• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Well that's it then. It looks like we lost in the end. And to ROB the robot no less. Have I given up hope? Yes, I have now. My faith in Megaman's inclusion has been reduced to 0%, I have nothing left. That grim roster is slowly coming to fruition. My hat's off to you if you still have faith even now.

But be proud fellow RMB comrades, we fought an amazing battle to what looks like the bitter end. We may have fallen, but we can take solace in knowing that many other powerful support groups share our pain. The Geno, Isaac, Krystal, Ridley, and Megaman support groups all fought honorably tooth and nail to show our support, and we can take that with us to our proverbial graves as we put to rest our struggle. Perhaps someday, we will all be blessed with something of equal value to compensate for our loss.

I know not why Nintendo doesn't acknowledge Megaman or his fans for this particular gathering of Gaming greats, but we've done all we can and I'm proud to have fought with the RMB to the end. It has been an honor and a privilege. So one last time for old time sake...

MEGAMAN FOR THE ULTIMATE WIN!!!!!

Capcom and Nintendo aren't friends...

And holy Hell, will you stop complaining at Sakurai for giving you exactly what you want? It seems that as far as you're concerned, the quality of the game is exclusive to who you can play as.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
This roster didnt make the delays worth the wait for me.
Atleast Mega Man is a shoe-in for the next smash(10 years from now):/

And I add on top of it, why do people keep saying that the delays weren't worth it without Mega Man?

The delays weren't made for the sake of adding a single new character.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
Capcom and Nintendo aren't friends...

And holy Hell, will you stop complaining at Sakurai for giving you exactly what you want? It seems that as far as you're concerned, the quality of the game is exclusive to who you can play as.
You know, maybe on some other planets, opinions and wishful thinking should be shunned and shot to hell. Your weak link? This is Earth.

A lot of the fan communities are disappointed, but they're living with it and trying to enjoy the game regardless. Don't pour salt into the wounds.

And DevilRyodo, you can go straight to hell.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
This is just great.

I honestly thought sakurai couldn't fail us. No matter what happened, we would have a superb game on out hands, with a great roster as well. I've never given up faith in him. I thought he would deliver. Give us a large, varied roster, filled with 40+ characters of goodness. He would deliver the most epic fighting game of all time. In some ways, I was right. I mean, a stage builder, online play, and an epic story mode. amazing. But the thing that people wanted most, and the most important aspect of the very smash series, was left in the dust.

Just, why? Why, brawl development team? Why Nintendo? why sakurai? You had more than 2 years to develop this game, and with over 100 people at the helm. why is our roster so pathetic? only 35 characters? Horrible! and whats even worse, were that a lot of widely-demanded characters were outright ignored.

Krystal. How the heck did she not get in? She has a unique moveset, was a popular character, and would add to the female count. Now, admittedly, I absolutely despise krystal, but she was supposed to be a shoe-in for brawl. and who did you put instead? pretty much 2 fox clones. Way to go, guys.
And what about Geno? Yes, it's a well known fact that I hate geno with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns, but I always thought he was a shoe-in as well. He had a large fanbase, and ranked very high on the poll. By not putting in geno, you just let down hundreds of geno fans, who all thought he was going to brawl among the best. Way to completely screw them all over.
and ridley. RIDLEY. I am really f*cking outraged that they decided to make him a boss. He would have added to the number of villain reps, he was one of THE most requested brawl characters, and would have added to the number of metroid reps. and what do they do?
make him a boss. Once again, way to go. You just let down thousands of smash fans who wanted to play as our big purple dragon. and you made him a boss. And to think I thought the development team knew what they were doing.
and mewtwo. Okay seriously? How the hell did one of the strongest, and most important pokemon, who had multiple features and movies dedicated to him, get replaced by a pokemon that's about as important as snorlax in the video games, and only had one measly movie? This pretty much proves the guys who made the brawl roster had no idea what the hell they were doing.
and Megaman. Okay, what? Megaman has been with nintendo for years. He was at least much more deserving than sonic and snake combined. and he was highly demanded. especially in japan. and sakurai decided to completely overlook him? what the hell?
and isaac. I don't have much to say here that wouldn't completely repeat the above, but seriously. WTF mate?

