• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
In name, BN and Starfail are Megaman games. In form and function, they don't play anything like the originals. AT ALL. See the logic, E-Z? That's how we feel. Semantics aside, that is our opinion and that is what matters. Same with you, man. Your opinion is what matters.

Smooth Criminal
That is all well and good but they are megaman games. I don't care what your opinion is or what my opinion is. They are megaman games. Since ou have already acknowledged it I will leave it there but I just don't like them being htought of as nonmegaman.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Megaman sucks, he wouldnt make it in SSBB, besides, why do you want him?
Dear God please forgive me for the vengeful things I am about to post...
You...
You...
Are you THAT STUPID!?!
Youre randomly posting an anti-mega man message...on the Mega Man support thread...
You have entered a whole new level of brain-dead reached only by zombies...and certain politicians...
You need to get off the computer...
Dig a deep hole...
Can you get out???
Yes???
Dig deeper...
Can you see the top???
No???
Good...now curl up and die while we fill in the hole...
You should be ashamed...
Go play in traffic...
Go play leap-frog over a cliff...
See how long you can hold your breath in Liquid Nitrogen...
Take a knife and stab out your own eyes...
Now go and wallow in your filthy life of spite and solitude...

RDK

Smash Hero
That is all well and good but they are megaman games. I don't care what your opinion is or what my opinion is. They are megaman games. Since ou have already acknowledged it I will leave it there but I just don't like them being htought of as nonmegaman.
Whoever said that BN and SF aren't MM games are kidding themselves. Of course they're MM games--just not very good ones.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
ninjuku, you made it clear to this joke E-Z the first time so i am not sure why he doesnt get it. if we could move along with other megaman topics that would be nice. however since this kid wont just leave the topic than i want you to keep making him a phailer. that is all. i am sure EZ will say something else to.
I thought we were past the flaming and the general stupidity. Also please don't call me kid. We joined the same time, I have more posts than you and I seem to be better with the shift button. I am almost sure that I am younger than you but I am alergic to condecending people and i'm sick enough as it is.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
I thought we were past the flaming and the general stupidity. Also please don't call me kid. We joined the same time, I have more posts than you and I seem to be better with the shift button. I am almost sure that I am younger than you but I am alergic to condecending people and i'm sick enough as it is.
We are past the arguing stage...
You know we dont consider BN and SF true-traditional incarnations of the blue bomber...
We know, however, that they are, and for all rights and purposes, will continue to be as such until Nintendo and Capcom say otherwise...
Case closed...
Judgement in favor of the audience...
Court dismissed...

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
We are past the arguing stage...
You know we dont consider BN and SF true-traditional incarnations of the blue bomber...
We know, however, that they are, and for all rights and purposes, will continue to be as such until Nintendo and Capcom say otherwise...
Case closed...
Judgement in favor of the audience...
Court dismissed...
Uh sure. Anyway if(when) Megaman (or various incarnations/friends) get in what do you think his role in the subspace story will be?

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Uh sure. Anyway if(when) Megaman (or various incarnations/friends) get in what do you think his role in the subspace story will be?
Ok...
Ill take it as Mario or (God forbid his return)Captain Falcon that eventually reaches the race track/highway area... Ill say Mario...
So after Mario leaves the race track and heads along the highway...
Hes ambushed by a large group of SSA troops and robots...
Mario begins fighting them off but soon a great rumble can be heard...
One of those giant bee mecalloids bursts from the highway shattering the highway before them...
It launches a series of missiles a t Mario, but each one explodes in a flash of light...
Megaman jumps down off a nearby skyscraper and stands by Mario as they dispatch this flyingn menace...
Sigma/Vile/Wily/or Bass would appear as a boss at the end of the level...

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Since I haven't seen one made, I've made this one. The Official Megaman in Brawl topic.

Do you support Megaman? Are you against it?

What version of Megaman would you like? Original? X? .EXE? Maybe even the new XZ?

If megaman is in, would you want to see a partner? Protoman? Bass? Zero? Axel?

What if Zero DOES get in. Which would you prefer? Original or the MMZ style?

What about attacks and the super move? What ideas do you have?

Come! Help support the power that is Megaman!
ok, well i suppourt this, but i am worried that we will get a japanified cutsie megaman legends megaman, wich would suck. it should DEFINATELY be Mega Man X, he could also have a kindof Kirby-Style way of using opponents moves, or the last person he killed he would get their Side B or B attack. his final smash could be a Beam Saber move, his B should be a charge up that you can move around while charging but perhaps loses charge if you get hit. It would be weaker than samus's charge cause you can move while charging, or maybe they could just have it take longer to charge. anyways if i think of a good set of B moves for him i'll post em.

