• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
(Yes this is off-topic)

Man I love Mario Galaxy. Got to play the demo at Gamestop yesterday, for about 5 minutes before I fell in love with it. Definently going to buy it for myself as well as a Wii this holiday season. Cheers.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Though impossible to achieve a full balance on a game, a character may be better than another, true.

What I'm saying, is that the skill of the person controlling a character, can overcome their disadvantages.
Sorta not really.

A new with Mario will be a new a new with Fox will look like thev played b4,

Person A and B are sorta on the same level but person A is clearly better then person B, But person B may choose Fox and beat Person A.

If some1 were to watch that Person B (Fox) Vs Person A (Mario) match, they would think person B was clearly Better.

My point is, Some characters are clearly Imbalanced next to other characters and skill isnt always in order when these characters are chosen.

I Dont really like matches against Fox, Peach, or Shiek unless Im one of them also or my best. Cause no other character really stands,

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
LOL so true...

epicness ona huge scale.

subtract 18 of those twenty characters and then it would be the best update ever.(we dont want to know EVERYONE before the games release)

I hope megaman is put higher on the tier list, but if he has the ability to charge, shoot, and fire while running then he would definatly be higher. at least I would think so.

I was thinking the same thing.

unless there are more third parties, but I doubt that at this moment.

BTW I finally got Super Mario Galaxy (thats why I wasnt around for the past day), and I am going to have to say, best game I ever played.

the level designes are extremely clever and the last one is the most aw inspireing I have ever seen. I also love the power ups, they make the game all the more fun. by far though, my favorite thing about this game is the fct hat none of the levels leave a bad taste in your mouth. you can go back and have just as much fun doing the level all over again. this game definatly deserves the title of greatest game ever made.

(I got this as an early christmas present, thats why I got it before X collection, I have 10$ saved, 10 more and I can order the collection.)
Sweet...
That really is a great Wii game...
On a similar note, Ive been enthralled in the world of Resident Evil once more...
Umbrella Chronicles...
Good game...
If you like killer zombies and massively overpowered bosses that is...
I need a zapper...

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Looking at some Japanese message boards, there are a lot of mentions of Megaman and Klonoa.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
So whats your fave Galaxy so far? mine has to be the water one shaped like a race track that you get to very later on in the game.
Im going to have to say, either the one were
you destroy the giant mecha bowser, or any of the galaxy's were you jump from ship to ship(reminds me so much of the flying ship levels from SMB3)
Sorta not really.

A new with Mario will be a new a new with Fox will look like thev played b4,

Person A and B are sorta on the same level but person A is clearly better then person B, But person B may choose Fox and beat Person A.

If some1 were to watch that Person B (Fox) Vs Person A (Mario) match, they would think person B was clearly Better.

My point is, Some characters are clearly Imbalanced next to other characters and skill isnt always in order when these characters are chosen.

I Dont really like matches against Fox, Peach, or Shiek unless Im one of them also or my best. Cause no other character really stands,
well that was melee, but we all know brawl will be alot more balanced, I personaly think mario might be on par with fox now(I hope that or mario becomes better than fox), especialy with his buffs and new attack set up.
I agree SiegK, but bad example I think...

Mario isn't that bad against fox.
when was mario bad against fox? mario's cape should give him a advantage against fox's combat style. but then again I never got into the melee competitive scene so that shows how much I know.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
im absolutely in love with all the news roaming about in the past three pages so ill talk about the top three that get me

1. more characters +more [good] 3rd party characters = undeniable epic win especially if mega's confirmed
2. @ Mega-Ridley-Knight Man - ZX sounds like a great experience to you, so tell me then, any last minute comments on the game as a whole?
3. Stop talking about Super Mario Galaxy!!!!11!!11!! I want to go into that game without even knowing what the intro's like for Albert's sake, lmao :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Well I played the first ZX game, and I hated it completely.
why was that? (there are some really good reasons to hate it and love it, but i want to hear what you have to say)

1. more characters +more [good] 3rd party characters = undeniable epic win especially if mega's confirmed
2. @ Mega-Ridley-Knight Man - ZX sounds like a great experience to you, so tell me then, any last minute comments on the game as a whole?
1. Yes indeed sir.

2. Well I usually like games where you can play as multiple character ,where you are free to roam wherever you want and where there are quite a few side quests and... well... this game ticks all three boxes.

But considering I play so many Nintendo games I strive for at least an ounce of story so a game series which has 500 - 3000 years of story is better than "Save the princess, save the cake!".

And not to mention the extras...

Also guys go over to P2W and become more active on the RMB section, remember you can post any clan / Mega man related topic there!

SiD

Smash Master
Well, I didn't find it fun really. It was way not focused enough on action. It couldn't hold my interest. It made me go back and play X4.

Airmicro

Smash Cadet
True, there are more downtime in ZX but the overall action part is much more difficult than the X serie which, to me, is a good point, considering every X games are a little too easy (I played X1 to 7 xept for 6 and played ZX1).

However, the hardest is probably classic megaman, MM2-3 were really hard for me.

Classic Mega man games had the old school "Make one mistake AND YOU DIE!!" kind of difficulty.

ZX advent had to "Stupid *** shooty things that stop you from jumping so you ****ing fall!!" kind of difficulty...

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
True, there are more downtime in ZX but the overall action part is much more difficult than the X serie which, to me, is a good point, considering every X games are a little too easy (I played X1 to 7 xept for 6 and played ZX1).

