• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Del Money

Smash Champion
Crash Bandicoot is an awesome platformer...the best platform series I've seen that was actually fully developed in the United States. The PS1 Crash titles were all solid gold and apart from Sonic, I've never had more fun with a platform game ever. From running from boulders to riding poar bears and jeskis, it was just amazing (well at least the PS1 titles were). With that, Crash has no reasonable chance at Brawl and I'd prefer Mega Man in over him anyday. Good day, beeeyaatches.

crimsonman

Smash Cadet
Wait...what???
Thats Pacman's thing...
He eats and goes Wakka Wakka...
Why do you reject me so???
-Splat-
OH DEAR SWEET HEAVENLY LORD IT GOT IN MY EYE!!!
-splat splat thunk-
AHHHH!!! WHO THREW THE BRICK!?!
I CANT FEEL MY LEG!!!
WHY!?!
HA! didn't see the brick coming did he.
Yea I don't think Crash would make the cut.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
But Bluebomber, what would we do without you and who's in charge with your leave of absence?

One more thing, how long are you going to be gone?
I think he's just talking about this

hen you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
so still a character drought...maybe sakurai is waitin for the 17th.....
...I'm starting to get the feeling no more characters are going to be announced...

Hopefully at least 1 new one will be in Coro Coro though...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
@error...
You put Pacman over Sora and Cloud...
Pacman isnt exactly a brawler...
Im just curious as to how that would work...
I mean Sora's got keyblades...and Cloud has the Buster Sword...
Pacman has a mouth...
-wakka wakka wakka-
And the note about Sora and Cloud being in one Nintendo game...untrue...
Has anyone heard of KH 365/2 Days coming out for the DS???
Oh and Geno has only seen one game so far...
Besides...its about what the fans want...
Im saying that once we have our Capcom rep, Square's the way to go...
Who the face of Square???
I think FF and KH...
Hmmm...FFVII...KH2FM(Final Mix)...
...Cloud and Sora!!!
after Megaman of course...
I fear I have disincluded Geno due to my want of another sword-weilding character...
Besides...I dont think Geno counts as a full 3rd party character...
geno doesnt realy(from what I heard) so I dont care about him for now. cloud is a pure FF character, and if you read what I said he may already be deconfirmed. besides, we all know sakurai likes that little yellow blob. I personaly hope though pac-man doesnt get in. sora could go either way with me, but I personaly dont see him getting in(due to being connected to disney).
so still a character drought...maybe sakurai is waitin for the 17th.....
that could explain this.
Hey...uh...
They just showed us the chracter selection screen...
Looks like Bowser and Sonic are unlockable/secret...
go figure...
uhh...sonic may be a starter from the looks of things. we already know bowser is a starter, I dont see how you got unlockable out of their position.
ir eally want Megaman and Roll to be in brawl
Roll? not my first choice for a second rep, but she COULD work as a AT with that vacuume thing of hers. she could hold her enemies in place and let you smack them around a bit.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Hey guys i had a nightmare last night about mega man in brawl. In my dream i checked the dojo and i saw a character update for Zack and Wiki lol!! their icon was the word capcom. i scrolled down to see their b move was 8 bit mega man teleporting in and shooting 1 little pellet lol. I remember getting really angry cuz sakurai's comments about mm not getting in were pretty smug.

when i woke up, i was pretty pissed off. then i realized it was just a dream and i started ROFL. It was my worst fear come true:laugh:
I had a dream about Megaman in brawl, but I don't remember much of it becuase it was a few months ago and even freshly waking up that day, it was kinda foggy. In the dream I went to a game store and saw individual posters of characters in Brawl and Mega was, fortunately enough, among them. He was indeed Classic Megaman, but his design was a collaboration with the other Megaman versions. If I remember correctly, he had Classic's head, X's or Trigger's upper body, .EXE's thighs and X's or Classic's boots and buster gauntlets. Though, I don't remember anything beyond that (such as his moves, other characters, etc.).

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
you know, as much asthis could be considered a crap update, i really like the direction some of this stuff is going in. sakurai is really catering to all players with brawl. now here's hoping we get good old Megaman in there soon!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
...I'm starting to get the feeling no more characters are going to be announced...

