• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I'll reply to most of the things directed at me from yesterday. Tis a bit long.

You sir win teh internetz. Tis the first time anyone has ever dedicated an image to me. I know this probably took you 5 seconds but it makes me extremly happy. Oh and the answer is yes.

Dear Lord...
Youve complained about us insulting BN and SF...
Now you...youre insulting classic...
Classic...really...
His helmet has never truly changed so how can you insult that???
His "tube arm" was a high-tech blaster that fired concentrated energy shots...
How can you insult that...
And classic=metal - MM.exe=spandex...
Please dont try to ruin yourself here...
Mega Man deserves all our support...
I didn't complain for the insults I complained for the non-recognition and the flames. I can insult it the same way you guys can insult SF megaman. Because I want to. In my case it is also because it demonstrates a point. Megaman does deserve all our support. I'm bugged that I have to spend most of my time in this thread defending the blue guy from megaman supporters no less!

Oh, Lord.

*facepalm.*

Massive FAILURE. Way to start another string of arguments, E-Z.

Smooth Criminal
He started it. He insulted EXE for wearing blue spandex. Classic and EXE don't look all that different. Especially wearing blue spandex.

1. The helmet wasn't stupid.
2. Tube arm? What you mean the thing that looked more like a futuristic super weapon that fired out charged shots of death.
3. By blue spandex do you mean metal alloy? Because he is a robot... not some stupid-*** "Data" crap.

So yes he does look better... a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot, lot, better.
1. I'm sorry.
2. ROFLMAO!! Super weapon of death!! Looked like a hair dryer to me!
3.Well EXE is data so he isn't wearing blue spandex either. Plus if it looks like blue spandex on someone with a human face it is effectively blue spandex.

I disagree rabidly.

1. Helmet? Bad arguement.
2. Tube arm > random tiger arm
3. EVERY Megaman has worn blue spandex so far. MMC's spandex is just the prodominant part of his outfit. Also, I'd like to bring up that MMC's spandex is actual spandex. MMSF's spandex is virtual. Also, I'd like to take the time out to say: "Cool fo-hawk MMSF!" (:rolleyes:)

1. It is a bad argument. Personally I think all the megamans look stupid except for the Z's. But they look stupid in a nostalgic, funny, kinda cool and amusing way. I just didn't like him insulting EXE's looks without noticing how silly Classic looks.
2.I'd beg to differ but doing so would just tilt the slippery slope to flaming even steeper.
3.Does being virtual make it worse somehow? I'm actually not defending anyones SF's looks. Other than the awesome tiger arm((I should probably turn the fire hose back on)) I think he looks rather silly. He along with the other one that has hair showing bug me. Unless it is awesome hair ((Like Zero's)) it should not be showing on a megaman.

QFT lego. but theres no sense in arguing with E-Z cuz he just doesnt know what hes talking about.
Ugh you again. What don't I know exactly? Or are you just being a complete jerk who decided that flaming was the correct way to prove a point. God I hate public schools. Unless of course you went to a private school in which case I hate them. Although it seems to make more sense that you didn't go to school at all. Although I suppose your problem isn't one about intelligence as much as it was one of manners and logic. In that case I suppose I should blame your parents. Oh well. What can you do. I'm no fan of Eugenics so I wouldn't suggest forbidding them from breeding. Oh and by the way if you couldn't tell I dislike you. A lot. You are so infuriating. Of all the dense, rude and illogical people in this thread ((Exclusions being Ninjuku, Smooth, Dyce and most of the rest of you. All of you have been fairly nice and accepting of my gaming preferences.)) you are by far the most annoying with Mega-Ridley((Who is apparetly nicknamed Lego)) as a close second and Stryks as a third. I wasn't going to insult anyone becaus I prefer a moral high ground for my workings but I am actually annoyed with you. Not just amused by your rudeness. Not just impressed by your lack of logic. Not just confused by your train of thought. I was actually annoyed with you three. I think I still am truthfully. You are three of the few people who can actually get under my skin on the internet. Only the first layer mind you but **** are you guys wrigglers.[/rant]

Um sorry for that. I ran a little long and it was off topic. Anyway . . . MM for brawl! :p

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
I would try to vary my play in 1p mode...
But online...I will be Mega Man, Ganon, and (hopefuly) Ridley...
No one else!!!
I must tell you all of a great sin I have commited...
I played Battle Network today...
I had downloaded it a while back (yay emulators) and my brother was playing it...
He got stuck and asked for my help...
3 hours...
I played for 3 hours...
My brother had went to bed...
Do they have rehab for this kind of stuff???

