• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
i agree with you in the sense that they cant keep making the same game over and over again. you need a little something extra to make it unique. But BN is way farther off the classic mega man formula than SM sunshine is from the normal mario formula
BN broke theseries in a worse way than Super mario sunshine. if you want to compare something to SMSS and be correct, then look at the ZX series. it added a new feature that was a little strange but it worked out fine. BN is a flat out new game.
Rumor that all characters or at least the starting roster will be revealed in a known Japanese magazine called CoroCoro. Stuff have proved reliable from them. But we don't know for sure. I don't care about spoilers, I'll be gad to know the full roster. But Samurai Panda says it might be only already known characters and then a few "unconfirmees on the Dojoee" characters.
I think it would just be a starting roster. I doubt we would know the full roster before the game even comes out. alot of people would still like the suprise of finding a character. once we know the full starting roster, I wont be here or at the dojo until I have gotten the game and unlocked everyone. but I will be at P2W.
The updates are a blessing. Most games wouldn't have something like the dojo at all. Even the littlest thing is good. Oh and Cool sig. Biggie for brawl. I wonder what Megaman would look like after taking his powers? :ohwell:
the dojo is something good, I kind of enjoy the way he is teasing us, its kinda funny. but also dont forget he had 2 months+around 20 days more updates he has to make, so you have to expect alot of these "boring" updates. remember, the more "boring" updates we get now, the more good updates we can look forward too.
I think the emblem of any Megaman character, regardless of series, would just be a simplified metool.

if we got all of the megaman forms as alts of each other then he could work to represent them all at once as a whole.
Even if he's not revealed on the fifteenth, I have a strong feeling that he's going to be in Brawl.

...Optimism?
clear thinking. megaman is a third party, so he isnt in the starting roster. and it is very likely we will only get the starting roster on that date. this means that even if we dont get megaman on that date, there is still a chance we will get him in the future, just wait and see.
optimism? more like logic :)
^ya.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
hey guys, im listening to the tunnel scene music update today and i'm wondering, honestly, doesn't the song sound like it came out of a Megaman/X/Zero game? I dunno but it really sounds like it to me.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
hey guys, im listening to the tunnel scene music update today and i'm wondering, honestly, doesn't the song sound like it came out of a Megaman/X/Zero game? I dunno but it really sounds like it to me.
I got the same vibe, but I didnt think much of it. with how many games are made, and how many different musics have to be made for each one, similarities are bound to pop up. but it was still a little cool to get that vibe.(BTW this was my favorite music so far on the dojo).
Nah, I saw the cover of the game called X, its defintely from that game...

also: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3436086&posted=1#post3436086 megaman = samus clone guy, and he claims he KNOWS megaman and would just be another samus...
that guy's logic was worse than almost everything I have heard so far. how can he have played a megaman game and say that?! it makes no sense.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yep Im doin the comic as we spea- err type, Actually there are some cameos from the RMB, just a few, Ill add more cameos later on in the next comics...

I hate statistics... ****ing hell : (

O yhea by the way guys this is just a random heads up but I will be starting a "World of smash bros" esque series soon, whats the world for it again? Starts with M... like video game videos or something... bah, anyways er just thought I would let you know.

I mean Mega man for brawl, and looking forward to that comic Stryk's!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wait ur making machinima? WTF? i guessing ur using melee right? man always wanted to do a machinima, hey lego I got some ideas if u want them, dont think ill ever make one :p

They are actually pretty easy to make. All you need is a camera (Or your mobile phone) and camera mode in melee.

And it is just a general thing that I am doing with some of my friends.

Yhea at the comment the phone is the only option but hopefully soon we will have a video camera.

If the first season (Melee) is successful we will hopefully be the first Brawl one as well. And of course Mega man will defiantly get a role in that as well.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Guys, I just thought of something sad.

If Megaman has the ability to copy opponents, I don't think he'll be able to switch between them. I just realized that if it was the case in which he could copy more than one opponent, he would be totally screwed in 4-player matches in which PT, Zelda/Sheik, and Samus/Zamus were involved.

And as good an idea as it sounds, unless PT, Zelda/Sheik, and Samus/Zamus were all to be given one power, regardless of who Megaman copied, there would be no way for us to interchange between abilities.

I guess this means that Megaman is going with only one copy, or none at all.

:(

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Guys...please promise me to upload a lot of Mega Man Videos on Youtube once you will get the game...I will have to wait till JUNE! :(

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

If Megaman has the ability to copy opponents, I don't think he'll be able to switch between them. I just realized that if it was the case in which he could copy more than one opponent, he would be totally screwed in 4-player matches in which PT, Zelda/Sheik, and Samus/Zamus were involved.

And as good an idea as it sounds, unless PT, Zelda/Sheik, and Samus/Zamus were all to be given one power, regardless of who Megaman copied, there would be no way for us to interchange between abilities.

umm...ok? this isnt realy a problem. sure he cant switch between unless they are set to taunts, but dont forget you have to defeat the person first to get the power. also when you die you can lose all the powers you got. so there wouldnt be any real need for multiple powers, since you can lose them right after collecting them all. I think one power is alot more manigable and simple.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I thought we decided that Megaman KOing for his abilities was a bad idea. It would be an unfruitful feature in 1-Stock matches.

And I don't think that giving Megaman the option of "dying to change your powers" is a good feature, either. Maybe... though, now that I'm thinking about it... (assuming that B during a grab is how you acquire abilities) Megaman were to bring up an ability, and then grab another opponent, hit B, and then lose his first ability while gaining the alternative.