Hopefully at least 1 new one will be in Coro Coro though...

you know what, im gettin that feelin too....but hopefully sakurai will feel otherwise

Hey...uh...
They just showed us the chracter selection screen...
Looks like Bowser and Sonic are unlockable/secret...
go figure...
thats the same character selection screen from the demo

I had a dream about Megaman in brawl, but I don't remember much of it becuase it was a few months ago and even freshly waking up that day, it was kinda foggy. In the dream I went to a game store and saw individual posters of characters in Brawl and Mega was, fortunately enough, among them. He was indeed Classic Megaman, but his design was a collaboration with the other Megaman versions. If I remember correctly, he had Classic's head, X's or Trigger's upper body, .EXE's thighs and X's or Classic's boots and buster gauntlets. Though, I don't remember anything beyond that (such as his moves, other characters, etc.).
as long as he didnt have starforce's buster!

uhh...sonic may be a starter from the looks of things. we already know bowser is a starter, I dont see how you got unlockable out of their position.
i dont think sonic will be a starter, but i think hell be easily unlocked in SSE. i guess sakurai doesnt even care about whos unlockable anymore thanks to online

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Grargh!!!! BN and SF are Megaman games!! I don't think I have ever been more frustrated at someone over the internet before. *fumes*
But see, it gets better!

Canonically speaking, Starfail and BN don't even EXIST. How do you like them apples?

Seriously, though, respect our opinion and we'll respect yours. We consider Starfail and BN nonentities and they will be treated as such. It's FINE that you like those two installments in the franchise (many of us have pointed that out to you)---just don't expect US to like it.

Smooth Criminal

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Grargh!!!! BN and SF are Megaman games!! I don't think I have ever been more frustrated at someone over the internet before. *fumes*
But see, it gets better!

Canonically speaking, Starfail and BN don't even EXIST. How do you like them apples?

Seriously, though, respect our opinion and we'll respect yours. We consider Starfail and BN nonentities and they will be treated as such. It's FINE that you like those two installments in the franchise (many of us have pointed that out to you)---just don't expect US to like it.

Smooth Criminal
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a SMOOTH CRIMINAL!

:cool:

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
But see, it gets better!

Smooth Criminal
You are confusing the meaning of opinion with fact. You can't have an opinion on if they are megaman games or not. They are regardless. I do respect your opinion as long as you don't mix it up with fact and BB does not seem to respect mine. Also I don't expect you to like it I expect you to acknowledge its existence in the megaman universe.

This is like if you just decided I wasn't human and when I gave evidence suggesting otherwise you disregarded it and stated that it was your opinion. You then proceed to say that me being human was my opinion and that we should respect each others opinions.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You are confusing the meaning of opinion with fact. You can't have an opinion on if they are megaman games or not. They are regardless. I do respect your opinion as long as you don't mix it up with fact and BB does not seem to respect mine. Also I don't expect you to like it I expect you to acknowledge its existence in the megaman universe.

This is like if you just decided I wasn't human and when I gave evidence suggesting otherwise you disregarded it and stated that it was your opinion. You then proceed to say that me being human was my opinion and that we should respect each others opinions.
And you totally missed the sarcasm behind my point. Presumptions, presumptions. The internet is serious ****ing business sometimes. Even I get swept away by the tide.

Yes, Starfail and BN are MEGAMAN games. Inafune backed them up (albeit in a limited fashion) and helped put them out there. None of us here are DENYING this. We just LOATHE it that much. It's like that distant relative that everybody in the family adopts an "out of sight, out of mind" attitude with. They may send that relative a card or two every now and then, but they wouldn't dare invite them to the family reunion or any important occasion that requires their physical presence.

Catch my drift? No?

Let me spell it out here: THE MAJORITY OF US DON'T LIKE STARFAIL OR BN. DEAL.

If Bluebomber and Stryks wanna be vehement in their opinions, they sure as hell can be. Granted, resorting to personal jibes against one's character is uncalled for---mudslinging does not a good debate make. However, you are also partially responsible---as the saying goes, "it takes two to tango." Your inability to SUBMIT to the fact that we dislike BN/Starfail is an evil in and of itself. By being stubborn, you're just egging on the conflict. Get over yourself. Accept that we do NOT LIKE BN/STARFAIL and move on.

Smooth Criminal

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
And you totally missed the sarcasm behind my point. Presumptions, presumptions. The internet is serious ****ing business sometimes. Even I get swept away by the tide.
Ah okay.

Yes, Starfail and BN are MEGAMAN games. Inafune backed them up (albeit in a limited fashion) and helped put them out there. None of us here are DENYING this. We just LOATHE it that much. It's like that distant relative that everybody in the family adopts an "out of sight, out of mind" attitude with. They may send that relative a card or two every now and then, but they wouldn't dare invite them to the family reunion or any important occasion that requires their physical presence.

Catch my drift? No?

Let me spell it out here: THE MAJORITY OF US DON'T LIKE STARFAIL OR BN. DEAL.
That is completely okay. You don't have to like them. You are the first person out of the three of you to acknowledge them at all. For that I respect you. I can even see how you wouldn't like the games. I was only annoyed when I was told to get out of the thread because the right megaman isn't my favorite or that SF and BN aren't megaman games and therefore don't belong in this thread.

