• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
this is the most epic mind game I have EVER seen.

not only was it a update of something we already know but also:

peach face next to "real men use items!" a double reference to "real men use peach" and tourneys not useing items.

not even a double update... this is the first update that almost made my eyes water out of dissapoinment...
Yeah, I found that bit most interesting myself. It was like both a nod to the fans and a bit of a jab at the tourney crowd. But tonight's update really didn't surprise me after No-good-vember...

elee88

Smash Cadet
you guys sound so sure that megaman is going to be in brawl. how are you guys so sure he's going to be in. I don't want to search 657 pages. could someone like pm it to me or something to make me feel like he's for sure in this game?

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
you guys sound so sure that megaman is going to be in brawl. how are you guys so sure he's going to be in. I don't want to search 657 pages. could someone like pm it to me or something to make me feel like he's for sure in this game?
Well... they delayed the game to add more characters, saying there were going to be more 3rd party characters, interviews have given hints, and Brawl is still in production because they are still adding and programing new characters.

Mega Man has a pretty good chance.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Well... they delayed the game to add more characters, saying there were going to be more 3rd party characters, interviews have given hints, and Brawl is still in production because they are still adding and programing new characters.

QFT

plus, its pretty obvious he'll be in

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Im Sorry, QFT?
QFT=quoted for truth.

ugh, there's a lot of trolling over in the general brawl area, and the mods are being not-there as usual.

anyway, this update sucked balls as usual, and it seems we're getting MM a bit later. thank god for corocoro comics for giving us the (hopefully) final roster on the 15th.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Hmm, I didn't think Megaman would be announced today, but I was indeed expecting a newcomer. So now we have Mega Monday 3 (Dec.17) to look forward to. If he's not updated then, Sakurai truly is unpredictable.

Heh, he'll probably update Mega Monday 3 with something like Classic Mode or more subspace enemies.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
They enjoy torturing us a little more than whats healthy...
Hmm, I didn't think Megaman would be announced today, but I was indeed expecting a newcomer. So now we have Mega Monday 3 (Dec.17) to look forward to. If he's not updated then, Sakurai truly is unpredictable.

Heh, he'll probably update Mega Monday 3 with something like Classic Mode or more subspace enemies.
He never actually said there would be an update 2day...just to make us think there would be and then His Master Plan was to get us all down and SPRING it on us 2morrow!

Mega Man for Brawl.
sakurai and his mindgames, I am actualy starting to think he IS realy mind gameing us, no longer a joke....

hopefully we will get megaman on the 17th, if not, then he would be a secret third party.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
We already got the Classic Mode update so that's out of the way. ;)
*Checks DOJO*

So we did, we've had so many mediocre updates that classic mode just became one in a million and I forgot.

Even so, watch Mega Monday 3 become Multi-man Brawl or something of the sort.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I want Megaman on Mega Monday 3, but as error said, I believe he really is mindgaming with us and he KNOWS we're expecting Megaman on Dec. 17.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

Where did you get wind of ANY of this information? I either want a link, or some of whatever it is you're smoking.

But yea, Megaman will be in Brawl or my name isn't Umberto.
Good thing it's not.

EDIT:
Oh yea, and this update sucked so hard.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
You know what ERROR, i am beginning to think that he just might be a secret third party. i would assume that CAPCOM would want some hype so they would announce him soon. so we look forward to the 17th however if he is not updated then, i believe it is possible for him to be a secret one. although i wouldnt think they would do that with a third party.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I am so very dissapointed, a friend actually laughed at me for being so sure of megas confirmation today...

seriously if we dont get him on dec. 17... *sigh*

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
This update proofs two things: 1. Sakurai CAN NOT be predicted. 2. Mega Man, or any character, can be revealed on ANY day. The updates are not bound to special dates or events. It could be tomorrow or after the Japanese get the game...

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
This update proofs two things: 1. Sakurai CAN NOT be predicted. 2. Mega Man, or any character, can be revealed on ANY day. The updates are not bound to special dates or events. It could be tomorrow or after the Japanese get the game...
:urg: Indeed. My hopes were given up today. He probably saw all the hype about that on these forums and was like:

"MWAHAHAHAHA!!! FOOLS! TIME TO SHRED YOUR SPIRITS INTO TINY PIECES AND SHIFT THE COMPLETELY AWESOME UPDATE TO THE DAY RIGHT BEFORE BRAWL COMES OUT IN AMERICA! BWAHAHAHA!!!" :demon:

...Or not... :ohwell:

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping that isn't his idea. I don't even care when he's revealed after todays incident, i just want megaman in.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I am so very dissapointed, a friend actually laughed at me for being so sure of megas confirmation today...

seriously if we dont get him on dec. 17... *sigh*
heroes always arrive late....

