• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Gooche

Smash Rookie
This is how I look at the situation. At first I was devastated the game was pushed back 3 weeks or so. Increasing the chance I get the Japan version to hold me over. Then I thought about it. It COULD be a good thing for a few reasons.

1. Delays from Nintendo USUALLY mean a better game. Especially since they think it needs polish.
2. If the Infume statement was a way to get to Ninty...and give his blessing...then MMs chance is heightened by this delay.
3. This delay could be for the playtesting/balacing of all characters...including new unannounced characters. Still GREAT for us.

All in all aside from being sad for waiting a few more weeks for a game we've been waiting YEARS for isn't that bad. I will come to my own conclusion and HOPE that Infume speaking out got in creation in the door. I won't be like the profits I've been reading about for months who are no better in my opinion than Nostrodomus or those claiming the Anti-Christ is coming. We should stop giving creditibility to them...we are only hurting ourselves.

This GAME is going to be a monster!

Mega Man would make it all the better. If Infume orchestrated this "Mega Man is not in Brawl...he can be though I'd allow it...I think there is enough time to put him in" <-paraphrased of course. > to get us in a fanboy rage to petition Nintendo...and make them hear us...resulting in a delay to appease our Blue Bomber appetites, he is a GENIUS.

We've been playing Melee since 2001...I think we owe Sakurai and his team a little more slack. He makes games worth playing for a long LONG time.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is how I look at the situation. At first I was devastated the game was pushed back 3 weeks or so. Increasing the chance I get the Japan version to hold me over. Then I thought about it. It COULD be a good thing for a few reasons.

1. Delays from Nintendo USUALLY mean a better game. Especially since they think it needs polish.
2. If the Infume statement was a way to get to Ninty...and give his blessing...then MMs chance is heightened by this delay.
3. This delay could be for the playtesting/balacing of all characters...including new unannounced characters. Still GREAT for us.

All in all aside from being sad for waiting a few more weeks for a game we've been waiting YEARS for isn't that bad. I will come to my own conclusion and HOPE that Infume speaking out got in creation in the door. I won't be like the profits I've been reading about for months who are no better in my opinion than Nostrodomus or those claiming the Anti-Christ is coming. We should stop giving creditibility to them...we are only hurting ourselves.

This GAME is going to be a monster!

Mega Man would make it all the better. If Infume orchestrated this "Mega Man is not in Brawl...he can be though I'd allow it...I think there is enough time to put him in" <-paraphrased of course. > to get us in a fanboy rage to petition Nintendo...and make them hear us...resulting in a delay to appease our Blue Bomber appetites, he is a GENIUS.

We've been playing Melee since 2001...I think we owe Sakurai and his team a little more slack. He makes games worth playing for a long LONG time.

I seriously doubt it will only take Nintendo 1 week to develop Megaman.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Looks like Brawl is coming out in the UK in May, it proves NyaseNya a little more.

Well guys I hate to say it, but I am 100% no longer supporting Megaman, it does not look like he is going to be in. Which saddens me greatly, but it seems to be the truth; Nintendo screwed up massively not including him. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it now, so I will wish you all a farewell.

Gooche

Smash Rookie
I seriously doubt it will only take Nintendo 1 week to develop Megaman.
Who says it was/would be only 1 week? They could have been working on Mega Man this whole time. If I remember correctly Infume said this in an interview on December 19th http://www.bioniccommando.com/en/podcasts. Which was a FULL 4 WEEKS before the game would have had to go gold in Japan (about January 17th). They could have fast tracked getting the rights together taking a week and still had 3 weeks or so to get Mega Man up and running before the game had to start pressing. How long does it takes for the approval of a character? Who knows. Mega Man could have been approved in a day. Giving them 4 weeks to add him at this point. With the just announced delay of a week there is now a POTENTIAL 5 weeks to add a character.

