• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
-.- I am just saying that wall grabbing and classic Mega Man just don't go together at all.
Neither does Ness and elemental PSI, but that worked out fine. If they give Megaman abilities that span across his different incarnations, then all his fans should be happy, regardless of which Megaman makes the cut.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
next week is the final week before it release in japan 1-31-08 but we have to cross are fingers fast and think fast before megaman confrimed on the dojo

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Lads, a Dojo confirmation would be grand, but we're most likely going to get a confirmation in the form of a caffeine addict's poorly constructed video. Or perhaps a multitude of VHS masterpiece.

In any case, the true confirmation will most likely come from our brethren overseas, not from the corporate offices of the heroes in charge of building such a project. Let's have patience, and we may be rewarded sooner than we expect.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
I just thought of something regarding that podcast (and to hopefully shoot down the ******* who think it really means anything).

First off, there's that podcast released around Christmas. In that podcast, Inafune (as we all know) says that he hasn't been contacted regarding Megaman possibly being in Brawl.

Now, let's rewind to October, the time when the N Project chat log came up regarding a deal to get Megaman into Brawl. Seems hopeful, right?

Fast forward to the Megaman 20th Anniversary celebration in November. Inafune is asked again about Megaman possibly being in Brawl, and he simply laughs it off and says, "No comment."

Hold it right there. "No comment?" This indicates that Inafune knows something. HOWEVER...the podcast was released in December, thus wreaking fanboy havoc on Christmas.

But let's think logically about this. It doesn't make sense that Inafune would give us such a confident (if a bit jokey) "No comment" only to follow up with something as depressing as "I haven't been called yet." It should really be the other way around.

There is, however, a growing belief that the podcast was recorded in June. If that's the case, this should be the logical order of events:

-Podcast: They didn't call
-N Project blog with small detail on dealings with Capcom
-Event: No comment lol

So now that I think about it, I seriously doubt that Inafune was left out of the loop on this one. He might not have control over Megaman, but he practically made Classic Megaman into what we know him as today, so if Megaman truly is in, the likelihood is that we got Classic and Inafune is just the man turn to if you want anything with a Classic Megaman flair to it.

Anyway, I just wanted to post my two cents regarding the podcast such. C+C?

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
How many times did reps from Sega lie about Sonic?

All of Inafune's lolling is more telling than what he's saying in words. Due to the order of events, yes, like you said, but also because of the fact that, well, we've been here before. A simple no would have sufficed in any encounter, but that's not what he said, and that's not what Yuji Naka said.

Now, there's a chance the laughing was sort of a "I've answered this question a hundred thousand times before. The answer's still the same," so it might be worth researching that particular point. However, there's a lot of doubt strewn about by his reactions and the order of interactions, and really, the words he was using every time he's gone on record.

In short, I think that whether or not Megaman's in the final product, Capcom was definitely involved in some way.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
-.- I am just saying that wall grabbing and classic Mega Man just don't go together at all.
What makes you say that? Rockman has been able to jump from walls before, & that's way more than can be said about Diddy. Young Link could wall jump in Melee, & he had never been able to do anything like that before.

SuperMega233

Smash Rookie
I really hope Megaman will make it. He really deserves this. Go Megaman!

Oh, and I don't believe any prophets other than Rapscouter or Chaos Zero. They won't make me believe anything.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Just 4 updates to reveal him before the game hits! But does Sakurai really need to show us Mega Man before the game comes out? The game is prettymuch sold out right now, and it doesn't need any more hype imho. I would prefer the "Dojo way" rather than reading his name in a roster list after release.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
We didn't get a character last week (Actually we got 3), so if we get a new character it's going to be a newcomer and most likely 3rd party.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
this week ssbb will release in japan this week on thursday and i want to see megaman this week before it's release in japan but we got to see megaman on the dojo this week for that

SuperMega233

Smash Rookie
We will still get updates even after the Japanese release, but even so, we will all know the truth really soon.