In terms of likeliness, importance and popularity:

Classic > X > others > Battle network > Star fail

But I would like X and Zero to get into brawl somehow... either as an AT (Or hopefully) a role (No matter how minor) in the SE.

And... er... whats been happening while I was away guys?

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, too many sequals. We got X as a classic sequal, Zero as a sequal to that, and we'll probably get a sequal to that, if we didn't already [not sure if Legends would be a sequal]. In factl I'm assuming we'll get 8 Megaman series, they'll all go to 8 [at most], and then stop! :laugh: Megaman sure does love 8, ALMOST AS MUCH AS 9! :grin:

Edit: After that, all Megaman games are just single games, or random arcade games. But only 8 of each of those at most! :laugh:
with all this talk about sequel its makes me think they are more likely to add regular ol' Mega Man, wich is ok,

thats a good look for him since mega man 8 was the last american title, and he looks pretty much the same in 9, i realise that they released Link how he looks in Twilight Princess and added a move from Sunshine to Mario's B moves, But those are direct sequels, and i think they will add mega man from the most recent game of the original series wich is 8 and 9, Also if they do or decide to realease some bosses, it would have to be either Cutman or Gutsman

Classic Mega Man's Moves:

Up B: some form of uppercut
Side B: Elec Man's Attack (without pause trick duh lol) low knockback, good for building up damage
B: Chargable shot
Down B: Gutsman's Attack (Like peach's turnips but slower and with more power)

A: 1-2 punch
Side A: a bigger punch
Up A: an uppercut like move with more range from buster
Down A: a sweep

F Smash: like Samus'
Down Smash: uses a Bombman bomb to hit the ground
Up Smash: uses a cutman cutter to slash the air above

Fair: Samus' but graphics to look more like fireman's move
Dair: a stomp like Cflacon
Bair: a back kick
Uair: Cutman cutter

im not gonna list throws.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
ok, well i suppourt this, but i am worried that we will get a japanified cutsie megaman legends megaman, wich would suck. it should DEFINATELY be Mega Man X, he could also have a kindof Kirby-Style way of using opponents moves, or the last person he killed he would get their Side B or B attack. his final smash could be a Beam Saber move, his B should be a charge up that you can move around while charging but perhaps loses charge if you get hit. It would be weaker than samus's charge cause you can move while charging, or maybe they could just have it take longer to charge. anyways if i think of a good set of B moves for him i'll post em.
itll most likely be classic, then X imo. with either one, im satisfied.

there is a small possibility that one of the kids from ZXA or starphail mega man could get in, but those chances are really really small. this is mainly because Sakurai prefers retro characters, and classic mega man was the one requested on the poll, not the other versions.

Also, classic and X are regared as higher quality series than starforce

EDIT: @ Corax, i like your moveset cuz it uses all MM1 powers. pretty good

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
In terms of likeliness, importance and popularity:

Classic > X > others > Battle network > Star fail

But I would like X and Zero to get into brawl somehow... either as an AT (Or hopefully) a role (No matter how minor) in the SE.

And... er... whats been happening while I was away guys?
Lots of arguing...
read the last 3 or so pages...
-drops from exhaustion-

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Have you guys played Mega Man Powered Up? It's a remake of Mega Man I, and you can play as all the Robot Masters. Very fun.
Yeah, I've played Powered Up and it is quite good, but I don't really like the chibi styled look or the new RMs much. I usually find myself playing the MM1 on my Anniversary Collection.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
smash mega fan,s i got some bad news sakurai right he don,t want to hung up hidden caracters it means that megaman will not annouced as a hidden caracter but i saw a word called HIDDEN CARACTERS that what i saw at SMASH BROS DOJO on today.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
smash mega fan,s i got some bad news sakurai right he don,t want to hung up hidden caracters it means that megaman will not annouced as a hidden caracter but i saw a word called HIDDEN CARACTERS that what i saw at SMASH BROS DOJO on today.
What the **** did you just say?

Stryks

Smash Hero
ENGLISH... LEARN ENGLISH
OR AT LEAST SPANISH, I CAN TRANSLATE LATER ON...

Stryks

Smash Hero
MEGAMAN POWERED UP it was the fun game at all times trying to finshi the game but the graphic was great evermade in history
What the... graphics ever made history?
BEST graphics ever made IN history u mean??
if thats the stake WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
Im hoping for Megaman.EXE and his FS could be like a program advance like that program advance from megman 6 for the gba redmoon it was something like that.
That would be total pwnage.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Im hoping for Megaman.EXE and his FS could be like a program advance like that program advance from megman 6 for the gba redmoon it was something like that.
That would be total pwnage.
Forewarning: expect to flamed for that post. Most people around here seem to harbor a strange hatred for the Battle Network games. (Personally, I liked the two I played - 1 and 2 - so I don't see why, but there are a lot of opinions people have that I don't understand; and of course since I never played any past 2 I suppose the series could have gone downhill after that or something.)

