• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I figure if we really do get a third party character update this week (as per Rapscouter's prediction and now possibly as a buffer for this delay), it wouldn't happen until at least Wednesday -- AKA, at least one week since Olimar.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
sonic was updated wednesday, giving them time to update him and then later the same week give is moveset so i can believe that megaman/x could be updated tomorrow!!

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
Hello, Nick Ainsworth here. I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks now, but I'm finally posting for the first time (as if that wasn't obvious).

Anyway yeah, I'm just as pissed about the delay too, but if it hasn't already been thrown onto the table, allow me to bring up something from The N Project's blog:

Nintendude on The N Project Blog said:
N: so…any news on the capcom front?
Y: i did hear something interesting last week
Y: can´t confirm it yet tough
N: really? what is it?
N: please say RE5 for the Wii :p
Y: lol, sorry, it´s not RE news
Y: but it´s pretty cool
Y: ****** told me they ended negotiating a deal with ninty last month
Y: to have megaman at ssbb
N: O_O
Y: i know!
N: That´s awesome
N: when are they announcing it?
Y: dunno. soon i guess.
Y: but since it took them a really long time to negotiate they might have to push the realease date even more.
http://thenproject.com/archives/2007/10/17/megaman-might-join-smash-bros-brawl/#comment-2967 - massive swear and stupidity warning

Yeah, so like all this prophet crap surrounding Megaman and the SSBB roster, this isn't a confirmation of any sort, but at least it makes sense now, as Nintendude stated that Megaman would be in, but there would also be a delay.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Hello, Nick Ainsworth here. I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks now, but I'm finally posting for the first time (as if that wasn't obvious).

Anyway yeah, I'm just as pissed about the delay too, but if it hasn't already been thrown onto the table, allow me to bring up something from The N Project's blog:

http://thenproject.com/archives/2007/10/17/megaman-might-join-smash-bros-brawl/#comment-2967 - massive swear and stupidity warning

Yeah, so like all this prophet crap surrounding Megaman and the SSBB roster, this isn't a confirmation of any sort, but at least it makes sense now, as Nintendude stated that Megaman would be in, but there would also be a delay.
Hmm, I hadn't seen this yet. Interesting. :)

Of course, as you said, it's no more a real confirmation than any of the prophets running amok talking about their "predictions." But if anything, it is one more possible advantage in our corner, and we can certainly use as many of those as we can get. Here's hoping, and nice to have you join the thread!

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If after all this time they have put into this game and we STILL do not get Megaman, that will be very sad. Also, about the little Megaman thing, It is only 50/50 on the chance of being true. At least it has predicted more than many of the prophets have. :\

Also, Rapscouter has been debunked.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Ugh, Rapscouter's been debunked? That's a real shame... he/she was one of the prophets in our corner, so it sucks to lose an edge like that. :(

Well, I suppose we'll have to hope there's an element of truth to the N Project's blog thing, then. 50/50 is better than zero, I guess...

... ugh, this is driving me insane. x_x But still...

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ugh, Rapscouter's been debunked? That's a real shame... he/she was one of the prophets in our corner, so it sucks to lose an edge like that. :(

Well, I suppose we'll have to hope there's an element of truth to the N Project's blog thing, then. 50/50 is better than zero, I guess...

... ugh, this is driving me insane. x_x But still...

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!
Oh wait, he was the prophet that had "3-lies," maybe this was one of his lies. :ohwell:

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
well... I'm not gonna buy the game if megaman isnt it not because Im angry... that's because.... I've the hope that I could play at february... I've university and is began at march 5.... so I need to study very hard because my priority is study...
I'm not at home when I go to university, and there I haven't any wii.. so If I get brawl I'll play only when I'm at home..
That's why I'm not gonna buy the game if megaman isn't in it, because it makes no sence to play if I waited so long and then I'm gonna be dissapointing...
Maybe you think that I'm stupid... well maybe you are right.. but try to put yourself in my possition...
Any way... Megaman for brawl.. or this will make no sence for me...

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
well... I'm not gonna buy the game if megaman isnt it not because Im angry... that's because.... I've the hope that I could play at february... I've university and is began at march 5.... so I need to study very hard because my priority is study...
I'm not at home when I go to university, and there I haven't any wii.. so If I get brawl I'll play only when I'm at home..
That's why I'm not gonna buy the game if megaman isn't in it, because it makes no sence to play if I waited so long and then I'm gonna be dissapointing...
Maybe you think that I'm stupid... well maybe you are right.. but try to put yourself in my possition...
Any way... Megaman for brawl.. or this will make no sence for me...
Oh lord, you sound just like this one idiot from The N Project blogs.