Noah Evangale

Smash Rookie
But does Sakurai really need to show us Mega Man before the game comes out?

Doesn't matter either way for me. They don't need to go ahead and announce every single character before the games' release. Even with Melee, they were announcing New Challengers one at a time, once a week on the Melee website after the game was released. If Mega Man isn't among the updates within the next week, it doesn't mean he's officially not in it.

I'll just be happy knowing that he's in it. It really doesn't matter to me how long the wait.

I know what you mean by the "Dojo Way" though. If they announce Mega Man by next week, it will probably make us want the game even more, eagerly waiting to sit down and play the game then finally, unlock Mega Man rather than, "Well, I got the game now. Time to sit down and play and see what else the game has in store."

Mega Man's confirmation would just add even MORE hype then the game already has.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah sakurai doesnt HAVE to add anymore hype to this game. Its gonna pretty much sell out everywhere. plus, i originally thought he would save the last 3rd party to right before release as a final surprise or a trump card.

I look to see Mega Man confirmed on the Dojo or through a leak THIS WEEK.

i cant believe its almost time!

Mega Man 4 brawl!!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
72 hours? wow, time passed quick.
Only several more days till we see an image of Mega Man in the roster!:bee:

SuperMega233

Smash Rookie
Lets hope for tonights update. If Megaman is confirmed, then we will know exactly what prophets are actually telling the truth, and what prophets are actually lieing.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to keep my hopes up for Mega Man until I see the final roster. I doubt Sakurai is going to show any secret characters until after Japan's release. In that case, I hope you guys don't think he's out of the picture until the final roster is shown. Let's hope for the best guys.

elee88

Smash Cadet
i don't think that megaman would be released before the japanese date, but nonetheless megaman for brawlll! w00t

Del Money

Smash Champion
I'll probably be hated for saying this, but I've gotta say it anyway...I've like 80% lost faith in Mega Man appearing in Brawl and here's why:

1. We still haven't been receiving characters at the steady rate that we were used to before. You'd think if we really had tons more characters to be revealed (tons more an in more than say 35 characters total), there would be such absurdly large gaps between character confirmations.

2. I know the 35 character thing has been "debunked" by ideal logic, but here's the realistic logic...games fall short. There are games that you anticipate for a long time that you expect the game to be flawless by the time it reaches your hands and yet there are still absurd shortcomings...not enough to warrant you to hate the game, but just stuff that you find hard believe they overlooked. While Brawl is without a doubt going to be a great game, I know there'll be character inclusions/exclusions that will leave you wondering "why the hell...?"...and not in a positive manner. I honestly don't care what anyone says...overlooking Mega Man for this game is a huge slap in the face. This game COULD have been perfect were there no 3rd parties at all, but if you're going to allow only a select few 3rd parties then you've just added another requirement for perfection...you've just set the expectation that the biggest 3rd party gaming all-stars of all time SHOULD be in. I just feel like the roster is going to be maybe only 80-85% satisfying to me.

I really want to believe that the reason the character profile updates have slowed down is because (excluding the 3rd parties) we're only getting the starting roster revealed before release...which is why I think Captain Falcon and/or Ness might actually be next and will debunk the Prima List (the ONLY leak that claims Mega Man is in) that some of you including myself want so badly to believe. I really want to believe that the only reason Mega Man hasn't had his 3rd party confirmation on the DOJO like Sonic did was because Sonic has a much larger fanbase for Brawl and because Sega couldn't continually dodge the question of Sonic's inclusion in Brawl especially given the fact that M&S at the Olympics was coming out and that Jun Senoue (Sonic music dude for those who don't know) was releasing an album that would've revealed that Sonic had Brawl music. But as logical as these sound, I feel like I'm just making excuses for Mega Man's inclusion.

I know I'm sounding pessimistic and to be honest, the pessimistic attitude makes it that much sweeter when the result is the opposite. I'll be so pumped if Mega Man makes the roster. But if he doesn't, this may end up being the most depressing thread on the entire forum.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

Top Bottom