• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
glad thats taken care of, it seems about every 3-4 days someone barges in here and says something flabbergasting. oh well so whats our next topic on the mega besides the wii game.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
megaman fans on smashboards this is bad news megaman lost in character battle BECAUSE YOU ARE ***** idiot's for making megaman lose and they are not in the mood because of you all and i was so **** up and **** for now the megaman 20th anniversary for megaman in brawl will be ruin for now on
Translation:
"Megaman fans on smashboards, this is bad news. Megaman lost in the character battle BECAUSE YOU ARE freakin' idiots for making Megaman lose. They are not in the mood because of you all and I was so pumped up and crap. Now, Megaman's inclusion in Brawl will be ruined from now on."

OR

"Because Megaman lost in the character battle, Capcom and/or Sakurai's team now know the lack of interest for Megaman in Brawl and aren't in the mood to reveal him. And as a result, Megaman's confirmation as well as his spot in the game are now cancelled."

Err.. MegaMonday is still on and who are you referring to when you say "they"? Sakurai and his team or Capcom. The character battle has nothing to do with Megaman's inclsuion in Brawl. Sakurai and Capcom are still aware of the desire for Mega's appearance. Don't worry, Megaman's chances are still very high.

Edit: No offense Binki4 but you could use more practice with English.

MaverickHunterZX

Smash Rookie
megaman fans on smashboards this is bad news megaman lost in character battle BECAUSE YOU ARE ***** idiot's for making megaman lose and they are not in the mood because of you all and i was so **** up and **** for now the megaman 20th anniversary for megaman in brawl will be ruin for now on
Man, first learn to write, then to insult. You may not know but that poll was just a lil' game you silly, Megaman chances are not affected at all by that.

In Topic: I heard somewhere (don't remember) in an interview with Sakurai that he stated that actually he loves the DASH series, and he is sad that its not so popular. DASH, at my point of view, is a series with too much potential, but since most of the people who played the game are Megaman fans, not many others even know it. I think that Capcom should release the 2 Megaman DASH games + that Tron game thing and see if new gamers like it, (but release it in a popular console, because MHX and MMPU didn't sell well in part because they were exclusive for the PSP).

MaverickHunterZX

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to bet that Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up would have sold much better on the DS. I don't know why they chose the PSP. In my opinion, the PSP only became worth buying very recently with the new Square-Enix titles.

Heh, no I didn't abandon the forums. Final exams take priority. Nice to see this thread still lives.

Cless

Smash Champion
Legends games were good. I have all three of them. Actually, I wouldn't mind that version's inclusion in Brawl. It would eliminate the complicated copying aspect.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
As awesome as a Legends style Classic Megaman game would be, I'd still like a continuation of the Legends story line. I just have to know how or if he finds a way off of Elysium.
a
you could have both if you can prove to capcom it is worth spending $15 million making it:)

I'm willing to bet that Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up would have sold much better on the DS. I don't know why they chose the PSP. In my opinion, the PSP only became worth buying very recently with the new Square-Enix titles.
why they put it on the psp instead of the DS is a mystery to me too.... Mega Man+ Sony= phail in sales:urg:

Legends games were good. I have all three of them. Actually, I wouldn't mind that version's inclusion in Brawl. It would eliminate the complicated copying aspect.
well you wouldnt have to worry about the copy with any mega man. he didnt have it in MvC and he was just fine;)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Megaman in MvC was broken!

You could charge his Mega Buster while comboing the living **** out of somebody. If he was like that in Brawl, he'd be a god**** nightmare.

Smooth Criminal

Cless

Smash Champion
Trigger gets off of Elysium. They just left him there because it's hilarious. Do you really think that Tron and Roll couldn't eventually come up with a spaceship idea?

True, he didn't have copy in MvC, but it really wouldn't have fit there. He still could change his moves by calling down Eddie to give him a different power. His copy ability can fit in Brawl, but the problem would be how to implement it in my opinion, but I really think they should just forgo the copy aspect and give him the Rock Ball.