Oh, and also rob. ROB. ROOOOOOB!? You mean they ignored much more deserving retros like takamaru, sukapon, little mac, etc, for ROB!? yes, I understand rob was just supposed to be a WTF character. But it's a really ****ty WTF character. I mean, there are TONS of better WTF characters to chose from, like ayumi taichibana, captain N, magikarp, Dr. Kawashima, Mii, tingle, Luigi with an afro riding on X, etc. But no. they took the unoriginal route, and pulled out a generic subspace enemy. How hilarious.

yes, you may say I got my hopes up to high, but thats the thing: I believed in sakurai. I believed they would deliver us a giant roster. I knew they could. There was over 100 people working on the development. They made an entire studio devoted to this one game. and what was the most important aspect of this game? the characters. Thats why I expected a roster beyond my wildest dreams.
so instead of an incredible game with a huge, impressive roster, we got an incredible game with a really crappy roster.
I thought the team knew what they were doing. I thought they would give us a great roster. I thought wrong.

They failed me. They failed the millions of smash fans, breathing down sakurai's neck, hoping for such a roster. They failed to deliver the most important aspect of smash. They failed us.

I've kept incredibly optimistic. and I'll still be incredibly optimistic. I'll hope that one day, sakurai will announce that we will be able to download other smash characters. I expect one day, when I inevitably obtain brawl, a download for megaman will be on the album. But until then, I can only hope that the brawl team isn't truely as ignorant as they seem now.

But whatever. I suppose I'll have to let out this mindset of mine, and force myself to be satisfied with this terible roster. I'll be stuck with maining pikachu once again, I suppose.
see you later RMB. There's always next time.

-tirkaro.

Spoiled non-fan.

Basically, unless Smash is unrealistically good, Sakurai failed you.

You are a horrible, horrible Smash fan and shouldn't be allowed to buy Smash.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Spoiled non-fan.

Ha ha ha Shut the **** up, we are the fans who have been ****ed around for years by Nintendo and had been looking forward to this game for many years. So seriously shut the **** up, people can complain as much as they ****ing want, they have a right to considering what this roster is like.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Spoiled non-fan.

I thought you were my friend, snitch.

The reason why I expected so much from brawl was because it seemed there was no way brawl could let me down. I mean, an entire company being built, JUST to work on this game? a development team of 100-700? Could you blame me for expecting so much?! There are fighting games made in less than a year that have 50+ characters. yeah, they aren't as polished as SSB, but brawl has a huge dev team, and a lot of time, to make it up. So I obviously expected a godly roster. Heck, not even a godly roster. How hard would it be just to add a couple of fan-favorites, like geno, krystal, ridley, isaac, takamaru, and megaman? heck, just add those, and I would have been satisfied. The fact that the dev team completely neglected these characters, and only ended up with 35 char roster, WITH all the development time they had, and the huge development team, seems unforgivable to me. Nevertheless, I'll still be camping out in front of wal-mart for brawl anyway. and it will be a great game, anyway. But I can't help but to feel empty anyway, with such a disappointing cast of characters.

and that last part was uncalled for, snitch.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Wow tirkaro, you just put all my exact same thoughts in one post. I feel the same way. I believed in Sakurai. I knew not all my wanted characters would get in the game, I would be happy with 2 or 3 of them, but no, nothing.

No K. Rool, no Krystal, no Ridley, no Geno, no Isaac, no more FE characters.....
Edit: Sorry Claus, I nearly forgot you

Oh god this is awful

Those staff members mostly were working on helping create content, gathering info to help make the content, etc.

The reason I flamed you is because people have been so disrespectful to Sakurai, SSBB has more than we could hope for.

