• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well actually i presume there are more than 4 seeing as the Zelda bit didn't even have something like "Zelda: Battle theme" and the downward pointing arrow ; )

But i think i know what style the game will have now... (The last one had kinda Techno / cyber style to the menu screens and stuff).

Mega man is Mega cool DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDES!

gnosis

Smash Lord
I really hope Megaman gets in now, because it's common knowledge that the series has some of the best VG music out there, and with a Megaman stage + My Music... so dreamy.

Not that he wasn't already my number 1 pick for a 3rd party.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well of course he would be eating a third party slot... which he deserves more than any (Even Sonic).

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So... they were on good terms, thus, he should be in? Screw the rivalries, LET'S GET BUDDY BUDDY
-_-

Megaman has been with Nintendo since Megaman 1; On the NES. Since then, nearly every Megaman game, aside from Megaman X7, X8, and a few others that were exclusive to the PS2 and Sega (though with recent 'greatest hits/anniversary' collections, they're finding their way to Nintendo systems). As far as third parties go, Megaman would be most deserving, since he has such strong roots to the Nintendo system.

Not to say Sonic doesn't (he never started on Nintendo, that's for sure), but as for the rivalry back in the 90's, with Nintendo vs. Sega, having Sonic in Brawl isn't a horrid idea.

As I've said, not opposed to Sonic in Brawl, but I still don't like him or want him there. I can live with him in Brawl though.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. Megaman is fun but Sonic would fit so much better into the game.

Unless I missed the epic war between Mario and Megaman when I was 7...
He wouldn't fit in with his crappy obnoxious voice though. Gives Captain Falc a run for his money... And there was not physical war between Mario and Sonic, there was a war on which games were better and who would eventually destroy who, and now that Sonic only appears in lackluster games on Nintendo systems.... I WONDER who won...

But we need to keep that iconic failure out of this topic. Anyway, I heard that Sakurai comment on a Megaman suggestions in those blog things he had up on the pre-brawl site, what did he say specifically?

johnjoelw

Smash Cadet
No no no. Fierce Diety would be Young Link's FS.
Besides, Link's dB is already t3h b0mbz.

And the order of best Zelda characters suited for Smash in my book would have to go:
Sheik = Ganondorf = FDLink = CSLink = Vaati

...Alright, I admit it. I just want them ALL! I can't choose who I want the most!
Shiek by far.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I really hope Megaman gets in now, because it's common knowledge that the series has some of the best VG music out there, and with a Megaman stage + My Music... so dreamy.

Not that he wasn't already my number 1 pick for a 3rd party.
I would personally give the title of best video game music to the Chrono series...and pits and pieces to other Square titles...but then, I'm a Nobou fanatic (plays SSBB Main Theme while writing this). I do like Mega Man music a lot though, and I think it would be hard to decide just what songs I would want in there most...I love a lot of the stuff from the X series...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
He wouldn't fit in with his crappy obnoxious voice though. Gives Captain Falc a run for his money... And there was not physical war between Mario and Sonic, there was a war on which games were better and who would eventually destroy who, and now that Sonic only appears in lackluster games on Nintendo systems.... I WONDER who won...

But we need to keep that iconic failure out of this topic. Anyway, I heard that Sakurai comment on a Megaman suggestions in those blog things he had up on the pre-brawl site, what did he say specifically?
according a thread on here (i think parrothead made it) where someone translated sakurai's comments, he didnt say anything specific about mega man. Although the poster did say by all indications sakurai is very aware of mega man and his chance are high.

I'll post my four favorite mm songs again cuz i want to see everyone's favorites, we're getting AT LEAST 4 so why not:

Dr. Wily Stage 1 (MM2)
Storm Eagle (MMX)
Theme of Rockman (MvC)
Sigma Theme (MMX7)

gnosis

Smash Lord
I would personally give the title of best video game music to the Chrono series...and pits and pieces to other Square titles...but then, I'm a Nobou fanatic (plays SSBB Main Theme while writing this). I do like Mega Man music a lot though, and I think it would be hard to decide just what songs I would want in there most...I love a lot of the stuff from the X series...
"some of the" =/= "the"

:D

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Zomg Music confirmed for brawl!

Next week is either 2 new comers or 1 third party character... *crosses fingers for Bomber man*... *To be shot*

miller483

Smash Ace
IF Megaman makes it in, I think this new update would work for him. He could have these songs for example:

1. MM1- Cut Man Stage
2.MM2 -Dr Wily Stage 1
3.MM2 - Title Screen
4.MM2 - Air Man Stage (I dont think this one would make it, but its my favorite Robot Master tune.)

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
according a thread on here (i think parrothead made it) where someone translated sakurai's comments, he didnt say anything specific about mega man. Although the poster did say by all indications sakurai is very aware of mega man and his chance are high.

I'll post my four favorite mm songs again cuz i want to see everyone's favorites, we're getting AT LEAST 4 so why not:

Dr. Wily Stage 1 (MM2)
Storm Eagle (MMX)
Theme of Rockman (MvC)
Sigma Theme (MMX7)
Well according to inafune, he is okay with it but it's up to nintendo if he got in (he also said it would be a nice surprise... hmmm makes you wonder), so if nintendo wanted him, he would basically be in now, no problems. I do know that it would be a lot of work to get 3rd parties in Smash.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
If Megaman is playable, do you think he should be able to take a power from the opponents he KOs and after he kills more than one if he presses Down-B he should be able to alternate between the KOs in a Versus match. This of course would only last for that match.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
NO!!! EdwardGordon what to the megamanized smash characters sig?????? your new is cool too but not half as sick as your other one!

anyway, for some STRANGE reason i can imagine megaman doing the falcon knee as well...

hmm maybe its because of THIS!

hahaha lol. Falcon knee, Falcon armor? get it? lol

EDIT: Sorry for crushing the screen

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey i need your help A LOT guys can any of you find the Proto man sprite where the camera is behind him and his scarf is flapping in the wind?

I cant find it anywhere but can you guys help? PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ i will even let you look at my three Custom Mm sprites sheets.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
NVM Just found it... Dang it has his shield on as well...

Anyways you still wanna see my sprites?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ok...

This one is just something random i was doing... he he Bass + Mega + Joe : P

This is a villain in one of my comics (Space cowboy Twelve's)

And this is the main character in that Comic XD : P

Thanks for the sprites by the way... those are much better than the others i found.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea those boots look armor plated... at least he wont get hurt from the spikes XD

Twelve's for Brawl! XD

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea his Final smash can be... He sends all the characters to a level filled with moving platforms and spikes XD

Top Bottom