If they did this and found he needed a little more tweaking/playtesting or it took longer to go through the character approval process this new 1 week delay could be the result of or aid MMs adding. The games system is there they just have to add parameters for a character and add art. With the level creator they gave access to us in game...even a level wouldn't take much. Importing/composing/remixing music could take a day if not hours. The rest is play testing/balancing. <--which is the longest part of the process.

The biggest caveat to the game is we don't know how long it takes to create a new character and its assests. Therefore his chances are still 50/50 that he is in. And this delay like I said adds to that chance.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hey StarPhoenix, don't toss the towel in yet. Wait till actual release! Oh hey, I'm a Megaman supporter too.
Wish list is Megaman, K.Rool, Krystal, and Knuckles (Yeah, I know the last one is unreasonable, but I like the bugger, like SamuraiPanda.)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Look I am just filled with emotions right now, ok. I have rumors left and right stating he is not in, NyasNya continues to be proven right with each day. I had plannef for some fun on the 10th, It gets delayed until March; I still see no signs of Megaman, a character I have invested a YEAR into saying how he is the most logical choice. Than the infamous podcast, all the rumors and leaks, the delay...

I just simply need to take a break, I have covered this game WAY too seriously and I just need to step back and breathe. I am just saying things I do not really mean, I just simply want Megaman; I could care less about anyone else right now.

The ONLY thing good in February now is the SuperBowl. Also, Megaman 4 Brawl. ^_^

RushJet

Smash Rookie
Didn't Kotaku have a thing on there that it said it was printing on December 28th? How can they delay it if it's already printing?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Didn't Kotaku have a thing on there that it said it was printing on December 28th? How can they delay it if it's already printing?
SamuraiPanda confirmed that to be fake several weeks ago. :\

Cless

Smash Champion
Even if that hadn't been debunked, companies can delay a game whenever they want for whatever reason. Persona 3 got delayed the day before release in the US.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Even if that hadn't been debunked, companies can delay a game whenever they want for whatever reason. Persona 3 got delayed the day before release in the US.
Yes, I just doubt they are adding anything else to this game. I think the delay had to do with production and shipment issues.

W.Jr

Smash Lord
megaman would have a big affect on brawl, though i wonder what moves he would have, because he has some many. Also if megaman in brawl what version of him would be in brawl.

Gooche

Smash Rookie
Until Sakurai says Mega Man or any character (Falcon, Sheik, Falco, Ness...etc) for that matter is not in the game or the game releases and all unlockables are given I believe they have a 50/50 chance.

StarPhoenix...while it could be anything...I believe the delay is BECAUSE of what was recently added. Just don't give up yet.

I don't think shipping issues would crop up now. I'd believe shipping had it been like Jan 22nd. Even then that would only account for Japan...not anywhere else. The same for Production problems.

To delay in all regions (usually) means new content. The story is already there. Cinematics...FMV...CGI...there. The gameplay code is there and in strong form based on the E4All code. If nothing else if being added as some think ALL that should be taking place in this crunch time should be bug checking and balancing.

I'm not claiming to know anymore than all of you, but I am looking at the situation logically and going by the fact they are delaying in ALL regions. If it were just Japan I'd believe no more new content.

Like I said we have no idea how long it takes a character to go from concept to completion. So even if it is not Mega Man it could be someone. Although I think a delay at this point would be a 3rd party character rather than 1st party such as Toad, King K. Rool, Krystal all of whom they had the rights too since the beginning.

So don't give up the hope for the Blue Bomber!

crimsonman

Smash Cadet
I heard alot people say the original Megaman for sure, anyways starphoenix don't give up hope yet because you're the one that got me this far to believe that he would be in it ever sense that day when I first got in the n project and you as well as bluebomber got me to have faith in megaman coming to Brawl am not a hardcore fan but I always wanted to see megaman battle against his co-legends which i mean like icons like himself.

