• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

GiRPwN

Smash Rookie
Megaman is really awesome and its so awesome that its about to reach the 900th page LOL

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
guys... We need Mega Man in brawl! now! if we don't get Mega Man now this treath will have nothing to talk about.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Er yeah, I would love Isaac to be in but all I need is Megaman to be confirmed.

And yes, Legends/DASH is Megaman in 3D greatness. Heh, back in May 2006 when Brawl was first revealed to accept 3rd Party characters, I wanted Megaman Trigger just as much as Classic Megaman just to blow everything away with the Hypershell.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
excuseme... but your are wrong.. it is impossible that zero get's in brawl, because Mega Man is far away popular than zero in japan and in any place of the world.
That's the reason why x hasn't a chance to get in brawl, because he is not popular for japan audience.
Zero was supose to be the main role from the x series, but think about it.. it's only the x series! is not the main series!
Maybe for U.S X series could be important, but for the rest of the world X is another megaman, nothing more.
On the other hand.. the zero series is already death, and people (specially kids) like more exe than zero... so before zero even exe has a chance...
oh and the new man behind megaman is not inafune, and I'm sure that he don't like zero as much as inafune.. if you want a proof then go and see exe beast+.

I don't like the exe series, but megaman exe has more chance than zero, and believe or not before exe we will get starforce.

Before any other megaman, we will have classic megaman or starforce, the other series has no chance.. just wait and see.

Sorry for saiying things that could destroy dreams from other people.. but is the true.. you'll never have zero unless megaman gets in, if megaman isn't in brawl then you'll never see zero there, because even zero has megaman in the title of his series...
blasphemy! last time I checked, population of the world>japan's population. and from a buisness stand point, more people means more cash. so dont go saying japan determines everything in brawl.

even though we've been mindgamed over and over i firmly believe we will see megaman/x this week, whos with me
\/\/007!
I'm with ya hunter-x. RushCoil for Up-B!
Rush coil or rush jet, both would be perfect ^Bs.(especialy since there first uses were almost exactly for the same purpose.)
Classic (the old one) or starforce (the new one)
Classic 90% chance
Starforce 10% chance
star force FTL. I know it is the most recent, and capcom has a effinity to milking there series as far as possible, but I am pretty sure star force's popularity isnt as great outside of japan.
I don't know, I think they'd be stupid to use anything other than Classic or X. I'm not big on the new versions of Megaman.
same here. EXE. was a new feel at first(only played EXE 3) but after getting back to playing X and classic, I reliaxed how bad of an idea it was to try to rremake megaman so much.
i was thinking. you know how sonic has some of his old sound effects, like when he jumps and stuff? do you think Mega would have that little beeping noise whenever he lands from the NES games?

and question 2) do you think it would be annoying if he did? :)
if he did then ya it would be annoying, but I doubt they would put that in, as you would be jumping often, and it would get annoying with 4 mega mans on the field of battle.
I like the idea of the sound when he hits the ground, not too loud though but it could add to nostalgia a bit. Another sound if X is in the game is when he charges the buster it has sort of a hollowed sound as if hes in a big room it echoes a bit, but that is only when the music isn't playing but it could add a little bit to sounds.
hmmm...only in larger courses, but ya that would be epic for them to do detail such as that.
I love pretty much all the versions of Mega Man (sans Star Force, which I'm still trying to warm up to), with X being my favorite character of all time... however, I fully agree that the only one really befitting of Smash is the original, true-blue (literally) Mega Man.

I like Mega Man 8's sounds more than Mega Man 7's. I also have to disagree with whoever said that MM 7's Super Adapter was useless; once you got its upgrade, it turned into a veritable game-killer.

Just curious... what is everyone's favorite Classic and X series games? I'm going with Mega Man 5 and X4 myself. MM 5 easily has my favorite NES soundtrack of all time... mmm, Skull Castle theme.

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!
favorite X game, would have to be X3, I just loved so much about it. as for classic, so far I liked 8 the most, it had a "fun and carefree" atmosphere about it.
Yeah I liked Megaman 2's Wily's castle theme and the first X game for me. An awesome item or something could be those armored suit things you can get into in the X games that is if they put X in it over classic. You could get in that for a set time and smash away. Also there could be some sweet storylines they could put into SSE. Like have it where you first see Megaman you go through the epic doors to get to the boss and then he has the life meter and you gotta take him down or something IDK my BFF Jill or you play as him and gotta take down Wily or Sigma depending on the game they take him from.
the ride armors would be awsome. but at the same time I would want a item that isnt so over powered, as it seems something people want too much, we need diversity! maybe something likeaheart tank from X that gives you temporary imunity to damage. but you still act the same way when you get hit.(you would get knockback as if you had 0% damage during this time).
Hi all!

