• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
motsalogeL, your leet-speak isn't helping the situation at all.

And S3rious, you need to learn about how to be a part of a proper internet community.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
......Gamefaqs breeds dumb people...
Seriously. Never make a Pichu and retarted half-chimpanze hlaf-lizard breed. :laugh:

Woaw, insulting everyong like a wanna be gangster. Boy, aren't you so special compared to the other 1,000 wanna be gangsters=??? Ever heard of NOT talking like a scrub=??? :laugh:

MEGAMAN IS BRAWL! :)

Edit: Ergh....we're at Brawl's Beginning, and Melee's End. This makes me want to play everyone who I DON'T USE more for some odd reason, lol! I feel like playing....Marth, Luigi, Ganondorf, and Pichu, oddly.

Anyways....BASS AS A BOSS FTW! :)

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Haha i got that one, did we ever decide on a final smash but still i guess you should stop wasting your time now and talk normally.

Cless

Smash Champion
It depended on which version of Mega Man was in. I think general consensus was Hyper Mega Man or the Super Rush Adapter for Classic, and an Ultimate Armor FS for X functioning similarly to Warioman but X's changed up his moves too.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
As Mic warned you in the other thread, I shall do the same here, no more leet-speak.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I concur with Youko; it is immensely annoying and is disruptive as a whole. Besides, we should be talking about our favorite blue robot. :)

So I just read about the Bionic Commando megaton announcement. I agree with whoever said that although Nathan Spencer may not be in Brawl it reveals Capcom's interest or participation with the game.

Cless

Smash Champion
I think Megaman's final smash should be summoning Zero to help him out. Till Zero's health drops to 0.
That'd only make sense if it was X that made it. Of course, you could always substitute Proto Man, Bass, Roll, etc for Zero if it were Classic that made it.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Here's a thought that may have been brought up before but, if Megaman's Final Smash was Hyper Megaman would Hyper Megaman simply appear for a few seconds to fire a huge beam like in MvC, or would it be a fully playable form?

I think it would be more awesome for it to be a fully playable form for about a minute or so. Though, he could be too broken for the opposing players. :chuckle:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here's a thought that may have been brought up before but, if Megaman's Final Smash was Hyper Megaman would Hyper Megaman simply appear for a few seconds to fire a huge beam like in MvC, or would be a fully playable form?

I think it would be more awesome for it to be a fully playable form for about a minute or so. Though, he could be too broken for the opposing players. :chuckle:
Would be interesting, if Megaman by some random chance does not make it into this game. I will be buying that game again.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I'd personally rather see MegaMan Trigger in Brawl than the others, he has more close range attacks, as well as a huge variety of weapons, whereas classic and X have the same concept over and over. There'd be no argument for him about "why doesn't he copy enemy powers" then either. Besides, Legends needs more attention.

Final Smash: Shining Laser (fans of Legends will know this one) Unlimited weapon energy and ungodly powerful. Sounds like final smash material to me.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
w-w-w-wait, WHAT!?
people, this could possibly mean that capcom truely is affiliated with SSBB. and capcom being affiliated with ssbb=megaman in brawl.

lets hope this at least means something. or maybe I'm looking too far into this.

but you don't have to worry about nathan being in ssbb. the "bionic commando for the wii" option is winning by a landslide.
I dunno if anyone here's heard of the game. It was a NES game originally where you actually killed Hitler at the end. I enjoyed it and think it would work perfectly with the Wii.

That aside however, I think at the most he'd be an assist trophy if Capcom are in, and yes, the fact they mention Brawl means a lot I think. If anything, this gives me hope for Megaman in Brawl AND possibly Bionic Commando coming to Wii more than Bionic Commando being playable. Nice find!

I'd personally rather see MegaMan Trigger in Brawl than the others, he has more close range attacks, as well as a huge variety of weapons, whereas classic and X have the same concept over and over. There'd be no argument for him about "why doesn't he copy enemy powers" then either. Besides, Legends needs more attention.

Final Smash: Shining Laser (fans of Legends will know this one) Unlimited weapon energy and ungodly powerful. Sounds like final smash material to me.
I think that if anything he should have the Rush Suit.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I dunno if anyone here's heard of the game. It was a NES game originally where you actually killed Hitler at the end. I enjoyed it and think it would work perfectly with the Wii.

That aside however, I think at the most he'd be an assist trophy if Capcom are in, and yes, the fact they mention Brawl means a lot I think. If anything, this gives me hope for Megaman in Brawl AND possibly Bionic Commando coming to Wii more than Bionic Commando being playable. Nice find!
Personally, I think they need to bring back Strider Hiryu. Oh my GOSH was that game incredible, to bad it was pushed to the side by Ninja Gaiden. :\

Either way, I still go for Megaman and no one else. If there was absolutely NO WAY Megaman could be in, then I go for Zero. At least it would be Megaman related.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I think that if anything he should have the Rush Suit.
I hate the rush adaptors. All of them are pretty much crap, except MM6's jet adapter. I especially hate 7's "lolz I'm gonna fire my fist at you and it's gonna be weaker than a charge shot, but it's going to leave me helpless for a few seconds"

Yeah. That's totally the kind of power up I want my super fighting robot to have.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think they need to bring back Strider Hiryu. Oh my GOSH was that game incredible, to bad it was pushed to the side by Ninja Gaiden. :\