Noah Evangale

Smash Rookie
All I know is, Mega Man deserved to be in the game more than SOME characters. Even more than Snake. I mean, come on? He was in ONE NES game waaay back in the day. Mega Man's had at least 30 titles on a Nintendo system, which continues to still grow. And, ROB? WTF is right! We only needed ONE WTF character, but noooo, they bring back Game & Watch (over potential returning characters Roy or Mewtwo). You can tell just by the roster, Nintendo could have made waaaaay better decisions.

Poor Mega Man. He deserves the recognition more than most. My fight for Mega Man's glory will always stand. If there was any hope still, it would be the potential idea of downloading new content to the game via Internet and Wi-Fi/LAN Network Adaptor.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Call me foolish, but even despite looking at the roster and knowing it's one away from fulfilling the 35 guy leak, I'm still going to conserve my opinion until at least this weekend. I hope that's ok with everyone.

Personally, I'm rather happy that ROB made it. I like ROB. I can also see why everyone currently in the game made the cut.

If Megaman doesn't make it, then the game still looks as amazing as can possibly be. If he does, then I'll be all the happier with it. Here's hoping.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Woaw, all I got that really got me excited was Wind Waker Link. The rest of the roster can die. Sakurai neglects the fans...I almost don't want to waste my money on this game. No Mewtwo...he's 10 times more popular then Lucario and Jigglypuff COMBINED! All just because he sucked in Melee. No Ridley, when he was the most desired Nintendo-owned character after Wario and Diddy Kong. And Star Fox gets more reps, when it's series hasn't even sold 4 million units, while Metroid has sold almost 10 million units more. No Krystal, and instead we get the uninspired Wolf, and Falco back. No other 3rd party character, despite how much we wanted it. No 5th Mario rep, yet Pokémon gets 4 (6 with all the PT's 3 Pokémon), Zelda gets 5, and Mario outsells Zelda 4 to 1, and Pokémon 3 to 2.

This shows yet again why Sakurai is a failure. This is his last big game EVER, and he fails it. Hopefully Miyamoto takes over smash, LISTENS TO THE FANS, doesn't focus soley on extra features vs. characters, isn't afraid of adding clones last minute, and knows characters is above all. In all honesty, this roster fails. I hope Miyamoto makes the next smash game, and it blows this game out of the water. R.O.B. will be bottom tier like the Game and Watch of Brawl=randumb, and suckish.

Hopefully the smash series goes in the Miyamoto direction, and Sakurai flunks out making stupid games at Sora, making no money. Miyamoto then will revise the series to Melee's greatness, of characters over EVERYTHING! Seriously, this IS MELEE 2.0! We got 12 characters in 7 years...woaw, just woaw! We got 14 from smash 64 to Melee in two years, and Melee had HALF THE PRODUCTION TIME!

Stage builder, music, story mode, online...they're all wastes of time. This is really, really, really lame, and I can't believe I wasted 12 months of my life speculating this ridiculous roster. Here's to SSB4 getting a new director, and focus on characters first and foremost. :) MEGAMAN, RIDLEY, KRYSTAL, MIIS, BALLOON FIGHTER, ISSAC, KING K. ROOL, BLASTOISE (lulz!), Mewtwo, Roy, Eliwood, Lyn, Waluigi (he'll be big then, hopefully), Bomberman, Geno, Samurai Goroh, Staffy, Takamaru, Claus, and all Brawl characters for SUPER SMASH BROS. 4! :) By the next Nintendo system, we'll see a new smash. Hopefully it isn't a disappointment in character roster like this game. Seriosuly, with Melee I expected 20 at most, and was blown away. This is what we get for Nintendo's dumb policy of focusing on non-smashers and "WTF?" over the fans, and the biggest and most important thing: THE PLAYABLE ROSTER!

