• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The number of regular characters is impressive on its own, but the number of characters represented by the Assist Trophies is truly something.
I don't know, but 35 characters isn't that impressive for me.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I'll probably be hated for saying this, but I've gotta say it anyway...I've like 80% lost faith in Mega Man appearing in Brawl and here's why:

1. We still haven't been receiving characters at the steady rate that we were used to before. You'd think if we really had tons more characters to be revealed (tons more an in more than say 35 characters total), there would be such absurdly large gaps between character confirmations.

2. I know the 35 character thing has been "debunked" by ideal logic, but here's the realistic logic...games fall short. There are games that you anticipate for a long time that you expect the game to be flawless by the time it reaches your hands and yet there are still absurd shortcomings...not enough to warrant you to hate the game, but just stuff that you find hard believe they overlooked. While Brawl is without a doubt going to be a great game, I know there'll be character inclusions/exclusions that will leave you wondering "why the hell...?"...and not in a positive manner. I honestly don't care what anyone says...overlooking Mega Man for this game is a huge slap in the face. This game COULD have been perfect were there no 3rd parties at all, but if you're going to allow only a select few 3rd parties then you've just added another requirement for perfection...you've just set the expectation that the biggest 3rd party gaming all-stars of all time SHOULD be in. I just feel like the roster is going to be maybe only 80-85% satisfying to me.

I really want to believe that the reason the character profile updates have slowed down is because (excluding the 3rd parties) we're only getting the starting roster revealed before release...which is why I think Captain Falcon and/or Ness might actually be next and will debunk the Prima List (the ONLY leak that claims Mega Man is in) that some of you including myself want so badly to believe. I really want to believe that the only reason Mega Man hasn't had his 3rd party confirmation on the DOJO like Sonic did was because Sonic has a much larger fanbase for Brawl and because Sega couldn't continually dodge the question of Sonic's inclusion in Brawl especially given the fact that M&S at the Olympics was coming out and that Jun Senoue (Sonic music dude for those who don't know) was releasing an album that would've revealed that Sonic had Brawl music. But as logical as these sound, I feel like I'm just making excuses for Mega Man's inclusion.

I know I'm sounding pessimistic and to be honest, the pessimistic attitude makes it that much sweeter when the result is the opposite. I'll be so pumped if Mega Man makes the roster. But if he doesn't, this may end up being the most depressing thread on the entire forum.

Mega Man 4 Brawl
Nah, it's understandable, especially since some of the prophets seem so convincing and most of the other fan groups of unconfirmed characters are wavering also. As I said earlier, I've lost about 45% of my faith in Megaman's inclusion and I'm even in the process of making mental preparations to brace myself should he fail to make the cut. Yeah, games can fall short of expectations and I'm no stranger to bad surprises. We're in the final week of anticpation and just around the corner of "Judgement Day" so it's very hectic for everyone.

MEGAMAN FTW GUYS!!

Judgment day is coming... lets be ready!
*Arms himself and loads ARX-Buster*

The time has come to force our hand, it's now or never!

MEGAMAN FOR/IS BRAWL!!!!!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sorry guys I do not think Megaman is going to make it, it is VERY saddening to me, but it is Nintendo's loss.

Now all I can hope for is the VERY slight chance of maybe having downloadable Vs. mode exclusive characters.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I'm still thinking Rockman's announcement is being held by Nintendo for the ideal time. It's not as if Sonic's was too long ago, after all.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ok, I came back here to say this, calm down, take a deep breath, and wait 4 days too see what happens. I have been exploring the views of other people and found megaman not as likely as once thought, but he is still able to be in. just wait a little longer and we will see what happens.

see yall around march 10-14!

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
As in Japan gets to celebrate Christmas AGAIN in two days while we have to wait a whole month or so :(
I can easily wait a couple of months more to get a fighting game. But one thing that absolutely HAS to end is the suspense! Just tell me, which characters got in and which not.

S2

Smash Lord
Brawl is going to make my year....

scratch that, my two and a half years.

As for Megaman, he's at the top of my third party list... but I think he's out. We'd have known by now.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
Brawl is going to make my year....

scratch that, my two and a half years.

As for Megaman, he's at the top of my third party list... but I think he's out. We'd have known by now.
who says wed have known by now? the surprise of realizing hes in the game by unlocking him would be that much sweeter.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Like I said.

I've lowered my expectations for his inclusion. If he's in, I'll be plesantly surprised.

If not, I'll expect it and move on. Cause I has JIGGLYPUFF! *Does Jigglypuff's happy dance*

Atomic Religion

Smash Cadet
If he's in it'll be a GIGANTIC suprise to me. It seems like he's one of the Third Party Chars. who deserves a place the most, yet he sadly probably wont get one....

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
I've pretty much lost most faith that Mega Man's gonna make it into Brawl. There is certainly still a slight chance of it, but... I've pretty much mentally prepared myself for the probable conclusion that he didn't make it.

If that's what happens, it sucks, but... that's life. And you know what? Brawl's going to be incredible, with or without Mega Man -- and I can't wait for it either way. It would be better with him, of course, but that's like saying three scoops of premium vanilla ice cream is better than two. Either way it's seriously amazing, you just get more amazing with three scoops instead of two.

