• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Heh, I thought the slide was great (and in the case of Charge Man's power...strange o_O), but every time I think about it, I think of how in Bob and George they made Mega Man hate the slide so much that he wouldn't use it.

Sinn

Smash Lord
OMG, Bob and George, only the first sprite comic EVER. Well...maybe not ever. But certainly the most well known. It existed before 8-Bit Theater ever did.

http://www.bobandgeorge.com/

Yay for Mega Man parodies. Also, they finally finished the story, so now they're reposting the whole comic with commentary. Huzzah!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Edward Gordon: whoa, i didnt even notice it was in maintenance. well, wanna see your creations too. theyre really good (u do them off photoshop right?). also i dont think anyone said anything about yer MetaKnight one, which was cool btw XD oh yea, i forgot to say earlier, id have thought it was u who made the Megaman one hahaha(unless u said that already earlier in the thread :ohwell:
anywayz: did anyone bring up Rush, Tango, or (dare i say it) Data yet? just wondering. wut would they be in Brawl?

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Edward Gordon: whoa, i didnt even notice it was in maintenance. well, wanna see your creations too. theyre really good (u do them off photoshop right?). also i dont think anyone said anything about yer MetaKnight one, which was cool btw XD oh yea, i forgot to say earlier, id have thought it was u who made the Megaman one hahaha(unless u said that already earlier in the thread :ohwell:
anywayz: did anyone bring up Rush, Tango, or (dare i say it) Data yet? just wondering. wut would they be in Brawl?
Thanks. I just finished my new signature, but I'll put it up once photobucket comes back up.
It contains 22 characters (including Megaman).
I hope everyone will like it....
I'm going to start writing a SmashComic using all the characters in the forms of megaman sprites.
And I'll start posting them on here. :D

Legolastom

Smash Hero
STFU you stupid noob.

Bob and George is more important than you will ever be EVER!! (In your entire life!!)

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
What if Megaman was made like the IceClimbers, with Roll following him around?
Or like he was in Marvel vs Capcom, he has his dog following him around.....?

By and by, I finally got access into photobucket.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Nice edits in your sig BTW did you make em? and no just no he never even done that in any of the games... BUT if they could have rush follow him around and assist in some of his moves (A bit like IC's but not much) then that would be a great idea.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Data would obviously dance, automatically killing whomever touches him.

Bob and George rules, I don't think I've ever seen a funnier web comic. I loved the game parodies especially.

P.S. Megaman X8 had Optic Sunflower. OPTIC-FREAKIN'-SUNFLOWER. However bad X8 was, though, it was infinitely better with the chance to fight Cut Man in Optic Sunflower's stage.

P.S.S. You should do IC next.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Nice edits in your sig BTW did you make em? and no just no he never even done that in any of the games... BUT if they could have rush follow him around and assist in some of his moves (A bit like IC's but not much) then that would be a great idea.
Made them using the paint program and the sprites from Megaman 1 & 2.

I agree with said statements.

Sinn

Smash Lord
STFU you stupid noob.

Bob and George is more important than you will ever be EVER!! (In your entire life!!)
I fewer than three you <3

This Artwork Emporium that was mentioned...are there artists wh0ring out their talents to people who have none, by chance...? >.> <.<

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
STFU you stupid noob.

*Sigh*

Why does it fail?

Because it's nothing really. It's just a sprite comic of stuff. The guy who works on it doesn't even do his own sprites and just recolors them.

And it's full of nothing but toilet and potty humor which I don't find funny after 500 comics worth of it.

People need to stop being blind and open their eyes about this. It's just a sprite comic, a mediocre one at best.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Bob and George was filled with way more self-depreciating humor that made fun of the comic (creator and cast alike), than toilet humor. Seriously, I've read the whole thing and I can't really remember anything of the sort, with possible exception to Mega Man associating the names of some of the robot masters to being...somewhat questionable in nature (Flash Man? Hard Man? "Is it just me? Am I the pervert?").

And I think you're not giving BnG enough credit. Seriously, at the beginning, of course all he had were recolors because he was new to the sprite manipulation. As time went on, the vast majority of his sprites were edited by himself. Add that to the fact that he nearly NEVER missed an update, seven days a week, and when he did he would post double updates until the comic was caught back up...that's a lot of work over a long amount of time. I had a sprite comic I worked on for about seventy strips, and eventually it just got to be too time consuming for me anymore (though I might start it back up again in the future).

BnG may not be the BEST comic out there, and it may not even be the best SPRITE comic out there. But in my opinion, it's the best MEGA MAN related comic ever created. A twisted story about the characters of the Mega Man universe that "could have been" the real story. The game parodies alone are great to read...and don't even get me started on the Evil Mega Man story arch.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
And remember that it was one of the 1st sprite comics so all there is was recolours plus you try making a comic and updating it EVERY SINGLE DAY for 7 years (Not to mention all those long winding story lines).

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
wow Sinn, way to stick up for BnG! the comics are funny IMO, but everyone has different views on things, i think Xeroo is just too mature for BnG's humor i guess...
EdwardGordon: dude seriously. props on yer sprites. theyre really good. id have thought they wer already made hahaha. the Snake one looks really cool (and u used PAINT?!?! dude, thats awesome. i thought u used Photo Shop...wow hahaha)

anywayz: Data would pwn in Brawl XD the Rush idea sounds pretty cool. Roll would most likely be Rock's Nana tho haha. she could use that gun from Marvel vs Capcom

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You know Photoshop doesn't really make spriting any better than in paint...

Anyways i have read all the BnG and almost all the sub comics my fave (Out of all of them) is Metroid third deviant (Or whatever the last word is cant remember) its starting back up again Yay!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Not as much as him (You just have to look at his username to know it) god **** would i rather a MM update or a Ridley one ARGHH!! I WANT THEM BOTH! (But we will most probably get an item : P)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
MM Legends was one of the good ones by the way so it isn't wise dissing it... or X maybe new Zero but not old Zero.

MegaMaritaladvisor For brawl!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
... you posted that mere seconds (Or less) after mine... creepy!

But welcome none the less and remember as long as you don't mention EXE you will be alright.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
... you posted that mere seconds (Or less) after mine... creepy!

But welcome none the less and remember as long as you don't mention EXE you will be alright.

That's Battle Network, yes?

Megaman, Megaman X, and Zero FTW.

The only Megaman I liked from the battle network was the costume that gives him the ninja face mask. ^ ^

Top Bottom