• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ok I've done some reading and I think I may be able to translate this:

playing with one stock PLEASE FOR crying out loud how is to unlock megaman IF you play with one stock when i play as LUCAS to unlock megaman why how but it means third party,s are secret caracters that,s what sakurai said for now but if you want to unlock megaman you have to finshi each mode what it said so good luck when you buy the game
Playing with one stock is dumb.
If you play one stock, you unlock Megaman.
I will use Lucas to unlock Megaman.
3rd Party guests are secret characters, that's what Sakurai said.
Actually, it said: "to unlock Megaman you must beat each game mode."
Good luck when you buy the game.

Yea...
Well obviously Miss Teen South Carolina owns a SWF account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
True, Geno then maybe Bomberman.

I think jak and Daxter would be a cool two person team, kinda like Ice Climbers, but Daxter doesnt follow you, he just sits on your shoulder or whatever.
but he isnt even on the list, haha but would be cool.

But Mega Man is surly on to for the next Wanted 3rd party.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Ok I've done some reading and I think I may be able to translate this:

Playing with one stock is dumb.
If you play one stock, you unlock Megaman.
I will use Lucas to unlock Megaman.
3rd Party guests are secret characters, that's what Sakurai said.
Actually, it said: "to unlock Megaman you must beat each game mode."
Good luck when you buy the game.

Yea...
Well obviously Miss Teen South Carolina owns a SWF account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
You win the internet and the only copies of Legends 3 & Megaman 9 in existance, lmao:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

RDK

Smash Hero
True, Geno then maybe Bomberman.

I think jak and Daxter would be a cool two person team, kinda like Ice Climbers, but Daxter doesnt follow you, he just sits on your shoulder or whatever.
but he isnt even on the list, haha but would be cool.

But Mega Man is surly on to for the next Wanted 3rd party.
Bomberman, then maybe Geno.

And Dyce, where did you ever find that? I swear--some people are just plain ********.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
So I was wondering who you guys thought Megaman's biggest opponents to get into smash were? I suppose the most important thing about him is his third party status. So naturally third party characters are his biggest enemies. The only real contenders I have heard of are Geno, Crono, Sora, Cloud, Pacman, Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot and Mog. Geno, Pacman, Bomberman and Mog are the only ones I really think have a chance. Since Geno seems to have the biggest following I think he is MM biggest enemy.
Wait...Mog like a Moogle???
Bomberman...only if Megamans in first...
Pacman...below Bomberman...
Sora would work...hes a little below Mega...above Bomber...
Cloud...hehe...hes at Sora level...
Geno is about half a step below Mega...
Confusing??? Good...
-THESE ARE ALL PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SPEAK FOR THE TOTALITY OF THE SMASHBOARDS, OR EVEN POPULAR OPINION-
Thank you...

SiegK

Smash Champion
So I was wondering who you guys thought Megaman's biggest opponents to get into smash were? I suppose the most important thing about him is his third party status. So naturally third party characters are his biggest enemies. The only real contenders I have heard of are Geno, Crono, Sora, Cloud, Pacman, Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot and Mog. Geno, Pacman, Bomberman and Mog are the only ones I really think have a chance. Since Geno seems to have the biggest following I think he is MM biggest enemy.
Crash? No way.
Mog? What are you smoking, he has no chance.
Cloud? Not really, though it would be cool.

Here's a real List.

Mega Man, Geno, Sora and Bomberman.

Stryks

Smash Hero
How exaclt does Sora stand a chance? just because hes popular? he only has one game in a nintendo console, one is coming out, but hes mostly playstation material...

realistically for me:
1.- megaman
2.- geno (if considered 3rd party, can go both ways)
3.- bomberman
4.- pacman (miyamoto loves the yellow dude)

and so on...

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Wait...Mog like a Moogle???
Bomberman...only if Megamans in first...
Pacman...below Bomberman...
Sora would work...hes a little below Mega...above Bomber...
Cloud...hehe...hes at Sora level...
Geno is about half a step below Mega...
Confusing??? Good...
-THESE ARE ALL PERSONAL OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY SPEAK FOR THE TOTALITY OF THE SMASHBOARDS, OR EVEN POPULAR OPINION-
Thank you...
So your list goes:
Megaman
Geno
Sora/Cloud
Bomberman
Pacman.
I would switch bomberman and Sora/Cloud but that is pretty acurate in my opinion.

And yes a Mog like a Moogle. Apparently they have a following.

