
a good chance based on what exactly....?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

C'mon Geno FTW...

Or, Megaman of course...since this IS his thread...Respect and all that...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
If Geno is in I will support him, but I wont be bunched with his *Ahem* fanbase.

Megar Maran fow bwrawl.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman

Seriously people....Sakurai isn't going to show another character in a week. I'm sure the PT/Peach thing was a one time deal.

I'm not expecting a character tomorrow.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Like TP zelda transforming into her ancestorsalter ego makes sense? (yes im still pissed)
That makes just a little more sense because the version of Sheik in Brawl is the "Twilight" version, based on design drafts that were never actually used for Twilight Princess, but are what she would have looked like if she had been in the game. One character TURNING INTO another, completely separate character makes no sense. Zelda and Sheik are the same person.

So who here supports Midna, be honest.
I don't. I would much, much rather have Ganondorf or Wind Waker Link than Midna. I wouldn't even want Midna with Wolf Link, either... because for as cool as Wolf Link was, and for everything he could do... Amaterasu (and Issun) from Okami was much cooler and could do a lot more. :) (Sorry, but Okami was my game of the year in 2006.)

While I highly, highly doubt we'd get Olimar last week, and THEN Sheik and another character this week... you talk as if you know something we don't. Do you? And let's hope it's not Captain Falcon or Geno, because if it is then the Prima theory gets blown apart...

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Nope, I'm sorry, Zero just should not be in Brawl. I actually quite like him, but to say he should be in Brawl as a swap character is pretty absurd, he's nothing compared to Megaman, Megaman IS the series. Granted IF (and I'm not gonna bring up the 'OMG THERE'S NOT GONNA BE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER FOR EACH THIRD PARTY!!1111' arguement) there are other third party characters, eg Knuckles, then he'd be fine as a standalone character, but as a swapable character? No.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Lads, why are you putting all your eggs into this basket sent by someone who claims to know someone from Prima? It's a nice list, and a very sound one, all things considered, but what if it's a fake? Or what if it's accurate in the end? There's still other sound proof that's actually proof of the Blue Bomber's existence in Brawl that doesn't involve someone who knows a shadowy someone else. I'm comfortable in knowing that Megaman has a great chance of being in Brawl, whether someone who claims to have a leak says so or not. I've been let down twice before, but hey, third time's the charm, yes?

It's at most just two weeks before we know for sure.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying it's a fake, just that it hasn't been proven true, and really won't have been until the last bird sings for the night and the game is in people's eager hands. For now, it's just a pleasant fantasy that's not so crazy as to be shot down immediately.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Why thank you. =)

Well, the way I see it, the Prima list has been proved correctly twice, but there are still many more eggs to hatch before we can count them. The proof is in the performance, however. Inafune jokingly said the same thing about Megaman that Yuji Naka said about Sonic. Horinouchi hinted at another game coming in before Star Force 2. The fact that Megaman was one of the most requested third party guys.

What proof is there against him? The fact that the other third party is blue, too?

I think it's a safe wager that our boy Rock will have his own place in the game, and I don't base that on lovely lists.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
Uh...the guy who made it admitted it to being fake.
Which he could have said just to cover his own ***, assuming this list is true. According to the current theory, if the remaining characters (newcomers or veterans) are revealed on the site in the order given, then definitely Megaman is in the game.

Right now, it's been proven correctly twice, and though there are a few on there I'm not too sure about, I'll welcome them with open arms, just as long as Megaman isn't screwed over or pushed aside as a result. As you may already know, everyone's waiting on Krystal or Jigglypuff to appear first to see if the theory still holds water.

Nightmarel

Smash Rookie
I hope megaman gest in Brawl i mean the top charaters from konami and Sega got in with Sonic and Snake What about capcom? Megaman (i don't care X or not) should be in Brawl to take his place as one of the top charaters from each company :p (if would be cool if they added Zero too but megaman is more important)

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
The only things that make the Prima list seem unlikely are the inclusion of Animal Crossing Villager & the exclusion of Lucario.

Top Bottom