EDIT: Oh, and just to stub any confusion, I like Battle Network now...kinda...
Its still annoying...buts its fun too...

RE-EDIT: @EZ...
The pic took about ten minutes...
I had to find my ROM (currently on a disk labeled classics)...
I had to load up my emulator...
I had to play through the intro...
Put this screen in paint...
Edit it...
Put it on Photobucket...
And link it...
Just saying...
Wow...I have no life...

courte

Smash Lord
personally i think battle network is a good game... except for teh part which a game needs that annoying story and the "ima kid! were all friends!!"

+the battling is nice and gets expansive if you go all out and collect the chips to make a wise folder
-------------super F- you have to play through the story to get the chips and the boss system confuses everything as well as the lack of platforming its not so hard i mean battle network nt transmission at least tried

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Megaman shouldn't be in.
He has no affiliation with Nintendo at all, not even rivalry.... I mean just cus he looks like he can be in smash doesn't mean he should be.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Megaman shouldn't be in.
He has no affiliation with Nintendo at all, not even rivalry.... I mean just cus he looks like he can be in smash doesn't mean he should be.
Holy crap!!!
You are an IDIOT!!!
Megaman started on the NES!!!
6 GAMES!!!
Then the seventh came out on the SNES!!!
The entire MM Zero and ZX series came out for the GBA/DS!!!
They released MM X Collection on the GC!!!
And more!!!
Know that Mega Man is VERY deeply rooted in Nintendo...
And that I am but one in many flames to come...

Blue X

Smash Cadet
Megaman shouldn't be in.
Mega Man 1-6 (NES and on GB)
Mega Man 7 (SNES)
Mega Man and Bass (GBA Remake, In Japan on the SNES)
Mega Man Soccer (SNES)
Mega Man Collection 1-8 (GC)
Mega Man X1-X3(SNES)
Mega Man X Collection X1-X6 (GC)
Mega Man X: Command Mission (GC)
Mega Man Xtreme 1 & 2 (GBC)
Mega Man N64 aka Rockman Dash (N64)
Mega Man Battle Network 1-6 (GBA)
Mega Man Zero 1-4 (GBA)
Mega Man ZX & ZX Advent (DS)
Mega Man Starforce Series (DS)

I think that's more than sufficient enough for Mega Man to stand a chance in SSBB. He's been on almost every Nintendo console.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man 1-6 (NES and on GB)
Mega Man 7 (SNES)
Mega Man and Bass (GBA Remake, In Japan on the SNES)
Mega Man Soccer (SNES)
Mega Man Collection 1-8 (GC)
Mega Man X1-X3(SNES)
Mega Man X Collection X1-X6 (GC)
Mega Man X: Command Mission (GC)
Mega Man Xtreme 1 & 2 (GBC)
Mega Man N64 aka Rockman Dash (N64)
Mega Man Battle Network 1-6 (GBA)
Mega Man Zero 1-4 (GBA)
Mega Man ZX & ZX Advent (DS)
Mega Man Starforce Series (DS)

I think that's more than sufficient enough for Mega Man to stand a chance in SSBB. He's been on almost every Nintendo console.
Nearly???
What did he miss???
Besides Wii...which, by the way, is in the works...
A Wii Mega Man that is...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Nearly???
What did he miss???
there are a lot more nintendo mega man titles than those, but it doesnt matter. He got his point across. I cant wait for that mega man Wii game, as long as its not a crappy pokemon ripoff *looks at starforce and BN*:laugh:

is it too much to hope this new mega man game will be as good as galaxy??:confused:

Blue X

Smash Cadet
Nearly???
What did he miss???
Well, I meant besides like Virtual Boy and the Wii. >__> But yes, all the major nintendo consoles he's been on. Most definitely. :)

Edit: Yup, just as bluebomber22 mentioned, he's been in more than enough. :3 Btw, I'm curious about this RMB I keep hearing. Could you possibly PM me details on how I could join R.M.B? :o I've already checked on smashwiki but I'd definitely like to join. :x

RDK

Smash Hero
Guys, quick--go vote for MM in the Character Battle thread in Forum Games. Geno's winning.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
there are a lot more nintendo mega man titles than those, but it doesnt matter. He got his point across. I cant wait for that mega man Wii game, as long as its not a crappy pokemon ripoff *looks at starforce and BN*:laugh:

is it too much to hope this new mega man game will be as good as galaxy??:confused:
As good as Galaxy???
Maybe...
Lets see what it is first...
MM / X 9...
Probably...
SF...probably not...
Zero...first...Id be dead from the amount of shock...second...maybe...
Legends...wont be 4 Wii...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Well, I meant besides like Virtual Boy and the Wii. >__> But yes, all the major nintendo consoles he's been on. Most definitely. :)

Edit: Yup, just as bluebomber22 mentioned, he's been in more than enough. :3 Btw, I'm curious about this RMB I keep hearing. Could you possibly PM me details on how I could join R.M.B? :o I've already checked on smashwiki but I'd definitely like to join. :x
to join RMB, go here http://z11.invisionfree.com/Play_2_Win/index.php?act=idx and request it on the RMB thread. Im sure youll be welcomed in

MaverickHunterZX

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm new to these forums and I want to dedicate my first post to this thread, (I were following it for a couple of days and) it made me join the forum just to support the blue bomber xD.