Good bye to you all, and I'll be the best Wind Waker Link player in the world! (lulz!) Until Super Smash Bros. 4 and we see it through to the end, let us hope Megaman makes it! :)

Oh my God are your priorities ****ed up.

Music, Stage Builder, Story Mode, Online play = wastes of time?

Yeah, I'm sure everyone would agree.

Oh, typo, I meant to say no one would ever agree with you on that.

You basically said "Let everything about the series stagnate, only character updates!"

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
This is just great.

I honestly thought sakurai couldn't fail us. No matter what happened, we would have a superb game on out hands, with a great roster as well. I've never given up faith in him. I thought he would deliver. Give us a large, varied roster, filled with 40+ characters of goodness. He would deliver the most epic fighting game of all time. In some ways, I was right. I mean, a stage builder, online play, and an epic story mode. amazing. But the thing that people wanted most, and the most important aspect of the very smash series, was left in the dust.

Just, why? Why, brawl development team? Why Nintendo? why sakurai? You had more than 2 years to develop this game, and with over 100 people at the helm. why is our roster so pathetic? only 35 characters? Horrible! and whats even worse, were that a lot of widely-demanded characters were outright ignored.

Krystal. How the heck did she not get in? She has a unique moveset, was a popular character, and would add to the female count. Now, admittedly, I absolutely despise krystal, but she was supposed to be a shoe-in for brawl. and who did you put instead? pretty much 2 fox clones. Way to go, guys.
And what about Geno? Yes, it's a well known fact that I hate geno with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns, but I always thought he was a shoe-in as well. He had a large fanbase, and ranked very high on the poll. By not putting in geno, you just let down hundreds of geno fans, who all thought he was going to brawl among the best. Way to completely screw them all over.
and ridley. RIDLEY. I am really f*cking outraged that they decided to make him a boss. He would have added to the number of villain reps, he was one of THE most requested brawl characters, and would have added to the number of metroid reps. and what do they do?
make him a boss. Once again, way to go. You just let down thousands of smash fans who wanted to play as our big purple dragon. and you made him a boss. And to think I thought the development team knew what they were doing.
and mewtwo. Okay seriously? How the hell did one of the strongest, and most important pokemon, who had multiple features and movies dedicated to him, get replaced by a pokemon that's about as important as snorlax in the video games, and only had one measly movie? This pretty much proves the guys who made the brawl roster had no idea what the hell they were doing.
and Megaman. Okay, what? Megaman has been with nintendo for years. He was at least much more deserving than sonic and snake combined. and he was highly demanded. especially in japan. and sakurai decided to completely overlook him? what the hell?
and isaac. I don't have much to say here that wouldn't completely repeat the above, but seriously. WTF mate?

Oh, and also rob. ROB. ROOOOOOB!? You mean they ignored much more deserving retros like takamaru, sukapon, little mac, etc, for ROB!? yes, I understand rob was just supposed to be a WTF character. But it's a really ****ty WTF character. I mean, there are TONS of better WTF characters to chose from, like ayumi taichibana, captain N, magikarp, Dr. Kawashima, Mii, tingle, Luigi with an afro riding on X, etc. But no. they took the unoriginal route, and pulled out a generic subspace enemy. How hilarious.

yes, you may say I got my hopes up to high, but thats the thing: I believed in sakurai. I believed they would deliver us a giant roster. I knew they could. There was over 100 people working on the development. They made an entire studio devoted to this one game. and what was the most important aspect of this game? the characters. Thats why I expected a roster beyond my wildest dreams.
so instead of an incredible game with a huge, impressive roster, we got an incredible game with a really crappy roster.
I thought the team knew what they were doing. I thought they would give us a great roster. I thought wrong.

They failed me. They failed the millions of smash fans, breathing down sakurai's neck, hoping for such a roster. They failed to deliver the most important aspect of smash. They failed us.

