• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
Yes, but how do we know icon 19 is not in fact a "stage-only" series like the AC icon or the DS icon. :\
I actually don't think Sakurai is going to have more than even less than a handful of those kinds of stages. We've got 20 icons so far, and of that number, only two don't yet have confirmed reps. It would be really odd to have a larger number of icons without character representation.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
I can't imagine his Brawl render would be that much different from Melee's. Wouldn't it be odd if we got Mr. Disc, as well?

If Megaman were to get an icon, though, I think it would be after Olimar's. After all, I believe our boy Rock was added much later in the game.

It would be very interesting to see, though, what Megaman's icon would even be. Any ideas?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I can't imagine his Brawl render would be that much different from Melee's. Wouldn't it be odd if we got Mr. Disc, as well?

If Megaman were to get an icon, though, I think it would be after Olimar's. After all, I believe our boy Rock was added much later in the game.

It would be very interesting to see, though, what Megaman's icon would even be. Any ideas?
just an outline of his helmet

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
wow, no one is posting. prolly cuz SWF is going so slow.

Mega Man for Brawl
QFT! Seriousl, it's so hard to organize thoughts and post when the servers are moving **** slow... Otherwise, I continue supporting the RMB cause... Megaman for Brawl.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
just an outline of his helmet
For Rockman, yea, that makes sense. Rockman.EXE could have the symbol on his chest, X or Zero could have their symbols from their lifebars, with Zero's being from whichever series from which his design originates. Subaru could have his pendant, & any Biometal could had the Biometal itself or something akin to their symbol in ZXA's touchscreen A-Trans style. Trigger could use a Bonne symbol, Data, a Servbot, or any other multitude of things.

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Everyone's forgetting the little design from the old Rockman and Rockman X logos... the "elongated triangle" one. I would think that would be the most appropriate icon for Mega Man...

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well it is starting to really turn sour for our ol' boy. Eh if he does not get in I WILL be buying Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 like several other people have stated before.

Or maybe they will let me trade in Snake for Sonic. :p

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
wow, no one is posting. prolly cuz SWF is going so slow.

Mega Man for Brawl
Yeah, it's really been restricting my activity here.

Everyone's forgetting the little design from the old Rockman and Rockman X logos... the "elongated triangle" one. I would think that would be the most appropriate icon for Mega Man...

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!
...I didn't think of that. I think that would be an awesome symbol for Megaman if push comes to shove.

Well it is starting to really turn sour for our ol' boy. Eh if he does not get in I WILL be buying Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 like several other people have stated before.

Or maybe they will let me trade in Snake for Sonic. :p
I really think Sakurai has a few more newcomers he's holding on to until he releases the game. But I do agree to a certain extent. If you had asked me what I thought Megaman's chances were a few months ago, I would have said 90%. Now I think it's 50% or 55% at best.

And yeah I always have my MvC to fall back on just incase.

domriver

Smash Lord
Sakurai has done a great on keeping the lid tight for these 3rd party. Except Snake. I wouldn't be suprised if the last one will be revealed tonight or sometime next week. For a final OMG OMG OMG ******* IS IN!!!!!!!!!!! must buy buy!

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL
GENO FOR BRAWL
RIDLEY FOR BRAWL
KING K ROOL FOR BRAWL!

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
If Megaman is in, the first Wily theme from Megaman 2 is a shoe in. Hell, there's a good chance that it'll be in regardless. It's that good.

Edit: Actually, I've been thinking about something? Why are percentages being given to Megaman's chances of being in Brawl? What are they based on? The only thing that it can be based on is our own individual conviction. I'm not saying if you believe he'll be in, he will be. I'm saying that there's a very good chance he'll be in, but there's no way of knowing for sure right now. The only thing we can do, for all of our dream fighters, is to keep the faith.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Wow, we have just 5 updates left. I hope so much that Mega Man will be one of them! 2sounds like an odd number for THIRD party characters. :lick:

It sold more in the past.

It sells less now.

I guess Rubix Cubes are more popular than Zelda because they were once more popular?

Stop talking. You've already lost.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I just had a dream that megaman was confirmed.
you have no idea how pissed I was when I woke up, lol.

here's hoping megaman is shown on the dojo soon.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Ok then. Look at how much each Mega Man game sells. Now look at how popular the series is... wait a second... have you just failed yet again!? Yes you have.

What the Hell are you even talking about, you moron?

I've never once discussed sales. The only thing I've ever said about Mega Man was that he is not in.

How many times must you prove to me that you should not be allowed to speak (or in this case, type)? I fail in an argument which I never participated in.

Wow, go home, you 12 year old punk.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
What the Hell are you even talking about, you moron?

I've never once discussed sales. The only thing I've ever said about Mega Man was that he is not in.

How many times must you prove to me that you should not be allowed to speak (or in this case, type)? I fail in an argument which I never participated in.

Wow, go home, you 12 year old punk.
just leave, if you dont think he'll be in why the heck are you posting here? obviously we dont believe you, so give up already.

mewtwo_to_you_too

Smash Cadet
megaman would be great in ssbb! he should have his X outfit with the full armor after the bosses but have the others as alternates.
uhm. i think zero should be in as megaman's partner. i've always favored him over all the other megaman characters. if he does get in they should stick him with the outfit from X

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Because I'm reminding everyone who called my source bad when I said that MM was not in to apologize for insulting my source.
because we don't believe in your source?

yeah, quit trying to force your "source" apon everyone here. Your source is currently no better than the 81259827748437387 other "sources" out there. get over it.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
Because I'm reminding everyone who called my source bad when I said that MM was not in to apologize for insulting my source.
I'm not grilling you or anything, but aren't you counting your eggs before the game is launched? We'll see who's right and who's wrong, for sure, come February. At that time, if you still feel like resorting to gloating and insulting people, at least other people will agree with your reasons for doing such.

Um, actually, he kind of is.

The only reason you declare the three different sources that rule out Mega Man as being "your every day leakers" is because you don't like what they are leaking.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Um, actually, he kind of is.

The only reason you declare the three different sources that rule out Mega Man as being "your every day leakers" is because you don't like what they are leaking.
a complete deconfirmation isn't a leak.
the only way any source can prove something is deconfirmed is if it's an assist trophy, or otherwise. Nintendo can keep something as important as a 3rd party under wraps very well, even away from these "insiders."

but whatever. that isn't really the point. the point is:

the sooner you shut up, the more peace we can have come the japanese release.

Top Bottom