This is my first post here on these forums.

Anyway, I really like the idea of having X in as a character. The original megaman should be in first, but in a perfect world they'd both make it in. I also think Zero would be a good character to have, partly because he'd be the only character with a Beam Sword (beam whips don't count, Zero suit samus). Without further ado, here's my X moves list (with a TWIST :O )

Megaman X/ Zero Character Moves List

First off, I propose X & Zero as two characters in one. No, not like Ice Climbers, but like Zelda/Sheik in melee. X would have slightly stronger attacks, move a bit slower, and jump a little lower than Zero.

X (uses saber for smash attacks)
Specials:
B neutral: Charge Shot (of course :D). Press B once to have X start charging. There is startup delay, but once X has begun charging he will be able to move/ attack freely. Strong attacks will lower his charge, and it will auto-recharge. Pressing B again at any time will fire the charge shot, which deals 3/4 as much damage as Samus' charge shot.

B up: Air Dash. Megaman will immediately go into a dash straight up (the dash hurts and has a priority equal to fox's up B). You then control the direction by the direction of the control stick (which is dynamic: You can go sideways then down, etc.).

B side: Power Dash. (taken from MMX:Command Mission; powerful dash used to break boulders; name may not be correct) Megaman dashes forward after a 'slightly-faster-than-fox's-sideB-delay' delay. This can be jumped out of (if on the ground) to help avoid SDing. This attack hurts the other player :)

B down: Teleport Switch. Megaman teleports out through the top of the stage, while at the SAME TIME (not one after the other) Zero teleports down. This can be used to reflect projectiles, as right before the character teleports, he release a shockwave that reflects as well as pushes back (but not hurting) other players. Can also be used while edgeguarding ( i suppose)

Zero (uses sword for all but neutral B and maybe a throw)
Specials:
B neutral: Z buster: Aim Zero during the startup lag using the Control Stick. Zero will then fire a blast that moves at 3/4 speed of X's and does 1/2 the damage, with 3/4 of the knockback. Slight finish delay can be used as startup delay for another blast (allowing quick successive blasts). Only three successive blasts until a longer finishing delay that can't be used to start the next shot.

B up: Rising Slash: Similar to Marth's Dolphin slash. Has greater range, but less damage than the aforementioned Dolphin Slash.

B side: Blade Dash: Dashes forward like X, 'cept the Dash itself won't hurt the player: Zero slashes his Z saber rapidly in front of him, allowing this move to trap players directly in front of him. The final slash has slight startup delay but has knockback. Dash moves slower than X's Power Dash.

B down: Teleport Switch (obviously :p)

Final Smash:
Duel Giga Attack

X or Zero teleports down to join the other. X turns into Ultimate Armor X (I like the armor from X3, X8 and Command Mission best) while Zero turns into Black Zero. X starts charging while Zero runs quickly to the other player(s). (Depending on which character got the final smash, you control that character and a CPU controls the other.) If Zero hits another player, that player is stunned for the rest of the final smash. When X is done charging (shown by a bar that fills up at the top of the screen), Zero teleports back to him and X begins a continuous beam, which starts straight up. If you are controlling X, you can rotate the beam with the control stick. The bar starts going down at double the speed it went up. Any player hit by the beam (those not stunned can air dodge, roll dodge, or run from it to dodge it) gets sent flying and 40% should they survive. Upon X losing his charge (shown by the bar) either X or Zero teleports out, depending on who got the smash ball. They both revert back to their regular selves right before the teleport out.
duel giga attack, I think I would rather we get a mix of their giga attacks from megamanX4-6. were they fire energy that rains from above and comes from below. each hit doesnt do alot of damage, but it hits VERY often, to the point that its almost like ho-oh's anchient fire(pokeball item version) depending on their position. also I think those dash attacks should be their running moves, the forward B should be a seperate attack like maybe the special weapon he has at the time.
(hey that would work!) that way, you can fire your normal buster or special weapon.
Yeah just save us all now and announce him in tonights Dojo update!
save us from....ourselfs?

