• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Noah Evangale

Smash Rookie
I'd say Mega Man, Proto Man and Bass, all from the classic series. Haven't seen them in anything new since...Mega Man and Bass.

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!!

Maverick Hunter X

Smash Cadet
Wow, a whole lotta crap has gone on in these past few pages. That DevilRyodo guy being a jerkoff, error_alt_delete leaving (though I completely understand his reasons), Cless being his usual, rational self, and Starphoenix keeping morale up.

Tonight's update was fantastic -- I agree, Manaphy is ridiculously cool. What an awesome effect.

I'm hoping for Mega Man as much as ever and am trying not to pay too much heed to the prophets and supposed "leaks" (like the one floating around Brawl Central right now, which has an alleged screenshot of the starting roster). I'm just trying to wait it out and keep my hopes up and not get too drowned in conflicting leaks and arguments and all that. Honestly, Brawl will be amazing with or without Mega Man, and with 35 characters or more. Sure, I want Mega Man (more than anything in this game) and I want more characters, but the fact is, Brawl will own either way, and there's no use in spoiling the experience for myself by getting too caught up in too many details.

Either way, we will all know the truth by the end of next week, as other people have said, so... judgment day is coming and we won't have to go crazy with wonder and anticipation much longer. :)

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*lights a cigarette*

How are you guys handling the possible "crisis?" RIDLEY, the Geno Alliance, and the **** Staff are basically all united in talking about the matter in the offical Geno thread so you guys can join in if you want. During this time, I consider all the character supporters allies even if I don't like the character they support and vice versa. In the end, some characters are just too good to be made into mere ATs and bosses.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
This leaked 35 character roster gets more and more suspicious every day! At first, it listed ROB as a PC, but someone debunked it, because you would get a ROB Trophy in SSE by using a trophy stand. And now they say: "Oh, we meant the Starf Fox Rob." Are you ****ing kidding me?

DAYUM, we seriously need a character who is NOT on that roster, to own those people: Ridley, Kristal, Isaac, Geno, Claus, Mewtwo or this blue robot guy whose name I can't remember right now. ;)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
This leaked 35 character roster gets more and more suspicious every day! At first, it listed ROB as a PC, but someone debunked it, because you would get a ROB Trophy in SSE by using a trophy stand. And now they say: "Oh, we meant the Starf Fox Rob." Are you ****ing kidding me?

DAYUM, we seriously need a character who is NOT on that roster, to own those people: Ridley, Kristal, Isaac, Geno, Claus, Mewtwo or this blue robot guy whose name I can't remember right now. ;)
Rockman is blue, lol, and so is Megaman oooohhh.:):chuckle:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
*lights a cigarette*

How are you guys handling the possible "crisis?" RIDLEY, the Geno Alliance, and the **** Staff are basically all united in talking about the matter in the offical Geno thread so you guys can join in if you want. During this time, I consider all the character supporters allies even if I don't like the character they support and vice versa. In the end, some characters are just too good to be made into mere ATs and bosses.
That sounds very interesting! After all of this drama and conflict over the past 20 or so months, things end with the remaining top dogs burying past rivalries and forming one last alliance before judgement day! I like this idea! I agree that among Megaman, Krystal, Geno, and Ridley, certainly at least ONE would be playable.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
That sounds very interesting! After all of this drama and conflict over the past 20 or so months, things end with the remaining top dogs burying past rivalries and forming one last alliance before judgement day! I like this idea! I agree that among Megaman, Krystal, Geno, and Ridley, certainly at least ONE would be playable.
This is a given, I'm just wondering how it all plays out now.

*Prays all are in and the 35 character leaks go right back into the ***** that came up with that *****

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok I hear theres a lot of leaks, and I gotta say, until proven right/wrong at the dojo, I aint buying any of this, and u guys shouldnt either...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
But seriously if that 35 character roster is true just wait for all the brawl failure meme pictures I am going to make.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Mega man: The Blue bomber ;

VS

Simon Belmont: The vampire slayer;

The two combatants meet face to face as the count down to the battle begins they look around nervously awaiting the signal to start the battle...

GGGOOOOOOO!!!....

