• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Thanks Bluebomber.

Alright, so this list, supposedly coming from a Prima source, has predicted two characters accurately, based on the order the Dojo announces them. Well, looks good to me. However, I'm not about to let my hopes rest on a pretty presentation of personages just yet. Still, it's pretty cool that this could be the real deal. After all, this list is only missing one guy I was pulling for (the only other one was Megaman). And who says the Dojo needs to have an update on ALL the playable characters?

Still, forty-two playable guys concluding with Megaman seems pretty awesome in my book.
yeah the roster size in this leak seems perfect imo

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
wasn't there also someone who said Sheik's Final Smash was "Light Arrow" Could of sworn I saw someone who had said that before, any thoughts?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
y'know, even though I should want to believe the prima theory, I'm also partially hoping it isn't true.
well, of course, I MOSTLY want to believe it, for it has megaman on it, but other than him, the rest of the list is pretty generic and uninteresting, and has a large lack of WTF.

so if it is true, I'm just hoping the leaker forgot/didn't know some characters.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
I adore the "Prima list" and it is by far my favorite roster of all the supposed "leaks" so far. I very, very much hope that this ends up being the real deal and am overjoyed that Sheik's appearance on the Dojo satisfies the all-important order on that list.

I mean, seriously. Ness, Young Link (WW style), Ganondorf, Krystal, Geno, Isaac... capping off with THE ultimate newcomer, Mega Man? This is my Brawl roster come true. I can't think of anyone I really want that isn't represented in this list. And I think it's perfectly full of WTF (Golden Sun represented? Ness AND Lucas? Geno? Who would see any of that coming?)... but that's just my opinion, and I understand it can't be everyone's cup of tea. Still, I really, really am hoping this is the real deal. I am NOT expecting it just yet, but the fact that Starphoenix's theory just gained one merit point makes me very, very excited. :)

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want to believe "most of it". In other words-same roster, minus the Animal Crosser, and plus Miis! :) Everything else is perfect IMO, except Roy. But I'm willing to accept defeat there. We can't win all the battles, so why not go out in glory as a character we all know and loved in Melee!? :)

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't see how the Animal Crossing Villager is a bad character and the Miis aren't. Also, why Roy? Both Lyn and Hector are better than he is. Too bad Lyn got the axe and most likely Hector too since Ike plays the way he does.

Also, is it me, or does Shiek look way more feminine. It's probably the braid. They also put special move boxes in everyone's profile. Everyone go look at them.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
It's not just that, Cless -- for the first time ever, it appears Sheik has breasts as well, which pretty much completes the more-feminine overhaul...

Well, at least that'll silence all the noobs out there who call Sheik a "he," yeah? :p

Cless

Smash Champion
It's not just that, Cless -- for the first time ever, it appears Sheik has breasts as well, which pretty much completes the more-feminine overhaul...

Well, at least that'll silence all the noobs out there who call Sheik a "he," yeah? :p
Yeah, I noticed that in the one picture, but I couldn't really tell in all of the others. There really shouldn't be a debate though. It says she on her trophy.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Oh, I totally agree. The fact that there's even been any debate at all is ridiculous, but hey, what can you do.

Ugh, waiting for these Dojo updates just gets harder and harder by the day... and now that the updates seem to be really ramping up (two characters just one week apart after three months with no characters!) with the game's Japanese release imminent, it's just gonna get even harder. Here's hoping that either Jigglypuff or Krystal is the next character reveal...

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm thinking another character tomorrow. I don't think Nintendo cares anymore since they just listed everyone's moves and FS's.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Hmm, that's pretty bold... I'm not so sure about that, because there are still about two weeks' worth of updates left before release. But hey, I would love it if you were right -- as long as said character is Jigglypuff or Krystal. :p

Cless

Smash Champion
Hmm, well, there's 25 characters up there now. Even if there is only 35 characters, that'll leave two extra days. So maybe, assuming that's true, Olimar's FS and Zelda's FS for this week, then characters.

Assuming the Prima roster is indeed correct, there's more than enough characters. However, using the order that's on the list, we won't get Mega Man before release, but maybe he'll just do a jumbo update to commemorate the game coming out.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
But Marth is in that roster... you don't consider him a good Fire Emblem rep? I like him a lot more than Roy, and I enjoyed playing as Ike a lot more than I thought I would at E For All back in October...