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
time is going too slowly for me, and i imagine for all of us here as well. it's practically confirmed that megaman/x is in...i just NEED to see it now before my mind becomes insane!!

anyway my favorite x game of all time is x3 as well, good music-good weapons/upgrades-mk2 vile!!

favorite MM classic game is 4 since i LOVE charge shots...it utterly dismantled bosses in MM4

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
time is going too slowly for me, and i imagine for all of us here as well. it's practically confirmed that megaman/x is in...i just NEED to see it now before my mind becomes insane!!

anyway my favorite x game of all time is x3 as well, good music-good weapons/upgrades-mk2 vile!!

favorite MM classic game is 4 since i LOVE charge shots...it utterly dismantled bosses in MM4
yes, X3 was awsome. my favorite weapon would have to be the ray splash. it was great for taking out thos spikeball/chain enemies and it was effective agianst half of the secondary bosses(I.E. vile and Bit/byte fusion robo).

as for megaman 4, thecharged shot did utterly dismantle bosses, but the bosses also dismantled you!*cough**cough*ringman*cough**cough*

enough waiting megaman NOW!!!

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
yeah, but megaman is more popular than X and Zero together. People know megaman outside of japan and he is in a way popular but X is nothing in japan so.... make calculation
megaman popular in japan and outside of japan
X popular only outside of japan
so.. who wins? X would never be in brawl.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
yeah, but megaman is more popular than X and Zero together. People know megaman outside of japan and he is in a way popular but X is nothing in japan so.... make calculation
megaman popular in japan and outside of japan
X popular only outside of japan
so.. who wins? X would never be in brawl.
like I said, population of the world >japan obviuosly you dont see that, from what you say here. and yes, I know classic is popular.
Classic Megaman wll be in it, don't thing that X will do it... he has no chance..
hmm...I beg to differ, I think X has a chance but you just dont seem willing to accept my ideals.
by the way, X wasn't in the pool...
nice, trying to force your thoughts on me while triple posting GG.

also I dont think classic was in the "pool" either. at least as far as I know, but he was in the poll.

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
ups...sorry for bad grammar.. anyway it wasn't my intention to trolling or to change your ideals... X is cool... but he isn't popular as Megaman.. you know that classic will be the choce one.. nothing personal but he has the whole world by his side, and X has only U.S and Mexico

Del Money

Smash Champion
338 for those of us that like to view the maximum number of posts per page.

Edit:
So what's up with R.M.B. finding a new home? I wanna hang out even after Brawl is released.
What kind of asstard does that?
LAWL

Anyways, someone allegedly heard a rumor that we'll get a 3rd party character this week. I call total bull**** on that, but if they next character is not Krystal, Sheik, or Mega Man, I think I'll start to get worried (unless that other leaker has been proven fake also).

Mega Man 4 Brawl

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
338 for those of us that like to view the maximum number of posts per page.

Edit:
So what's up with R.M.B. finding a new home? I wanna hang out even after Brawl is released.
dont know, lemme pm RDK....

WE NEED MM TONIGHT!!! C'MON SAKURAIIIIIII!!!!

"I'm losin it Jerry!!"[/Seinfeld]

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Wow, everyone around this thread is talking like he's already been confirmed through some leak or something.

...What did I miss? :x

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Yup, I'm hanging out around here while RPM gets patched up.. Anyways, things are looking to become very interesting in the next few days. Time to ante up Capcom!

Give us that blue boy! [/Tiesel Bonne]

DracoKun

Smash Cadet
I really, REALLY hope Mega Man gets put up on the Dojo this morning or even this week (heck even BEFORE the release in Japan would be nice). But I am not going to get my hopes up too high. If he doesn't then its not a big loss, we will hear if he is in for sure when the game comes out in Japan. Then we can all drool and salivate at the pure awesomeness from all we hear/see about him. Mega Man in BRAWL for pure epicness

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ups...sorry for bad grammar.. anyway it wasn't my intention to trolling or to change your ideals... X is cool... but he isn't popular as Megaman.. you know that classic will be the choce one.. nothing personal but he has the whole world by his side, and X has only U.S and Mexico
I just think differently is all, it sounded from what you were saying was that japan's opinion was all that mattered. since brawl is going to be a world wide game, I didnt think that it made much sense for a company wanting big profits, to focus on the opinions of one of the places with the most diverse tastes.(I.E. very few people I know actualy like japanese choices in game characters(or anything realy) besides me). and I know that classic has the larger fanbase, but I have a few reasons why I think there is a possibility X could be the one in instead(hope fully with zero team up). one of which though is realy more opinion based.
Wow, everyone around this thread is talking like he's already been confirmed through some leak or something.