Or something like that.

But hey, like I said, there's certainly still a chance that our Blue Bomber is in there and being kept under wraps until the last second. I highly doubt it, but I'm going to keep at least a little faith alive until the game is released on Thursday and his fate is proven either way, beyond a shadow of a doubt, from people who've unlocked the retail version of the game.

So anyway, guys... hope for the best, but brace yourself for the worst -- but above all, realize and remember that Brawl has an unprecedented amount of content and is going to be amazing either way. The game's quality does not rest on the inclusion of our favorite third-party character (or lack thereof) alone, even though his being in it would make it that much more amazing. In any case...

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
I've pretty much lost most faith that Mega Man's gonna make it into Brawl. There is certainly still a slight chance of it, but... I've pretty much mentally prepared myself for the probable conclusion that he didn't make it.

If that's what happens, it sucks, but... that's life. And you know what? Brawl's going to be incredible, with or without Mega Man -- and I can't wait for it either way. It would be better with him, of course, but that's like saying three scoops of premium vanilla ice cream is better than two. Either way it's seriously amazing, you just get more amazing with three scoops instead of two.

Or something like that.

But hey, like I said, there's certainly still a chance that our Blue Bomber is in there and being kept under wraps until the last second. I highly doubt it, but I'm going to keep at least a little faith alive until the game is released on Thursday and his fate is proven either way, beyond a shadow of a doubt, from people who've unlocked the retail version of the game.

So anyway, guys... hope for the best, but brace yourself for the worst -- but above all, realize and remember that Brawl has an unprecedented amount of content and is going to be amazing either way. The game's quality does not rest on the inclusion of our favorite third-party character (or lack thereof) alone, even though his being in it would make it that much more amazing. In any case...

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

Or something like that.

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!
so many supporters of mm have gone astray. Oh well, i know we at least have Stryks, Tirkaro, JK1, and Error (sorry if i left anybody out). I still believe he is in as I've yet to SEE any evidence of him not being in.

Mega Man 4 BRAWL

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
So, does everyone have a fallback if Mega Man doesn't make it? I'm probably siding with Pokemon Trainer for now and Ridley if he makes it.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
so many supporters of mm have gone astray. Oh well, i know we at least have Stryks, Tirkaro, JK1, and Error (sorry if i left anybody out). I still believe he is in as I've yet to SEE any evidence of him not being in.

Mega Man 4 BRAWL
Yeah, you left me out. >_> 55% faith isn't much but it's still belief that he is (or could be) in.

So, does everyone have a fallback if Mega Man doesn't make it? I'm probably siding with Pokemon Trainer for now and Ridley if he makes it.
Yeah, in the form of Mario, Link, Fox, and Kirby. Also Isaac if he makes it, and because of Icon #19 I'm confident at least one of the two (him or Megaman) will make the cut. Though, admittedly Snake and Sonic both look interesting. I also have a fallback plan in the form of MvC.

marioseven

Smash Cadet
Why do they call mega man the blue bomber? He only had bombs in a few games. If anything, bomberman should have that name(if he was blue).

But anyways,Mega Man may or may not be in. Sakurai( did i spell it right) said maybe 2 or 3 3rd party characters so there's just that small chance.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
I'm looking forward to trying out Sonic, Red, and Link, Jigglypuff will still be my main, and Ice Climbers are always fun.

Megaman, of course, will be up there with Jiggly should he be included and I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be if there is one more third party.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Mega Man 4 BRAWL
Of course. No matter how bad things will seem, I'll always stick with my large confidence that megaman WILL be in this game. Right now, megaman not being in is as credible as that horrible 35 char roster from hell being true. As long as we believe the brawl development team wont be foolish enough to give us roster, we can believe the brawl development team wont be foolish enough to leave out megaman.

have faith, O great megaman thread. Have faith.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Yeah, you left me out. >_> 55% faith isn't much but it's still belief that he is (or could be) in.
sorry aqua, i knew i was forgetting someone

Of course. No matter how bad things will seem, I'll always stick with my large confidence that megaman WILL be in this game. Right now, megaman not being in is as credible as that horrible 35 char roster from hell being true. As long as we believe the brawl development team wont be foolish enough to give us roster, we can believe the brawl development team wont be foolish enough to leave out megaman.

QFT. There is just NO WAY they would simply overlook one of the most popular and requested characters...

I think ole Sakurai still has 1 more trick up his sleeve...

MysticJon

Smash Cadet

same here man, i have faith.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
As long as Icon_19 is available, Megaman still has a chance.

Of course, it'll be a total load of **** if Sakurai pulls a Wayside School on us (i.e. THERE IS NO ICON 19. THERE IS NO MISS ZARVES LOL.).

And if you didn't get that joke, I've lost any respect I had for any of you as human beings :(

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Faith is nice, but why not logic?

I have a logical view that Megaman will be in Brawl. Faith is there, too, but once again, I'm comfortable in knowing that there's a very good chance of Megaman being the final third party fighter in Brawl based on the decent number of evidence supporting his inclusion and dearth of evidence denying it.