EDIT: Well would you look at that... I'm a "Smash Child" now. :p

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I absolutely HATE King K. Rool and the Animal Crosser. But for the sake of Isaac and Mega Man, I hope that this is the real roster.

Cless

Smash Champion
The only thing that roster is missing is Claus and a good Fire Emblem rep.
If Sakurai was only going to include two FE reps. Ike and Marth are easily the best choices. One for the West and one for the East. While I do wish there were three, Sakurai pretty much only left himself Micaiah as a viable option assuming he doesn't want clones or similarly played characters.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Veterans.......

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers....

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman
Lack of Lucario, Roy, & Pichu makes me sad. Krystal blows, & Animal Crossing Villager seems unlikely. The rest is pretty decent, though. K. Rool is classic enough & cool enough to be a good WTF character. Geno, Mewtwo, Ridley, & Rockman are 4 of my 6 most wanted, so that's a plus too. If this list were true, I wonder how Falco would be decloned?

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I'm not seeing Rockman being updated for quite a bit. In fact, the moves being listed with everyone makes me think there might not be any more character updates on the Dojo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not seeing Rockman being updated for quite a bit. In fact, the moves being listed with everyone makes me think there might not be any more character updates on the Dojo.
I beg to differ; I think it shows that Sakurai is done with being so insanely secretive and that character related updates are going to be more frequent in the oncoming weeks. By showing all the special moves and final smashes, he's not obliagated to show all of them before the game comes out. With that said, don't be surprized if Krystal and Captain Falcon turn up very soon.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ok, not much time to explain I have good news, X play has announced the reason behind this delay. the delaay was caused by, A large amount of characters and in game content.
due to the whole inufane comment, this may be a shineing light for us, what do you guys think? GTG sorry to pop in and out so quikly.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
So the Prima theory has some salt to it afterall it seems. Well I suppose Prima's editors had to know the full roster in advance in order to make the guide and sections for the characters. I'll admit, I object to some of the newcomers listed, but if it gets me Megaman AND Isaac, I'll gladly accept it with open arms. Allright, it looks like we're back and better than ever! Heres to Jigglypuff or Krystal being updated next, here's to the "Prima Theory", but most of all here's to ......

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!!!

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
really... x play said that, good find error. well if they are going to make the game that much more exciting with more characters and MEGAMAN/X than i can take this delay head onn.........but i don wanna

hey error what if they put MHX on ds and it sold well enough to continue and they made MHX3 and you could play as vile mk2.....with GOLIATH ARMOR!!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Lack of Lucario, Roy, & Pichu makes me sad. Krystal blows, & Animal Crossing Villager seems unlikely. The rest is pretty decent, though. K. Rool is classic enough & cool enough to be a good WTF character. Geno, Mewtwo, Ridley, & Rockman are 4 of my 6 most wanted, so that's a plus too. If this list were true, I wonder how Falco would be decloned?
I am not saying this is the full roster, I am saying I believe this may be the update pattern up until a certain point.

I beg to differ; I think it shows that Sakurai is done with being so insanely secretive and that character related updates are going to be more frequent in the oncoming weeks. By showing all the special moves and final smashes, he's not obliagated to show all of them before the game comes out. With that said, don't be surprized if Krystal and Captain Falcon turn up very soon.
That could explain why we are getting these characters lately, he wants to beat everyone to punch and start revealing them himself before most Japanese gamers do.

ok, not much time to explain I have good news, X play has announced the reason behind this delay. the delay was caused by, A large amount of characters and in game content.
due to the whole inufane comment, this may be a shineing light for us, what do you guys think? GTG sorry to pop in and out so quikly.
If this is true (this is X Play after all) this makes me happy and spells good tidings for Megaman; however, I fail to see how this would cause a delay? :ohwell:

So the Prima theory has some salt to it afterall it seems. Well I suppose Prima's editors had to know the full roster in advance in order to make the guide and sections for the characters. I'll admit, I object to some of the newcomers listed, but if it gets me Megaman AND Isaac, I'll gladly accept it with open arms. Allright, it looks like we're back and better than ever! Heres to Jigglypuff or Krystal being updated next, here's to the "Prima Theory."
Maybe, maybe not, I am happy my theory gains another merit, but we will see in the time to come.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I still don't buy the prima list. It just seems too unlikely that Lucarion would not be in the roster. How if Jiggs and/or Krystal are next, then I many put more faith in it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I still don't buy the prima list. It just seems too unlikely that Lucarion would not be in the roster. How if Jiggs and/or Krystal are next, then I many put more faith in it.
I am not saying it is the WHOLE list, I am saying that I believe the newcomers are the characters are in the order they will be updated on the DOJO. There could still be (assuming this is true) characters outside of Megaman being updated afterwords.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmmm...