MvC in and of itself was a broken game (well the second one anyway). Let's just leave it at that.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
No one likes the PSP. Most of the good games on it are ports or remakes.
The Final Fantasy Tactics port was necessary. The original game's translation was horribly broken. A shame it wasn't for the DS, though.

I really don't want a PSP, but Tactics is calling for me...

Anyway, what makes Mega Man interesting is his upgrades. Surely they will be implemented, even if they are stuck to his standard and B moves.

SiD

Smash Master
Lol, I almost bought a PSP just to play those 2 megaman games, and eventually FF7 prequel who's name alludes me.

But then I didn't. Cause I had no money.

But now that I do have money, I may reconsider this....
I hella want to play as Vile.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

You could charge his Mega Buster while comboing the living **** out of somebody. If he was like that in Brawl, he'd be a god**** nightmare.
lol thats why i put the ;) after i said he was just fine

Over half the roster in MvC2 is banned from tourney play...and for good reason.
thats why i just play that game for kicks
No one likes the PSP. Most of the good games on it are ports or remakes.
QFT. And I'm with you Cless. I dont think he needs the copy ability. And if the powers are useless like kirby's :(

But they could implement it in a simple fasion. For example, he acquires the ability of the last person he ko'd. If he has ko'd more than one person press left taunt for p2's power, up taunt for p3, right for p4, and down for normal. The newly acquired power could be related to the character he copied, or an old robot master's power. If decide to switch to the aqcuired power it takes over his B special. When you die, you lose all powers

lol@ SiD. i can tell you're from NorCal. MHX was good, so was powered up if you can get past the graphics...

Cless

Smash Champion
The Final Fantasy Tactics port was necessary. The original game's translation was horribly broken. A shame it wasn't for the DS, though.

I really don't want a PSP, but Tactics is calling for me...

Anyway, what makes Mega Man interesting is his upgrades. Surely they will be implemented, even if they are stuck to his standard and B moves.

The slowdown on the attacks in bothersome.

You mean the original Mega Man? What kind of upgrades does he get besides extra Rush functions and maybe calling Beat for something, or Protoman's shield? If you mean the robot masters' powers then ok, but I still think a decent b moveset would be:

b: Mega Buster
up b: Rush Jet
side b: Rock Ball
down b: Slide

Or the slide could be his dash attack, and down b could be something else.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
The slowdown on the attacks in bothersome.

You mean the original Mega Man? What kind of upgrades does he get besides extra Rush functions and maybe calling Beat for something, or Protoman's shield? If you mean the robot masters' powers then ok, but I still think a decent b moveset would be:

b: Mega Buster
up b: Rush Jet
side b: Rock Ball
down b: Slide

Or the slide could be his dash attack, and down b could be something else.
By "Upgrades" I meant "Weapons"

...and that slowdown wouldn't exist on the DS.

EDIT: The rednecks around here in Northern Virginia say "hella"

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Argh!!!
The PSP is a satanic device...
You dont want it...but then they release Mega Man for it...
While that little facit settles in they reveal what else, but a FFVII installation...
All right...Ive got willpower...
Then they reveal KH for the DS and all is good until (in the same breath) they reveal a different KH for the PSP...
I count 5 good titles for the PSP (Ratchet/Clank included)...
Just 5...
But those 5 are filled to the brim with temptation...

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

Smooth Criminal
He'd be top tier for sure! And all the complaining and griping in the world wouldn't stop me from maining him and charge-shot-comboing everyone insight! Unfortunately, if Samus and Mewtwo are any indication, Megaman won't be able to move while charging, so that may not happen.