It's not that serious. You're in no position to allow Megaman to run your life.

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
hmmm don't worry... I'm not such a morron... it's only an opinion n___n... I don't think it cause damage to anyone .. except me u...u
really.. I'm think that I'm gonna cry T___T I really wanted to play brawl in my vacations! T___T

crimsonman

Smash Cadet
Nope if anything MegamarioX your not stupid for that thought and because I be ******** if that was true so don't be fast to judge your thoughts my friend.

Secondly, you're right Ainsworth thinking like those guys can mess the crap out of your life.

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
thanks buddy! but I still wanna cry T___T I relly wanted to play Brawl before university.... Now I'm gonna wait like a semester.. to the next vacations... u__u

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh lord, you sound just like this one idiot from The N Project blogs.

It's not that serious. You're in no position to allow Megaman to run your life.
O_O! O_O!

Oh gosh please do not be true! Gosh I hope that is not Rockmx8 or Mega4000!!!

Also, anothe sad note. This delay gives NyaseNya some more credibility, which if she is 100% correct on everything means we will not get Megaman and the roster is comprised of 35 characters. Which means we will only get 1-2 more newcomers. :(

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Are there any movesets for Megaman yet? There is nothing in the starting post, and I won't read over 900!! sites :D

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
O_O! O_O!

Oh gosh please do not be true! Gosh I hope that is not Rockmx8 or Mega4000!!!

Also, anothe sad note. This delay gives NyaseNya some more credibility, which if she is 100% correct on everything means we will not get Megaman and the roster is comprised of 35 characters. Which means we will only get 1-2 more newcomers. :(
relax! I'm not him! (consider that Rockmanx8 and Mega4000 are the same person...)
by the way.. could this delay be a chance for Mega Man? please God make this true! T___T

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman

Nice :cool:

If this is true, then great, I just hope there'll be some form of character update this week.

@MegamarioX- sorry if you're upset man, it's just I still think it's kinda ridiculous saying you won't actually buy a game at all because of a delay. I guess just being European, I feel people whilst being right to, are really overeacting to the news, granted it's a mounth, but us and Australia don't even have a date yet lol. Anyway, it's a pain it's coming out when you go to uni. I remember how pissed I was when Super Paper Mario was released a week after the summer holidays here.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey Shadow that's a scary thought.
Well actually It's a nightmare and you're having it in front of you're monitor

LOL just messing with you.
I know, I guess NyaseNya's predictions are just getting under skin. I so badly want a smoking gun to prove her wrong, but the only thing I can remotely find is the whol 35 roster which does not make sense.

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
Nice :cool:

If this is true, then great, I just hope there'll be some form of character update this week.

@MegamarioX- sorry if you're upset man, it's just I still think it's kinda ridiculous saying you won't actually buy a game at all because of a delay. I guess just being European, I feel people whilst being right to, are really overeacting to the news, granted it's a mounth, but us and Australia don't even have a date yet lol. Anyway, it's a pain it's coming out when you go to uni. I remember how pissed I was when Super Paper Mario was released a week after the summer holidays here.
Thank you for understanding me :)
by the way... were is my geno on that list? :'( a friend told me that geno would be in brawl.. but I didn't saw him! if he is not in this game.....
........ oh my God that can't be! if mega man isn't in it.... and geno isn't in too.. my dreams will be broken...
I need a robot character! T____T ! and samus is a girl not a robot! T___T
(I used to play as samus, but I'm a little bit tired... I like robots,)
anyway Mega Man 4 Brawl!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Unfortunately I am starting to have doubts about Megaman now, **** NyaseNya. I may be leaving, I really and truly cannot take this leaker crap anymore. So if I am gone for a long time, you will know why.

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately I am starting to have doubts about Megaman now, **** NyaseNya. I may be leaving, I really and truly cannot take this leaker crap anymore. So if I am gone for a long time, you will know why.
Hey buddy! don't go! we steel have this week! at least wait to the end of this week! then you could go...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey buddy! don't go! we steel have this week! at least wait to the end of this week! then you could go...
First of all it is "still" not "steel." Seriously, at this point there is a 0% chance of him being revealed this week. Now there is only a 20% chance of him being in, because sadly to say NyaseNya is the most credible leaker out there and she says he is not in. She may not be true, she may be; I do not know anymore I am no longer holding out hope as of right now in my mind he is no longer a viable candidate. So now I will be going with someone else.

I am just so pissed off right now, I need to cool off...