Personally, I definitely want Classic above all others. The original seems to me the best way to represent Mega Man, and given the original Mega Man started on the NES its a perfectly fitting way to honor his extensive history with Nintendo too. (Plus of course classic is my favorite, so theres that.) I'd accept X or .EXE though, if need be (albeit with much grumbling, particularly with .EXE).

Zevox

RDK

Smash Hero
ENGRISH, MOTHAF*CKA, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

And Xanderous, I love your sig.

As to MM Powered.....yeah, it was a fun game, but the chibi look killed it for me after a while.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've played Powered Up and it is quite good, but I don't really like the chibi styled look or the new RMs much. I usually find myself playing the MM1 on my Anniversary Collection.
yeah i didnt like the style they went for in powered up, so i haven't played it yet

How can people actually like Megaman.exe? I mean lets disrgard everything and just focus on Megaman.exe himself.

He is a kid with spiky hair wearing blue spandex, you see this look could be pulled off in some cases (Astro boy) but Capcom (Trying to give him a child friendly (And by child I mean mentally ******** child)) flopped the design and already killed off the main character to past Mega man fans before any data-robots-apocalypse could happen.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
yeah i didnt like the style they went for in powered up, so i haven't played it yet
Well, as myself and others have said, despite the look it IS a pretty good game. If you happen to have a PSP on your hands and can find the game at a low price, then I'd recommend it. You can play as Megaman, the original six Robot Masters and two others, Roll, and even Protoman! Heck, you can even play as unarmored Rock Light (now called "Mega" in this game) and go Chuck Norris on Dr.Wily and his machines! Personally, the only gripe I have is the music, not the best of Megaman music.

Edit: MRK Man, personally I don't think his look is that bad actually.

shn

Smash Rookie
haven't gotten powered up yet, thought about it but went with Maverick Hunter X. Just more of an X fan.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Well, as myself and others have said, despite the look it IS a pretty good game. If you happen to have a PSP on your hands and can find the game at a low price, then I'd recommend it. You can play as Megaman, the original six Robot Masters and two others, Roll, and even Protoman! Heck, you can even play as unarmored Rock Light (now called "Mega" in this game) and go Chuck Norris on Dr.Wily and his machines! Personally, the only gripe I have is the music, not the best of Megaman music.

Edit: MRK Man, personally I don't think his look is that bad actually.
since you reminded me of how awesomely great the music in the first 6 mega man games are this is another reason to include him in brawl. i still listen to those 8-bit tunes today and would love to have them resurected for mega man's stage in brawl.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that EXE and SF are good games. But the reason for all the dislike is that it's not what Mega Man is about.

This was just a game with Mega Man slapped on after it.

Blue X

Smash Cadet
I'm literally counting the days until Mega Man's anniversary. Having him in the game would be epic. I'm a personal fan of classic or X and I'll be fine with either one of them getting in.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
I'm literally counting the days until Mega Man's anniversary. Having him in the game would be epic. I'm a personal fan of classic or X and I'll be fine with either one of them getting in.
i think Megaman will be in the game on the 15th Dec
i have to know what will happen on that day

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
i think Megaman will be in the game on the 15th Dec
i have to know what will happen on that day
I doubt it, that's the day the starting roster will be revealed and we all know Megaman is an unlockable character. Megaman's day is just two days after that the 17th and that's when he's expected to be on the DOJO.

And welcome. It's always good to see more MM supporters in this thread.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Off Topic, sorry.

DUDES!!! (and girl? Hi peach) The Nintendo World Store in New York is awesome!!!!!
They have an Interactive Mario! You ask it questions....and it Talks back! Pretty well, too.

P.S.
-------Mega Man for Brawl
ask him whos all in brawl then, duh

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it, that's the day the starting roster will be revealed and we all know Megaman is an unlockable character. Megaman's day is just two days after that the 17th and that's when he's expected to be on the DOJO.

And welcome. It's always good to see more MM supporters in this thread.
Why would they go through this whole big thing about having the Brawl roster and only reveal what we already know?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Megaman in Brawl would be a big hit with the fan's, and both Nintendo and Capcom's success.

Megaman in Brawl is the kind of surprise we need to kick off his 20th anniversary.

Hopefully, we'll see his confirmation soon.

Top Bottom