If Bluebomber and Stryks wanna be vehement in their opinions, they sure as hell can be. Granted, resorting to personal jibes against one's character is uncalled for---mudslinging does not a good debate make. However, you are also partially responsible---as the saying goes, "it takes two to tango." Your inability to SUBMIT to the fact that we dislike BN/Starfail is an evil in and of itself. By being stubborn, you're just egging on the conflict. Get over yourself. Accept that we do NOT LIKE BN/STARFAIL and move on.

Smooth Criminal
That is a bit harsh. I have never said that you had to like them. In fact I have stated the opposite in my last post. I also don't believe I ever insulted anybody as they did. That saying is silly. It takes two to debate but that does not mean both are guilty when one person calls another an idiot. If I ever did insult anyone please point it out to me and I will apologize. And again I submit that you don't like the stupid freaking game okay!! You won't accept that someone can like something and not force his view on everyone else. *glares at BB and Stryks* Do I have to pull up the pot calling the kettle black image again?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
also did someone ACTUALLY compared crash bandicoot with megaman?
Yes, E-Z-Money did lol

That is a bit harsh. I have never said that you had to like them. In fact I have stated the opposite in my last post. I also don't believe I ever insulted anybody as they did. That saying is silly. It takes two to debate but that does not mean both are guilty when one person calls another an idiot. If I ever did insult anyone please point it out to me and I will apologize. And again I submit that you don't like the stupid freaking game okay!! You won't accept that someone can like something and not force his view on everyone else. *glares at BB and Stryks* Do I have to pull up the pot calling the kettle black image again?
for the record, i didnt call you an idiot, i called you a moron.

and i recognized the fact that BN and starforce are Mega Man games, but they are only so in NAME ONLY. they dont have the same story, gameplay, etc. You refuse to accept that fact. Calling BN and Starforce a mega man game is like calling the CD-i Zelda games an actual Zelda game. Sure it was made and liscensed by Nintendo(even though they deny this today :)), but everyone knows it is not a TRUE zelda game. And i feel the same way about the BN and Starforce series.

Yeah, they have mega man in the title. but that alone doesnt make them mega man games.

If they had named Superman64 "The Greatest Game Ever!", would the title alone actually make it the greatest game ever?

And im not tryin to force you to like the other mega man games, i couldnt care less what you like or dislike. I have no respect for you because you like them, but hey whatever floats your boat

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Yes, E-Z-Money did lol
I only compared the fact that they are third party! That is all.

for the record, i didnt call you an idiot, i called you a moron.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

and i recognized the fact that BN and starforce are Mega Man games, but they are only so in NAME ONLY. they dont have the same story, gameplay, etc. You refuse to accept that fact. Calling BN and Starforce a mega man game is like calling the CD-i Zelda games an actual Zelda game. Sure it was made and liscensed by Nintendo(even though they deny this today :)), but everyone knows it is not a TRUE zelda game. And i feel the same way about the BN and Starforce series.
No they think it is not a true Zelda game. If the name, copyright and ownership are there then it is in fact a zelda game. Same with BN.

Yeah, they have mega man in the title. but that alone doesnt make them mega man games.
Yes it does.

If they had named Superman64 "The Greatest Game Ever!", would the title alone actually make it the greatest game ever?
No but it would be called that and any game after that made by the same company that has a similar name would be a related game.

And im not tryin to force you to like the other mega man games, i couldnt care less what you like or dislike. I have no respect for you because you like them, but hey whatever floats your boat
I'm not trying to force you to like BN, I couldn't care less what you like or dislike. I have no respect for you because you are a bit of a jerk, but hey whatever lights your flame.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
E-Z-MONEY said:
No they think it is not a true Zelda game. If the name, copyright and ownership are there then it is in fact a zelda game.
No...
Its not...
All rights and purposes of the Zelda CD games were relenquished...
So they dont even exist anymore by a technical standpoint...

E-Z-MONEY said:
... it would be called that and any game after that made by the same company that has a similar name would be a related game.
You really dont get it do you???
Yes...its a Mega Man game...
However, by form and function, it is completely different from the main series...
By all means of GAMEPLAY, BN and SF are not Mega Man in nature...
BN and SF are NOT canon...
In terms of the Mega Man universe, they dont exist...
They are universaly independant from the main series...
Its like taking the dozens of "What if..." comics Marvel produces as canon/fact...
Please accept that we dont (cant ) accept BN and SF as TRUE Mega Man games...
By definition a TRUE game takes place in the main story-line...
Do you see???
So to reinterate...BN/SF = Mega Man but not TRUE/CANON Mega Man...
Now please stop arguing and start talking about something constructive/humerous...

@SiD...if he can see this...
That was plain uncalled for...
I dont like BN or SF just as much as the next guy, but you dont need to rub it in everyone's face...

