• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
But then during 1 life matches that ability would be totally nullified. I say during a grab, if MM mashes the B button enough times he should get an ability. And maybe the opponent can counter-mash against Megaman so it would be a bit more difficult. And for both characters, certain presses wouldn't count at higher damage differences. The character with the higher damage count would lose B button inputs.

Like at a 50% damage difference, every 4th B input out of every four inputs wouldn't count; at a 100% damage difference, the 3rd and 4th B inputs out of every four inputs wouldn't count; at a 150% damage difference, only the first of four B inputs would count; and at 200%+ damage difference, you're given a free-bee.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
^^^^
But then during 1 life matches that ability would be totally nullified.
^^^

thats why he would have a default side b- in my opinion the flame sword, for when he has no copied power

well the way i would want it to work would be that he would had the 4 standard b specials

Up B- Shoryuken
B- Mega Buster
Side B- Flame Sword/ Copied powers
Down B- Crash Bomb

After Mega Man ko's an opponent, he gains thier powers in some form (either one his the robot masters powers from his games that relates to the character he ko'd i.e. pikachu-elecman's power and so on, OR he gains their side b ability)

He would keep this ability until he taunts or loses a stock.

I think having it work like this would keep it simple and not overpowered

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Think back to the Megaman games, every power he used had a bar. So set a finite limit on the number of times he can use a gained power, then he loses it.

Seems simple and effective to me.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
About his taunt he faces the screen and lifts his blaster up upright in a 90 degree angle so its facing the screen he looks at it and presses a few buttons on it.

And he could have kind of a comical face like he is concentrating XD
What about my taunt? What you lot think?

And he had his copy power before Kirby so i would say its Kirby copying him! XD

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Think back to the Megaman games, every power he used had a bar. So set a finite limit on the number of times he can use a gained power, then he loses it.

Seems simple and effective to me.
except you would never know when youre gonna run out, which would suck

What about my taunt? What you lot think?

And he had his copy power before Kirby so i would say its Kirby copying him! XD
nice taunt, but i want it to be his winning pose from the games

and yeah about the kirby thing

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
except you would never know when youre gonna run out, which would suck

nice taunt, but i want it to be his winning pose from the games

and yeah about the kirby thing
Megaman's copy and kirby's are totally different things so no one is copying anyone...

rideonshootingstarxx

Smash Cadet
I think it'd be neat if Mega Man got the power of the last enemy he defeated, like in the games. But instead of B abilities like Kirby gets, he would get a new blaster attack. Like: Laser Shot for Fox, Boomerang Shot for Link, Sword Shot for Meta Knight, etc.

Now what about Kirby?
And Samus?
Charge Beam + Mega Buster = ?????

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
he could get a wind based attack for kirby like tornado hold or something. from samus he could get snip missles, i forget what mm game those come from......

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
His signature ability is not to copy enemies.

He's able to use robot's abilities because he was built to interact with other machines....

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
to incorporate his weapon changing, a certain B-press could imitate GaW's side-Bs, where the move performed is random.

I don't like the idea personally though, since it would take away from the level of planning that could be done.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i was replying to the person above you but you posted to quickly XD

That would work but it would take away from his strategies and stuff...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it was so important they would have included it in Marvel Vs. Capcom...

I think they should use some of the stuff they added to that game

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok Psycho, but let's consider for a second...what if they DO put a robotic or mechanical character in Brawl? Should Mega Man be able to acquire weapons from them?
Not really if he can't copy anyone else...

I just think they could derive enough of his movesets that he actually uses in combat for a Brawl Moveset

You never control him TO copy enemies, unlike kirby

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'd like Megaman ZX to join Brawl, he's too cool being the "ultimate megaman" fusion. Although classic megaman would be nice too since Sakurai likes retro characters. But he's also looking for characters from newer games that were good as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm, I'd like Megaman ZX to join Brawl, he's too cool being the "ultimate megaman" fusion. Although classic megaman would be nice too since Sakurai likes retro characters. But he's also looking for characters from newer games that were good as well.
No...Classic...X would have been a better suggestion than ZX

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Agreed.

And you know what, I was thinking: screw Bass and Proto Man! Cuts Man should be next on the Megaman character list! Cuts man for Brawl!

Lolz.

But seriously, imagine if Proto Man was an AT. If my memory serves me correctly, he helps you out in MM3... or at least one of the early MM games. He could run around and push people off the stage with his shield. He'd act like a big Marill, except 100x more BADASS!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bass as a AT...he'd headbutt everyone! XD nah, Bass should be a boss, but Protoman should shoot people really, really, fast, and then dodge and run while doing it. Bass would be a sweet boss, Cutman would be a sweet AT, Gutsman would be a sweet AT, and Wily should totally be a boss.

And electman and pharohman rock! They should totally make cameo appearances or something. :)

Sinn

Smash Lord
I was actually thinking something similar to bluebomber's idea...his stage could have a whole bunch of the other robot masters in the background, either in the museum set up, or walkin' around doing stuff and watching the fight like in the Animal Crossing stage.

Top Bottom