I've kept incredibly optimistic. and I'll still be incredibly optimistic. I'll hope that one day, sakurai will announce that we will be able to download other smash characters. I expect one day, when I inevitably obtain brawl, a download for megaman will be on the album. But until then, I can only hope that the brawl team isn't truely as ignorant as they seem now.

But whatever. I suppose I'll have to let out this mindset of mine, and force myself to be satisfied with this terible roster. I'll be stuck with maining pikachu once again, I suppose.
see you later RMB. There's always next time.

-tirkaro.
Ha ha ha Shut the **** up, we are the fans who have been ****ed around for years by Nintendo and had been looking forward to this game for many years. So seriously shut the **** up, people can complain as much as they ****ing want, they have a right to considering what this roster is like.
I thought you were my friend, snitch.

The reason why I expected so much from brawl was because it seemed there was no way brawl could let me down. I mean, an entire company being built, JUST to work on this game? a development team of 100-700? Could you blame me for expecting so much?! There are fighting games made in less than a year that have 50+ characters. yeah, they aren't as polished as SSB, but brawl has a huge dev team, and a lot of time, to make it up. So I obviously expected a godly roster. Heck, not even a godly roster. How hard would it be just to add a couple of fan-favorites, like geno, krystal, ridley, isaac, takamaru, and megaman? heck, just add those, and I would have been satisfied. The fact that the dev team completely neglected these characters, and only ended up with 35 char roster, WITH all the development time they had, and the huge development team, seems unforgivable to me. Nevertheless, I'll still be camping out in front of wal-mart for brawl anyway. and it will be a great game, anyway. But I can't help but to feel empty anyway, with such a disappointing cast of characters.

and that last part was uncalled for, snitch.
Wow tirkaro, you just put all my exact same thoughts in one post. I feel the same way. I believed in Sakurai. I knew not all my wanted characters would get in the game, I would be happy with 2 or 3 of them, but no, nothing.

No K. Rool, no Krystal, no Ridley, no Geno, no Isaac, no more FE characters.....
Edit: Sorry Claus, I nearly forgot you

Oh god this is awful
All I know is, Mega Man deserved to be in the game more than SOME characters. Even more than Snake. I mean, come on? He was in ONE NES game waaay back in the day. Mega Man's had at least 30 titles on a Nintendo system, which continues to still grow. And, ROB? WTF is right! We only needed ONE WTF character, but noooo, they bring back Game & Watch (over potential returning characters Roy or Mewtwo). You can tell just by the roster, Nintendo could have made waaaaay better decisions.

Poor Mega Man. He deserves the recognition more than most. My fight for Mega Man's glory will always stand. If there was any hope still, it would be the potential idea of downloading new content to the game via Internet and Wi-Fi/LAN Network Adaptor.
Woaw, all I got that really got me excited was Wind Waker Link. The rest of the roster can die. Sakurai neglects the fans...I almost don't want to waste my money on this game. No Mewtwo...he's 10 times more popular then Lucario and Jigglypuff COMBINED! All just because he sucked in Melee. No Ridley, when he was the most desired Nintendo-owned character after Wario and Diddy Kong. And Star Fox gets more reps, when it's series hasn't even sold 4 million units, while Metroid has sold almost 10 million units more. No Krystal, and instead we get the uninspired Wolf, and Falco back. No other 3rd party character, despite how much we wanted it. No 5th Mario rep, yet Pokémon gets 4 (6 with all the PT's 3 Pokémon), Zelda gets 5, and Mario outsells Zelda 4 to 1, and Pokémon 3 to 2.

This shows yet again why Sakurai is a failure. This is his last big game EVER, and he fails it. Hopefully Miyamoto takes over smash, LISTENS TO THE FANS, doesn't focus soley on extra features vs. characters, isn't afraid of adding clones last minute, and knows characters is above all. In all honesty, this roster fails. I hope Miyamoto makes the next smash game, and it blows this game out of the water. R.O.B. will be bottom tier like the Game and Watch of Brawl=randumb, and suckish.

