• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Beat was my favorite way to beat Wily's final form in Mega Man V. If you got the timing right, you could know EXACTLY where he was going to appear next since Beat would fly straight to it before he got there.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yes, id say about 70% want classic mega man, myself included. and about 20% for X. 5% for zero and another 5% for .exe

Oh and i love drill bombs!

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
OMGEEE EDWARD GORDON YOU HAVE THE BEST SIG ON SMASHBOARDS!!!!!!

did you make it?? That C.Falcon is sick as hell....funny how kirby is still the same lol.
Yes, I made it a couple hours ago using paint.

And I just noticed the drag thing as well.... ummm yeah....
I'm just going to leave it that way.

Thanks for the enormous compliment. I mean, there's A LOT of people on here.... :D
But thanks.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, I made it a couple hours ago using paint.

And I just noticed the drag thing as well.... ummm yeah....
I'm just going to leave it that way.

Thanks for the enormous compliment. I mean, there's A LOT of people on here.... :D
But thanks.
You used the Megaman sprite...right?

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Both the original one and the one from Megaman 2 (with his helmet off).
Though, I feel I rushed some of them. I think the only good ones are Samus, Ike, Pit, Falcon and Link...

The rest either suck or are a little off or in drag.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
thats definately the classic mega man sprite. once again GREAT JOB and Very creative imo. Cant wait to see Snake and Meta Knight Megamanized lol

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Megaman should fly. I don't know why.
I think if he's in the game, you should just take a power from anyone you kill.

Then you can use that power with Down B. But if you knock someone else off your power will change.

So if you knock off Charizard, you should get wings or something.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
thats definately the classic mega man sprite. once again GREAT JOB and Very creative imo. Cant wait to see Snake and Meta Knight Megamanized lol
I'll do Snake, but MetaKnight is a different story. Him, Kirby, and Wario are weird builds and well... you saw how Kirby turned out. lol

But yeah I'll to work on Snake, Ganondorf, and any others I can think of.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I've never been a fan of letting Megaman have his copy powers. I'd rather he use ONLY weapons in his games.
I agree and understand what you're saying, but taking powers is the essence of Megaman. You couldn't have him in Brawl without that ability.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I agree and understand what you're saying, but taking powers is the essence of Megaman. You couldn't have him in Brawl without that ability.
true his power stealing ability is apart of the essence of mega man, but its not necessary for his moveset. look at MvC, he couldnt copy powers in that game and his moveset was good. im still on the fence on this issue.

On the flying thing in reference to the gliding techhnique showed today, mega man can fly with the jet adaptor in mm6, but it would work more like Diddy kongs rocketbarrel than wings.

Just got a crazy, prolly too crazy idea, what if mega man could "glide" by pullin out rush jet during his mid air (second) jump?? he would own the other gliders lol

But seriously "If you stall out in midair or get attacked, your flight will get cancelled."

i cant wait to blast these winged pieces of crap out of the sky!!!

Mega Buster FTW!!!!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Do you think the move has to have any knock back for that to work? If not, Fox will be even cheaper by pelting gliders with lasers and making them drop out of the sky...

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Simple. HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD. Seriously, how many times has he died now? Besides, he's a disgrace to Megaman. He's been shoved into every game series but Classic and Legends. Bass was way better.

But then again, I love Megaman Legends, so I may be somewhat biased.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Do you think the move has to have any knock back for that to work? If not, Fox will be even cheaper by pelting gliders with lasers and making them drop out of the sky...
You bring up a very ineteresting issue. and i agree. i think the move will have to have some knock back to break the glide. and mega man's buster most surely will

Simple. HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD. Seriously, how many times has he died now? Besides, he's a disgrace to Megaman. He's been shoved into every game series but Classic and Legends. Bass was way better.

But then again, I love Megaman Legends, so I may be somewhat biased.
you'll be dissapointed to know Zero was initially going to be Mega Man X but Inafune decided against it because he felt it would be too difficult for fans of classic mega man to relate the two

Sinn

Smash Lord
So the story of X is REALLY the story of Zero told from X's perspective...interesting. I wondered why the game seemed so much more about Zero than X at points.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Never cared that much for Megaman X games anyways. Some bosses were cool. (Red Rose ftw) Not much else, though.

Megaman's ten times better than Zero. Without Megaman, Zero would've never even existed.
I like the gameplay better

Dash and Double Jump!!!

Megaman classic would be perfect if he had those...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Megaman Classic could dash. And he could fly using the Rush Jet.
You had to summon it and it was annoying...

Classic Megaman could not do X's dash

Edit: Also wall jump...if Megaman had that...invincible...

and the slide was not as useful as X's dash...

Sinn

Smash Lord
What were the advantages the slide had over the dash...? Because I thought the dash was better in just about every way.

And yeah, I would agree that one of the reasons I thought the X series was so fun to play was that X was so much more maneuverable and speedy than Mega Man. The SNES games are still my favorites...they added so much extra stuff in the later ones...Mega Man, on the other hand, never really got messed with that much, and I liked the way all of them played. If they'da just kept the X series more like it was originally...

EDIT: Holy rusted metal, EdwardGordon, that's really flippin' sweet!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah edwardGordon nice MegaKnight lol

Well the slide reduces your height, making it easier to avoid bosses/enemies jumping over you. it was also useful for getting into secret areas

Sinn

Smash Lord
yeah edwardGordon nice MegaKnight lol

Well the slide reduces your height, making it easier to avoid bosses/enemies jumping over you. it was also useful for getting into secret areas
I used the dash in a similar way for bosses. He may not go AS low, but the way that he dashes does make him shorter. And the dash was also good for reaching secret areas (like the buster upgrade in Flame Mammoth's stage)...most of them just involve jumping as well ^-^;

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't forget X's ability that if he doesn't jump high enough and lands on the wall he stays on it and can use it to jump higher...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I used the dash in a similar way for bosses. He may not go AS low, but the way that he dashes does make him shorter. And the dash was also good for reaching secret areas (like the buster upgrade in Flame Mammoth's stage)...most of them just involve jumping as well ^-^;
true, i agree the dash was more useful for jumping. but the slide is still not obsolete in comparison

cant wait to see the rest of your creations EG

Top Bottom