I will always have hope for that burning light within all of us that megaman will pull though

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
hmmm don't worry... I'm not such a morron... it's only an opinion n___n... I don't think it cause damage to anyone .. except me u...u
really.. I'm think that I'm gonna cry T___T I really wanted to play brawl in my vacations! T___T
Haha, yeah, sorry I got on your case. It's just that I've had to deal with Mega4000 and Rockmx8 being complete effing ******* on the N Project blogs. You're cool though,I understand your pain :(

PS, Shadow, you'd BETTER not give up the faith here or I will lose all respect for you and punch you when I find you in Brawl. You were our voice of reason and main source of likely Megaman confirmations back on NP, so don't stop until the fat lady sings on the 31st! :chuckle:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Looks like Brawl is coming out in the UK in May, it proves NyaseNya a little more.

Well guys I hate to say it, but I am 100% no longer supporting Megaman, it does not look like he is going to be in. Which saddens me greatly, but it seems to be the truth; Nintendo screwed up massively not including him. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it now, so I will wish you all a farewell.
SUCK IT UP STARPHEONIX!! That nproject report, was posted months before the second delay. so theres just as many rumors supporting mm as there are not supporting him. NyaseNya is no different. And with all this time they've been working on brawl, i doubt there are only 35 characters. just hold on a little more

Well, looks like this'll separate the men from the boys.
that we will....that we will

Haha, yeah, sorry I got on your case. It's just that I've had to deal with Mega4000 and Rockmx8 being complete effing ******* on the N Project blogs. You're cool though,I understand your pain :(
thats why i left nproject lol

Del Money

Smash Champion
Who knows if Nya may be on point with some things, but I think it's safe to conclude that they're wrong on this facet.
I don't even think she was "on point" per se. An IGN article confirming Sonic and talking about the Nintendo Conference was available the evening of October 9th. If Nya predicted the Sonic update for October 10th MORE than 1 day in advance then I give props. Otherwise, I'm not buying it.

As for the delay prediction, how can you predict a delay that far in advance even before the develop team predicts it? And what's more, several retail stores claimed that Brawl wasn't going to hit shelves (in the USA) until March even while we all thought the Feb 10th release date was legit....and we all wrote those store employees of as idiots (until now anyways). I doubt it was that hard to predict another delay anyways...especially knowing that we were still getting consistently lame updates until prior to a week ago.

And even if Nya is a legit "prophet" (I hate that word being used in this situation, btw), it's not like there isn't info that can't possibly slip by her. Remember she's allegedly only hear this info, she's NOT an insider herself.
and a personal preference of mine of him being the X form.(but thats just me)
Me too. And I swear if Star Foce Mega Man ends up being playable in Brawl instead of either classic or X, I'll have to bust out my nine and start capping mother****ers.
as Sakurai himself said Geno would be counted as 1st party.
Link please?
What? Did Nya "predict" that too? I'm not going to write her off as a bull****ter. But I'm not buying into it 100% either. It would be ******** for Brawl to come out in the UK and later than May. That's n relatively easy guess.
Now you're going too far. I took the same pessimistic view with Sonic, especially with that stupid Olympic Games crap coming out and I felt pretty stupid on October 10th. Mega Man hasn't been officially deconfirmed yet so there's no logical reason to write him off.
Remember, God created the whole world in just one week. >_>
Amen, bro.
Well, looks like this'll separate the men from the boys.
How so? Should Mega Man NOT get in (by probably the most dumb***ish developmental blunder known to man), most of us supporters will end up looking like idiots. I say the best thing to do is to come to terms with either possible outcome and just hope for the good alternative. There's no point being overly confident, no point being overly pessimistic, and no point being an douchebag troll.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