Hopefully the smash series goes in the Miyamoto direction, and Sakurai flunks out making stupid games at Sora, making no money. Miyamoto then will revise the series to Melee's greatness, of characters over EVERYTHING! Seriously, this IS MELEE 2.0! We got 12 characters in 7 years...woaw, just woaw! We got 14 from smash 64 to Melee in two years, and Melee had HALF THE PRODUCTION TIME!

Stage builder, music, story mode, online...they're all wastes of time. This is really, really, really lame, and I can't believe I wasted 12 months of my life speculating this ridiculous roster. Here's to SSB4 getting a new director, and focus on characters first and foremost. :) MEGAMAN, RIDLEY, KRYSTAL, MIIS, BALLOON FIGHTER, ISSAC, KING K. ROOL, BLASTOISE (lulz!), Mewtwo, Roy, Eliwood, Lyn, Waluigi (he'll be big then, hopefully), Bomberman, Geno, Samurai Goroh, Staffy, Takamaru, Claus, and all Brawl characters for SUPER SMASH BROS. 4! :) By the next Nintendo system, we'll see a new smash. Hopefully it isn't a disappointment in character roster like this game. Seriously, with Melee I expected 20 at most, and was blown away. This is what we get for Nintendo's dumb policy of focusing on non-smashers and "WTF?" over the fans, and the biggest and most important thing: THE PLAYABLE ROSTER!

Good bye to you all, and I'll be the best Wind Waker Link player in the world! (lulz!) Until Super Smash Bros. 4 and we see it through to the end, let us hope Megaman makes it! :)
I can't even say last words (if they truly are) because everything, flame or not, has been stated already... There's a hope in me that this supposed final roster only reflects characters obtained through the SSE (remember the 65% of characters revealed there deal?) and there might be some work involved in getting all or one of the big 5 (Geno, Megaman, Ridley *sigh*, Krystal, Issac) and my two old hopefuls Micahlah and Mewtwo *sigh again* but it's really looking hard for us now. Either way, I'll be happily Brawling with Pit, Ike, Marth & Luigi from now until SSB4 and anyone who wants it can get it!:laugh:

It's always good to end on a good note, so with that said, bksbestbwoy, RMB informant, out.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well if this is an end, RMB went out with a bang. And let's hope and pray for SSB4 (unlikely) or downloadable content=characters! (also unlikely; it'd be mad mindgames, though). Seriously though, after the basic gameplay and pyhsics are set, characters is the main and really only prioriety. Then stages, then items, and then the story mode. Then figure out how all this shall work online. Seriously though, there is still some hope, but don't bet on it. ;)

If this roster is debunked, we win...we all win. No matter whoever is confirmed that's not Wolf, we'd all open them with open hands. Also, Ridley appears in two forms and looks, oddly enough. He's bluish-purple, and blackish-red, oddly enough! XD

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i did not know who put up the sporiled imaged , videos and all the leaked characters who done that because the smash fans are complaining for now but they did not put any newcomers secret characters in there only the veterans secret characters and it not fair because of lucario and R.O.B what rob will have it's movesets when it's on a playable character but instead of puting the next 3rd party characters like megaman is gonna be on brawl no they will have two third party's instead of amount of four when sakurai on the smashboards for last year in the month of late auguest they supposed to trust the smash fan's but sakurai he did not trust them for now

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well if this is an end, RMB went out with a bang. And let's hope and pray for SSB4 (unlikely) or downloadable content=characters! (also unlikely; it'd be mad mindgames, though). Seriously though, after the basic gameplay and pyhsics are set, characters is the main and really only prioriety. Then stages, then items, and then the story mode. Then figure out how all this shall work online. Seriously though, there is still some hope, but don't bet on it. ;)

If this roster is debunked, we win...we all win. No matter whoever is confirmed that's not Wolf, we'd all open them with open hands. Also, Ridley appears in two forms and looks, oddly enough. He's bluish-purple, and blackish-red, oddly enough! XD

If this is the end, I was and always will be a proud member of RMB, the Geno Alliance, and the Knights of Elibe. The Knights of a Drowning Kingdom may have succeded, but with my top Brawl pick confirmed, these 3 are the characters I want the most. I don't expect any of them, but they'd be nice. But anyone that isn't Wolf is a great addition at the current moment.