Well I'll be happy with any Megaman that makes it in, but I'll be extra-happy if Classic, X or Trigger made it in.

But to tell the truth, I would rather see X than any other forms, because I grew up playing its games and I think it is the best of all the series.
Anyway hope I fit well here.

MaverickHunterZX

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Hello, I'm new to these forums and I want to dedicate my first post to this thread, (I were following it for a couple of days and) it made me join the forum just to support the blue bomber xD.

Well I'll be happy with any Megaman that makes it in, but I'll be extra-happy if Classic, X or Trigger made it in.

But to tell the truth, I would rather see X than any other forms, because I grew up playing its games and I think it is the best of all the series.
Anyway hope I fit well here.

MaverickHunterZX
from the looks of your first post, you fit perfectly! welcome.

and i voted RDK

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
no x and zero are not gonna be in brawl the classic megaman will be in brawl and he appeared in nintendo system in the update of smash bros dojo the update 1 will be WARING CHALLENGER APPROCHING: MEGAMAN
and then update 2 megaman joins the brawl update 3 megaman special moves and update 4 megaman FINAL SMASH and that the smash bros DOJO update's
uh....
your logic sucks, X and zero have had plenty of games on the nintendo consoles.
classic has almost been entirely on the nintendo consoles either, but you forget 8 was for the playstation(I think).

That X and Zero team moveset is awesome. Now that's definitely a team I'd play quite often and could see being widely used. I'm still just rooting for either Classic or X. I'd main either anyway, I made a vow to main Mega if he got in. :)
its definatly the team up I want to see the most. I feel the same way.
I'm just asking out of curiosity, but will anyone completly give up on using Mega Man (a lot, not give up completly) if they don't get the incarnation they want? I personally won't use Mega Man much unless he comes in his classic form. X is alright, but I would rather play a Metroid game than that (plus he seems to be more assosiated with his games on the Playstation than the SNES) , and the other series' are just crappy in my opinion. Anyways, the classic form seems to be the icon of an iconic franchise. Classic Mega Man for brawl, with an awesome medley!
only if it was star fail and if he was given a completely awful moveset with the wrong voice. but even then I would use him a bit to try him out.
I would try to vary my play in 1p mode...
But online...I will be Mega Man, Ganon, and (hopefuly) Ridley...
No one else!!!
I must tell you all of a great sin I have commited...
I played Battle Network today...
I had downloaded it a while back (yay emulators) and my brother was playing it...
He got stuck and asked for my help...
3 hours...
I played for 3 hours...
My brother had went to bed...
Do they have rehab for this kind of stuff???

EDIT: Oh, and just to stub any confusion, I like Battle Network now...kinda...
Its still annoying...buts its fun too...

RE-EDIT: @EZ...
The pic took about ten minutes...
I had to find my ROM (currently on a disk labeled classics)...
I had to load up my emulator...
I had to play through the intro...
Put this screen in paint...
Edit it...
Put it on Photobucket...
And link it...
Just saying...
Wow...I have no life...
I played it even longer, got almost all the way to the secret
undernet king battle
, then I just needed a break from it cause it got boring to me.(plus I got started on playing other better games.)

Nearly???
What did he miss???
now lets play the waiting game!

I would think a little bit so. galaxy was nintendo's pride and joy, it also was called highest rated game of all time. and since OoT went 9 years or so unchallenged, its a hard goal to match.
Come on, don't say such scary things. There's no way it would suck that much. Not even if it were Battle Network.

...is there? :(
if it is just under galaxies quality it will still be amazing. so only if it is worse than a title like billy hatcher and the giant egg should we be worried.
Cmon guys...
Vote for Mega Man in Brawl...
I'll try later on today.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
@Ninjuku's "Battle Network" Syndrome - honestly, the same thing happened to me, but error_alt_delete pretty much sumed up what i did (turn it off, take a break which eventually led to me never coming back to the game, and play a different game, namely Mega Man Zero 2, which was new at the time.... So. Much. Win.)