SiegK

Smash Champion
How exaclt does Sora stand a chance? just because hes popular? he only has one game in a nintendo console, one is coming out, but hes mostly playstation material...

realistically for me:
1.- megaman
2.- geno (if considered 3rd party, can go both ways)
3.- bomberman
4.- pacman (miyamoto loves the yellow dude)

and so on...
Miyamoto isnt a big hand in this project.
Sora has alot of votes on Sakurai's list.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
So your list goes:
Megaman
Geno
Sora/Cloud
Bomberman
Pacman.
I would switch bomberman and Sora/Cloud but that is pretty acurate in my opinion.

And yes a Mog like a Moogle. Apparently they have a following.
I knew they had a reasonably large fanbase...
Heck...I like the magic-prone useless-winged white fuzz-balls...
But...in Brawl???
Oh and my list is a little biased...
Im a FF fanatic...
Who knew???

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Are You F**king Kidding me... get that Filth! Out of Here.
WOW...

I must have hit a soft spot with that one.

Sorry SiegK I... didn't know you had something for Miss Teen South Carolina?

You win the internet and the only copies of Legends 3 & Megaman 9 in existance, lmao:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
Yay!
:D

And Dyce, where did you ever find that? I swear--some people are just plain ********.
Really, you never saw that? It was HUGE in like, September of this year. Where've you been?

Wait, you're not from America, are you?

RDK

Smash Hero
Really, you never saw that? It was HUGE in like, September of this year. Where've you been?

Wait, you're not from America, are you?
.....you're joking, right?

< Michigan

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I thought we decided that Megaman KOing for his abilities was a bad idea. It would be an unfruitful feature in 1-Stock matches.

And I don't think that giving Megaman the option of "dying to change your powers" is a good feature, either. Maybe... though, now that I'm thinking about it... (assuming that B during a grab is how you acquire abilities) Megaman were to bring up an ability, and then grab another opponent, hit B, and then lose his first ability while gaining the alternative.

... I don't know. Just spittin' out nonsense I suppose.

Megaman 5 Brawl
I didnt mean it like that.
I threw out what I thought so far made sense, but the copy grab is most likely. I also meant you always lose your power when you die, not you have to die to lose it. you can get rid of it by copy grabing your opponent again, or maybe taunting. I was just saying that if you could copy 3 opponents, by the time you have all three, you are going to be so close to dieing that they would be wasted anyways.

Oh. My. ****ing. God. Guys, what if this is the multiverse crossover Megaman game we have all been waiting for? (Read some of the posts to understand what I mean)

Bksbestbwoy = Chief Informant of The R.M.B. (I finally came up with a title for myself) My secondary title could be Chief Historian of the Neo Arcadian Ages
that would be sweet, I'll check out the link in a sec.
So your list goes:
Megaman
Geno
Bomberman
Pacman.
Sora
***Cloud

***suposedly there was a translation that said that there wont be any FF characters in brawl since there were so many of them made. Ive seen the articale myself, but I cant remember the link. it was somewere on this site though.
I edited the post to show my views on the third parties.
Megaman and Geno have bigger votes, thus the likeliest dudes and I hardly see that many 3rd partys :p
also miyamoto always has a hand in nintendo projects XD
QFT.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Hey Bluebomber22 I know it's none of mine business but aren't you the same BB22 on a different site like this one for example: http://www.thenproject.com/?p=290 I'm just curious so flame me if I stuck my nose too far across the line.
Yep, thats me!:p

No being called Megaman makes it a mega man game. Capcom decides not you. The holder of the copyright can call anything a mega man game and since they own mega man they would be right.
obviously you moron. its a mega man game in a nominal sense only. not in reality

Oh. My. ****ing. God. Guys, what if this is the multiverse crossover Megaman game we have all been waiting for? (Read some of the posts to understand what I mean)

Bksbestbwoy = Chief Informant of The R.M.B. (I finally came up with a title for myself) My secondary title could be Chief Historian of the Neo Arcadian Ages
im gonna check that out in a second...sound interesting

EDIT: the title terrifies me. but if it winds up being a classic mm game with legends gameplay ill be happy

CRASH BANDICOOT as competition for Mega Man????

Please get out of this thread

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
obviously you moron. its a mega man game in a nominal sense only. not in reality
You are mistaken. It is a megaman game in reality but not one in function.

