• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Screw you. Code Monkeys is great.
You enjoy you MTV for video games. What is Code Monkeys, G4's version of The Real World? **** that ****, I watch real TV.
F**k you both. I watch Comedy Central, Adult Swim, Heroes, and the occasional sitcom. Anything else is garbage. Reality TV isn't real.

Megaman 4 Brawlz!!!

Cless

Smash Champion
Your ignorance is disturbing. I suggest you research the show before you make assumptions. I agree that G4 as a whole is crap, but you said any show on there Pluvius, and I wholehearted disagree about that.

Also, I barely watch any TV, much less MTV.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
alright guys kill the G4 debate please.

lets talk about mm. i think we'll see jiggs or krystal tonight. then we can pretty much celebrate mm

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Appearantly there's now a war raging between Serebii and the Prima's Guide in the index of leaks. I once sided with Serebii but noe I'm putting my faith behind the uber Prima! GO GO PRIMA!!!!!

*Sigh* I'm going to be honest here. Dispite my commitment to fight until the bitter end for Megaman and the fact that I still believe in him, I must say that I envy the Sonic fans. Their misery has been put to swift end in victory, while we are desperately clinging on to any prophet or roster that has any tiny implication of Megaman. Oh well...let's pray that Prima is the true prophet..

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!

I suppose times like these are to test our faith. To show just how unwavering we can be in the face of Darkness. Win or lose, I'm glad to be a part of this team and to fought with you awesome guys. It has been a pleasure and an honor. Should we emerge victorious, then let us relish the day that became ours!!!

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!

Cless

Smash Champion
Didin't we just get a character....
Yes, but some people are thinking that since the game is coming out in 2 weeks and since Sakurai went ahead and put move sets and FS's on every characters page, that he'll just start announcing characters. We may have explanations of Olimar's and Zelda's FS's first though.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
X Play? Are we seriously even remotely considering anything that has ever been said on G4? Go ****ing jump off a bridge if you watch anything on that channel, right the **** now.
no, L like my code monkeys, cheat(video game cheat codes show), the new X-play(old one sucked half the time, hooray for fast forward on recordings!), and peroidicaly attack of the show. however, I would love to see more well, VIDEO GAME RELATED SHOWS WHY IS COPS ON SO ****ING MUCH!?!??!?!
... I am so very pissed... we might as well make WW link transform into a wolf and megaman can just become megaman x with a down b move...

I am ****ing pissed...
why? sure shiek wasnt in TP, but then again, mario didnt have the fludd with a fire flower outfit either. besides, shiek probably got nerfed worse than fox, so I wouldnt worry about it.
Thats a little extreme, it is possible they could be right if as he says they are trying to be more "professional," you never know. I doubt it, but maybe they are finishing up touches on some new material, who knows except Sakurai and the developers. :ohwell:
well, I dont know If I can trust them, but I am pretty sure they wouldnt say stuff like that on T.V. claiming it to be official unless they either know its true, or are confident that they wont get into any trouble for saying so.(in trouble with nintendo that is, for saying it was an official statement...you get what I mean.)
i like the new x play more even though adam sessler is still a ****.

MEGAMAN/X FTB!!
Im confused, why do people hate X-play so much?
Screw you. Code Monkeys is great.
here here!
alright guys kill the G4 debate please.

lets talk about mm. i think we'll see jiggs or krystal tonight. then we can pretty much celebrate mm
wait, why? they dont have diddly squat to do with megaman/X.
Appearantly there's now a war raging between Serebii and the Prima's Guide in the index of leaks. I once sided with Serebii but noe I'm putting my faith behind the uber Prima! GO GO PRIMA!!!!!

*Sigh* I'm going to be honest here. Dispite my commitment to fight until the bitter end for Megaman and the fact that I still believe in him, I must say that I envy the Sonic fans. Their misery has been put to swift end in victory, while we are desperately clinging on to any prophet or roster that has any tiny implication of Megaman. Oh well...let's pray that Prima is the true prophet..

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!

I suppose times like these are to test our faith. To show just how unwavering we can be in the face of Darkness. Win or lose, I'm glad to be a part of this team and to fought with you awesome guys. It has been a pleasure and an honor. Should we emerge victorious, then let us relish the day that became ours!!!

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!
who cares about the profits, I am just going to go with whatever nintendo announces. why are they so important anyway? think about it.
Didin't we just get a character....
ya, but due to the fact every character is going to be announced before its launch, and the fact we only have around 10(more or less) days to go, we all expect either a character a day, or a whole bunch of characters at once.
Yes, but some people are thinking that since the game is coming out in 2 weeks and since Sakurai went ahead and put move sets and FS's on every characters page, that he'll just start announcing characters. We may have explanations of Olimar's and Zelda's FS's first though.
I dont think so, I think we will just get the names of the moves and nothing more. but then again I could(and probably will be) wrong about this.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a link or can post the prima guide leak please? The characters seem to be in order of when they are shown on the Dojo.