Maybe RoxasXIII was silenced (By Sakurai's Elite Ninja Squad) after he got the list because he said it was fake...

It COULD be real...Jiggs actually might be the next veteran reveiled (Always the first unlocked)
Thats what I theorized as well.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't know about the Jiggs = 1st unlockable thing...

The other day I was playing Melee with some friends (without the memory card) and we unlocked Marth first...

Also, if you play Adventure Mode first, and make a good time on the 1st Level, you'll most likely unlock Luigi first...

But I have a hunch Jiggs will be the next Vet, and the start of the Secret Character updates.

Cless

Smash Champion

The other day I was playing Melee with some friends (without the memory card) and we unlocked Marth first...

Also, if you play Adventure Mode first, and make a good time on the 1st Level, you'll most likely unlock Luigi first...

But I have a hunch Jiggs will be the next Vet, and the start of the Secret Character updates.
Well, most people go through Classic mode first and don't play the hell out of multiplayer. That is, most people with friends that live far as hell from them anyway. Also, Luigi has nothing to do with how fast you beat the level.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
really... x play said that, good find error. well if they are going to make the game that much more exciting with more characters and MEGAMAN/X than i can take this delay head onn.........but i don wanna

hey error what if they put MHX on ds and it sold well enough to continue and they made MHX3 and you could play as vile mk2.....with GOLIATH ARMOR!!
*nerdgasm* I realy wish/hope that would happen and, if X is the version put into brawl, I can see that happening, very much so (why it was put onto the PSP instead of DS I'll never know). also control of the goliath armor, that would be win on a grand scale. however, I would want it to be unlockable, cause what fun is it to start out with your strongest weapon? and the delay was caused by the adding of characters, so I hope they are telling the truth and the result is what we hope.
If this is true (this is X Play after all) this makes me happy and spells good tidings for Megaman; however, I fail to see how this would cause a delay? :ohwell:
well, it is the "new" X play, so I think they deserve a little more credit(it isnt nearly as bad about things like jokes and what not as they used to be) and they actualy focus on what is important more-so. to the point that I would believe them, and they said the delay was due to "the addition of characters, stages, and other content" so I cant wait to see what happens. I mean after all, they were probably right about the first delay (feb.10th release date) being due to online play perfection, so I am sure they are telling the truth here as well. and the fact may be that nintendo just contacted about megaman/X(not recently but some point after the interview with inufane) and is now finishing the character(s) for the release.

jigglypuff is considered the "first unlockable" since he/she is the easiest character to unlock, and is 80% of the time just that, the first one found.

also I tried the part with getting luigi first, what it does is you still fight him(after beating the first course with a 2 in the seconds places) but instead of earning him, you still have to fight jiggs in the end.

Also, Luigi has nothing to do with how fast you beat the level.
ya it has to do with the two second thing.(which is a play off of super mario worlds bonus point system)

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
X Play? Are we seriously even remotely considering anything that has ever been said on G4? Go ****ing jump off a bridge if you watch anything on that channel, right the **** now.

Stryks

Smash Hero
... I am so very pissed... we might as well make WW link transform into a wolf and megaman can just become megaman x with a down b move...

I am ****ing pissed...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
X Play? Are we seriously even remotely considering anything that has ever been said on G4? Go ****ing jump off a bridge if you watch anything on that channel, right the **** now.
Thats a little extreme, it is possible they could be right if as he says they are trying to be more "professional," you never know. I doubt it, but maybe they are finishing up touches on some new material, who knows except Sakurai and the developers. :ohwell:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
... I am so very pissed... we might as well make WW link transform into a wolf and megaman can just become megaman x with a down b move...

I am ****ing pissed...
I know what you mean, it doesn't make much sense, but Sheik is just so popular in the Zelda series (people still request her to be in future Zelda games) and she's too popular a Smasher.

She's stuck to the series as far as I can see now. You need to get over it. What's done is done.

*pats back comfortingly* There, there.

Top Bottom