And in regards to Mega Man Wii (that's such a horrible concept name, remind me never to use it again, lol) if they could put together either a multiverse satirical adventure/fighter (a la SSBB, lol), or even a full fledged adventure/RPG with everyone from the different series, then they would already have 75% of the job and support there for the gme to be up there with (or reeeeeaaalllyy close to) Galaxy, Ocarina of Time, or Brawl (we all know Brawl's gonna be big regardless of what's shown now). The other 25% would be between:

-Great graphics with no hiccups or bugs
-Non-Gimmicky Wii controls [if we even have to get Wii controls *reconsiders this when he thinks of Mega Buster firing* (I love the Wii, but crappy ports with half ***** motion sensing = Fail.)
-Either a great and expansivestoryline a la Legends 2 (for a full flegded game) or a really ****ing funny set of events and in game references to other things (if they go the Smash Bros. route)
-A killer soundtrack (but most, if not all, Mega Man games get this anyway :p)
-And finally, for the love of everything Light & Wily related, make it multiverse! 20 years and they never thought of this???

And tht ends my two cents (dollars?)

[/rant and dreaming] [reality]

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
As long as it's a blue buster-wielding bomber (that includes .EXE or SF) then yes, I'd main Mega. No ZX posers Vent, Aile, Grey, or Ashe. Zero is the ONLY exception and even then that's a strong maybe. The thing is even though EXE and SF aren't the best of chars, they are still variations of Megaman. I'd just prefer the tangible trio (Classic, X, and Trigger).

And on the subject of Megaman being as good as Galaxy, it can be done but it would take a MASSIVE effort on Capcom's part. And IMO, it would also have to be Legends 3 as that's the only series Capcom is seemingly willing to do in 3D.

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
I would love EXE in, part of that being because I've played Battle Network 3 and 4 almost all the way through all of the secrets, and outside of that, I've only played Zero 4. I take it that I am missing a lot, and I will never fall so low as to buy SF. But I would probably second him no matter what form he is (unfortunately, Issac comes first).

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
you know what I want to see? unlockable alt costumes. this way, we can have all of the forms of megaman without the need to worry which one gets in. sadly this idea so far has nothing saying it would be implemented, but it would be a great way of avoiding clones taking up another slot, third party slots that is.

Whats this about a Mega man Wii?

I would love EXE in, part of that being because I've played Battle Network 3 and 4 almost all the way through all of the secrets, and outside of that, I've only played Zero 4. I take it that I am missing a lot, and I will never fall so low as to buy SF. But I would probably second him no matter what form he is (unfortunately, Issac comes first).
Wrong thread mate.

Come on, don't say such scary things. There's no way it would suck that much. Not even if it were Battle Network.

...is there? :(
The only way it could suck as much as you make it out to be is if they listened to you for anything.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ That was too good. :laugh:

Seriously though, that news IS MEGAMAN RELATED, but it could be anything. Another classic, X, Star Force, Legends, or ZX game/sequal, another spin-off, Megaman Wii, new Megaman series, Megaman in Brawl, a event dedicated to Megaman, or something else. Seriously, who knows=??? Don't get your hopes up for nothing peoples. ;)

burrito

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Megaman is totally going to be revealed on the 17th, it is the perfect time for it.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
don,t worry people not on my watch because megaman will not lose this vote we all megaman smashboarders have to keep voting keep voting keep voted so megaman will be reveal in brawl so we have to keep voting together and that,s the plan for this

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
first off people get over there and vote for MM!

secondly @ lego, mega man wii (lol at BK) has been rumored for a while. but it was confirmed at the 20th anniversary event that they are indeed making one, we just dont know what it is.

@JK1- what news sir? please elaborate

Stryks

Smash Hero
BLUE BOMBER DOUBLE POSTED =O

anyway the Megaman wii game wasnt 100% confirmed, Inafune just said he would love to make a game for it... so yeah...

alsoanyone getting the uber slow posting speed?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For Megaman Wii, they should go back to classic,

...and create something revolutionary, full 3D...not like dash, like...Galaxy or something, but more Megaman-y

Stryks

Smash Hero
I would really prefer it old school 2-d sidescroller, but ala new SMB, with 3d graphics, obcourse I want a GOOD sotryline, not just Wily made 8 new robot mastersgo take them out, also if they can make it work, maybe a 3rd person game ala Legends would work, pointing with the wii mote and all....

RDK

Smash Hero
Quick, we need more MM votes in the Character Battle thread! Also, nice Gannon-Bann, Lego.

And SWF is slower than ****ed **** again. Surprise.

Top Bottom