Either way, I still go for Megaman and no one else. If there was absolutely NO WAY Megaman could be in, then I go for Zero. At least it would be Megaman related.
I doubt Zero. If Megaman isn't in, Zero wouldn't be. It would be pointless to just have Zero, it would be like having Shadow with no Sonic (I don't mean character wise, I mean that Sonic's the original.)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I doubt Zero. If Megaman isn't in, Zero wouldn't be. It would be pointless to just have Zero, it would be like having Shadow with no Sonic (I don't mean character wise, I mean that Sonic's the original.)
I am just saying at LEAST give me Zero if I cannot have Megaman. Lately though, I have had a real good feeling about Megaman, after hearing about the Bionic Commando thing though, It is kind of a good/bad for me.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I always saw it more as Rush Jet Adapter as being his up B. Down B could be ChargeMan's special weapon, Power Slide, standard B being Mega Buster and side B being Quick Boomerangs. Or anything else, really. But as I've said before, classic MegaMan would just be another Samus, and one was enough.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright people, before the real roster is revealed by the Japanese public. Here is my roster prediction:

[Mario]
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

[Zelda]
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Gannondorf
Cel Shaded Link or Midna

[Pokemon]
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Lucario

[Donkey Kong]
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K.Rool

[Metroid]
Samus/ZSS
Ridley
Dark Samus

[Kirby]
Kirby
Metaknight
King DDD

[Star Fox]
Fox
Wolf or Falco
Krystal

[Mother]
Lucas
Ness
Claus

[F-Zero]
Capt. Falcon
Black Shadow

[Fire Emblem]
Ike
Marth
Miciah

[Other]
Yoshi
Wario
Pikmin & Olimar
Pit
Ice Climber
Mr. Game and Watch
Animal Crossing Villager
Isaac
Ray 01
Sukapon
R.O.B

[Third party]
Sonic
Snake
Megaman
I added the obvious choices as well as some WTF characters that I know would be WTF to the public.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
y|-|3@ |-|3 g07 17.

50, [)1[) \/\/3 3\/@r [)3(1[)3 4 f1/\/@1 5/\/\45l-l?
...mumble....grumble...mumble..ok I get what it says ya.

I think we have narrowed it down to 3 each(per form)
classic:
1. hyper megaman
2. rush adaptor
3. protoman summon

X:
1. ultimate armor
2. a different armor (falcon?)
3. zero summon

It depended on which version of Mega Man was in. I think general consensus was Hyper Mega Man or the Super Rush Adapter for Classic, and an Ultimate Armor FS for X functioning similarly to Warioman but X's changed up his moves too.
what he said^
I always saw it more as Rush Jet Adapter as being his up B. Down B could be ChargeMan's special weapon, Power Slide, standard B being Mega Buster and side B being Quick Boomerangs. Or anything else, really. But as I've said before, classic MegaMan would just be another Samus, and one was enough.
the slide would be his running attack, it just fits it too well to make take up a B move.
Alright people, before the real roster is revealed by the Japanese public. Here is my roster prediction:

I added the obvious choices as well as some WTF characters that I know would be WTF to the public.
lets see..isaac, Ridley, Ray01, and megaman....yep works for me!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I still say Megaman's final smash should be Astro Crush, Gravity Hold, or Beat.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
As much as I hate the notion, I wouldn't be but so quick to discredit...

Let's face it, Zero is a fanboy favorite in the Rockman mythos...hell, even Inafune likes him the most out of some of his recent Rockman creations (to the point that Zero was pretty much what he wanted in a "Rockman X" from the jump, but had to change plans from on high).

Again, I would hate the notion of seeing Zero (more than likely his RMZ counter-part) end up getting the part of being the Rockman rep for Smash, but it would make sense, if only because of the fact that he's probably got a lot of fanboy credit to his name.

On the other hand, I also wouldn't at all be opposed to the notion of Trigger (DASH/Legends). He may not be quite a traditional Rockman either, but he's still a cool character, and could probably stand to have one of the more unique movesets among any character. Plus, if it would do more to tie-in to the notion of how the possibly upcoming Wii Rockman game (which supposedly would "tie-up" a long-standing series) was DASH3, then hell, I'd be all for it... :chuckle:

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
No Zero

excuseme... but your are wrong.. it is impossible that zero get's in brawl, because Mega Man is far away popular than zero in japan and in any place of the world.
That's the reason why x hasn't a chance to get in brawl, because he is not popular for japan audience.
Zero was supose to be the main role from the x series, but think about it.. it's only the x series! is not the main series!
Maybe for U.S X series could be important, but for the rest of the world X is another megaman, nothing more.
On the other hand.. the zero series is already death, and people (specially kids) like more exe than zero... so before zero even exe has a chance...
oh and the new man behind megaman is not inafune, and I'm sure that he don't like zero as much as inafune.. if you want a proof then go and see exe beast+.

I don't like the exe series, but megaman exe has more chance than zero, and believe or not before exe we will get starforce.

Before any other megaman, we will have classic megaman or starforce, the other series has no chance.. just wait and see.

Sorry for saiying things that could destroy dreams from other people.. but is the true.. you'll never have zero unless megaman gets in, if megaman isn't in brawl then you'll never see zero there, because even zero has megaman in the title of his series...

MegamarioX

Smash Cadet
Man! You Are The Best!!!!!!!!!!! Aggggggggg Finally! Megaman! Is Back! Ahhhhhhhhhh O_________________________o

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
even though we've been mindgamed over and over i firmly believe we will see megaman/x this week, whos with me

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Either this or next week. Man, Heroes really arrive late...

BTW, here are my music choices.

Cut Man
Bubble Man
Snake Man
Dust Man
Napalm Man
Knight Man
Mega Man 3 Title (only for his "Joins the Brawl" Video)
Mega Man 3 Wily Battle (For the epic SSE Bossfight with Yellow Devil)

Did I mention that Mega Man 3 is my favourite Mega Man game? :)

RushJet

Smash Rookie
I don't know, I think they'd be stupid to use anything other than Classic or X. I'm not big on the new versions of Megaman.

Top Bottom