The match starts their eyes lock for a split second before they run to find cover behind the rocks. Simon Belmont starts throws axes at Mega man but he skilfully shoots them out of the air, as Mega man jumps behind a rock more axes come shooting past his face skinning the side of his helmet... he knows that his weak buster fire wont do much damage so he knows what he must do.

Belmont looks nervously at the rocks, Did I hit him? Belmont ponders to himself but before he has time to ask himself another question the Blue bomber leaps into the air, with the sun directly behind him the Blue bomber is nothing but a silhouette in the air...

Then before Belmont has enough time to react Mega man shoots three buster shots at him, Belmont naturally shields himself and the blue bomber takes advantage of Belmont's few seconds of vulnerability. He runs at lighting speed concentrated on Belmont grabs him and scans him... then...

Dadada dadada dada dada da da dadada daaaaaaaa "You got Belmont whip"

Belmont scrambles for his whip raises his hand and... and... well... nothing seeing as Mega man (Now with an Indiana jones hat and a grayish colour change) has his Mega-Whip wrapped tightly around Belmont's hand.

The blue bomber ponders to him self for a second on what he should do and... he decided.

Mega man: Lets end this

The blue bomber rips back his Mega buster (Which the whip came out from) with so much force it rips most of Belmont's arm off. Belmont now writhing on the floor in pain looks up at the blue child standing over him:

Belmont: Give me mercy

Mega man extends his arm out to help Belmont but he remembers... remembers in Mega man 7 the same mercy he gave to Wily... and he remembers all the pain and death he caused after that...

A single tear runs down the face of the young robot

Mega man: I'm... I... I'm... sorry.

<END>
<<Mega Man Wins by total elimination>>

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
I don't see any reason why, should there be one more third party, it wouldn't be Megaman. There are reasons for lots of other characters, but those aren't as strong or as numerous as the inclusion of our boy Rock. It's just a matter of time.

And once more, only believe it if you see it from many different places once it's released. Lord knows we'll be bombarded with fakes the second the game hits, and that's almost as annoying as the "leaks" we have going now.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I don't see any reason why, should there be one more third party, it wouldn't be Megaman. There are reasons for lots of other characters, but those aren't as strong or as numerous as the inclusion of our boy Rock. It's just a matter of time.

And once more, only believe it if you see it from many different places once it's released. Lord knows we'll be bombarded with fakes the second the game hits, and that's almost as annoying as the "leaks" we have going now.
exactly. im not believing crap until i see video or screenshot proof.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Uh, guys, I gotta say that I actually am fine with the idea of 35 characters. There is such a thing as too many you know. I personally think 35 would be a perfect number. That said, I really, really hope Megaman is in whatever the total character count may be. Now that my main man Ness is nearly assured to be in, Megaman is my main concern.

DrNAshtear

Smash Cadet
The final number doesn't unnerve me so much. Thirty-five, forty-five, it's all the same to me. All I want for them to deliver at this point is the short guy in blue.

Besides, if the roster is too big, how will they top it for Smash Bros. 4?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Uh, guys, I gotta say that I actually am fine with the idea of 35 characters. There is such a thing as too many you know. I personally think 35 would be a perfect number. That said, I really, really hope Megaman is in whatever the total character count may be. Now that my main man Ness is nearly assured to be in, Megaman is my main concern.
thing is, 35 is perfectly acceptable in any other fighting game. However, this is SSBB. This is the game that was worked on since 05, about twice as much time of melee development, by a HUGE team of 100-700. not to mention they pretty much devoted an entire company to working on smash bros. add that with the fact that smash is known for having a buttload of fanservice, and a large amount of characters.(yes, 26 was pretty large for 2001) not to mention melee was a RUSHED project, while this is not.

so with all of this manpower, and all of this time given, anything less than a 40+ roster is unacceptable.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You know something I just realized? I'd be perfectly fine with a 35 character roster if all of the characters chipped in to the epicness factor. Judging from how things look now and all the efforts put into the game right now, I really see a 40+ roster happening. There's too much pointing in this direction for it not to happen.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I still have hope. The 35 character roster was merely compiled by Chronobound. And let's not take Nya's word as absolute truth just yet. I believe I heard somewhere that testers play an incomplete version of the game, so maybe Nya played something with only 35 characters. Personally I predicted a 42 character roster. I think it's nice GOOD number; not too many and not too low but JUST right. In that instance, just tack on the big 5 hopefuls (Megaman, Isaac, Geno, Krystal, and Ridley) to that awful roster and there's still space left over for two WTF characters.

