• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i agree with you guys about what would make a good mega man game on the Wii. If not 2D, then a 3rd person shooter with the Wii-mote/platformer would work perfectly. They could use some of the gravity elements from Galxay seeing as Mega man used them first (i forget which game)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
For Megaman Wii, they should go back to classic,

...and create something revolutionary, full 3D...not like dash, like...Galaxy or something, but more Megaman-y
I this idea like. (Can someone say Super Megaman Galaxy? LMAO)

But you know what would make my day?

Legends 3 for Wii. :chuckle:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
yeah, but it never hurts to dream...

(remembers when he thought they were making Mega Man Zero 5... oh the injustice!)

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
i like your idea bluebomber, a FPS with classic megaman would make me drool. think of how hard bosses were in 2d. do you think they would be even more difficult in 3d

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well it's good to be back, but on topic I just got to thinking what would Megaman Final Smash probably be? one that would actually have a chance of being anyway?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
hei guys new siggy:

Made it a long time ago, never used it so modified it for the RMB...
NICE!!! *Trys on new sig*

You can always count on Stryks for a daily dose of raw awesome!!!

Edit: And I will still dream for Legends 3 on the Wii. Does Inafune have to use such advanced engine for Legends 3? And even so look at Mario Galaxy, THAT is the Wii's potential.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Edit: And I will still dream for Legends 3 on the Wii. Does Inafune have to use such advanced engine for Legends 3? And even so look at Mario Galaxy, THAT is the Wii's potential.
QFT. Seriously, the Wii definitely has the right stuff to get the job done. 3rd party developers just dont put enough quality time into their games. If capcom does make a mega man Wii, I would hope it has the polish of mario galaxy

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
i agree with you guys about what would make a good mega man game on the Wii. If not 2D, then a 3rd person shooter with the Wii-mote/platformer would work perfectly. They could use some of the gravity elements from Galxay seeing as Mega man used them first (i forget which game)
I think that would be nice, but I think legends should be the one to stick to being the third person shooter megaman version. classic should stick to his 2D platformer, other wise, he would be stepping into legends territory.
im sorry friends but legends 3 would never be on the wii. Inafune basically said it himself
they just havnt seen galaxy yet, once they do, they would change their mind. besides, how powerful an engine wuld they need for a megaman game anyways?
yeah, but it never hurts to dream...

(remembers when he thought they were making Mega Man Zero 5... oh the injustice!)
hei guys new siggy:

nice sig!
well it's good to be back, but on topic I just got to thinking what would Megaman Final Smash probably be? one that would actually have a chance of being anyway?
classic: rush fusion, protoman summon.
X: one of his armors, or a zero summon.
classic/protoman team: bass summon/trio attack.
X/zero team up: axel summon/trio attack.

QFT. Seriously, the Wii definitely has the right stuff to get the job done. 3rd party developers just dont put enough quality time into their games. If capcom does make a mega man Wii, I would hope it has the polish of mario galaxy
ya, its not the graphics that matter, but, if enough effort is put into the game, it can greatly surpass what people would expect.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
hei guys new siggy:

thanks stryks! *yoinks*

Edit - dammit they wont go side by side, so now i have a hard choice, Megaman the OG, or Omega Zero... hmmmm....

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I think that would be nice, but I think legends should be the one to stick to being the third person shooter megaman version. classic should stick to his 2D platformer, other wise, he would be stepping into legends territory.

they just havnt seen galaxy yet, once they do, they would change their mind. besides, how powerful an engine wuld they need for a megaman game anyways?

ya, its not the graphics that matter, but, if enough effort is put into the game, it can greatly surpass what people would expect.
1) well legends as a game was quality, as product it performed poorly. I think using the more iconic mega man would make it sell better

2) Apparently lost planet/$15 million powerful, so too powerful for the Wii.

3)QFT

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
1) well legends as a game was quality, as product it performed poorly. I think using the more iconic mega man would make it sell better

2) Apparently lost planet/$15 million powerful, so too powerful for the Wii.

3)QFT
1. I cant agree with you there, remember, alot of legends fans would be turned away due to the fact that classic took up his spot. I like classic, but I dont want another megaman to replace legends, that is like....I dont know but not a good move.

2. let me re-word what I meant, they could go without the lost planet system for legends. I mean, I definatly like the cartoony look over realism. but if the lost planet system is too powerful and it is nessicary, then I guess there is no getting around it.

3.thanks

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i like your idea bluebomber, a FPS with classic megaman would make me drool. think of how hard bosses were in 2d. do you think they would be even more difficult in 3d
I never buy Metroid as a FPS, I would never buy Megaman as a FPS

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
1. I cant agree with you there, remember, alot of legends fans would be turned away due to the fact that classic took up his spot. I like classic, but I dont want another megaman to replace legends, that is like....I dont know but not a good move.