I'm going to laugh if this is ALL SAKURAI, and he's got like 8 more characters, lol! :laugh: He did it with Sonic and Ness, he'll do it again! :laugh:

AnimaBolt

Smash Cadet
Point exactly John.

Who's to say Rockman isn't a secret character the Sakurai is refusing to show us?

Remember folks, In 2 days, we'll know everything.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Point exactly John.

Who's to say Rockman isn't a secret character the Sakurai is refusing to show us?

Remember folks, In 2 days, we'll know everything.
Uhh, no, quit kidding yourself.

Megaman isn't in guys. I'm not some hater either, check the sig (and avatar).

Oh well. In the words of Chrisette Michele:

"I'ma Be OK,
I'ma Be OK,
I'll survive,
I'll be fine,
I won't cry,
No way"

:(

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
The way I see it, there are some ways for Megaman to be in. For one, I believe Sakurai said that only about two thirds of the hidden guys would be unlocked via SSE. Were any unlocked so far otherwise? That would mean the entire 35 character roster is based on SSE. Who's to say they can't add a few more? There's the issue of placement, but to add four guys and another column wouldn't be such a big deal, especially if there's a small wave of unlockables that can only be gotten AFTER SSE. Icon 19 is probably ROB's Gyro, but there are bigger numbers, after all. There's the issue of that save screen, which has 36 spaces for faces. Maybe hidden guys don't get faces.

I'm holding out hope for the weekend. Call me delusional, but I think there's still a fighting shot. After Sunday, if nothing surfaces that could possibly implicate a final third party, then I guess I'd have to throw in my towel. Then, when the game comes out in March, I'll play the Hell out of it, because Megaman or not, this is still looking to be one of the best **** games to ever be made.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Bluebomber and Pluvius are both thinking the same way I am... We can't give up until we know for sure other things can't be unlocked.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@tirkaro
I agree wholeheartedly.

@DrNAshTear
I'm not refusin to buy Brawl or a Wii...that's just dumb. I'm simply saying I'm not in any rush to get one anymore and I'm much happy doing what I normally do and buy the system and game for a fraction of what you guys paid...especially since the game that would've broken that habit for me (Brawl) fell short of the expectations I had for it. It will no doubt be a great game. Online play is huge. And the SSE is absolutely amazing too. But the roster was something that Sakurai CLEARLY implied that he wanted improvement upon from melee. He spoke about the cloned characters. And he even took fan suggestions for characters...yet somehow he managed to ignore 3 of the most requesting 1st party characters (Ridley, Geno, Krystal). And the 2nd most wanted 3rd party (Mega Man). And don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of them (except MegaMan). But when you request consumer preference like that and then fail to comply with that consumer demand, that's huge slap in the face. Instead, he sugarcoats it with an abomination like R.O.B and expects people to treat the game like it's flawless. A flawless game lives up to all expectations. And while Brawl has a lot of content, Sakurai made it CLEAR that a satisfying roster was TOP priority...and then decided to play the "I-don't-give-a-****" card.

@Snitch
You might be the most ignorant person I've ever met. You don't even know what the **** you're talking about. Instead, you just want to jump on the "der-ur-all-beeng-unapreeshative" bandwagon like an idiot just looking to piss people off. Had Sakurai not initially made it CLEAR that he cared about consumer character preference (i.e. HIS POLL) then there'd would be no reason to be upset. I appreciate online play greatly. I appreciate the SSE greatly. The the one thing that Sakurai went straight to the gans about, he couldn't follo through with. Tell me something, Snitch...if you ask me to make you an apple pie with a cherry on top and I baked you an apple pie and put a hunk of **** on top instead...would you be appreciative of the pie? So basically shut your damm mouth.