You misunderstand. Competition in that they are competing for the same spot. In every way I can possibly imagine Megaman pwns Crash.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
i believe megaman has no competition to get IN to brawl however i do believe after megaman is conformed others are likely like geno or something but sakurai doesnt want too many but he can always add more if he wants to i guess. if there is in all seriousness only one spot left than the only real competition is geno and bomberman. megaman will make the cut though.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
You are mistaken. It is a megaman game in reality but not one in function.
if you think BN and Starforce are truly mega man games you need a reality check. They are mega man games in name only. nothing else

You misunderstand. Competition in that they are competing for the same spot. In every way I can possibly imagine Megaman pwns Crash.
Crash Bandicoot isnt competing for any spot in brawl. he's not popular, not wanted, and wasnt even on the poll

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
@error...
You put Pacman over Sora and Cloud...
Pacman isnt exactly a brawler...
Im just curious as to how that would work...
I mean Sora's got keyblades...and Cloud has the Buster Sword...
Pacman has a mouth...
-wakka wakka wakka-
And the note about Sora and Cloud being in one Nintendo game...untrue...
Has anyone heard of KH 365/2 Days coming out for the DS???
Oh and Geno has only seen one game so far...
Besides...its about what the fans want...
Im saying that once we have our Capcom rep, Square's the way to go...
Who the face of Square???
I think FF and KH...
Hmmm...FFVII...KH2FM(Final Mix)...
...Cloud and Sora!!!
after Megaman of course...
I fear I have disincluded Geno due to my want of another sword-weilding character...
Besides...I dont think Geno counts as a full 3rd party character...

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
if you think BN and Starforce are truly mega man games you need a reality check. They are mega man games in name only. nothing else
Exactly. Name is all that counts. They are officialy megaman. I agree that they are completely different but they are Megaman.

Crash Bandicoot isnt competing for any spot in brawl. he's not popular, not wanted, and wasnt even on the poll
There is a support thread somewhere so some people want him. I was just saying that Crash is one of the characters that I had heard of. Nothing else.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143

With these two responses, i now know another reason why you were the best choice for the Leader of The Robot Masters Brigade. :chuckle:

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
With these two responses, i now know another reason why you were the best choice for the Leader of The Robot Masters Brigade. :chuckle:
What he said ^^^
thanks guys. hes just talking nonsense, usually im nice but seriously.

and good job getting the info that mega man Wii game BK

Hey guys i had a nightmare last night about mega man in brawl. In my dream i checked the dojo and i saw a character update for Zack and Wiki lol!! their icon was the word capcom. i scrolled down to see their b move was 8 bit mega man teleporting in and shooting 1 little pellet lol. I remember getting really angry cuz sakurai's comments about mm not getting in were pretty smug.

when i woke up, i was pretty pissed off. then i realized it was just a dream and i started ROFL. It was my worst fear come true:laugh:

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman

Oh, you KNOW what's coming next...

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

* Here comes the tomatoes! *

:laugh:
Wait...what???
Thats Pacman's thing...
He eats and goes Wakka Wakka...
Why do you reject me so???
-Splat-
OH DEAR SWEET HEAVENLY LORD IT GOT IN MY EYE!!!
-splat splat thunk-
AHHHH!!! WHO THREW THE BRICK!?!
I CANT FEEL MY LEG!!!
WHY!?!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
LOL@Ninjuku.

Dude, remember Fozzy Bear from the Muppets? "Wakka, wakka" is also his thing; he'd say that at the end of every lame-*** punchline he uttered. And when the crowd jeered him, they'd throw all sorts of produce at him---chiefly, tomatoes.

And don't EVER make the same mistake of comparing Crash Bandicoot to ANY of the 2-D platforming icons---that includes the likes of Megaman, Sonic, and Mario (in no particular order).

Smooth Criminal

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
LOL@Ninjuku.

Dude, remember Fozzy Bear from the Muppets? "Wakka, wakka" is also his thing; he'd say that at the end of every lame-*** punchline he uttered. And when the crowd jeered him, they'd throw all sorts of produce at him---chiefly, tomatoes.

And don't EVER make the same mistake of comparing Crash Bandicoot to ANY of the 2-D platforming icons---that includes the likes of Megaman, Sonic, and Mario (in no particular order).

Smooth Criminal
ohhhh... yeah...
I forgot that...
hmmm...
Well it seems I got this limp for nothing...
Nothing to break up about...
Wakka wakka...
ahhh...seriously...
I just cant see Megaman vs. Pacman in a fair fight...

EDIT: I havent even mentioned Crash, but I will say hes seen better days...

Top Bottom