2. let me re-word what I meant, they could go without the lost planet system for legends. I mean, I definatly like the cartoony look over realism. but if the lost planet system is too powerful and it is nessicary, then I guess there is no getting around it.

3.thanks
well it wouldnt be classic taking his spot in the legends game. it would be a classic mega man game completely in story and characters. the game play would just be closer to legends, and considering most legends player started on the original, myself included, i dont see it as a problem.

besides, there are so few legends players anyway that i dont think capcom would care. i mean after all that is the main reason they havent made a legends 3 yet

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
well it wouldnt be classic taking his spot in the legends game. it would be a classic mega man game completely in story and characters. the game play would just be closer to legends, and considering most legends player started on the original, myself included, i dont see it as a problem.

besides, there are so few legends players anyway that i dont think capcom would care. i mean after all that is the main reason they havent made a legends 3 yet
have you not seen the amount of request there is for legends three? there are plenty of people who are legends fans! and not everyone started out with classic, even then I am sure people wouldnt want to see the legends story line tossed out like that. if they rap up the legends story line then I would be ok with classic moving in. but there is no reason to fix that which isnt broken.

and I started with classic, but that doesnt mean he is the one who left the biggest influence. so no, even those who started with classic could be put off by the fact that legends got replaced.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
have you not seen the amount of request there is for legends three? there are plenty of people who are legends fans! and not everyone started out with classic, even then I am sure people wouldnt want to see the legends story line tossed out like that. if they rap up the legends story line then I would be ok with classic moving in. but there is no reason to fix that which isnt broken.

and I started with classic, but that doesnt mean he is the one who left the biggest influence. so no, even those who started with classic could be put off by the fact that legends got replaced.
Sounds like me (Mega Man 7, ftw!) - i started late in the classic series but as i've said countless times, the impact of Mega Man-ness didn't take root until the X, Zero, and Legends series (The Grand Three iIcall them). All because these series are better to me doesn't mean that I'm not pissed off that there's no classic 9 yet! It's the same on all 3 sides of the fence (Classic vs. X vs. Legends) The problem is getting Capcom to realize this.

Also, something i just realized, have you all noticed that the series' with an official blue bomber figurehead are all the ones in significant danger/need of new games? I just saw this reading over this post...scary...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Sounds like me (Mega Man 7, ftw!) - i started late in the classic series but as i've said countless times, the impact of Mega Man-ness didn't take root until the X, Zero, and Legends series (The Grand Three iIcall them). All because these series are better to me doesn't mean that I'm not pissed off that there's no classic 9 yet! It's the same on all 3 sides of the fence (Classic vs. X vs. Legends) The problem is getting Capcom to realize this.

Also, something i just realized, have you all noticed that the series' with an official blue bomber figurehead are all the ones in significant danger/need of new games? I just saw this reading over this post...scary...
its because, they dont like createing an ending to/of that character. I remember reading a bit about how they didnt want to create megaman classics ending even though we know something happened to him within doctor lights lifetime.

oh, I found a very interesting game I thought you guys should check out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockman_%26_Forte_Mirai_kara_no_Ch%C5%8Dsensha

can anyone tell me how this game ended? cause it realy doesnt tell us anything about it out side of who is in this game. and I am interested in the shadow megaman from the future.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Oh my goodness.

I LOVE IT! *adds to christmas list post-haste!*
you think wily stage was good? the

Jesus > boss mix & cutman mix > creation

Also:

The long lost TRUE cover art to Megaman 2 (or any **** classic game, lol!)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
its because, they dont like createing an ending to/of that character. I remember reading a bit about how they didnt want to create megaman classics ending even though we know something happened to him within doctor lights lifetime.

oh, I found a very interesting game I thought you guys should check out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockman_%26_Forte_Mirai_kara_no_Ch%C5%8Dsensha

can anyone tell me how this game ended? cause it realy doesnt tell us anything about it out side of who is in this game. and I am interested in the shadow megaman from the future.
ugh. I was hoping I would never come across that terrible game ever again.......

anway, that "Shadow megaman" is actually quint from one of the gameboy megaman games. (the one where wily went into the future, captured future megaman, and turned him evil, and brought him back to the past).
overtime, quint became stronger, and got his set of (really ********) robot masters. Once you beat his ****** masters, you fight quint, and almost kill him. Then he becomes all good (that is, if I was looking at the pretty pictures right, I don't know japanese) and does something to sacrifice himself, and is about to die. However, megaman and bass take him back to Dr. Lights house, where he gets repaired, and becomes a good guy, and lives with the light residence.
so chronologically, it's the latest game in the classic franchise. that is, if you consider the game canon.

Yes, I actually played and beat that awful game. Yeah, I'm a loser.