Cless

Smash Champion
I liked X-Play when it was on Tech TV and before what's her face (I know her name, but you get my point). I haven't seen this new, not full of dumb **** X-Play though. I find Cheat super pointless because I can't play the game and look at hints at the same time and the internet is far better and more dynamic resource for video game help. AotS I have no opinion on. I have no desire to watch it.

I did say may. You could be right about the updates, error.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
It would be very nice to get most of the characters out of the way. We may even be seeing double updates if Sakurai wants a full roster out by game time.

As for Animal Crosser, screw that. I want my Mii. At least that can be customizable. It's not as if Animal Crossing has come out on the Wii and you can pick the guy you made. A Mii wouldn't have to have such a great moveset, but at least it makes way for an awesome FS: Mii Parade. The attack damage is proportional to the amount of Miis on your Wii.

Not to veer the topic too off course, of course.

Anyway, it actually seems kind of logical that they'd leave the last third party as the last Newcomer update. Oh, and Bionic Commando probably won't be in Brawl. The "megaton" announcement is that a 3D remake of the original is coming to XBL.

Once again, I'm not putting all my eggs into the Prima list, lads, but for the time being I'm comfortable with it as a theory. Of course, even if it's valid, the list doesn't have to be all inclusive. There might be one or two more guys just waiting behind that screen.

Cless

Smash Champion
Still don't understand why people want Miis. I don't think the villager would be a good choice either, but it's better than Miis imo. That is also a terrible idea for an FS. I have to have tons of Miis on my Wii just to have a powerful FS?

domriver

Smash Lord
Here here I don't like the idea of Mii either. Just put in an Animal Crossing character. But if this LEAK continues its pattern then the roster posted above a few posts just might be true. Also the guy who said it was fake could be lying as well. Who knows?> ARG!
MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the delay.

As for the Final Smash, I'm not saying hundreds of Miis or anything, just a difference between five and forty, to say. I'm also not the one designing the game. It just seems to me a Mii would be a better choice than an Animal Crosser, because you could have your own personalized one mostly. In addition, Miis are playable characters in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and even Mario Party 8 in some cases. Plus, there's nothing more essentially Wii than a Mii. But that's just my opinion.

Seriously, though, as long as Megaman's in, I'm happy. Even if he's not, well, that's three Smash Bros. games I love that he's not in, that are made just slightly less awesome because of the lack of his addition.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
I don't get why some people want a Mii to be in either. I don't see the appeal. I'd much rather have one of the Animal Crossing main characters, but I'm not too crazy about that idea either. Neither one holds much appeal to me.

The main draws of the Prima list for me are Ness, Krystal, Isaac, Geno, and (of course) above all, Mega Man. Yes, I do actually like Krystal. And yes, I know I'm one of the only ones. :p

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I liked X-Play when it was on Tech TV and before what's her face (I know her name, but you get my point). I haven't seen this new, not full of dumb **** X-Play though. I find Cheat super pointless because I can't play the game and look at hints at the same time and the internet is far better and more dynamic resource for video game help. AotS I have no opinion on. I have no desire to watch it.

I did say may. You could be right about the updates, error.
well, I can only hope so.
It would be very nice to get most of the characters out of the way. We may even be seeing double updates if Sakurai wants a full roster out by game time.

As for Animal Crosser, screw that. I want my Mii. At least that can be customizable. It's not as if Animal Crossing has come out on the Wii and you can pick the guy you made. A Mii wouldn't have to have such a great moveset, but at least it makes way for an awesome FS: Mii Parade. The attack damage is proportional to the amount of Miis on your Wii.

Not to veer the topic too off course, of course.

Anyway, it actually seems kind of logical that they'd leave the last third party as the last Newcomer update. Oh, and Bionic Commando probably won't be in Brawl. The "megaton" announcement is that a 3D remake of the original is coming to XBL.

Once again, I'm not putting all my eggs into the Prima list, lads, but for the time being I'm comfortable with it as a theory. Of course, even if it's valid, the list doesn't have to be all inclusive. There might be one or two more guys just waiting behind that screen.
why are these profits so dang important to everyone? I just dont understand why they are on a pedistal, its not like we have that long to wait til we find out everything anyways. so who cares about what they do.
Still don't understand why people want Miis. I don't think the villager would be a good choice either, but it's better than Miis imo. That is also a terrible idea for an FS. I have to have tons of Miis on my Wii just to have a powerful FS?
Mii number shouldnt determine its power, but I would like to have the ability to download my Mii into brawl and play as him. that sounds a little more interesting to me than controling the villager. its not like they use stuff that is all that much different.
Here here I don't like the idea of Mii either. Just put in an Animal Crossing character. But if this LEAK continues its pattern then the roster posted above a few posts just might be true. Also the guy who said it was fake could be lying as well. Who knows?> ARG!
MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!
I hope they are both wrong, I want to chase both hares and have a roster with a size of 40+ WITH megaman in it, but I am just being greedy.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i dont get the point of NOT wanting another character in. As long the characters i want get in, i couldnt care less about who else gets in. only if 2 characters are competing for a spot do i understand not wanting another one in.