... I don't know. Just spittin' out nonsense I suppose.

Megaman 5 Brawl

Del Money

Smash Champion
Oh and Cool sig. Biggie for brawl. I wonder what Megaman would look like after taking his powers? :ohwell:
He'd look straight thugged out just like me.
optimism? more like logic :)
I'm still waiting for one of the people who truly new Sonic was coming on 10/10/07 (before the posers came along) to say something about Mega Man.
BN broke theseries in a worse way than Super mario sunshine. if you want to compare something to SMSS and be correct, then look at the ZX series. it added a new feature that was a little strange but it worked out fine. BN is a flat out new game.
Every MM game past Mega Man X6 took it up the ***, so I've heard...I'm just not a fan of the non-classic/X look. Every other look make Mega Man look like a homo in a bicycle helmet ad skintight underarmor.
but I will be at P2W.
Spoken like a true champion.
I thought the same thing, bwoy.
megaman = samus clone guy, and he claims he KNOWS megaman and would just be another samus...
Did also claim that he sucks ****? Because at this point, that's the only claim he could make that I'd believe...

up+B = whatever recovery move we all agreed on (shoryuken-ish or whatever)
B = buster shot (hold to charge) / use acquired ability
side+B = Mega Ball Kick or any other better Mega Man attack that I don't know of since I haven't played enough
down+B = cycle through acquired abilities (3 max)
A taunt (or being smacked hella hard) can clear all abilities just like Kirby's. The ability he steals with depend on the EXACT character he KOs (example: in PT's case it's either Charizard, Squirtle, or Ivysaur's B-attack)
I thought we decided that Megaman KOing for his abilities was a bad idea. It would be an unfruitful feature in 1-Stock matches.
Too bad. What idiot plays 1-stock matches anyway? And besides, this ability for Mega Man implies that he gets stronger as he fights...kinda like a Saiyan.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Mega Man Wii Game?!
Turns out this one may be real. Various sites have been reporting that a game entitled 'Megaman Scramble Battle' is intended for release at the end of 2008/beginning of 2009, the genre marked as 'Action/RPG'. These sites have since then, taken down the list for reasons unknown. Unfortunately, there wasn't really much clarification towards the series this game will be in, so this remains another rumour.

CREDIT: Rockman Synergy Commons

Link to original article - http://www.rockmanpm.com/
Link to the thread - http://www.rockmanpm.com/forum/index.php?topic=5302.0
Oh. My. ****ing. God. Guys, what if this is the multiverse crossover Megaman game we have all been waiting for? (Read some of the posts to understand what I mean)

Bksbestbwoy = Chief Informant of The R.M.B. (I finally came up with a title for myself) My secondary title could be Chief Historian of the Neo Arcadian Ages

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
yes because being different from and almost unrecognizable from the original mega man games makes it a mega man game [/sarcasm]

c'mon man. you know it. i know it. its not mega man
No being called Megaman makes it a mega man game. Capcom decides not you. The holder of the copyright can call anything a mega man game and since they own mega man they would be right.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
playing with one stock PLEASE FOR crying out loud how is to unlock megaman IF you play with one stock when i play as LUCAS to unlock megaman why how but it means third party,s are secret caracters that,s what sakurai said for now but if you want to unlock megaman you have to finshi each mode what it said so good luck when you buy the game

Stryks

Smash Hero
did no one read my post? i feel so un-loved, lol
:p I was gonna post about it and then read that guys post, got sidetracked...

anyway it sounds interesting, a crossover over all the megamans would be great, creating a smash bros like game seems possible, but an adventure game with an actual story would be the sickest thing ever, and on the wii? pointing with the wii-mote to ain the megabuster, ABSOLUTE WIN...

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
playing with one stock PLEASE FOR crying out loud how is to unlock megaman IF you play with one stock when i play as LUCAS to unlock megaman why how but it means third party,s are secret caracters that,s what sakurai said for now but if you want to unlock megaman you have to finshi each mode what it said so good luck when you buy the game

What in God's holy name did you just even say? :ohwell:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
:p I was gonna post about it and then read that guys post, got sidetracked...

anyway it sounds interesting, a crossover over all the megamans would be great, creating a smash bros like game seems possible, but an adventure game with an actual story would be the sickest thing ever, and on the wii? pointing with the wii-mote to ain the megabuster, ABSOLUTE WIN...
that would PWN my idea for the Megaman/Rockman parodies on R.M.B., lol

(Imagines the looks on everyone's faces when Bass can't tell the difference between Classic, X, and Trigger... EPIC WIN)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
What's the focus and point of this post?

[/College professor analysis.]

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
So I was wondering who you guys thought Megaman's biggest opponents to get into smash were? I suppose the most important thing about him is his third party status. So naturally third party characters are his biggest enemies. The only real contenders I have heard of are Geno, Crono, Sora, Cloud, Pacman, Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot and Mog. Geno, Pacman, Bomberman and Mog are the only ones I really think have a chance. Since Geno seems to have the biggest following I think he is MM biggest enemy.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
So I was wondering who you guys thought Megaman's biggest opponents to get into smash were? I suppose the most important thing about him is his third party status. So naturally third party characters are his biggest enemies. The only real contenders I have heard of are Geno, Crono, Sora, Cloud, Pacman, Bomberman, Crash Bandicoot and Mog. Geno, Pacman, Bomberman and Mog are the only ones I really think have a chance. Since Geno seems to have the biggest following I think he is MM biggest enemy.
Wow. Crash Bandicoot? Haven't heard that one. xD

Top Bottom