E: btw, nice sig bk. Lupin the 3rd FTW!

courte

Smash Lord
aww man i loved the first R&F

also Can anyone tell me this isn't just a littly creepy

binki4

Smash Apprentice
did every body vote for megaman for brawl yesterday because we have to keep voting for now on for this so everybody let's vote for this now

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
did every body vote for megaman for brawl yesterday because we have to keep voting for now on for this so everybody let's vote for this now
If you're talking about this thread here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125751

Then that has no bearing on Megaman's inclusion in brawl, besides Megaman lost so it's over for him. What a lousy outcome that was, Megaman and Ganondorf are the very two that should have advanced.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

whoa whoa, calm down error. First of all yes, there are manny legends fans out there, but NOT ENOUGH. If there were enough, Capcom being the money whores that they are, would have made a legends 3 already. Inafune has stated many times that he and his team would LOVE to make a legends 3, they just cant justify spending $15 million on it because they dont feel enough people would buy the game.

And i dont know where you're getting this classic replace legends thing from. Just because the game would be a 3rd person shooter/platformer doesnt mean it would replace legends at all. When Mega Man Zero came out did they stop making X games? those two had esentially the same gameplay...

All i am trying to say is this. If there is a new Mega Man game on the wii, I hope it would be Mega Man 9 (classic) with legends gameplay. I think the game would pwn , and i also think it would outsell a Mega Man Legends 3

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
As awesome as a Legends style Classic Megaman game would be, I'd still like a continuation of the Legends story line. I just have to know how or if he finds a way off of Elysium.

A Legends style classic game would be a heck of an idea, imagine riding Rush Jet in beautiful, lush, 3D environments. And then you could, for instance, roll off of Rush and Rush would plunge right into an enemy. :chuckle:

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
ooo. that would be very cool, I am simply hoping that the megaman game for wii does not disappoint. could you imagine the horror of exe or starfail being the new megaman game for wii.(disgusting)

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
ugh. I was hoping I would never come across that terrible game ever again.......

anway, that "Shadow megaman" is actually quint from one of the gameboy megaman games. (the one where wily went into the future, captured future megaman, and turned him evil, and brought him back to the past).
overtime, quint became stronger, and got his set of (really ********) robot masters. Once you beat his ****** masters, you fight quint, and almost kill him. Then he becomes all good (that is, if I was looking at the pretty pictures right, I don't know japanese) and does something to sacrifice himself, and is about to die. However, megaman and bass take him back to Dr. Lights house, where he gets repaired, and becomes a good guy, and lives with the light residence.
so chronologically, it's the latest game in the classic franchise. that is, if you consider the game canon.

Yes, I actually played and beat that awful game. Yeah, I'm a loser.

E: btw, nice sig bk. Lupin the 3rd FTW!
That wasnt Quint...
He claimed he was Quint, but was later revealed to be Wily's protype of sorts for Quint's design...
Discarded as a "test" by Wily the prototype dubbed himself Shadow Mega Man...vowing to destroy MM and prove himself to Wily...
Mega Man beats the crap out of him and Light turns him good...
Then SMM (not having a real name) is sent back to the future to prevent Quint from ever being created/converted...

EDIT/STATING THE OBVIOUS: I have no life...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
if any Megaman is gonna appear on Wii then I guess it should definetly be Legends which I guess ain't so bad compared to exe. or Battle Network which I really really hate but what I would really like to see is a remake the original Megaman just like Tomb Raider got it's remake

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
if any Megaman is gonna appear on Wii then I guess it should definetly be Legends which I guess ain't so bad compared to exe. or Battle Network which I really really hate but what I would really like to see is a remake the original Megaman just like Tomb Raider got it's remake
Slow down...
Did you say you want Legends...or you want Legends over a SF game... (BN is dead)...
They did remake MM1... MM Powered Up for the PSP...
I think...
Havnt played it myself...so I wouldnt know 100%...

binki4

Smash Apprentice
megaman fans on smashboards this is bad news megaman lost in character battle BECAUSE YOU ARE ***** idiot's for making megaman lose and they are not in the mood because of you all and i was so **** up and **** for now the megaman 20th anniversary for megaman in brawl will be ruin for now on

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
megaman fans on smashboards this is bad news megaman lost in character battle BECAUSE YOU ARE ***** idiot's for making megaman lose and they are not in the mood because of you all and i was so **** up and **** for now the megaman 20th anniversary for megaman in brawl will be ruin for now on
...It's just a friggin forum game...chill...

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Calm down...
Most of us dont speak n00b...
Its just a poll...
If we really cared what a poll said it would be different...
but honestly...we dont...
some of us may have voted...but only for fun...
Sarukai (am I spelling that right...I always spell it wrong) decides whos in...not some poll...
So slow down...stop writing in n00b-anese...and show your support without making a scene...

Top Bottom