However, the hardest is probably classic megaman, MM2-3 were really hard for me.
The fire level in MM2...
No amount of skill made up for that...
You just memorize...fall...repeat...die...repeat...
I still get nightmares...
ZX is a notch up the difficulty ladder from X...
The hardest thing in X being the black devil...
Zero being the hardest series overall...
Honestly, I found ZX...and especially ZXA...rather enjoyable...
So...yeah just saying...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
The fire level in MM2...
So...yeah just saying...
I was just playing MM2 today... I can imagine myself as a 6 - 8 year old playing that ****ing fire level and just throwing the controller with the intent of breaking the tv set after counting 15 game overs before i actually made it... only to get royally PWNED by Heatman. (Mother****er didn't even let me get a shot in... i felt ******** :chuckle: )

As for series difficulty, i dunno why people keep saying Zero series was so hard... I'll admit, you could be tempted to throw your GBA/DS due to some ****, but other stuff wasn't bad coming from the X series into it anyway.

ZX is somewhere between X and Zero, but sometimes, i kinda wish if it just could have been a zero 5 and 6 since after playing a good half hour, i'd just turn it off and go beat the guardians or omega's *** in Zero 1 - 3 :chuckle:

[/ranting]

EDIT - Can someone please send me a link to the R.M.B. Wiki site? Thanks in advance

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
I was just playing MM2 today... I can imagine myself as a 6 - 8 year old playing that ****ing fire level and just throwing the controller with the intent of breaking the tv set after counting 15 game overs before i actually made it... only to get royally PWNED by Heatman. (Mother****er didn't even let me get a shot in... i felt ******** :chuckle: )

As for series difficulty, i dunno why people keep saying Zero series was so hard... I'll admit, you could be tempted to throw your GBA/DS due to some ****, but other stuff wasn't bad coming from the X series into it anyway.

ZX is somewhere between X and Zero, but sometimes, i kinda wish if it just could have been a zero 5 and 6 since after playing a good half hour, i'd just turn it off and go beat the guardians or omega's *** in Zero 1 - 3 :chuckle:

[/ranting]

EDIT - Can someone please send me a link to the R.M.B. Wiki site? Thanks in advance
Zero one was hard...
The others...a little less so...
I wish I could link you, but Im on the Wii...I gots no address bar...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lego u forgot a dot after the B, otherwise it takes u to another page...

anyway im out guys, hoping tomorrow when I wake up I see megaman in all his blue bomber glory, good nite :p

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
The fire level in MM2...
So...yeah just saying...
Lol just beat enough levels until you get Item 2, then you can just fly across that block lava part. I'm not as good at the X games as I am at the classic ones.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Lol just beat enough levels until you get Item 2, then you can just fly across that block lava part. I'm not as good at the X games as I am at the classic ones.
True...
But tell that to young me nine or ten years ago...
He really needs to know...
Jump jump poof die...
The nightmares!!!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
i found Zx to be a lot easier than any X game...

just a few more hours guys!
Im staying up tonight to see who is announced or not(plus I got yet ANOTHER project) so I'll be here for the count down, heres hopeing its megaman. but I wouldnt mind not getting him tonight tommarow morning AS LONG AS we get him dec 17.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Im staying up tonight to see who is announced or not(plus I got yet ANOTHER project) so I'll be here for the count down, heres hopeing its megaman. but I wouldnt mind not getting him tonight tommarow morning AS LONG AS we get him dec 17.
I agree whole-heartedly...
Have you seen the new RMB topics???

EDIT:Were so close to 10000 posts its not funny...

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
when i have MEGAMAN powered up on my PSP i was trying to pass wily stage 3 and i was stuck there for now on
Lol, I have that game and my friend makes these near-impossible stages for me to beat. One had 20 of those hammers from timeman's stage right next to eachother and if you got barely caught you were dead. Also, there were spikes at the bottom so you couldn't fall, and those missiles from bomb mans stage were coming at me. My friend knew me too well, and knew that I wouldn't quit playing until I beat it. After a few hours, I got to and beat the boss of the level, a party ball.

RDK

Smash Hero
Why do you guys want a support thread? The whole reason we made the one at P2W is so that you guys can post all of the club stuff there....

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
thats cuz we really dont need a new support thread.

i think ill check P2W right now too...
ya, people used to think megaman wouldnt get in, but we proved them all wrong, no need for a new front page now.
Why do you guys want a support thread? The whole reason we made the one at P2W is so that you guys can post all of the club stuff there....
I didnt say I wanted one in that post, I said the reason we are at such a high post count in this thread is because we havnt made a new thread yet.
QFT

this one is just fine. plus, once mm is confirmed, the first page will be useless really
oh ya.
^ We'll just get a Megaman subcategory like all other confirmed characters. Then, we can have a "zomg! MEGAMAN CONFIRMED!" thread! :laugh:
ya, we could, but we should do something more original....

30min more before we all bust wide open for whatever reason. come on something worth waiting for!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
this is the most epic mind game I have EVER seen.

not only was it a update of something we already know but also:

peach face next to "real men use items!" a double reference to "real men use peach" and tourneys not useing items.

not even a double update... this is the first update that almost made my eyes water out of dissapoinment...

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
i found Zx to be a lot easier than any X game...

just a few more hours guys!
I honestly thought it had a bit more complication than most games in the X saga to be honest... in X, I never even bothered to use a weapon other than the basic buster - it was just not neccessary, except maybe in X6. Hell, I beat X3 without even knowing what half my weapons did :laugh:.

In ZX, I found myself having to intentionally go for elemental weaknesses a few times.

So, I think in terms of difficulty it'd go MM >> Zero >>> ZX >>> X

Top Bottom