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
First of all it is "still" not "steel." Seriously, at this point there is a 0% chance of him being revealed this week. Now there is only a 20% chance of him being in, because sadly to say NyaseNya is the most credible leaker out there and she says he is not in. She may not be true, she may be; I do not know anymore I am no longer holding out hope as of right now in my mind he is no longer a viable candidate. So now I will be going with someone else.

=(.........

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I think it's important to still keep hope alive. I believe that just as there are real prophets who seem unbelievable, there are fakes who seem incredibley convincing. The roster Psycho posted seems too safe, there's no WTF or surprise character. And even if that roster is true, that could be incomplete.

And I'm still not buying ROB as a playable character.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think it's important to still keep hope alive. I believe that just as there are real prophets who seem unbelievable, there are fakes who seem incredibley convincing. The roster Psycho posted seems too safe, there's no WTF or surprise character. And even if that roster is true, that could be incomplete.

I just do not know what to believe anymore, I have wanted Megaman in Brawl more than Sonic, I voted for him in the Japanese polls and tries to get as much attention on him as possible. He was the most likely candidate and a good addition, I just do not understand why Nintendo is rejecting him?

Capcom seems to want to participate in Brawl BADLY if they are not already, I just do not know. As of right now I just do not know, I almost wish Inafune never said anything about Megaman at all.

Ignorance is bliss.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
I just do not know what to believe anymore, I have wanted Megaman in Brawl more than Sonic, I voted for him in the Japanese polls and tries to get as much attention on him as possible. He was the most likely candidate and a good addition, I just do not understand why Nintendo is rejecting him?

Capcom seems to want to participate in Brawl BADLY if they are not already, I just do not know. As of right now I just do not know, I almost wish Inafune never said anything about Megaman at all.

Ignorance is bliss.
Well, whilst I don't know if he's in, noone knows he's out. In the end he has a 50/50 chance at least...

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
NyaseNya also predicted a dual-layered disc.

I have to call shenanigans on that. Why, you may ask? Because of a rather technical thing, which can be found on the wiki entry for the Wii's Optical Disc medium:

"For the Wii, Nintendo extended the technology to use a full size 12-cm DVD-based disc, enabling it to have the benefits of the Nintendo GameCube Game Disc, while having the standard capacity of a double-layer DVD-ROM."

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_optical_discs

And this is spot on, as far as I have researched.

So...why would Smash Brawl need to be a dual-layered disc...when the Wii Optical disc medium is ALREADY optimized to utilize the maximum amount of space on the disc, as much as possible?

Who knows if Nya may be on point with some things, but I think it's safe to conclude that they're wrong on this facet.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Not to say I'm automatically believing it.

But in my opinion, Megaman is worth another delay.
only if he has an awsome stage, great music, and a realy good balance(I.E. not too powerful but not garbage tier). and a personal preference of mine of him being the X form.(but thats just me)
Are there any movesets for Megaman yet? There is nothing in the starting post, and I won't read over 900!! sites :D
there are, but I am too lazy to write one up here or dig one up. give me till the end of the day and you might see one.
I need a robot character! T____T ! and samus is a girl not a robot! T___T
(I used to play as samus, but I'm a little bit tired... I like robots,)
anyway Mega Man 4 Brawl!
there's ray01(or any form realy). there is also marina(from mischief makers, were she stands though IDK)

why are we depending on these people, realy, I dont see what makes their roster any different, they probably just got lucky. with the cap nintendo has on the info, I doubt they would be getting leaks.

ROB wont be a PC, I can almost gaurintee(woah grammer gone!) it. he is a freaking SSE enemy, a normal weak one at that. and dont forget you can make normal enemies into trophies via trophy stand, so he is pretty much deconfirmed.

mrpink386

Smash Cadet
I don't believe nyanesa (or whatever) anyways. Ben made a good point on the dual layered disc comment. Seriously, how easy would it be to guess there will be another delay. It is Nintendo tradition after all. Starphoenix, just relax man. It does get very hard sometimes to keep the faith, but when our faith proves true, it will be all the better. If it doesn't, then we were one hell of a great Megaman community.:)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I just don't get why Sakurai WOULDN'T go for Megaman =/
It makes no sense to me. Megaman is almost as much a gaming icon as Mario or Sonic. Like Mario, and Sonic he IS some people's childhood.
He's really the only next deserving 3rd party left =S

( I don't count Geno as 3rd party, as Sakurai himself said Geno would be counted as 1st party. Megaman is still far more deserving than Geno in my eyes though)

Anyyywayy , Megaman for Brawl!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Just a heads up, there's a brand new "insider", UltimateX64, who "gaurantees" that Megaman is out. Wow, just, wow.

Amazingly enough, I'm not throwing in the towel just yet.

Top Bottom