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
No...
Its not...
All rights and purposes of the Zelda CD games were relenquished...
So they dont even exist anymore by a technical standpoint...
Oh. I haven't played or really heard much about the games. However that is not the case with BN.

You really dont get it do you???
Yes...its a Mega Man game...
However, by form and function, it is completely different from the main series...
By all means of GAMEPLAY, BN and SF are not Mega Man in nature...
Form and function don't really matter. Megaman is a name and not much more.

BN and SF are NOT canon...
In terms of the Mega Man universe, they dont exist...
They are universaly independant from the main series...
Its like taking the dozens of "What if..." comics Marvel produces as canon/fact...
Please accept that we dont (cant ) accept BN and SF as TRUE Mega Man games...
By definition a TRUE game takes place in the main story-line...
Do you see???
It is a true megaman game. the truth is a reality claim. The what if comics are a perfect example. They are comics of whatever the title. They just aren't canon and go by different rules. Like BN.

So to reinterate...BN/SF = Mega Man but not TRUE/CANON Mega Man...
Now please stop arguing and start talking about something constructive/humerous...
True and Canon are different things. BN is true but it is not Canon. (to my knowledge) As immature as it sounds I will stop when everyone else does.

@SiD...if he can see this...
That was plain uncalled for...
I dont like BN or SF just as much as the next guy, but you dont need to rub it in everyone's face...
Thank you very kindly. You and SM seem to be less fanboyish then the others. You seem to like the game as much but you two don't seem to flame people and ask them to leave. You give a good name to MM fans.

RDK

Smash Hero
Thank you very kindly. You and SM seem to be less fanboyish then the others. You seem to like the game as much but you two don't seem to flame people and ask them to leave. You give a good name to MM fans.
Fanboyish? I'm not the one visiting every single character thread and posting trollish arguments about why that character's not going to be in Brawl. Try again.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I think Ninjuku said it best... Can we stop arguing about this stuff and get to something useful? (like frying the kid who asked the The Official Megaman for Brawl Thread why we'd want him in Brawl?)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Don't even bring IN any examples of Marvel Comics. Good Lord, Ninjuku, you will bring fiery death to your household if you're not careful. Marvel fails on so many levels nowadays that it is DISGUSTING. As a geek who loved Marvel once-upon-a-time, I could fill a whole page with complaints.

Ugh.

In name, BN and Starfail are Megaman games. In form and function, they don't play anything like the originals. AT ALL. See the logic, E-Z? That's how we feel. Semantics aside, that is our opinion and that is what matters. Same with you, man. Your opinion is what matters.

Smooth Criminal

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Oh. I haven't played or really heard much about the games. However that is not the case with BN.
Form and function don't really matter. Megaman is a name and not much more.
It is a true megaman game. the truth is a reality claim. The what if comics are a perfect example. They are comics of whatever the title. They just aren't canon and go by different rules. Like BN

True and Canon are different things. BN is true but it is not Canon. (to my knowledge) As immature as it sounds I will stop when everyone else does.
Okay...okay...
Ive said it before...Ill say it again...
BATTLE NETWORK AND STARFORCE ARE MEGA MAN GAMES...
Sorry if that seemed out of place bu you cant do much with the Wii...
They arent canon...and arent considered as a Mega Man game because they dont follow any of the traditional formulas...
They are Mega Man...But arent CONSIDERED true Mega Man games...
Technically they are but hey...
And thank you...
It annoys me when someone randomly posts with a "is n00b/suxorz/etc." comment...
I try to take every discussion as professionally as possible so as to get my point across, and insulting as few people as possible in the process...
So when someone does that, attacking either side I see it as immoral, irrational, and rather childish...
Thank you again...

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Okay...okay...
Ive said it before...Ill say it again...
BATTLE NETWORK AND STARFORCE ARE MEGA MAN GAMES...
Sorry if that seemed out of place bu you cant do much with the Wii...
They arent canon...and arent considered as a Mega Man game because they dont follow any of the traditional formulas...
They are Mega Man...But arent CONSIDERED true Mega Man games...
Technically they are but hey...
Hmmmm. I would agree with you if you replaced "true" with "traditional". Is that okay. If you do that then I think we will have reached perfect agreement. Oh and it's cool that you are on the wii.

And thank you...
It annoys me when someone randomly posts with a "is n00b/suxorz/etc." comment...
I try to take every discussion as professionally as possible so as to get my point across, and insulting as few people as possible in the process...
So when someone does that, attacking either side I see it as immoral, irrational, and rather childish...
Thank you again...
I had fun debating with you. It seemse we have just about reached agreement.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
ninjuku, you made it clear to this joke E-Z the first time so i am not sure why he doesnt get it. if we could move along with other megaman topics that would be nice. however since this kid wont just leave the topic than i want you to keep making him a phailer. that is all. i am sure EZ will say something else to.

Top Bottom