PS, Shadow, you'd BETTER not give up the faith here or I will lose all respect for you and punch you when I find you in Brawl. You were our voice of reason and main source of likely Megaman confirmations back on NP, so don't stop until the fat lady sings on the 31st! :chuckle:
I already said I had a "gamers meltdown." I was just angry and flustered, but I am okay now and have regained sanity and am still holding out for Megaman. I am letting stupid NyaseNya get to me, luckily I have my sanity back to see most of her predictions were mostly easily to predict. :laugh:

Sorry guys, I am back. w00t. ^_^

Cless

Smash Champion
How so? Should Mega Man NOT get in (by probably the most dumb***ish developmental blunder known to man), most of us supporters will end up looking like idiots. I say the best thing to do is to come to terms with either possible outcome and just hope for the good alternative. There's no point being overly confident, no point being overly pessimistic, and no point being an douchebag troll.
Because I was half joking since everyone on the site got their panties in a bunch over the delay?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
With this delay Is it safe to expect a 3rd party character announced soon?
I am not sure, if so I do not know why they did not do it today? Maybe they plan on revealing a character tommorrow?

Because I was half joking since everyone on the site got their panties in a bunch over the delay?
Well I am what you would call obssesed about this game. :laugh:

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
Look at it this way, when Snake was first revealed back in 2005, NO ONE saw it coming. Apart from the fact that we're expecting Megaman, we don't know for sure whether talks have gone down, as many have already stated.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Look at it this way, when Snake was first revealed back in 2005, NO ONE saw it coming. Apart from the fact that we're expecting Megaman, we don't know for sure whether talks have gone down, as many have already stated.
Guess we will not know until Jan. 31st.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sakurai is going to have to do SOMETHING to calm the fans down, or else he will start to see loss of support for this game.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well, I personally see Geno or Megaman this week.

Why? Last time there was a delay, Sakurai made haste to reveal Sonic and get him ready for the demo, while he was at it.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
until sakurai confirms that tom nook will be in, and will be a samus clone, I don't buy nya's bullcrap one bit.

besides, even if they did provide a beta demo, I severely doubt they would have all the characters.

MM4/is brawl, no matter how bad times seems. now if you excuse me,

*continues to spam nintendo's e-mail complaining about the large gap between the JPN and US release.*

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
until sakurai confirms that tom nook will be in, and will be a samus clone, I don't buy nya's bullcrap one bit.

besides, even if they did provide a beta demo, I severely doubt they would have all the characters.

MM4/is brawl, no matter how bad times seems. now if you excuse me,

*continues to spam nintendo's e-mail complaining about the large gap between the JPN and US release.*
OOOOH YEAH! I forgot she said that, heh it confirms her lying even more to me.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, I personally see Geno or Megaman this week.

Why? Last time there was a delay, Sakurai made haste to reveal Sonic and get him ready for the demo, while he was at it.
Yep, I believe SOMEBODY is going to be revealed tommorrow or this week.

AnimaBolt

Smash Cadet

Amen. For a ONLINE game this big, is it fair that Japanese players get to play for a whole month before Americans? Nope, because that gives the Japanese players some advantage.

And yeah, following the trend, we SHOULD get another character this week. I said "should". Unless Sakurai decides to annoy us all and break the trend. Eh.

ROCKIN' WEDNESDAY! EY?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Amen. For a ONLINE game this big, is it fair that Japanese players get to play for a whole month before Americans? Nope, because that gives the Japanese players some advantage.

And yeah, following the trend, we SHOULD get another character this week. I said "should". Unless Sakurai decides to annoy us all and break the trend. Eh.

ROCKIN' WEDNESDAY! EY?
I sure hope so, If Rapscouter is right, it is most likely Megaman. :ohwell:

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Complaining because there is a month difference between the US and JPN release? STFU, try living in Europe.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I'm ready to Rock n Roll. :)

If Mega Man is in, what do you suppose his moveset would be? What if his down+B changed his color + primary B button weapon?

Metal Man's saw blades could be equally effective in this game, as I could see them only going a certain amount of distance before floating down and out. Perfect for edge guarding.

Top Bottom