*prays for mm tonight*

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
If Miis are playable, I'm not gonna pitch a hissy fit, but I don't see their appeal.
its the ability to play as basicaly anyone in the Real world. but the real appeal is playing as yourself in brawl, cuase that is at least what interests me.

heres hopeing for MM/X but since I got snow, I dont see us getting his update tommarow, but I am willing to bet next monday is the megamonday we have been waiting for.

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't want to play as myself in Brawl, but that's just me.

Mega Man gets revealed the 28th. It's a ways away, but early enough before release for the hype to spread and still be high upon release.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Sorry if it seemed I was a bit overzealous. I don't mind Animal Crosser, of course, just think that Mii would be a better choice, given the platform.

Anyway, Error Alt, I'm not putting any bunk into the Prima list (not yet, anyway). I'm just saying that if it is in fact a real leaked list from Prima, which it might not even be, the contents are rather pleasing to me. If you mean the idea that there might be a character update everyday, though, that's just wishful thinking based on the flimsy basis that Sakurai wants to get all the guys out there before the Japanese players do it for him.

Cless

Smash Champion
That's a pretty specific guess, Cless. Is that just your intuition? I'd love you to be right, though. :)
Just a random guess based upon inconsequential conclusions. It'd be nice to be right, but I'd rather error be right so that the whole mess will be done with and we can finally get our Mega Man character board.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
WHO THE F**K JUST 3-STARRED THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!???:mad::mad:

anyway, regarding the prima list, I really just hope thats only most of the roster. It's still missing some WTF characters, and some other required characters. (WTFs my takamaru, mate?) but nevertheless, I would prefer megaman over all others, so here's hoping for the prima theory to be correct.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I still don't get why people think there'll be a character on consecutive days. We still have over a month until Brawl gets released in the USA. At this point, there's no telling at which release date that Sakurai will be done updating the site. If anything, the delay could mean more lame filler updates. I'm guessing we'll get an item update tonight...perhaps an assist trophy or pokeball.

And like BB22, I'll keep praying for Mega Man in Brawl

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm sure he won't be done updating the site until well after the American release, but since Sakurai readily admitted that he doesn't care about internet spoilers, it would make sense to update characters until the Japanese release date. Crazy Japanese people will have unlocked all the characters and stages within 1-2 days time, told everyone on 2ch, and people that live elsewhere and understand Japanese will translate that and tell everyone else. There'd be little point in character updates after that.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah well:
1. 2chan is a total joke and is insignificant as hell and much as they think they rule cyberspace.
2. If Sakurai doesn't care about spoilers, would he not have any preference as to when to update that info? Obviously, it'll make sense to do it earlier, but that's assuming he cared about spoilers.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah well:
1. 2chan is a total joke and is insignificant as hell and much as they think they rule cyberspace.
2. If Sakurai doesn't care about spoilers, would he not have any preference as to when to update that info? Obviously, it'll make sense to do it earlier, but that's assuming he cared about spoilers.
2chan is a little better than 4chan, but yeah, you're right. I was just giving an example. The info is gonna be everywhere on Japanese sites.

He said he's not going to be hung up about hidden characters. Maybe he wants to beat people to the punch. I dunno. I think we're gonna get Olimar and Zelda FS's for the rest of the week.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Well, January 17th is my birthday! Hooray!

And the only thing I want from Sakurai is Mega Man and Micaiah confirmed for Brawl! :D

...I wish ;-;

Seriously though, the only three characters I really wanted in Brawl are Olimar, Micaiah, and Mega Man. One of those three has been confirmed... So maybe my wish will eventually come true? :D

Whatever. I hope that leak isn't true >_> Micaiah wasn't in it <_<;;

Also, I asked for Phoenix Wright 3 for my birthday. It's made by Capcom, so that's minorly related. I mean, heck, it relates more than the Xbox Live Subscription renewal I asked for! :p

Sinn

Smash Lord
Trials and Tribulations is a KICKASS game. You'll love it, I know. And I hear the fourth game comes out in America in February, though that could be a baseless rumor.

Anyway, I've been so not here recently xD Maybe that'll change again. Maybe not, who knows? In any case, even if they don't update Mega Man before the release, no doubt we'll know about him within days of the Japanese release anyway. Mega Man, Geno and Lip...and maybe Mike Jones, the real underdog.

Final stretch, here we come~

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Actually, Sinn, it was confirmed for a February release. Seems a bit quick, but I'm not complaining!

I've been playing too much Star Tropics to argue with Mike Jones.

I like the way you think regarding Megaman. There's no need to find out about him before the game comes out, as we'll know by the first of February, anyway.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Yep -- at least we can all rest easy in our excitement or disappointment come the end of January. It'll just be nice to stop wondering about it nonstop and stressing about which prophets are credible and which ones aren't, etc. etc. as far as Mega Man is concerned. We really are in the final stretch, one way or another... let's just hope and pray that that stretch leads to Mega Man being confirmed. :)

12 minutes until the Dojo update!

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

EDIT: Yep, Pikmin & Olimar's Final Smash... I was expecting either that, or Zelda's Final Smash. Guess that answers the question of whether or not we'll be seeing any more "Special Move" or "Final Smash" profile updates, despite the tables being added to everyone's profile. ^_^

Top Bottom