...What did I miss? :x
something about how alot of "prophets" think there will be a third party character this week.
I really, REALLY hope Mega Man gets put up on the Dojo this morning or even this week (heck even BEFORE the release in Japan would be nice). But I am not going to get my hopes up too high. If he doesn't then its not a big loss, we will hear if he is in for sure when the game comes out in Japan. Then we can all drool and salivate at the pure awesomeness from all we hear/see about him. Mega Man in BRAWL for pure epicness
same here.

Del Money

Smash Champion
ARRG...you guys are getting me all psyched up for a Mega Man update tonight. I hate getting my hopes up...unless I'm guaranteed to not be disappointed. AARRGH

Mega Man 4 Brawl

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
ARRG...you guys are getting me all psyched up for a Mega Man update tonight. I hate getting my hopes up...unless I'm guaranteed to not be disappointed. AARRGH

Mega Man 4 Brawl
hahah del. dont worry i get my hopes up EVERYNIGHT. thats how i roll lol.

do you know whats goin on with P2W?

Del Money

Smash Champion
hahah del. dont worry i get my hopes up EVERYNIGHT. thats how i roll lol.

do you know whats goin on with P2W?
I couldn't tell ya, I haven't been there in a while My sleeping patterns been scrwed up ever since the semester ended. It just feels like there aren't enough hours in the day anymore (except for watching the Patriots hopefully go undefeated through the Super Bowl, playing MM Annivesary Collection, and lifting). Speaking of which I'm about to call it a night. Hopefully when I wake up, Mega Man classic will be on the DOJO pointing his fully charged buster at Olimar.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
With every passing update, Brawl inches closer, and the chances of the possible final 3rd party character being revealed are increased.

Judgement day is a'comin'....

:)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Speaking of which, if you liked me posting there, PM the staff about it. Apparently a lot of people think my banning there was unfair.
They're all being touchy about it although some of the higher ups are trying something, don't quote me on it though. In other news:

Mega Man is Brawl

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Trying something about me? Where did you hear this?
Well there was this one post by Ares about how she wanted ya back and Hitomi was pissed too, but the mods shot them down, so I dunno what's going on over there now, especially since they're changing servers now. :ohwell:

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
Hey guys.... I know you all... I was in this treath for long ago... even without an account I was reading all the post... all of your comments...
I'm not gonna tell you who I was... Even if I don't know you all... you are brothers for me...
I'm sure that all of you were here... wating everyday... like me... without sleeping... I'm sure that many of you made that... I know that many of you waited megaman speacilly days.. like 17 from december... and you were disapointing....
Yeah... it was a very long year.... a very long time.... but now we are coming to and end... even If I was a jerk before... I still consider you as brothers... all of you...
So I wanted to say thank you all... thanks for being here... thanks for give us hope... and give us information... I want to apologize for every stupid thing that I said in my past..
and well... even if megaman doesn't get in... I still want to thank you all... because I'm sure that the world will know that megaman is more popular than any other character... and I'm 100% sure that nintendo and the world will know that.. and if they don't put megaman they will know that they made a mistake for the rest of nintendo's life....
so thank you all... and Mega Man 4 Brawl... FOREVER!

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Well there was this one post by Ares about how she wanted ya back and Hitomi was pissed too, but the mods shot them down, so I dunno what's going on over there now, especially since they're changing servers now. :ohwell:
Haha, those two're good friends of mine. A bunch of people I saw in the IRC have sent the staff PMs about wanting me back. I need to tell Ares, Hitomi, Sub Tank, Ryken, Aileron, & a few others to do the same.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I couldn't tell ya, I haven't been there in a while My sleeping patterns been scrwed up ever since the semester ended. It just feels like there aren't enough hours in the day anymore (except for watching the Patriots hopefully go undefeated through the Super Bowl, playing MM Annivesary Collection, and lifting). Speaking of which I'm about to call it a night. Hopefully when I wake up, Mega Man classic will be on the DOJO pointing his fully charged buster at Olimar.

Mega Man 4 Brawl
so much win in this post XD! although i want the chargers to win lol. dont hate me, im from cali afterall!

anybody else notice that a lot of so called "leaks" have been confirming MM lately?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Top Bottom