And besides that, if you're losing faith, just remember: who else but our boy Rock?

Edit: And Nick? That was one of my favorite series as a kid. I see we are both veterans of the Generation Y Old School, and you have my respect and alliance.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
O...M...G... MY MODEM SUCKS EXTREMELY HUGE BALLS!! the reason i havent been on in like a week or more is that i never could get on cuz my modem was SO slow... anyway im buyin a new one but enough about me and straight to MEGA. thers is only roughly 3 to 4 days till we get to find out for absolute sure that megaman/x is in!! i cant wait ANY longerrr

Noah Evangale

Smash Rookie
I have faith. I'll believe until the very end.

And I'm looking forward to Luigi, Sonic and Ike. (at least if Luigi is in it, I won't be as hurt by the lack of Mega Man.)

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I'm mad ypou all forgot about me, but then again with how rarely I drop by it's expected... Methinks that Sakurai's gonna mindgame the hell outta us then on launch day:

*robot master select theme plays*

Newcomer - MEGAMAN!

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys. Looks like Megaman isn't in. Then again neither is Geno. Unless they hid the copyrights and all I only see Konami and SEGA.

Noah Evangale

Smash Rookie
Well, either way, I thought I should post this. It's an idea on how I think Megaman's promotional video should go. I was thinking it should be a re-inactment of the Mega Man 2 opening with remixed music and 3-D graphics and all.

*cue Megaman 2 opening music*

*at the bottom of a building*

Dialogue (spaced out to synch with music):

In the year of 200X, a President of Nintendo named Satoru Iwata announced...

a tournament in which characters across the world of gaming competed against each other.

Many nameable characters had revealed themselves across many platforms to compete in this tournament.

However, there was one character who has since the beginning, stood against the tides of time and...

embedded a mark in gaming history who has yet to be revealed...

*music intenses and the view of the screen starts to scroll up the building top just like in Megaman 2*
*tops at top, music at it's climax*

NEWCOMER:
Mega Man

*Megaman 2 Title Screen music + footage of Megaman fighting in Brawl*
*at music's end, we get a glimpse of his Final Smash just as he fires it, music ends*

Here were some of the moves I was thinking he should have. He may be a little overpowered, but anyways, here it goes:

Up + Special : Jet Booster

Temporarily and gradually boost upward. Used as a third jump. (* Similar to the Rush Jet Adaptor's temporary flying power in MM6.)

Down + Special : Slide

Attacks into enemies while on the the ground. In the air, it becomes an air-dash attack that slams enemies in front. Also used to evade attacks with a slight speed increase while preforming the attack.

Special : Mega Buster (hold for charge shot)

Fire up to three weaker shots on screen by rapidly pressing the button. Hold the button to charge for up to two grades of shots. Slightly charge for a medium damaging and medium sized shot. Fully charge for a strong damaging and large sized shot. Mega Man can also move around and jump while he's firing or charging.

Side + Special : Mega Arm

Grab and immobilize enemies from a slight distance away. (similar to Bowser's Side + Special attack except it has some distance.) Repeatedly press Attack to damage enemies as though you were grabbing them. Press and hold any of the directional buttons while holding them to inherit that persons' Special Attack from which directional button you pressed. You must hold the selected directional button for a breif amount of time before you claim your opponents' power. Energy particals (similar to when Mega Man defeats a Robot Master in his games) begin to surrond Mega Man and gradually draw in closer to him the longer you charge. Once the particals reach him, his color will change and your opponent's ability will be yours!
(* Example: While holding Link, hold Up to inherit his Spin Attack. Or while holding on to Mario, simply press and hold Special to inherit his Fireball.) Mega Man's color will change relative to the character he has accumulated power from. The catch is that these attacks replace his initial Specials, until he either dies or collects a Smash Ball. You can also remove them with taunts, depeding on which directional button you press AND hold.
(* Example: Pressing and Holding Down + Taunt removes the Down + Special move he has learned from his opponent or simply pressing and holding Taunt removes a Special button only move he has inherited.) He can inherit up to four different attack simaltaneously. (One per directional button.) He can also use the Mega Arm to grab onto ledges. (Like Link's Hookshot or Samus' Grapple Beam.)

Final Smash

He joins with Rush and imitates his Rush Adaptor Form found in various Mega Man games. With this on, he can jump higher, run faster, has more gravitational resistance in the air, allowing him to move faster through the air and can even fly around while jump is held! His attack consists of firing powerful charge shots as you repeatedly press the Special Button, equivalent to his fully charge shot while in normal mode. A fully charge shot while in Final Smash deploys his fist with a tremendous energy ball that homs in on the closest opponent and damages them severely to near K.O. It even goes through walls and other terrain. After time runs out, Mega Man loses all of the Special Attacks he may have inherited from his opponents using the Mega Arm.

So, how's that?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bomberman??? WTF? Totally fake. Anyways, Megaman fans, let's see this through the end. Let us hope Sakurai adds the most desired character for Brawl, and that we get to see Megaman fight with his fellow gaming LEGENDS! :)

Top Bottom