QFT.

we just dont know what goes on in that crazy mind of his...he's impossible to predict

Stryks

Smash Hero
heroes always arrive late....
Lol nice bomber, very funny...
Well I guess we can expect megaman sooner or later, I mean we got Dec. 17, and thats the best possible date to confirm him, if it DOESNT happen, then megaman will appear pretty randomly, but think about it:

Snake was re-shown in the dojo with video and all due to his footage at the MGS anniversary event
sonic was added cause to maybe recompensae the fact smahs was delayed?

so it seems 3rd parties are revealed by something of importance, either if its a special date or something, something veterans dont get since they are revealed pretty randomly... just a tought

Del Money

Smash Champion
I'll tell you this...if Mega Man doesn't make the cut, I'll find KingBulbinX and stomp his b!tchass out.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

Stryks

Smash Hero
And I'll hunt down the_sandman_ cause of what he said about megaman:

he cant get in cause he's blue...

lol good times...
anyway Megaman for brawl!

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
yup. i think this was the first time i was so frustrated at an update that i walked away from the computer with my hands over my eyes. curse you Sakurai.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
its obvious that dates hold nothing to character release dates. because of this(Dec. 3 dreaded update) that nothing is he way you will expect it, so I am going to change from a optimist to a pessimist. I am no longer going to expect his announcement so that if he is announced, it will be more of a suprise(or as much of an expected suprise can be).

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
If Megaman is in, he'll be released after the holidays.

Nintendo is still busy making money off of Galaxy and their other holiday titles. If they announced Megaman it would just detract from hype on current games. That's probably why Sakurai is saving the good updates until January.

Still, I hope to see Geno tomorrow.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I just wanted to share a cross-stitching my girlfriend sewed for me on my birthday. Thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I officially envy Xanderous...

anyway 00elf, that doesnt make sense, why would people get distracted with brawl, and thus not buy galaxy if brawl aint released yet? that's like saying halo players werent playing halo 2 online since they announced 3 and thus waited for the release...

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to share a cross-stitching my girlfriend sewed for me on my birthday. Thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

You lucky...
A girlfriend and a Megaman art-piece...made by said girlfriend...
-stalks off grumbling-
shout from the distance: Megaman 4 Brawl!!1one!

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I love the idea of Megaman being in Brawl.

I'm mainly pro-X, though. X has way more abilities and potential than Classic Megaman, in addition to being the latest official incarnation of Megaman in the main series, although either one is great.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
How is he the latest official incarnation of Megaman?
I'm referring to the main character in the main series (not counting the spinoffs). He's the last of Dr. Light's creations, which makes him the latest incarnation of Megaman. Zero doesn't count, because he wasn't created by Dr. Light, and he's not a Megaman either. "Megaman Zero" is just the title of his games, simply to let people know that his series takes place in the Megaman universe. He's not an actual true-blue Megaman.

The kids from ZX don't count either. They're just a bunch of brats in costumes. I pine for the day when we can play as an actual Megaman again.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
I'm referring to the main character in the main series (not counting the spinoffs). He's the last of Dr. Light's creations, which makes him the latest incarnation of Megaman. Zero doesn't count, because he wasn't created by Dr. Light, and he's not a Megaman either. "Megaman Zero" is just the title of his games, simply to let people know that his series takes place in the Megaman universe. He's not an actual true-blue Megaman.

The kids from ZX don't count either. They're just a bunch of brats in costumes. I pine for the day when we can play as an actual Megaman again.
What about Trigger?

binki4

Smash Apprentice
why is sakurai saving the MEGAMAN update until january THAT's LONG I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT FOR THAT LONG FOR NOW , anyway december 17th is MEGAMAN birthday of 20TH anniversary and i am all excited for megaman being in brawl and that's his birthday but megaman in brawl better not ruin megaman birthday same like last month ruin the anniversary party of megaman being in brawl so sakurai i know that you are trying keeping the secret for the smash fan's on us because you did't tell us where megaman gonna be in brawl and you don't like showing the smash fans because they will be frustrated and they won't buy that game until you have to show us that when megaman gonna be in brawl

THANK YOU !

Top Bottom