Anyway, regardless of the outcome I just want to say that it's been a pleasure fighting along side you guys. It's coming down to the wire, things are heating up and times like these make awesome scenerios for a certain Smashboards comic.

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
How many more characters do u think we are actually going ot have cause it seems like there should be alot more introduced any guess on how many he will leave out?

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I still have hope. The 35 character roster was merely compiled by Chronobound. And let's not take Nya's word as absolute truth just yet. I believe I heard somewhere that testers play an incomplete version of the game, so maybe Nya played something with only 35 characters. Personally I predicted a 42 character roster. I think it's nice GOOD number; not too many and not too low but JUST right. In that instance, just tack on the big 5 hopefuls (Megaman, Isaac, Geno, Krystal, and Ridley) to that awful roster and there's still space left over for two WTF characters.

Anyway, regardless of the outcome I just want to say that it's been a pleasure fighting along side you guys. It's coming down to the wire, things are heating up and times like these make awesome scenerios for a certain Smashboards comic.
First off, good logics Aqua.. You're beating me to the punch more often now, lol. Secondly, this plus Micahlah from Radiant Dawn and either Claus or Dark Samus would make me a very happy bksbestbwoy:chuckle:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
How many more characters do u think we are actually going ot have cause it seems like there should be alot more introduced any guess on how many he will leave out?

How many you ask, eh? He could have five or ten newcomers we don't even know about. Sakurai said back in May 2006 that he wanted to reveal all of the characters himself because he knew the full roster would be leaked eventually. So my guess is either that nasty roster is the real deal or Sakurai is planning a special day or way to reveal the rest of the crew (be it event, the DOJO, an interview or whatever). And I'm going with the latter. I mean wouldn't he try to save some kind of ace to boost hype just before the release?

He could always go back on what he said though, (it wouldn't be the first time) by saving the last newcomers for us to find ourselves.

First off, good logics Aqua.. You're beating me to the punch more often now, lol. Secondly, this plus Micahlah from Radiant Dawn and either Claus or Dark Samus would make me a very happy bksbestbwoy:chuckle:
Glad to help. And I think Micaiah and Claus (and Lip while I'm at it) would be awesome additions too.

Nicholas Ainsworth

Smash Cadet
You guys also have to remember, while things are looking a little grim now for our boy Rock, the elusive Icon 19 still hasn't been revealed yet.

So while it completely tosses the ABC Theory out the window, and the Prima Theory as of a few days ago has been debunked, there's still a really good chance that Megaman could be in just on Icon 19 alone not yet being claimed. In fact, of the six that everyone wants in (Geno, Ridley, Krystal, Wolf, Isaac, Megaman), four of them belong to franchises already established in the Smash games (Geno = Mario, Ridley = Metroid, Krystal and Wolf = Star Fox), so the "competition" for Icon 19 would be between Megaman and Isaac, and even then, who's to say Sakurai won't stir **** up and add Icon 23?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You guys also have to remember, while things are looking a little grim now for our boy Rock, the elusive Icon 19 still hasn't been revealed yet.

So while it completely tosses the ABC Theory out the window, and the Prima Theory as of a few days ago has been debunked, there's still a really good chance that Megaman could be in just on Icon 19 alone not yet being claimed. In fact, of the six that everyone wants in (Geno, Ridley, Krystal, Wolf, Isaac, Megaman), four of them belong to franchises already established in the Smash games (Geno = Mario, Ridley = Metroid, Krystal and Wolf = Star Fox), so the "competition" for Icon 19 would be between Megaman and Isaac, and even then, who's to say Sakurai won't stir **** up and add Icon 23?
Yes, but how do we know icon 19 is not in fact a "stage-only" series like the AC icon or the DS icon. :\

Top Bottom