Mega Man 4 MM9 (working title)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Hi there! *waves*
Sorry there! How could I forget you, lol

@tirkaro
I agree wholeheartedly.

@DrNAshTear
I'm not refusin to buy Brawl or a Wii...that's just dumb. I'm simply saying I'm not in any rush to get one anymore and I'm much happy doing what I normally do and buy the system and game for a fraction of what you guys paid...especially since the game that would've broken that habit for me (Brawl) fell short of the expectations I had for it. It will no doubt be a great game. Online play is huge. And the SSE is absolutely amazing too. But the roster was something that Sakurai CLEARLY implied that he wanted improvement upon from melee. He spoke about the cloned characters. And he even took fan suggestions for characters...yet somehow he managed to ignore 3 of the most requesting 1st party characters (Ridley, Geno, Krystal). And the 2nd most wanted 3rd party (Mega Man). And don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of them (except MegaMan). But when you request consumer preference like that and then fail to comply with that consumer demand, that's huge slap in the face. Instead, he sugarcoats it with an abomination like R.O.B and expects people to treat the game like it's flawless. A flawless game lives up to all expectations. And while Brawl has a lot of content, Sakurai made it CLEAR that a satisfying roster was TOP priority...and then decided to play the "I-don't-give-a-****" card.

@Snitch
You might be the most ignorant person I've ever met. You don't even know what the **** you're talking about. Instead, you just want to jump on the "der-ur-all-beeng-unapreeshative" bandwagon like an idiot just looking to piss people off. Had Sakurai not initially made it CLEAR that he cared about consumer character preference (i.e. HIS POLL) then there'd would be no reason to be upset. I appreciate online play greatly. I appreciate the SSE greatly. The the one thing that Sakurai went straight to the gans about, he couldn't follo through with. Tell me something, Snitch...if you ask me to make you an apple pie with a cherry on top and I baked you an apple pie and put a hunk of **** on top instead...would you be appreciative of the pie? So basically shut your damm mouth.

Mega Man 4 MM9 (working title)
Once again, Del comes through with the serious insight.

Kokuon

Smash Rookie
Wow, I'm rather unimpressed. This is the roster that Sakurai had in mind? He really failed to deliver. I trusted that man. Man, I'm pretty bummed out. Seriously, how could he do this? This is not at all, what I had hoped for. He hyped the game up too much.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Sorry, Del, I misunderstood.

I'm fairly certain that everyone here will play the game and love it anyway, and quickly forget about what a let down it was to not have this guy or that guy in there.

And once again, until we have a screen shot from someone who's unlocked all the secret characters, it's fair to say that there's at least one more guy to unlock. There's still room for four more guys, even if they don't shrink the boxes (playing in Photoshop is fun), and I wouldn't be surprised if we wound up with downloadables later on down the road (if Nintendo ever does figure out how to work an online service... WHERE'S OUR BRAWL DEMO???). Seriously, one new guy a month wouldn't be so bad, especially if it meant eventually making the fans of certain guys happy. It would be tricky, but ultimately doable, I think. There's no reason there can't be even a second page for additional guys.

All that said, I feel that the roster, while cool, is lacking in new additions, especially for unlockables. Only four are unknown, and two of them are the second parties, which I feel should have been left in a category all their own. The roster, if the 35 leak is accurate, up to date, and absolute, is a bit incomplete, in my opinion. That doesn't mean, however, I think any less of the game or the effort put into it. I personally am looking forward to building a music collection and discovering all the Assist Trophies and building stages et cetera, and then playing Brawl for years to come.

So, once again, I'm keeping the faith, the logic, and the hope, because it's not over yet! Hopefully I'm not alone in giving a few last cheers for our boy Rock!

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!

Top Bottom