• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have to say, I would be pissed if someone else from Capcom made it into Brawl over Megaman.

But the only character I could almost understand would be Viewtiful Joe. I mean, I would be more pissed than happy if he got in over Megaman... but he would be such a great fighter and he fits into the genre more than well.

EDIT:
It's like 75% Megaman / 25% Joe thing for me.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
But the only character I could almost understand would be Viewtiful Joe. I mean, I would be more pissed than happy if he got in over Megaman... but he would be such a great fighter and he fits into the genre more than well.
too bad he has an extremely small chance, since clover studio's is, y'know, dead :p

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
true dyce, but those are first party characters. unless sakurai is obsessed with VJ, his chances are close to 0
Hopefully the Viewful Joe series continues after Clover. It would suck otherwise, but ya. His chances stand at near zero. Please let there be another Viewful Joe game [since he rocks]. :(

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
hey guys, just came to say that school is starting and my time is limited only to Fridays after school and weekends (like most people) on occasions (when i get the chance i mean) i'll go on maybe either before i go to school, or at nite like this (i should be sleeping, but its a min. day so f*** it).
so to the people who know im making a moveset for Megaman, i'll maybe get it in around sunday, or a bit after that. really, very sorry for the long wait. i just got into sprite-work and it took me a while to get used to it. my sprites in the moveset wont be the best, but im a n00b at spriting so w/e. on the bright side i have most of the moves down XD

Megaman for Brawl

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
My take is that it's this.

We see Monsteropolis and people are going about their business when BAM! Halbred shows up and drops a supspace bomb engulfing half the city. We see Megaman look up and run back to Dr.Light's lab. Light nods to Megaman and he calls Rush. Megaman goes to see the halbred via Rush Jet.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
And MM's flying towards the Halberd when he stops and ponders "Why didn't i just telaport?".

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
omgeee mega man on Rush Jet FTW!!!!!

that would be so sick to see him on the rush jet approching the halberd! it could be shooting at him and he could be dodging and blasting back! EPIC!

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
You know what would be cool.

Let's say there is a cutscene where we see Pit flying in the air. All of a sudden we see Simon Belmont swinging in the air (God knows how) with his whip Tarzan style and Pit looks at him and he winks back. Then we see Megaman appear next to Pit on the other side via Rush Jet and gives Pit a thumbs up. Pit then nods and the 3 of them head board the Halbred together. Just like in the old days of Captian N!

johnjoelw

Smash Cadet
Ooh...

Megaman can switch between copy powers and never looses them while kirby can only have 1 at a time...

If Megaman HAD copy then why would he loose any powers he copied?

If they add copy he should keep ALL the powers and be able to switch between them...

I think it whould be only fair for Mega Man to Lose his Copy powers when he was defeated. It wouuld give you a reason to stay alive. But if you are a good survivalist you will pwn all!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I think it whould be only fair for Mega Man to Lose his Copy powers when he was defeated. It wouuld give you a reason to stay alive. But if you are a good survivalist you will pwn all!
Megaman should lose his powers if you lose a life or taunt. Just like Kirby.
Agreed. It makes the most sense, and keeps the game balanced.

Sinn

Smash Lord
If they had the captain N version of characters as an alt XD
Captain N should be the super secret last unlockable character. He was the first main character of a Nintendo crossover world.

And Captain N Mega Man was such...a scary little dwarf man o_o;

>.>

<.<

Mega Man for Brawl~

johnjoelw

Smash Cadet
Captain N should be the super secret last unlockable character. He was the first main character of a Nintendo crossover world.

And Captain N Mega Man was such...a scary little dwarf man o_o;

>.>

<.<

Mega Man for Brawl~
CAPTIAN N FTW! Captain N is first crossover attempt by nintendo. They should totaly put him in there.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I say they make a one time exception to the "must have appeared on a Nintendo console" rule just for him. Being on TV and in comics with other characters already in Smash Bros should be enough credentials to get him a way through the back door >.>

johnjoelw

Smash Cadet
I say they make a one time exception to the "must have appeared on a Nintendo console" rule just for him. Being on TV and in comics with other characters already in Smash Bros should be enough credentials to get him a way through the back door >.>
One can only hope :(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
MegMan is NOT kirby and doesn't ever get rid of his powers....Especially during a taunt

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
MegMan is NOT kirby and doesn't ever get rid of his powers....Especially during a taunt
No, he isn't. But if he keeps his "powers" even in , that's very unbalanced.

I think his down+b would change his "power", much like a Sheik/Pokemon Trainer transformation. His arm can change colors/shape, so that his "color selection" wouldn't get in the way of telling what power he's gonna use. That would be a balanced way of keeping powers.

But if he's copying abilities, he needs to get rid of them in some way, whether it's or taunting. It's just too unbalanced and overpowered otherwise.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He loses a power when he dies / when he used up all the powers energy (Or something).

His taunt can also be used to get rid of it.

isn't that simple enough?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't like the idea of him being that similar to kirby...they should differentiate it more....ok for the loose on death or something but it has to be different

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah he would definitely have to lose the powers once he loses a stock.

but if he has the copy ability i would rather he could only have ONE power at a time. i dont want to waste a down B just to cycle through some powers that may not even be useful or feasible in competitive play

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
yeah he would definitely have to lose the powers once he loses a stock.

but if he has the copy ability i would rather he could only have ONE power at a time. i dont want to waste a down B just to cycle through some powers that may not even be useful or feasible in competitive play
The cycling of multiple powers was a suggestion on my part. I wouldn't want him to have copy on top of 3-5 other powers. That's awfully broken. :-?

I think with the copy ability, i.e. make it his down+b, if you hit down+b again, you can toss his copied power. That way, he could still taunt, and keep the power.

I might try and make a moveset for our favorite blue robo boy. ;)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
About his taunt he faces the screen and lifts his blaster up upright in a 90 degree angle so its facing the screen he looks at it and presses a few buttons on it.

And he could have kind of a comical face like he is concentrating XD

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
well the way i would want it to work would be that he would had the 4 standard b specials

Up B- Shoryuken
B- Mega Buster
Side B- Flame Sword/ Copied powers
Down B- Crash Bomb

After Mega Man ko's an opponent, he gains thier powers in some form (either one his the robot masters powers from his games that relates to the character he ko'd i.e. pikachu-elecman's power and so on, OR he gains their side b ability)

He would keep this ability until he taunts or loses a stock.

I think having it work like this would keep it simple and not overpowered

Top Bottom