And yeah, MHX and MMPU should have been on the DS.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
whoa whoa, calm down error. First of all yes, there are manny legends fans out there, but NOT ENOUGH. If there were enough, Capcom being the money whores that they are, would have made a legends 3 already. Inafune has stated many times that he and his team would LOVE to make a legends 3, they just cant justify spending $15 million on it because they dont feel enough people would buy the game.

And i dont know where you're getting this classic replace legends thing from. Just because the game would be a 3rd person shooter/platformer doesnt mean it would replace legends at all. When Mega Man Zero came out did they stop making X games? those two had esentially the same gameplay...

All i am trying to say is this. If there is a new Mega Man game on the wii, I hope it would be Mega Man 9 (classic) with legends gameplay. I think the game would pwn , and i also think it would outsell a Mega Man Legends 3
ok, the way you said it made it sound like they would replace legends with classic. but I completely forgot capcom has a history of making megaman games that are similar but from different series exist at the same time, so I shouldnt have anything to worry about.
QFT, they should have seriously made the MHX and PU games for DS. I guess they just wanted the PSP's graphics or something.
Argh!!!
While that little facit settles in they reveal what else, but a FFVII installation...
Then they reveal KH for the DS and all is good until (in the same breath) they reveal a different KH for the PSP...
Just 5...
the funny thing is, south park made the PSP a device made by god in one episode. kind of ironic to me.
Hi guys,wasnt around yesterday, what I missed?
not much. just some PSP hate, confusion over capcom's game distribution reasoning, the usual.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Hi guys,wasnt around yesterday, what I missed?
and you missed me calling SiD a redneck lol

I dont know why they thought it would be better to put those mm games on the psp. they could have just made a new mega man game for way less money on the DS with good graphics too. NSMB is the perfect example of what they could have done with mega man

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Argh!!!
Just 5...
My feelings EXACTLY. :urg:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
and you missed me calling SiD a redneck lol

I dont know why they thought it would be better to put those mm games on the psp. they could have just made a new mega man game for way less money on the DS with good graphics too. NSMB is the perfect example of what they could have done with mega man
*a whistle is heard, then out comes bksbestbwoy from under a rock*

if you were to ask me, i think that they (MHX and MMPU) shouldn't have been released on the PSP. you all have pretty much said what i was going to, but let me elaborate on somethings... i doubt that the games would have had the same polish as on the psp if we went with the ds (not talking graphically, more like unlockables and the OVA in MHX's case) if anything, they could have about megaman zero level of polish as witnessed with the ZX series. Honestly, i believe that if that''s the route the remakes were going to take, they should have made a full fledged effort to put it on a console, namely the wii. maybe from there they could have gradually expanded on each of the individual series, leading to a reboot of sorts... but they shot themselves in the foot by not marketing to the demographic that loves megaman (namely wii and ds owners)

sorry if im not making any sense... college exams are killing my speech patterns, lol

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
man. i bought a psp right when they came out just for MHX. then my friend borrowed my psp with MHX still in it and he lost it!!!! he has told me he would get me a new one for about EIGHT MONTHS NOW. I AM MAD.
ayways i also agree that MHX and PU would have sold awesome on the ds and then there would probably already be sequels. well MEGA-monday is gettng closer.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
man. i bought a psp right when they came out just for MHX. then my friend borrowed my psp with MHX still in it and he lost it!!!! he has told me he would get me a new one for about EIGHT MONTHS NOW. I AM MAD.
ayways i also agree that MHX and PU would have sold awesome on the ds and then there would probably already be sequels. well MEGA-monday is gettng closer.
I'm sorry. Maybe you should get some parental interference there.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
just thought i'd post a little something that'll get us into holiday spirits:

now i can't wait to hear "Megaman Get!" for Brawl... lol Megaman lingo, ftw!:chuckle:

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
This may not be an official confirmation, but graphic designers from Prima have been revealing a number of details in games for a while. I'm still taking this as a grain of salt, but still...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
i wish if i knew who it belonged to.. i just found it on my hard drive and thought you all would like to see it

Top Bottom